fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Stuck
Jan 2, 2024
I've set my heart on this method in preference to OD. Besides actually the obtaining N , He or Ar. I'm still just bewildered with the amount of equipment necessary. Does anyone know of any cases of individuals just utilising or only only slightly modifying existing breathing apparatus?? Whether that be CPAP, regular oxygen or NO2 breathing apparatus….I see some methods using scuba gear but even that seems to require really finicky modifications. I know the amount of detail is there for a reason. Nobody wants a botched attempt. But in my half braindead state of depression combined with the urgency I feel to ctb as my personal circumstances worsen it just feels so beyond my scope of understanding. Pills I could crush and conceal in a safe but the equipment here is going to be so much harder to manage discreetly since I don't live alone…

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash’Girl
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I've set my heart on this method in preference to OD. Besides actually the obtaining N , He or Ar. I'm still just bewildered with the amount of equipment necessary. Does anyone know of any cases of individuals just utilising or only only slightly modifying existing breathing apparatus?? Whether that be CPAP, regular oxygen or NO2 breathing apparatus….I see some methods using scuba gear but even that seems to require really finicky modifications. I know the amount of detail is there for a reason. Nobody wants a botched attempt. But in my half braindead state of depression combined with the urgency I feel to ctb as my personal circumstances worsen it just feels so beyond my scope of understanding. Pills I could crush and conceal in a safe but the equipment here is going to be so much harder to manage discreetly since I don't live alone…
I would make sure you can get the inert gas before you look into anything else. I'm not from the UK, but like I mentioned before, some found it difficult to source gas there. But one poster from the UK, who posts on the inert gas megathread now and again, had success. I'm sure when they see your post on that megathread they will respond, they were helpful to others before. Maybe PM them when you have enough posts sent.
So I would make sure you can get the gas first.

If you can afford the SCUBA setup, you should have no problem getting SCUBA gear anywhere in the UK. Get the stuff @befree recommended:

Option 1 -- 1) - full face rubber diving mask (sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasus)
+ 2)- diving regulator consisting of pressure reducer = 1st stage, hose and mouthpiece = 2nd stage (e.g. Cressi MC9 compact, as shown in the photos)

Option 2 - Improved version

1)- OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Neptune Space G.divers (each with integrated 2nd stage)
+
2)- OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector
Or get the package which has all you need, mentioned on the SCUBA megathread, but it's expensive.
Then, along with the gas, you just need the UK adapter that's screwed into the cylinder, and the SCUBA regulator is screwed into the adapter.
UK adapter:
Screenshot 20240103 233403

Full setup:
6595f1e560ddbaa6485c9728

But overall, I think the cheapest and probably easiest method, once you have the cylinder, is to buy an EEBD hood/ELSA hood with just the hose (without the air cylinder attached). You can get them either on the well-known auction/bidding websites, or the cheap Chinese shopping websites(like I said on a different post, I can't give sources, but Google " open sesame and the 40 thieves" to get the name of one Chinese site). They deliver worldwide.

Then you just need to get an argon or nitrogen regulator with flowmeter that has litres per minute (LPM) on it. Argon ones are easier to find, you can use them with a nitrogen cylinder no problem.
Then cut the end off the hood hose, and attach to the regulator with hose clamps.:

6595fb58dc1d721153342e2a

But like I said already, make sure you can get a nitrogen/argon cylinder in the UK first.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: limeoctave and fallingasl33p
fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Stuck
Jan 2, 2024
I would make sure you can get the inert gas before you look into anything else. I'm not from the UK, but like I mentioned before, some found it difficult to source gas there. But one poster from the UK, who posts on the inert gas megathread now and again, had success. I'm sure when they see your post on that megathread they will respond, they were helpful to others before. Maybe PM them when you have enough posts sent.
So I would make sure you can get the gas first.

If you can afford the SCUBA setup, you should have no problem getting SCUBA gear anywhere in the UK. Get the stuff @befree recommended:

Or get the package which has all you need, mentioned on the SCUBA megathread, but it's expensive.
Then, along with the gas, you just need the UK adapter that's screwed into the cylinder, and the SCUBA regulator is screwed into the adapter.
UK adapter:
View attachment 126050

Full setup:
View attachment 126053

But overall, I think the cheapest and probably easiest method, once you have the cylinder, is to buy an EEBD hood/ELSA hood with just the hose (without the air cylinder attached). You can get them either on the well-known auction/bidding websites, or the cheap Chinese shopping websites(like I said on a different post, I can't give sources, but Google " open sesame and the 40 thieves" to get the name of one Chinese site). They deliver worldwide.

Then you just need to get an argon or nitrogen regulator with flowmeter that has litres per minute (LPM) on it. Argon ones are easier to find, you can use them with a nitrogen cylinder no problem.
Then cut the end off the hood hose, and attach to the regulator with hose clamps.:

View attachment 126054

But like I said already, make sure you can get a nitrogen/argon cylinder in the UK first.
Bless you 🙏

Reactions: Tears in Rain
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I'm in the UK and after some searching was able to get a cylinder of nitrogen. Another user ordered from same place after me, we both got our deliveries.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Can just order helium or nitrogen right off Amazon surely? I doubt there is any control over it, they will be used for balloon and food all the time all over.

fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Stuck
Jan 2, 2024
Can just order helium or nitrogen right off Amazon surely? I doubt there is any control over it, they will be used for balloon and food all the time all over.
No bro 🙏 not pure anyway
I'm in the UK and after some searching was able to get a cylinder of nitrogen. Another user ordered from same place after me, we both got our deliveries.
Ah please let me know after PM's become available 😅🙏

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Then cut the end off the hood hose, and attach to the regulator with hose clamps
Why can argon regulator be used for nitrogen too? Then why are there separate regulator designed specifically for nitrogen?
This fact confuses and worries me

(this is not a reproach, but just a question, if anything)

Reactions: limeoctave
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Why can argon regulator be used for nitrogen too? Then why are there separate regulator designed specifically for nitrogen?
This fact confuses and worries me

(this is not a reproach, but just a question, if anything)
If you have nitrogen, then try and get a nitrogen regulator. But some people found it easier to find an argon regulator with a flowmeter with LPM. The connection going into the cylinder is the same on both types of regulator.

The only thing is, if you use an argon regulator with a nitrogen cylinder, you'll have to make a slight adjustment because they are different gases. But from looking up previous posts on this thread, setting it to 15litres per minute (lpm) on an argon regulator is about 20lpm of nitrogen; 20 LPM on an argon regulator is about 25 LPM nitrogen.
So if you get an argon regulator with nitrogen, it's fine to set it to 15lpm.

People have said that if you get an argon regulator with an argon gas cylinder, set it to 25 LPM, because argon is a heavier gas

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: limeoctave and Justnotme
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
If you have nitrogen, then try and get a nitrogen regulator. But some people found it easier to find an argon regulator with a flowmeter with LPM. The connection going into the cylinder is the same on both types of regulator.

The only thing is, if you use an argon regulator with a nitrogen cylinder, you'll have to make a slight adjustment because they are different gases. But from looking up previous posts on this thread, setting it to 15litres per minute (lpm) on an argon regulator is about 20lpm of nitrogen; 20 LPM on an argon regulator is about 25 LPM nitrogen.
So if you get an argon regulator with nitrogen, it's fine to set it to 15lpm.

People have said that if you get an argon regulator with an argon gas cylinder, set it to 25 LPM, because argon is a heavier gas
Thank you so much!!!
I have already watched so many videos on YouTube that talk about installing a regulator, about gas welding...

In the comments below the video, I asked a male welder if it was possible to use an argon regulator for nitrogen.
He replied that he had not encountered this, but if the density of argon is the same as that of nitrogen, then it is possible.

So, yes, thanks to you, I remembered that argon is heavier than nitrogen, thank you

Now I feel more relaxed and can order a regulator for argon, despite the fact that I have nitrogen.

I have already reviewed many sites and I cannot order a regulator with a rotameter for nitrogen anywhere.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Thank you so much!!!
I have already watched so many videos on YouTube that talk about installing a regulator, about gas welding...

In the comments below the video, I asked a male welder if it was possible to use an argon regulator for nitrogen.
He replied that he had not encountered this, but if the density of argon is the same as that of nitrogen, then it is possible.

So, yes, thanks to you, I remembered that argon is heavier than nitrogen, thank you

Now I feel more relaxed and can order a regulator for argon, despite the fact that I have nitrogen.

I have already reviewed many sites and I cannot order a regulator with a rotameter for nitrogen anywhere.
Yeah, the argon regulator will be fine. It has a slightly different density, so you have to make a slight adjustment. But it's fine to set it to 15lpm.
Just make sure the LPM on the regulator goes to 15lpm or higher; some of them have lower LPM than 15lpm.

• Love
Reactions: Justnotme