• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
Can someone help me with this? I bought a tank and I'm pretty sure the ball head adapter on the left is what I need, so I went ahead and ordered it.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to buy to connect to the other end. What mask/tubing do I need to buy to fit the 22.8mm G5/8 external thread?

Adapter

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Can someone help me with this? I bought a tank and I'm pretty sure the ball head adapter on the left is what I need, so I went ahead and ordered it.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to buy to connect to the other end. What mask/tubing do I need to buy to fit the 22.8mm G5/8 external thread?

View attachment 125471

That looks like the wrong adapter to me. Are you gonna be using the same regulator connection that @casual_existence linked in the previous page?:
Screenshot 20231227 114805
That regulator connection above (Din regulator) is male, so it will be screwed into a female connection on the adapter. The adapter in your pic has a male connection on both ends.The regulator @casual_existence posted won't screw into that.

Look at the posts on the previous page about the adaptor needed for U.S./CGA 580 bullnose cylinder to Din 300 regulator.. Is your cylinder a bullnose connection, like this:
Screenshot 20231227 114750

If so, you're gonna need the adaptor I mentioned on the previous page, if you're using the same Din regulator as @casual_existence :
Yeah, they are obviously rare given that the SCUBA regulator is designed to hook up to an air tank, and not nitrogen. On another thread I came across, a poster, @GasMonkey, said that the SCUBA adapter needed is now usually only sold in SCUBA gear stores as two separate parts, that can be put together to make the adapter. Here's the pic they put up, of the two parts, which need to be screwed together:

View attachment 125117

I came across one website that sells them as one. It called the part:
'Adapter CGA 580 male to DIN G5/8 300b female'.
But when I tried to purchase it to see where they shipped, it gave me the following error message:
'The item Adapter CGA 580 male to DIN G5/8 300b female in your cart is no longer available in this quantity. You cannot proceed with your order until the quantity is adjusted.'

And no matter how many times I upped the quantity, it kept giving me that error message.

But I came across a UK website that did stock parts that will work in the U.S.:

The website called one part:
'CGA 580 HELIUM TO G1/4 MALE FOR USA CYLINDERS.'
Part 1077

View attachment 125120
(The red thing is just a cap covering the threads, which is removed)

The other part needed was called:
'BODY ONLY. G5/8 FEMALE DIN TO G1/4 FEMALE ADAPTER. 300 BAR'
Part 1080-BHP MK.1

View attachment 125121
You screw one into the other to make the adapter.( This is the adaptor for the U.S. setup!. Will work for nitrogen, argon, and helium cylinders in U.S./CGA 580 bullnose to attach to Din 300 SCUBA regulator).

Googling both part names should bring up the website that sells them. They do international shipping.( I can't put up links here).

Well, if you've got the money for it, the SCUBA or SCBA setup is probably a good way to go, given that it's peaceful and painless, and seems to definitely work if you have the setup correct.

Me, despite all that trawling, will probably still go for exit bag or hood setup.
Your setup should look like this:
658c1431c6a1601ef7bc85c0

That male DIN300 connection on the SCUBA regulator goes into the female connection on that adapter in my pics above. See the post on previous page about buying the adapter for U.S. /CGA 580 cylinders. Some posters posted about having success buying it. It might be worth sending them a PM for sources.

Then you need to buy the SCUBA mask with regulator.
Here's what @befree advised:
First you have to decide which version you want to use: rubber mask OR the OceanReef equipment

As I said in the guide: For the rubber mask version you ONLY need:

rubber mask (Poseidon / Pegasus), regulator Cressi MC9 compact, adapter, gas cylinder.

A diving regulator consists of:

1st stage that you connect to the gas cylinder by using an adapter
2nd stage that you insert into the rubber mask

Improved version
Instead of the rubber mask and the regulator consisting of 1st and 2nd stage, you use:

- OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Neptune Space G.divers each with integrated 2nd stage

- OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector

- and the right adapter for the inert gas cylinder in your country

So, once you've got the cylinder, and the correct adapter, you can just buy the SCUBA setup package mentioned on the previous pages(just make sure you buy the setup that includes the mask and the regulator, not just the mask).

Again, the adapter I mentioned above is for U.S./CGA 580 connection cylinder to a Din 300 SCUBA regulator. A different adapter is needed for other regions like the UK and Europe.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Googling both part names should bring up the website that sells them. They do international shipping.( I can't put up links here).
Despite the website stating worldwide shipping, US of A isn't an option in the country list when you try to check out. I'm going to email them and inquire. I'll report back for any US residents.

Edited to add: They do ship worldwide. Just not all countries/nations.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Despite the website stating worldwide shipping, US of A isn't an option in the country list when you try to check out. I'm going to email them and inquire. I'll report back for any US residents.

Edited to add: They do ship worldwide. Just not all countries/nations.
Oh right, I hadn't got far enough in the process to see what countries they shipped to.

@sanctions, from the U.S, on the previous page said they were able to buy from the other website I mentioned. For some reason they advertise the two parts together as one adapter, but it won't let you buy that adapter. But if you go to the two parts separately, and add them to cart separately, you are able to purchase them. Then you can buy them and screw them together yourself.

So, that site might be worth trying, they ship to the U.S.
The exact names for the parts on their site, if you want to Google them, are:
- 'Adapter CGA 580 male to G1/4 male'
- 'Hose nozzle DIN300b female - G1/4 female'

Reactions: alwayssearching202
alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
I ordered the first part. As soon as it ships I will place an order for the second. I was a bit paranoid to purchase both together and have my order flagged. I'll share my experience as soon as I get shipping confirmation.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
Oh right, I hadn't got far enough in the process to see what countries they shipped to.

@sanctions, from the U.S, on the previous page said they were able to buy from the other website I mentioned. For some reason they advertise the two parts together as one adapter, but it won't let you buy that adapter. But if you go to the two parts separately, and add them to cart separately, you are able to purchase them. Then you can buy them and screw them together yourself.

"Transaction failed" when I try to order the parts.

GOD I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT!!!!!
I'M ABOUT TO JUST THROW MYSELF THROUGH A FUCKING WINDOW OR STAB MYSELF IN THE FUCKING THROAT!!!!
IT CAN'T BE AS GOD-DAMN FUCKING PAINFUL AS THIS FUCKING PROCESS!!!! I JUST WANT THE FUCK OUT!!! COME THE GOD DAMN FUCK ON!!!!!!!!!!

Is there ANY way to hook up CGA 580 to an INT regulator? Because clearly the DIN is not fucking happening for me.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023

GOD I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT!!!!!
I'M ABOUT TO JUST THROW MYSELF THROUGH A FUCKING WINDOW OR STAB MYSELF IN THE FUCKING THROAT!!!!
IT CAN'T BE AS GOD-DAMN FUCKING PAINFUL AS THIS FUCKING PROCESS!!!! I JUST WANT THE FUCK OUT!!! COME THE GOD DAMN FUCK ON!!!!!!!!!!

Is there ANY way to hook up CGA 580 to an INT regulator? Because clearly the DIN is not fucking happening for me.
Strange how you couldn't order the parts. Maybe try ordering them individually like @alwayssearching202 did?

I haven't come across any adapter for INT regulators. Everyone just recommended getting a DIN regulator package.

I noticed earlier in this thread that the poster @jacrispy used the adapter on the right of your picture. He used it with a bullet/bullnose cylinder connection, even though it's not a bullnose adapter. But because it's CGA580, it screwed into the cylinder connection. And he said it was tight. But I don't know if he did any leak test using soapy water, to ensure there was no leaks. His DIN regulator then screwed into the other end, the G5/8 21 mm diameter female side.

His cylinder:
Screenshot 20231228 135336

Adapter he bought:
Screenshot 20231228 122704

So this would be how his setup went together:

658d77bf8d57212231d81b8c

He said the adapter fitted tight into the cylinder:
Screenshot 20231228 1322212

But another poster, @befree wondered if it was fully airtight.

So, I guess you could try buying the adapter @jacrispy bought, if you have no luck buying the adapter elsewhere. (For others who might want to know, it's called a 'CGA580 to G5/8 cylinder adapter, external thread', and can be bought fairly cheap on certain Chinese shopping sites).
But you should probably do a leak test on the connection, if you do buy it.

The above adapter that @jacrispy bought is for U.S./CGA580 gas cylinders. In mainland Europe, the cylinder connection usually has an external thread, like this:
Screenshot 20231228 141632

So the adapter needed is a different type to the U.S. one; it will look like this:
Screenshot 20231228 141626 Screenshot 20231228 141622

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Strange how you couldn't order the parts. Maybe try ordering them individually like @alwayssearching202 did?
It seems to have worked. I received shipping confirmation overnight for the CGA 580 male to G1/4 male piece. I am going to order the other part today, but it seems to be the more accessible so hopefully there isn't a problem.

D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
Yeah, I am trying to order them separately. Won't work.

I tried my regular card and even a virtual card. Nothing. I always get "transaction failed".

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Yeah, I am trying to order them separately. Won't work.

I tried my regular card and even a virtual card. Nothing. I always get "transaction failed".
I'm not surprised the virtual card didn't work because the site seems to have rather robust security protocols. Can you call your regular card provider and ask if they see the declined transaction and ask them to mark the vendor as approved? I used a credit card for the first transaction and did not have any issue (but I travel internationally frequently so don't have a lot of security on my card). I ordered the second part today using a debit card and got the same error message you noted. Shortly thereafter I got a text message from my bank. As soon as I approved the transaction, I resubmit on the website and it worked. I hope this is helpful for you.

For future reference, I think both parts could be easily ordered in one transaction. This would be the most efficient way. Shipping costs are exorbitant!

In summary, the biggest barrier seems to be it being an obscure international site (for US buyers) that might get flagged by banks as fraud if the transaction is unordinary. This can be remedied by calling your bank/card provider and telling them you are taking a trip to France.

Last edited:
D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
I'm not surprised the virtual card didn't work because the site seems to have rather robust security protocols. Can you call your regular card provider and ask if they see the declined transaction and ask them to mark the vendor as approved? I used a credit card for the first transaction and did not have any issue (but I travel internationally frequently so don't have a lot of security on my card). I ordered the second part today using a debit card and got the same error message you noted. Shortly thereafter I got a text message from my bank. As soon as I approved the transaction, I resubmit on the website and it worked. I hope this is helpful for you.

For future reference, I think both parts could be easily ordered in one transaction. This would be the most efficient way. Shipping costs are exorbitant!

In summary, the biggest barrier seems to be it being an obscure international site (for US buyers) that might get flagged by banks as fraud if the transaction is unordinary. This can be remedied by calling your bank/card provider and telling them you are taking a trip to France.
Yeah, I'm gonna call the bank. Unfortunately now one of the parts is out of stock of course.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Yeah, I'm gonna call the bank. Unfortunately now one of the parts is out of stock of course.
Did you Google exactly as @Tears in Rain suggested? Both parts appear in stock for me. Are you shipping to the US?

D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
Did you Google exactly as @Tears in Rain suggested? Both parts appear in stock for me. Are you shipping to the US?

Weird, when I open it in private browsing it shows "in stock".

Yes, shipping to US.

EDIT: A few hours after the bank put in a request for approval, it worked. And I bought both parts in one transaction, btw.

Last edited:
D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
I am currently waiting for the adapter parts in the mail ("Adapter CGA 580 male to G1/4 male" and "Hose nozzle DIN300b female - G1/4 female").

Assuming this adapter fits the tank I have, can anyone confirm if "Ocean Reef Diving Mask Neptune Space G.divers OR025012 White S/M Small/Medium" will work? I can't find any info in the listing stating whether it's DIN or INT. I just want to get a mask and regulator without all that other stuff like in the kit.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Assuming this adapter fits the tank I have, can anyone confirm if "Ocean Reef Diving Mask Neptune Space G.divers OR025012 White S/M Small/Medium" will work? I can't find any info in the listing stating whether it's DIN or INT. I just want to get a mask and regulator without all that other stuff like in the kit.
I'm no SCUBA expert, but the setup needs two regulators, called 1st stage and 2nd stage regulators.

@befree recommended these two.

1) - OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Diving Mask Neptune Space G.divers
(each with integrated 2nd stage)
2) - OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector

So you mentioned the first one, which is the mask with the built-in 2nd stage regulator:
Screenshot 20231230 013357

But you still need the other regulator, the 1st stage regulator:
Screenshot 20231230 013401
It's the above regulator that's either DIN or INT. You need to get DIN, the one in the pic.

Last edited:
D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
I'm no SCUBA expert, but the setup needs two regulators. @befree recommended these two.

- OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Neptune Space G.divers each with integrated 2nd stage
- OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector

So you mentioned the first one, which is the mask with the built-in 2nd stage regulator:
View attachment 125691

But you still need the other regulator, the 1st stage regulator:
View attachment 125692
It's the above regulator that's either DIN or INT. You need to get DIN, the one in the pic.

Okay, got it. Thanks.

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
I am currently waiting for the adapter parts in the mail ("Adapter CGA 580 male to G1/4 male" and "Hose nozzle DIN300b female - G1/4 female").

I am so glad you were able to get the order to go through! The first part I ordered has an ETA of next Friday. I should have ordered both together and saved some $$$ but hope our experience helps others in the future.

Have you selected a date?
It's a regulator. It is necessary. If you're in the US, it needs to be a DIN regulator, not an INT regulator. Just make sure the listing says it's a DIN regulator.

Then all you need is a nitrogen cylinder, an adapter, and a heavy-duty wrench to tighten everything to the max so it doesn't leak anywhere.
Do you have any recommendations to prevent leaks after following all of the steps? To put it plainly, is there a 'gorilla glue' or 'duck tape' kind of option for inert gas connections? An extra safety to make sure the connections are robust? I've been unable to find anything on Google.

Last edited:
A

Antoine_Roquentin

Dec 17, 2023
Do you have any recommendations to prevent leaks after following all of the steps? To put it plainly, is there a 'gorilla glue' or 'duck tape' kind of option for inert gas connections? An extra safety to make sure the connections are robust? I've been unable to find anything on Google.
Afaik teflon tape is used for gas lines.

• Love
S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
New user. This is hopefully my method. I can sell my MacBook Pro for probably $1,000. Is that enough for all of the equipment? From what I'm gathering, I see the required items are

1) a full face mask (the Tecnomar Pegasus one of $50);
2) Cressi Compact MC9 Regulator Silver ($400)
3) 40 cubic foot nitrogen cylinder ($100)

But I also keep seeing something about an adapter? Doesn't the Cressi have the adapter included, or is this an additional item? I plan on driving to a secluded area, walking into the wood, put on my camoflauge jacket that looks like dead leaf foliage, lay down and exit. Hopefully nobody finds me for months. I really hate this world. All my fault though. Should have made better decision earlier in life. I cannot imagine living in this world more than a few more weeks.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Please, I really need to get out of here. Note I'm in the USA.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
New user. This is hopefully my method. I can sell my MacBook Pro for probably $1,000. Is that enough for all of the equipment? From what I'm gathering, I see the required items are

1) a full face mask (the Tecnomar Pegasus one of $50);
2) Cressi Compact MC9 Regulator Silver ($400)
3) 40 cubic foot nitrogen cylinder ($100)

But I also keep seeing something about an adapter? Doesn't the Cressi have the adapter included, or is this an additional item?

Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Please, I really need to get out of here. Note I'm in the USA.

Going by @befree's advice, you seem to have gotten the correct mask and regulator needed.
Required equipment

- 5 liters helium or nitrogen with a purity of at least 2.8 (99,8%) or higher

- cylinder adapter for connection to the regulator

- full face rubber diving mask (sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasus)
- diving regulator consisting of pressure reducer = 1st stage, hose and mouthpiece = 2nd stage (e.g. Cressi MC9 compact, as shown in the photos)

Improved version

Instead of the rubber mask and the regulator consisting of 1st and 2nd stage, you use:

---

View attachment 118748

View attachment 118750

View attachment 118751
Just make sure you get a DIN regulator, not an INT one.

But you still need an adapter. The adaptor that comes with it is designed for an air tank. The nitrogen cylinder has a different type of connection. There's no specific adapter for this. Some SCUBA stotes sell two parts that can be put together to make the adapter. See posts above on this page and on the previous page about the adapter needed. Three posters from the U.S had success in ordering the parts.

I plan on driving to a secluded area, walking into the wood, put on my camoflauge jacket that looks like dead leaf foliage, lay down and exit. Hopefully nobody finds me for months. I really hate this world. All my fault though. Should have made better decision earlier in life. I cannot imagine living in this world more than a few more weeks.

Heading into the woods? Why not! Yeah, there's a lot of us on this site in that situation,wishing we had made better decisions earlier in life - join the club!

R

Readytogohome

May 25, 2023
Yeah, there's a lot of us on this site in that situation,wishing we had made better decisions earlier in life - join the club!
I heard this funny saying, which is very true for me: "Only some of us can learn from the mistakes of other people. The rest of us have to BE the other people."

fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Jan 2, 2024
The name of the dealer was visible on the screenshot you posted. But I can confirm that this source is 100% reliable.
But you don´t have to order there, you can also order directly on the website of this dealer.
Pls could you PM it to me? I can't find one that's not for businesses only :(
Man idk if I can even use PMs I think you need a certain amount of posts

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023

Man idk if I can even use PMs I think you need a certain amount of posts
@befree is no longer on this site. If a person's name is crossed out, you can take it that they either ctb, left the site and moved on, or got banned.

I might as well put up the SCUBA UK adapter that I came across elsewhere recently, seeing as I posted stuff about the U.S. one above.

UK SCUBA adapter needed:
185480 Screenshot 20240103 233403

Full set-up:
185483 6595f1e560ddbaa6485c9728

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Adapter Needed in U.S., in simple description:
View attachment 125997
View attachment 125998
My adapters arrived. I cannot get them to fit together easily. Should this require wrenches? This is as much as they will connect using normal force. I understand wrenches to tighten but it is clear they will not easily screw together completely.

@dccxy Have yours arrived? Are you having the same issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    829.1 KB · Views: 0
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
My adapters arrived. I cannot get them to fit together easily. Should this require wrenches? This is as much as they will connect using normal force. I understand wrenches to tighten but it is clear they will not easily screw together completely.

Yeah, it's probably normal enough for parts like that not to be easily screwed together, given that they're used in SCUBA diving.(safety etc).

Edit: on closer inspection of the two parts, it's not a nut going between the two parts, one just screws into the other?
so an adjustable wrench, that I first recommended, may not be usable for tightening them( if the part that screws onto the thread, the one on the right of your image, is totally curved).

Try using a vice to hold the part:
Screenshot 20240107 175038

And use a vice grips to tighten:
Screenshot 20240107 175545
Or one or two vicegrips if you can't get access to a vice(one in each hand if it's too awkward to tighten it while holding the adapter in one hand).

That's if they are difficult to tighten.

@sanctions, on the previous page, also said they ordered them parts separately. They might let you know if they had difficulty putting them together.

Last edited:
oono

oono

Student
Aug 26, 2020
Hello,
I have a question about the leak testing method. When you have to press the purge button to do the test, is there a risk that too much gas will escape and that there will not be enough left for the rest?

alwayssearching202

alwayssearching202

Dec 6, 2023
Hello,
I have a question about the leak testing method. When you have to press the purge button to do the test, is there a risk that too much gas will escape and that there will not be enough left for the rest?
Definitely depends on the size of your tank. I absolutely plan to do leak tests, especially as I work through these connection challenges. There were some really helpful posts above to calculate the size of tank needed. It's my experience the US makes it easy to purchase the gas but in typical American fashion of metric vs imperial the tanks sold are very confusing. I've found half a dozen sites that will ship directly to my home, but none list anything more than tank in pounds (lbs).

Last edited:
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
SCUBA inert gas megathread

This thread was made only for the SCUBA method.
For other inert gas methods please use the other threads.

Since my post regarding the SCUBA method in another thread, there have been many questions regarding this method
in several threads and by PM. That´s why I made this megathread.

For some people this method may sound complicated, but it´s not. Basically, it is nothing more than using diving equipment
by replacing a diving gas cylinder with an inert gas cylinder by using an adapter.

In addition to using the rubber mask version, I would like to introduce another, more comfortable version of this method.

Both versions have been successfully used for suicide. Which version you prefer is your decision.

Guide for the rubber mask

Required equipment

- 5 liters helium or nitrogen with a purity of at least 2.8 (99,8%) or higher
- cylinder adapter for connection to the regulator
- full face rubber diving mask (sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasus)
- diving regulator consisting of pressure reducer = 1st stage, hose and mouthpiece = 2nd stage (e.g. Cressi MC9 compact, as shown in the photos)

Advantages of this method

No shortness of breath and no feeling of suffocation, as CO2 continues to be exhaled.

Inhalation of pure helium or nitrogen that is not enriched by exhaled breathing air (with oxygen and CO2).

No risk of failure due to uncontrolled movements during unconsciousness or slackening of the muscles and a resulting change in body position.

Helium and nitrogen are odorless and tasteless.

No danger to other persons due to escaping gas.

Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths).

Death occurs after approximately 3-5 minutes in painless unconsciousness.

Technical explanation

The pressure in a full 5 liters helium or nitrogen cylinder is approx. 200 bar.

The pressure reducer, which is connected to the gas cylinder, reduces the inhaled gas down to 9 bar.

The second part of the regulator, the mouthpiece, regulates the pressure further down. This allows you to breathe normally.

These pressure adjustments are automatic and do not require manual control.

The mouthpiece operates according to breathing demand. This means that gas only flows when breathing in. If there is no inhalation or exhalation
at all, the gas flow stops automatically and the exhaled breathing gas is led out of the 2nd stage of the regulator (mouthpiece) via a membrane.

As a result, the exhaled gases (CO2 + O2) are never mixed with the gas to be inhaled. This also reduces the amount of gas required, because gas does not flow permanently.

To connect the regulators pressure reducer to the helium or nitrogen cylinder, you need an adapter. The type of adapter depends on the gas used but also on the country.

Before you order the adapter, you have to decide which gas you want to use.

Adapters for EU and some other European countries (not for the UK):

adapter for helium:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread - helium W21.8 internal thread

adapter for nitrogen:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread

Procedure

First
connect the adapter tightly to the cylinder.

After that connect the pressure regulator tightly to the adapter.

To check if the pressure regulator is properly connected to the cylinder, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage while opening the cylinder. You will hear gas coming out of the mouthpiece. Then release the button. Check if you hear gas coming out of the adapter or pressure reducer.
If not, everything is ok.

Caution ! Never open the cylinder without the pressure reducer (1st stage) being connected to the cylinder !
Due to the high pressure, the cylinder could empty quickly or the remaining amount of gas might not be enough.

- If you don´t want to proceed now, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage again and close the cylinder tightly. Release the button.

- If you want to proceed follow these steps:

Try on the mask without the mouthpiece/2nd stage. If necessary, adjust the straps precisely. Check that the mask fits airtight by covering the mouth opening with your hand and inhale. If the mask sucks against the face, it is airtight.

Take off the mask.

Insert the breathing part with the mouthpiece into the mouth opening of the mask.

Sit down in a comfortable, safe position.

The following steps must be done quickly:

Take a deep breath and hold it.

Quickly put on the mask with the breathing part and put the mouthpiece in your mouth.

Continue breathing normally. You will be unconscious after a few breaths.

Another author of a smilar guide recommends to remove the mouthpiece. I don´t agree with this.
If you become unconscious, you could close your mouth. Nasal breathing is difficult with this mask. However, with the mouthpiece in the mouth,
you can still breathe.

Improved version

For both versions important to know: There are regulators with a DIN and INT connection 1st stage !

Usually in every EU country you can order an inert gas cylinder and adapter on the website of the dealers. Only in Switzerland, Austria and the UK it´s a bit more difficult but possible. Start with the gas cylinder and adapter first before buying the other equipment.

This guide is for your information only. I do not encourage you to use this guide and this method. You act on your own responsibility.
---

I generally don't recommend posting sources for inert gas or adapters on the forum anymore, because the authorities who read this forum might inform the dealers that their address is being shared on a suicide forum. The same thing could happen as with SN or N sources.

---

View attachment 118748

View attachment 118750

View attachment 118751

View attachment 118752
please share what type of adapter would be needed for a Nitrogen tank in the US

D

dccxy

Dec 4, 2023
Mine did arrive and I actually did have the same issue at first. But I screwed the adapter into the tank and from there, I was able to tighten the two adapter parts together more easily, as the tank was now holding the other end firmly in place. I also got my regulator which fit perfectly into the other end. Just waiting on my mask now.

I am wondering though, can someone point me to specific resources for both the leak test as well as the actual process for ctb? I know I read somewhere to use 15lpm flow but I swear there was a detailed post describing what to do both when you're testing and when you're ready. I thought I saved it but can't find it.