• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
SCUBA inert gas megathread

This thread was made only for the SCUBA method.
For other inert gas methods please use the other threads.

Since my post regarding the SCUBA method in another thread, there have been many questions regarding this method
in several threads and by PM. That´s why I made this megathread.

For some people this method may sound complicated, but it´s not. Basically, it is nothing more than using diving equipment
by replacing a diving gas cylinder with an inert gas cylinder by using an adapter.

In addition to using the rubber mask version, I would like to introduce another, more comfortable version of this method.

Both versions have been successfully used for suicide. Which version you prefer is your decision.

Guide for the rubber mask

Required equipment

- 5 liters helium or nitrogen with a purity of at least 2.8 (99,8%) or higher
- cylinder adapter for connection to the regulator
- full face rubber diving mask (sold with the brand names Poseidon and Pegasus)
- diving regulator consisting of pressure reducer = 1st stage, hose and mouthpiece = 2nd stage (e.g. Cressi MC9 compact, as shown in the photos)

Advantages of this method

No shortness of breath and no feeling of suffocation, as CO2 continues to be exhaled.

Inhalation of pure helium or nitrogen that is not enriched by exhaled breathing air (with oxygen and CO2).

No risk of failure due to uncontrolled movements during unconsciousness or slackening of the muscles and a resulting change in body position.

Helium and nitrogen are odorless and tasteless.

No danger to other persons due to escaping gas.

Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths).

Death occurs after approximately 3-5 minutes in painless unconsciousness.

Technical explanation

The pressure in a full 5 liters helium or nitrogen cylinder is approx. 200 bar.

The pressure reducer, which is connected to the gas cylinder, reduces the inhaled gas down to 9 bar.

The second part of the regulator, the mouthpiece, regulates the pressure further down. This allows you to breathe normally.

These pressure adjustments are automatic and do not require manual control.

The mouthpiece operates according to breathing demand. This means that gas only flows when breathing in. If there is no inhalation or exhalation
at all, the gas flow stops automatically and the exhaled breathing gas is led out of the 2nd stage of the regulator (mouthpiece) via a membrane.

As a result, the exhaled gases (CO2 + O2) are never mixed with the gas to be inhaled. This also reduces the amount of gas required, because gas does not flow permanently.

To connect the regulators pressure reducer to the helium or nitrogen cylinder, you need an adapter. The type of adapter depends on the gas used but also on the country.

Before you order the adapter, you have to decide which gas you want to use.

Adapters for EU and some other European countries (not for the UK):

adapter for helium:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread - helium W21.8 internal thread

adapter for nitrogen:

diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread

Procedure

First
connect the adapter tightly to the cylinder.

After that connect the pressure regulator tightly to the adapter.

To check if the pressure regulator is properly connected to the cylinder, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage while opening the cylinder. You will hear gas coming out of the mouthpiece. Then release the button. Check if you hear gas coming out of the adapter or pressure reducer.
If not, everything is ok.

Caution ! Never open the cylinder without the pressure reducer (1st stage) being connected to the cylinder !
Due to the high pressure, the cylinder could empty quickly or the remaining amount of gas might not be enough.

- If you don´t want to proceed now, press the button in the center of the 2nd stage again and close the cylinder tightly. Release the button.

- If you want to proceed follow these steps:

Try on the mask without the mouthpiece/2nd stage. If necessary, adjust the straps precisely. Check that the mask fits airtight by covering the mouth opening with your hand and inhale. If the mask sucks against the face, it is airtight.

Take off the mask.

Insert the breathing part with the mouthpiece into the mouth opening of the mask.

Sit down in a comfortable, safe position.

The following steps must be done quickly:

Take a deep breath and hold it.

Quickly put on the mask with the breathing part and put the mouthpiece in your mouth.

Continue breathing normally. You will be unconscious after a few breaths.

Another author of a smilar guide recommends to remove the mouthpiece. I don´t agree with this.
If you become unconscious, you could close your mouth. Nasal breathing is difficult with this mask. However, with the mouthpiece in the mouth,
you can still breathe.

Improved version

Instead of the rubber mask and the regulator consisting of 1st and 2nd stage, you use:

- OceanReef full face mask Neptune III (or Neptune III Basic) or OceanReef Neptune Space G.divers each with integrated 2nd stage

- OceanReef Neptune 1st stage SL-35/TX regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and connector

- and the right adapter for the inert gas cylinder in your country

For both versions important to know: There are regulators with a DIN and INT connection 1st stage !

Usually in every EU country you can order an inert gas cylinder and adapter on the website of the dealers. Only in Switzerland, Austria and the UK it´s a bit more difficult but possible. Start with the gas cylinder and adapter first before buying the other equipment.

This guide is for your information only. I do not encourage you to use this guide and this method. You act on your own responsibility.
---

I generally don't recommend posting sources for inert gas or adapters on the forum anymore, because the authorities who read this forum might inform the dealers that their address is being shared on a suicide forum. The same thing could happen as with SN or N sources.

---

Rubber mask with regulator Cressi MC9 compact

Rubber mask with mouthpiece and regulator

1st stage connected to the cylinder

1st stage with adapter

Last edited:
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
Thank you very much for this. I bought the same mask thant that before returning it, according to another user, the fact that the nose is blocked would make the CTB harder...what's your take on it?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
the fact that the nose is blocked would make the CTB harder...what's your take on it?
Nasel breathing is not impossible, but also not very comfortable. But this also depends on the size and shape of the head and nose.
I would definitely use the mouthpiece.

Last edited:
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
@befree so what would be the uk version of the "diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread"? Could you pm me? Thanks!

Reactions: DeadHead
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
@befree so what would be the uk version of the "diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread"? Could you pm me? Thanks!
according to another member from the UK who uses nitrogen:

FEMALE DIN 300 TO G5/8 UK MALE BULLNOSE ADAPTER TO BS 341 TYPE 3

The UK nitrogen cylinder has an internal thread (most other European countries external).

FEMALE DIN 300 TO G58 UK MALE BULLNOSE ADAPTER TO BS 341 TYPE 3

Last edited:
Reactions: hadenough58
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
What is the purity, 2.8 (99,8%) or higher ?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
what type of adapters do I need for this?
Without knowing the dimensions of the internal thread, it´s difficult to answer this question.
I'm in uk too and it seems suppliers will only send gas to trade addresses.
Another UK member went to a dealer and bought a nitrogen cylinder without any problems.

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
Without knowing the dimensions of the internal thread, it´s difficult to answer this question.

Another UK member went to a dealer and bought a nitrogen cylinder without any problems.
I'm about to go to the hardware store and ask
they said it's a CGA-580

they said it's a CGA-580
31BA47DF 5B34 437A A659 EDC8977C8E71
the adapter and regulator are where I'm getting confused

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
US thead sizes

CGA580 USA

Can you remove the blue plastic cap and show me how the thread looks inside ? Is it flat or round inside ?

If the information of the hardware store is right, I already found a source where you can order the adapter.
I won´t post it in the forum of course.

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Ok, as far as I can see it´s not round inside, but flat. Right ? And the brown thing in the middle must be a rubber seal.
99% is fine, as per Greenberg on the Mega Thread
I posted that link, because industrial grade can also mean only 90%.

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
Ok, as far as I can see it´s not round inside, but flat. Right ? And the brown thing in the middle must be a rubber seal.

I posted that link, because industrial grade can also mean only 90%.
yes I believe that's correct

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
According to your photos and the info of the hardware store the right adapter is shown on the right site of the photo I posted.

Adapter CGA580 flat head external thread to G5/8" internal thread.

I can send you a source. This makes it easy to buy a regulator. You can use a regulator with DIN connection.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Do you want to use the rubber mask or one of the OceanReef masks ? The OceanReef has an integrated 2nd stage.

Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Nasel breathing is not impossible, but also not very comfortable. But this also depends on the size and shape of the head and nose.
I would definitely use the mouthpiece.
What do you mean by mouthpiece in this case?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
What do you mean by mouthpiece in this case?
my photo #2. It´s the part you bite on (inserted into the mask).
If you can afford it, I would use the better OceanReef version.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Just to make one thing clear: For the SCUBA method you use only the epuipment listed above, nothing else !
Okay so you recommend to breathe through the mouth, right?
Yes, definitely. Or, as I said, use the better OceanReef option, that allows mouth and nasal breathing.

Minsu

Minsu

Jan 17, 2023
Maybe a nose plug/clip is necessary when one breathes through the mouth in that mask?

Minsu

Minsu

Jan 17, 2023
I was checking those stuff on google and they're a bit pricey.. But thanks for the megathread though

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
Do you want to use the rubber mask or one of the OceanReef masks ? The OceanReef has an integrated 2nd stage.
I bought the adapter you sent me, so all I'll need is to purchase this & everything is set, correct?
9D9FFD08 2663 4986 9029 47EA1DB2E19D