• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Does anyone know accounts of failure of this method? Or the reason why someone abandoned it?
It's not exactly a popular method due to price and complexity. But I would imagine it being very low if you cross the line of unconsciousness. It has a higher probability of succeeding then exit bag due to the fact that the mask is strapped on which prevents unintentional removal. Scuba failure is down to equipment fault, user error or oxygen in the inert gas. These are parameters you can actively control with training, good equipment and sourcing high purity inert gas.

Problem sourcing inert gas, finding the necessary adapters and equipment is probably the most usual reason people abandon it. Not to mention the cost and it being hard to hide when not living alone.

I read a study that showed almsot everyone using helium and a bag succeeded. But of all cases on used argon and survived
I live in EU and got a cylinder from ebay
I would very much like to read that article, I suspect it may have something with it being an heavy gas.

itsme777

itsme777

Mar 19, 2024
Here is the article I was referring to.

But apparently it was both Nitrogen and Argon which failed in that report.
But there exists several reports of successful Nitrogen exits on google. Although Argon seems harder. I was planning
to buy Argon at first due to availability

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Here is the article I was referring to.

But apparently it was both Nitrogen and Argon which failed in that report.
But there exists several reports of successful Nitrogen exits on google. Although Argon seems harder. I was planning
to buy Argon at first due to availability
Thank you! Quite an interesting read, mostly centered around the failed argon subject. Not sure what went wrong but using argon with an exit bag should be doing it with caution. It should still be viable with scuba, but nitrogen or helium is still preferred.

LunarGirl

LunarGirl

tired of the never ending cycle
Apr 4, 2024
Slightly bumping/asking again for some assistance here. Still not managed to source a way of getting nitrogen in the UK. Most places I have seen require a business account or I need to be able to drive there physically (I do not have a car). Is it even possible for nitrogen to be straight up delivered anymore in the UK?

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
LunarGirl

LunarGirl

Apr 4, 2024
Is 220L total nitrogen enough for this setup?

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
I was an avid scuba diver when I had a life..tbh I don't understand how the regulator doesn't come out of your mouth once your passed out with this method. I would always have to consciously bite down slightly to keep it in my mouth. I'm sure it doesn't since it apparently works so well , but ..

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Have you ever used a SCUBA mask to take breaths with your mouth. Your literally have to bite on the regulator mouthpiece and deeply pull/inhale the oxygen in. You are right, when you pass out and become unconscious, you do not decide to breathe, breathing is autonomous, it automatically happens.

However, when I took a first aid class, they thought us when someone has fainted and is unresponsive, the first things to check for are breathing and for pulse. The way you check for breathing is put your ear to their nose while looking down towards their chest. You should be able to hear them breathing and feeling the exhaling of air in your ear as well looking to see if their chest/lungs are expanding (moving up and down, you can also place a hand on their chest to help you gauge if their chest is moving up/down).

This video of British Red Cross first aid illustrates what I described with the ear to the nose (@ 00:35 & 1:15) -

One thing you never see an unconscious/unresponsive person do, is attempt deep inhales to attempt to breathe, and especially through the mouth.

My point is, SCUBA mask breathing is not a natural way to breathe. An unconscious person breathes in the most natural way, which is for most people through the nose, and certainly not in a labored pulling (deep inhalation) motion required for a regulator.

You are saying the OceanReef Mask you have chosen for yourself allows for nasal breathing, which I believe should be an important consideration when going with this method. So if Nasal breathing is in an important factor, I don't see how SCUBA is better than SCBA.

All SCBA masks allow for nasal breathing and you don't have to bite down on a mouthpiece to breathe with the mouth as you would with SCUBA equipment, which again you have to question your unconscious body's ability to remain biting down on the mouthpiece.

Can I ask why you consider SCUBA OceanReef Mask as the better equipment for this method over SCBA equipment?

My exact concern with this method

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Yes it was a lot, but I think it's manageable when you calm down and only start with breathing N2 when you have your breathing under control as I wrote in my conclusion further down the thread. I wrote down the procedure that I'll follow in that conclusion (I'm using the Ocean Reef with an SAV valve). So I'll keep that bypass valve open until I have my breathing under control. It basically combines my experience with the things I read.
I don't understand, what exactly happened here?

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
According to your photos and the info of the hardware store the right adapter is shown on the right site of the photo I posted.

Adapter CGA580 flat head external thread to G5/8" internal thread.

I can send you a source. This makes it easy to buy a regulator. You can use a regulator with DIN connection.

I know this user isn't here anymore, but does anyone know if he cga580 flathead and cga580 rounded will work for any cga580 connection?

All of the cga580 connections I use have the rounded ball, I don't know if the flathead one will work , and it appears to be the only adapter available for cga580 in order to use th diy regulator

LunarGirl

LunarGirl

Apr 4, 2024
Is anyone an expert on scuba method that I can chat with? Preferably UK based but if not that's okay.