• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
That would be for a nitrogen cylinder, right?
The one i posted a picture of is for a helium cylinder. The way i understand it, the helium side is measured for 200 bar, the regulator side for 300. That should work, i guess?
Sorry, yeah, you're right. I'm not German, I just copied that adapter needed for nitrogen from what someone posted on the inert gas megathread. On putting it into a German to English translator, yes the one I mentioned is for nitrogen.( It was actually the correct one for a 300bar SCUBA regulator, I got confused by what @NoFutureAnymore was saying.
So Gerwindeadaptor 300 bar G5/8" Innengewinde -Stickstoff w24.32 200 bar Innengewinde is fine for a 300bar SCUBA regulator with nitrogen).

In some regions, such as U.S. and U.K., the cylinder connection for nitrogen, argon and helium are the same. Are you saying that helium has a different cylinder connection to nitrogen in Germany/parts of EU?
(On a different thread, a German poster, @Painfu.Ll.suffering, was saying that the argon gas regulator, that I thought could be used as an alternative to a nitrogen regulator, seemed to have a different connection to a nitrogen one. I thought maybe they hadn't looked up the correct flowmeter. But it makes sense now, if argon and helium have different cylinder connections to nitrogen, that the argon regulator had a different connection to a nitrogen one. )

As regards to whether the adapter you linked is the correct one for helium, I honestly don't know.

So if i bought the Neptune "complete" pack i posted a picture of, i would be good? That's a Din300 regulator, right?
Yeah, it looks like a Din300 regulator in the picture alright.

Really? I completely get the problem for the 15l/m exit bag solution, because you have that constant flow.
But from what i understand, with the Neptune the helium would _only_ flow when i breath in (that's what the 2nd stage regulator is for)?
Yes, it's on-demand, so the gas only flows when you breathe. But each in-breath of nitrogen draws a large amount of gas.(I think I saw somewhere that it's up to 70lpm for each breath.).

Someone on the inert gas megathread was looking at a case of a person who ctb with a SCUBA rubber mask(he was referred to as Slovak guy.). They were guessing how much nitrogen was used, based on info they had. Their guesses ranged from about 380 to 680 litres used by the guy. You should look at the inert gas megathread. Specifically this page:

Are there any other reasons why i should use Nitrogen?
As regards nitrogen, I vaguely remember coming across something, again on the inert gas megathread, that the demand valves in the SCUBA gear, that release air on -demand, work better with nitrogen, because there's over 70% nitrogen in air. So they are designed for nitrogen/O2 mix.

But honestly, I don't know enough about it. It's possible that helium is perfectly fine to use. Look over the inert gas megathread. Search @GasMonkey posts especially. (When you post >~20 posts, you can use the search bar).

Last edited:
Reactions: Elzar
Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
Sorry, yeah, you're right. I'm not German, I just copied that adapter needed for nitrogen from what someone posted on the inert gas megathread. On putting it into a German to English translator, yes the one I mentioned is for nitrogen.( It was actually the correct one for a 300bar SCUBA regulator, I got confused by what @NoFutureAnymore was saying.
So Gerwindeadaptor 300 bar G5/8" Innengewinde -Stickstoff w24.32 200 bar Innengewinde is fine for a 300bar SCUBA regulator with nitrogen).

In some regions, such as U.S. and U.K., the cylinder connection for nitrogen, argon and helium are the same. Are you saying that helium has a different cylinder connection to nitrogen in Germany/parts of EU?

For Germany, that seems to be the case.
Nitrogen has a W24.32 connection. For Helium it is W21,8

Very good. thank you!

Someone on the inert gas megathread was looking at a case of a person who ctb with a SCUBA rubber mask(he was referred to as Slovak guy.). They were guessing how much nitrogen was used, based on info they had. Their guesses ranged from about 380 to 680 litres used by the guy. You should look at the inert gas megathread. Specifically this page:
Interesting. And Surprising.

As regards nitrogen, I vaguely remember coming across something, again on the inert gas megathread, that the demand valves in the SCUBA gear, that release air on -demand, work better with nitrogen, because there's over 70% nitrogen in air. So they are designed for nitrogen/O2 mix.

But honestly, I don't know enough about it. It's possible that helium is perfectly fine to use. Look over the inert gas megathread. Search @GasMonkey posts especially. (When you post >~20 posts, you can use the search bar).

I will try to do that, thx.
Getting to more than 20 posts without spamming the board seems difficult though.
I can't spend much time online, at the moment.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
For Germany, that seems to be the case.
Nitrogen has a W24.32 connection. For Helium it is W21,8

Very good. thank you!

Interesting. And Surprising.

I will try to do that, thx.
Getting to more than 20 posts without spamming the board seems difficult though.
I can't spend much time online, at the moment.
People sometimes spend some time in the games forum to build up their post count.

Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024

Found it. GasMonkey wrote something to that effect.
Damn.
So if i went for a Nitrogen cylinder, the difference between the different kinds (2.8, 4.0, 5.0 E941) is purity? With E941 the best, so ideally that as a 5L cylinder, right?
Oh, and since i can get PMs now (thanks again Tears in Rain) - if someone could point me to where to buy the stuff i would need for the Neptune III solution (from Germany), that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Found it. GasMonkey wrote something to that effect.
Damn.
So if i went for a Nitrogen cylinder, the difference between the different kinds (2.8, 4.0, 5.0 E941) is purity? With E941 the best, so ideally that as a 5L cylinder, right?
Oh, and since i can get PMs now (thanks again Tears in Rain) - if someone could point me to where to buy the stuff i would need for the Neptune III solution (from Germany), that would be greatly appreciated.
I found a post of his alright, here's what he said:
If you have thought about using Helium with SCBA gear, I'm not sure if it would perform well with it, since that equipment is designed for Air (which has almost the same weight as Nitrogen, so it is compatible with it) and Helium is much lighter than Air, you would have to test it to see what happens.

Helium is really good for the ExitBag, coz it has a huge weight difference with CO₂, optimal for CO₂ purging from the bag.
To be honest, he's not saying Helium won't work, just that he's not sure. That's the SCBA gear he's referring to, but SCUBA would be similar.

Someone here posted that >98% purity should be fine.

No problem. There's not many inert gas setup users still on the site, but there might be one or two German/EU posters still knocking around.

Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
I found a post of his alright, here's what he said:

To be honest, he's not saying Helium won't work, just that he's not sure. That's the SCBA gear he's referring to, but SCUBA would be similar.

Right, i'd rather not risk it though, i guess.
The main reason i'm looking at he Neptune is that i imagine it to be a much "safer" (and maybe quicker) way than the exit bag.
Is that even true?
No problem. There's not many inert gas setup users still on the site, but there might be one or two German/EU posters still knocking around.

What do most users regard as the best way to ctb here, anyway?
Maybe there is something obvious i'm missing.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
The main reason i'm looking at he Neptune is that i imagine it to be a much "safer" (and maybe quicker) way than the exit bag.
Is that even true?
You probably lose consciousness quicker with the SCUBA method alright. Maybe ~15 seconds, versus 30-60 seconds with exit bag and EEBD/ELSA hood.

What do most users regard as the best way to ctb here, anyway?
Maybe there is something obvious i'm missing.
I guess pentobarbital/Nembutal(N) is usually put forward by people as the 'best' method, but it seems you can only get it in South/Central America.
But N and inert gas are probably the most peaceful and painless.

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Elzar, r u going for nitrogen or helium? Did u bought a regulator yet?

Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
Elzar, r u going for nitrogen or helium? Did u bought a regulator yet?
I was going for Helium with the Exit Bag method but kind of changed my mind reading befree's SCUBA guide.
Right now i just have a Helium tank (too small probably), the flowmeter and the bag.
I did order the G5/8" to 21,8 adapter for the Helium cylinder.
No regulator yet. And i'm considering switching to Nitrogen.

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
It seems to have worked. I received shipping confirmation overnight for the CGA 580 male to G1/4 male piece. I am going to order the other part today, but it seems to be the more accessible so hopefully there isn't a problem.
Are you located in the USA? If so, can you please share which website you ordered from in a private message?
please share what type of adapter would be needed for a Nitrogen tank in the US

SCUBA inert gas megathread

This thread was made only for the SCUBA method.
For other inert gas methods please use the other threads.

Since my post regarding the SCUBA method in another thread, there have been many questions regarding this method
in several threads and by PM. That´s why I made this megathread.

For some people this method may sound complicated, but it´s not. Basically, it is nothing more than using diving equipment
by replacing a diving gas cylinder with an inert gas cylinder by using an adapter.

In addition to using the rubber mask version, I would like to introduce another, more comfortable version of this method.

Both versions have been successfully used for suicide. Which version you prefer is your decision.

Guide for the rubber mask

Required equipment

- 5 liters helium or nitrogen with a purity of at least 2.8 (99,8%) or higher
- cylinder adapter for connection to the regulator
- full face rubber diving mask (sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasus)
- diving regulator consisting of pressure reducer = 1st stage, hose and mouthpiece = 2nd stage (e.g. Cressi MC9 compact, as shown in the photos)

Advantages of this method

No shortness of breath and no feeling of suffocation, as CO2 continues to be exhaled.

Inhalation of pure helium or nitrogen that is not enriched by exhaled breathing air (with oxygen and CO2).

No risk of failure due to uncontrolled movements during unconsciousness or slackening of the muscles and a resulting change in body position.

Helium and nitrogen are odorless and tasteless.

No danger to other persons due to escaping gas.

Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths).

Death occurs after approximately 3-5 minutes in painless unconsciousness.

Technical explanation

The pressure in a full 5 liters helium or nitrogen cylinder is approx. 200 bar.

The pressure reducer, which is connected to the gas cylinder, reduces the inhaled gas down to 9 bar.

The second part of the regulator, the mouthpiece, regulates the pressure further down. This allows you to breathe normally.

These pressure adjustments are automatic and do not require manual control.

The mouthpiece operates according to breathing demand. This means that gas only flows when breathing in. If there is no inhalation or exhalation
at all, the gas flow stops automatically and the exhaled breathing gas is led out of the 2nd stage of the regulator (mouthpiece) via a membrane.

As a result, the exhaled gases (CO2 + O2) are never mixed with the gas to be inhaled. This also reduces the amount of gas required, because gas does not flow permanently.

To connect the regulators pressure reducer to the helium or nitrogen cylinder, you need an adapter. The type of adapter depends on the gas used but also on the country.

Before you order the adapter, you have to decide which gas you want to use.

Adapters for EU and some other European countries (not for the UK):

adapter for helium:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread - helium W21.8 internal thread

adapter for nitrogen:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread

Procedure

First
connect the adapter tightly to the cylinder.

After that connect the pressure regulator tightly to the adapter.

To check if the pressure regulator is properly connected to the cylinder, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage while opening the cylinder. You will hear gas coming out of the mouthpiece. Then release the button. Check if you hear gas coming out of the adapter or pressure reducer.
If not, everything is ok.

Caution ! Never open the cylinder without the pressure reducer (1st stage) being connected to the cylinder !
Due to the high pressure, the cylinder could empty quickly or the remaining amount of gas might not be enough.

- If you don´t want to proceed now, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage again and close the cylinder tightly. Release the button.

- If you want to proceed follow these steps:

Try on the mask without the mouthpiece/2nd stage. If necessary, adjust the straps precisely. Check that the mask fits airtight by covering the mouth opening with your hand and inhale. If the mask sucks against the face, it is airtight.

Take off the mask.

Insert the breathing part with the mouthpiece into the mouth opening of the mask.

Sit down in a comfortable, safe position.

The following steps must be done quickly:

Take a deep breath and hold it.

Quickly put on the mask with the breathing part and put the mouthpiece in your mouth.

Continue breathing normally. You will be unconscious after a few breaths.

Another author of a smilar guide recommends to remove the mouthpiece. I don´t agree with this.
If you become unconscious, you could close your mouth. Nasal breathing is difficult with this mask. However, with the mouthpiece in the mouth,
you can still breathe.

Improved version

Instead of the rubber mask and the regulator consisting of 1st and 2nd stage, you use:

- OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Neptune Space G.divers each with integrated 2nd stage

- OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector

- and the right adapter for the inert gas cylinder in your country

For both versions important to know: There are regulators with a DIN and INT connection 1st stage !

Usually in every EU country you can order an inert gas cylinder and adapter on the website of the dealers. Only in Switzerland, Austria and the UK it´s a bit more difficult but possible. Start with the gas cylinder and adapter first before buying the other equipment.

This guide is for your information only. I do not encourage you to use this guide and this method. You act on your own responsibility.
---

I generally don't recommend posting sources for inert gas or adapters on the forum anymore, because the authorities who read this forum might inform the dealers that their address is being shared on a suicide forum. The same thing could happen as with SN or N sources.

---

View attachment 118748

View attachment 118750

View attachment 118751

View attachment 118752
Can the same adapters, and the same scuba mask also be used for argon method? I'm In the USA.

Do you just need 40 ft.³ of argon? Is it also tasteless and you won't feel any suffocation? Is it a quick death within 5 to 10 minutes?
SCUBA inert gas megathread

This thread was made only for the SCUBA method.
For other inert gas methods please use the other threads.

Since my post regarding the SCUBA method in another thread, there have been many questions regarding this method
in several threads and by PM. That´s why I made this megathread.

For some people this method may sound complicated, but it´s not. Basically, it is nothing more than using diving equipment
by replacing a diving gas cylinder with an inert gas cylinder by using an adapter.

In addition to using the rubber mask version, I would like to introduce another, more comfortable version of this method.

Both versions have been successfully used for suicide. Which version you prefer is your decision.

Guide for the rubber mask

Required equipment

- 5 liters helium or nitrogen with a purity of at least 2.8 (99,8%) or higher
- cylinder adapter for connection to the regulator
- full face rubber diving mask (sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasus)
- diving regulator consisting of pressure reducer = 1st stage, hose and mouthpiece = 2nd stage (e.g. Cressi MC9 compact, as shown in the photos)

Advantages of this method

No shortness of breath and no feeling of suffocation, as CO2 continues to be exhaled.

Inhalation of pure helium or nitrogen that is not enriched by exhaled breathing air (with oxygen and CO2).

No risk of failure due to uncontrolled movements during unconsciousness or slackening of the muscles and a resulting change in body position.

Helium and nitrogen are odorless and tasteless.

No danger to other persons due to escaping gas.

Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths).

Death occurs after approximately 3-5 minutes in painless unconsciousness.

Technical explanation

The pressure in a full 5 liters helium or nitrogen cylinder is approx. 200 bar.

The pressure reducer, which is connected to the gas cylinder, reduces the inhaled gas down to 9 bar.

The second part of the regulator, the mouthpiece, regulates the pressure further down. This allows you to breathe normally.

These pressure adjustments are automatic and do not require manual control.

The mouthpiece operates according to breathing demand. This means that gas only flows when breathing in. If there is no inhalation or exhalation
at all, the gas flow stops automatically and the exhaled breathing gas is led out of the 2nd stage of the regulator (mouthpiece) via a membrane.

As a result, the exhaled gases (CO2 + O2) are never mixed with the gas to be inhaled. This also reduces the amount of gas required, because gas does not flow permanently.

To connect the regulators pressure reducer to the helium or nitrogen cylinder, you need an adapter. The type of adapter depends on the gas used but also on the country.

Before you order the adapter, you have to decide which gas you want to use.

Adapters for EU and some other European countries (not for the UK):

adapter for helium:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread - helium W21.8 internal thread

adapter for nitrogen:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread

Procedure

First
connect the adapter tightly to the cylinder.

After that connect the pressure regulator tightly to the adapter.

To check if the pressure regulator is properly connected to the cylinder, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage while opening the cylinder. You will hear gas coming out of the mouthpiece. Then release the button. Check if you hear gas coming out of the adapter or pressure reducer.
If not, everything is ok.

Caution ! Never open the cylinder without the pressure reducer (1st stage) being connected to the cylinder !
Due to the high pressure, the cylinder could empty quickly or the remaining amount of gas might not be enough.

- If you don´t want to proceed now, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage again and close the cylinder tightly. Release the button.

- If you want to proceed follow these steps:

Try on the mask without the mouthpiece/2nd stage. If necessary, adjust the straps precisely. Check that the mask fits airtight by covering the mouth opening with your hand and inhale. If the mask sucks against the face, it is airtight.

Take off the mask.

Insert the breathing part with the mouthpiece into the mouth opening of the mask.

Sit down in a comfortable, safe position.

The following steps must be done quickly:

Take a deep breath and hold it.

Quickly put on the mask with the breathing part and put the mouthpiece in your mouth.

Continue breathing normally. You will be unconscious after a few breaths.

Another author of a smilar guide recommends to remove the mouthpiece. I don´t agree with this.
If you become unconscious, you could close your mouth. Nasal breathing is difficult with this mask. However, with the mouthpiece in the mouth,
you can still breathe.

Improved version

Instead of the rubber mask and the regulator consisting of 1st and 2nd stage, you use:

- OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Neptune Space G.divers each with integrated 2nd stage

- OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector

- and the right adapter for the inert gas cylinder in your country

For both versions important to know: There are regulators with a DIN and INT connection 1st stage !

Usually in every EU country you can order an inert gas cylinder and adapter on the website of the dealers. Only in Switzerland, Austria and the UK it´s a bit more difficult but possible. Start with the gas cylinder and adapter first before buying the other equipment.

This guide is for your information only. I do not encourage you to use this guide and this method. You act on your own responsibility.
---

I generally don't recommend posting sources for inert gas or adapters on the forum anymore, because the authorities who read this forum might inform the dealers that their address is being shared on a suicide forum. The same thing could happen as with SN or N sources.

---

View attachment 118748

View attachment 118750

View attachment 118751

View attachment 118752
Can the same adapters also be used for the argon method? Is that also tasteless and painless and death in 5 to 10 minutes?

(On a different thread, a German poster, @Painfu.Ll.suffering, was saying that the argon gas regulator, that I thought could be used as an alternative to a nitrogen regulator, seemed to have a different connection to a nitrogen one. I thought maybe they hadn't looked up the correct flowmeter. But it makes sense now, if argon and helium have different cylinder connections to nitrogen, that the argon regulator had a different connection to a nitrogen one. )

As regards to whether the adapter you linked is the correct one for helium, I honestly don't know.

Yes, it's on-demand, so the gas only flows when you breathe. But each in-breath of nitrogen draws a large amount of gas.(I think I saw somewhere that it's up to 70lpm for each breath.).

Sorry, I am confused so is the argon adapters, the same that we would use for nitrogen and helium in the picture below? Would it be different adapters because the tank is different? I would need to show a picture of the tank then too right

Attachments

• IMG_4920.png
    IMG_4920.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4919.png
    IMG_4919.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4920.png
    IMG_4920.png
  • IMG_4919.png
    IMG_4919.png
  • IMG_4919.png
    IMG_4919.png
  • IMG_4920.png
    IMG_4920.png
Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Sorry, I am confused so is the argon adapters, the same that we would use for nitrogen and helium in the picture below? Would it be different adapters because the tank is different? I would need to show a picture of the tank then too right
In the U.S. and the U.K the SCUBA adapter is the same for nitrogen, helium and argon. However, in Germany and certain EU countries (those that use the same cylinder DIN connections as Germany), the adapter for nitrogen is different to the one needed for helium and argon, because their cylinder connections are different. I'm not sure about other parts of the world.

Also, for the U.S. adapter, there are two different types, depending on whether the SCUBA Din 1st stage regulator you buy is a 200 bar or 300 bar one.

For the 200 bar regulator, the two parts you need to get for the adapter are:
Screenshot 20240219 132509

For the 300bar regulator you need to get:
Screenshot 20240219 132557

Screenshot 20240219 121810

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Are you located in the USA? If so, can you please share which website you ordered from in a private message?

I'm in the USA. I tried ordering my adapter parts from the main French website in this thread, but it keeps saying "out of stock." I contacted them, and they told me they do not ship to the US. So I ordered my adapters from a UK website. They also do not ship to the USA so I had to get a middleman, have it shipped to them in the UK, then they shipped it to me in the US. Just know that there are two very similar parts for the female part of the adapter on the UK site - MK1 and MK2. I'm pretty sure MK1 is the correct one. But I ordered both just in case.

From what I understand, all U.S. inert gas tanks have the same threads so this adapter setup should work for argon too. I'm using nitrogen. Once I get these adapters, I'll have my SCUBA Din regulator and the adapter. Then all I'll need is the mask and the nitrogen tank.

@Tears in Rain - you seem to be the resident expert here. I was reading in this and other threads about having to test the tank/connections for leaks once everything is hooked up to ensure nothing goes wrong. Is that necessary? And if so what is needed to do it? I'm going to post photos of my full setup when I have everything, and am on the verge of getting out of this world.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I'm in the USA. I tried ordering my adapter parts from the main French website in this thread, but it keeps saying "out of stock." I contacted them, and they told me they do not ship to the US.
Yeah, I looked at that website there. One of the parts is out of stock for that adapter alright. Four U.S. posters bought those parts in the last 2 months, so given that it's a niche part, it's not a big surprise they're out.

Surprised that they said they don't ship to the U.S. given that they shipped there 4 times in recent weeks.
@Tears in Rain - you seem to be the resident expert here. I was reading in this and other threads about having to test the tank/connections for leaks once everything is hooked up to ensure nothing goes wrong. Is that necessary? And if so what is needed to do it? I'm going to post photos of my full setup when I have everything, and am on the verge of getting out of this world.
No harm in checking the connections for leaks. Just spray/pour soapy water onto the joints. There should be no gas bubbles. If there's gas bubbles, then gas is leaking and your connection isn't tight enough.

I posted this video on inert gas megathread of a guy checking a gas regulator-to-cylinder connection for leaks.

Yeah, you should post your setup on the inert gas setups gallery.

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
I'm in the USA. I tried ordering my adapter parts from the main French website in this thread, but it keeps saying "out of stock." I contacted them, and they told me they do not ship to the US. So I ordered my adapters from a UK website. They also do not ship to the USA so I had to get a middleman, have it shipped to them in the UK, then they shipped it to me in the US. Just know that there are two very similar parts for the female part of the adapter on the UK site - MK1 and MK2. I'm pretty sure MK1 is the correct one. But I ordered both just in case.

From what I understand, all U.S. inert gas tanks have the same threads so this adapter setup should work for argon too. I'm using nitrogen. Once I get these adapters, I'll have my SCUBA Din regulator and the adapter. Then all I'll need is the mask and the nitrogen tank.

Can you please send me the website where you got the adapters in private message?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Given that the U.S. adapter source(a European website) is currently out of stock for one of the two parts needed, I looked up any other potential source. I came across two similar parts from two separate U.S. websites. I'll post the part names here, as an alternative source.
It's also uncertain if the European website is shipping to the U.S. anymore.

Here are three potential adapters. Google search the names to bring up the sources. The first one is the European source that four people recently got the adapter parts delivered to the U.S.:

European Source:
Screenshot 20240219 132509

U.S. sources:
Screenshot 20240219 221519

Chinese source:
Screenshot 20240219 193809

Last edited:
R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Yeah, I looked at that website there. One of the parts is out of stock for that adapter alright. Four U.S. posters bought those parts in the last 2 months, so given that it's a niche part, it's not a big surprise they're out.

Surprised that they said they don't ship to the U.S. given that they shipped there 4 times in recent weeks.

No harm in checking the connections for leaks. Just spray/pour soapy water onto the joints. There should be no gas bubbles. If there's gas bubbles, then gas is leaking and your connection isn't tight enough.

I posted this video on inert gas megathread of a guy checking a gas regulator-to-cylinder connection for leaks.

Yeah, you should post your setup on the inert gas setups gallery.

Where do I buy the adapter if they are no longer shipping to the USA?

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Where do I buy the adapter if they are no longer shipping to the USA?
I can't give sources here. Google search the two part names from the U.S. source I posted above. It will lead you to two separate websites. I wasn't able to get one website source for both parts.

Reactions: reborn87
R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
In the U.S. and the U.K the SCUBA adapter is the same for nitrogen, helium and argon. However, in Germany and certain EU countries (those that use the same cylinder DIN connections as Germany), the adapter for nitrogen is different to the one needed for helium and argon, because their cylinder connections are different. I'm not sure about other parts of the world.

Also, for the U.S. adapter, there are two different types, depending on whether the SCUBA Din 1st stage regulator you buy is a 200 bar or 300 bar one.

For the 200 bar regulator, the two parts you need to get for the adapter are:
View attachment 129193

For the 300bar regulator you need to get:
View attachment 129194

View attachment 129195
What adapter is needed for nitrogen since the adapter is different for nitrogen and argon. Thank you.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Someone mentioned to me that the parts I posted above as a second option for a U.S. adapter didn't look exactly like the parts from the adapter from the European source. That's because it's made from a different company and just looks a different shape. But they still fit a U.S. CGA 580 cylinder and a Din regulator. Here's the U.S. sources again for the adapter, plus 2 more options, to add to others mentioned above.

U.S. Sources:

65b11da6e889d1a774462b67

65b11da6e889d1a774462b67 1

65b11da6e889d1a774462b67 2

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Someone mentioned to me that the parts I posted above as a second option for a U.S. adapter didn't look exactly like the parts from the adapter from the European source. That's because it's made from a different company and just looks a different shape. But they still fit a U.S. CGA 580 cylinder and a Din regulator. Here's the U.S. sources again for the adapter, plus 2 more options, to add to others mentioned above.

Thanks for clarifying. My adapter parts shipped today. The CGA thing looks about the same (not exactly, but close), but the DIN adapters in your option 2, 4 and 5 look nothing like what I ordered. I should get them by the end of the week and will post photos. All I know is that it was frickin expensive. Duty tax, valued added tax and international shipping added up fast. Not as expensive as the regulator, but not far off.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Thanks for clarifying. My adapter parts shipped today. The CGA thing looks about the same (not exactly, but close), but the DIN adapters in your option 2, 4 and 5 look nothing like what I ordered. I should get them by the end of the week and will post photos. All I know is that it was frickin expensive. Duty tax, valued added tax and international shipping added up fast. Not as expensive as the regulator, but not far off.
Yeah, the Din part of the adapter looks different alright, but that's just the outer design.
They are the same inner parts:
French Source(Din300 female to G1/4 female)
Screenshot 20240220 1814182 Screenshot 20240220 1814142

U.S sources(Din 200/300 female to 1/4 NPT female) :
Screenshot 20240220 181653 Screenshot 20240220 181648
Screenshot 20240220 140540 Screenshot 20240219 1857343

The other part for the adapter looks pretty much the same as the French source.
Screenshot 20240219 1741242

Did your DIN part of the adapter from the UK look like the French source, the top ones above?

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
All I know is that it was frickin expensive. Duty tax, valued added tax and international shipping added up fast. Not as expensive as the regulator, but not far off.
Yeah, pity it wasn't known about the potential U.S. sources before. Unfortunately the adapter isn't a regular part, so people had to try to find parts to go together, that are probably low-in-stock.

The SCUBA setup is expensive alright, hence why not many people go for it compared to other methods.

Yes, the Din300 looks just like the French one. How big of a nitrogen tank is needed?
People usually try and get at least 40cu/ft or around 1000litres(of compressed gas).

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Yeah, pity it wasn't known about the potential U.S. sources before. Unfortunately the adapter isn't a regular part, so people had to try to find parts to go together, that are probably low-in-stock.

The SCUBA setup is expensive alright, hence why not many people go for it compared to other methods.

People usually try and get at least 40cu/ft or around 1000litres(of compressed gas).
Will the adapter parts fit on a cylinder that is 60 ft.³?

The scuba method is expensive, but it definitely works and is painless compared to cheaper methods, right?

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Thank you very much for this. I bought the same mask thant that before returning it, according to another user, the fact that the nose is blocked would make the CTB harder...what's your take on it?

I've found two sources for this Pegasus rubber mask and there's like a $100 price difference (the more expensive one is the global giant online retailer). Also with the cheaper one, it allow you to pick a size, whereas the other one does not. They also have two different, but similar names:

Tecnomar Pegasus Rubber Full Face Mask - the cheaper one where you can pick a size
IST M37 Pegasus Full Face Mask for Commercial Scuba Diving - the one that cost $100 more

Which one is the right one? Also you said you returned it because the nose is blocked. Why does that matter? I assume you put the mouthpiece in, breath in deeply and then just breath back out of your mouth, or are you saying you need to breath out through your nose?

R

reborn87

Student
Jan 27, 2024
I've found two sources for this Pegasus rubber mask and there's like a $100 price difference (the more expensive one is the global giant online retailer). Also with the cheaper one, it allow you to pick a size, whereas the other one does not. They also have two different, but similar names:

Tecnomar Pegasus Rubber Full Face Mask - the cheaper one where you can pick a size
IST M37 Pegasus Full Face Mask for Commercial Scuba Diving - the one that cost $100 more

Which one is the right one? Also you said you returned it because the nose is blocked. Why does that matter? I assume you put the mouthpiece in, breath in deeply and then just breath back out of your mouth, or are you saying you need to breath out through your nose?
Did they give Smith the death row inmate in Alabama how much worse mask than the scuba mask?

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Hello, I have a question. Suppose I breathe through my nose once I'm asleep with the rubber mask on, would that cancel out the death process? Thank you in advance for your answers.

I also asked myself this question constantly when dealing with the method presented in this thread. If only gas flows through the mouthpiece when you breathe in through the mouthpiece: What happens after you lose consciousness? Isn't there a risk of simply suffocating without inert Gas and regaining consciousness by breathing through your nose? The air in the mask would only be minimally filled with inert gas, as it goes directly into the lungs and the rest is led out of the membrane together with the CO2. Shouldn't nasal breathing be stopped with a nose clip so that if someone is unconscious, there is sufficient mouth breathing to maintain a flow of inert gas through the mouthpiece?

I think this needs to be discussed more. I was feeling pretty good about all this, until going back over this part. So yes, you'll lose consciousness breathing through your mouth with a few deep breaths with the rubber mask/regulator method. But then what happens? Is it a good idea to use some kind of nose plug so your body has no choice but to continue breathing through the mouth when you're unconscious?

Reactions: reborn87
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I think this needs to be discussed more. I was feeling pretty good about all this, until going back over this part. So yes, you'll lose consciousness breathing through your mouth with a few deep breaths with the rubber mask/regulator method. But then what happens? Is it a good idea to use some kind of nose plug so your body has no choice but to continue breathing through the mouth when you're unconscious?

This was mentioned a couple of pages back on this thread. A couple of people advised to take out the rubber mouthpiece from the regulator, so that the regulator would respond to both nasal and mouth breathing from the inner mask when unconscious. @befree, who created this thread, recommended to leave the mouthpiece in.

A few weeks before they left this site, @befree seemed to be advising to only use the full-face SCUBA masks:
But what can happen is that when you're unconscious, you close your mouth and you can't breathe through your mouth. When using the OceanReef mask, this is not a problem, because you continue to breathe through the mouth. But with the rubber mask, nasal breathing is difficult or even impossible. Therefore, when using the version with the rubber mask, I strongly recommend to use the mouthpiece you bite on !

Both methods, the SCBA and the SCUBA method by using the OceanReef mask allow nasal breathing.
If I would decide to CTB I would definitely use the SCUBA OceanReef equipment. It offers a lot more comfort and safety.

Some members say, but the OceanReef version costs more. There are more expensive or equally expensive options to die. And you can't take money to your grave.

Both SCUBA options (rubber mask and OceanReef) have been used successfully. But if I would decide to CTB I would choose the OceanReef equipment.

If it was me, I would go with one of the two full-face mask options that @befree recommended:
Screenshot 20240221 113501