• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

oono

oono

Student
Aug 26, 2020
Looking for a nitrogen source in France. Please send me a PM. Do not post sources in the forum.

T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
I´m not talking about the thread connection of the regulator. I´m talking about the US adapter and the US nitrogen cylinder. I wish there would be one standard worldwide :-(
The original diving equipment post was very nicely described and very helpful. It is concenerning that it sounds like the US nitrogen tank connections are very different from the EU versions. It seems like everything depends on one little adapter piece now.
Would it be possible for someone to give adapter details or model numbers for US users please? Not asking for dealer names.
If we are in the US, is there a preference for buying a DIN or INT regulator for use with US nitrogen cylinders? I know for diving it's usuallt INT. Does it matter for ctb purposes?
If we were to buy a DIN-type regulator for use in the US, does that mean we could use the european-sized adapter piece? Im guessing no, but wanted to confirm.
Sorry for all the annoying questions! Thank you in advance, whoever may be able to answer. 🤍

Reactions: dccxy
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Would it be possible for someone to give adapter details or model numbers for US users please?
I already posted it, even a photo.
According to @jacrispy `s photos and the info of the hardware store the right adapter is shown on the right site of the photo I posted.

US dapter: CGA580 flat head external thread to G5/8" internal thread
for regulator with DIN connection

If we are in the US, is there a preference for buying a DIN or INT regulator for use with US nitrogen cylinders? I know for diving it's usuallt INT. Does it matter for ctb purposes?
For the above posted US-adapter you can only use the DIN regulator.
If we were to buy a DIN-type regulator for use in the US, does that mean we could use the european-sized adapter piece?
No. For the DIN regulator you need the above posted US adapter.
Im guessing no, but wanted to confirm.
Sorry for all the annoying questions! Thank you in advance, whoever may be able to answer. 🤍
That´s what I made this thread for. Better ask questions before you order things.

OceanReef DIN connection

CGA580 USA

Last edited:
Reactions: ThisUnrest
C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
Hello everyone, was wondering if this regulator would work for this method? Cressi Intense Use Scuba Diving Regulator | Piston 1st Stage, Compact 2nd AC2/Compact. I am not readily able to get the MC9 where I am and I am trying to speedrun this (trying to get and do it by wednesday/thursday). If you guys have other regulator rec's if this doesnt work it would be greatly appreciated (My budget for regulators is around 300)

OK so realized an INT regulator wouldnt work so I changed it to a Platanic A101 DIN regulator, now for the adapter I would go with this right: Adaptor CGA-580-346

Last edited:
RavaLion

RavaLion

May 25, 2023
Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths).

I have a question regarding breathing with your mouth vs breathing with your nose using SCUBA mask Inert Gas method.

Is the idea behind this method that once you become unconscious you no longer take breaths and are no longer taking the gas in?

If that is NOT the case and you are meant to continue inhaling the gas while you're already out, the natural way you breathe in is through the nose, in a SCUBA method the breathing apparatus is attached to your mouth, how can you be certain that you're taking Nitrogen in after you pass out.

Wouldn't SCBA be a better mask for this method for the reason that it allows both mouth and nasal breathing as opposed to SCUBA set up?

Reactions: kudaphillips
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Breathing is autonomous. You do not decide if you want to breathe when you are unconscious. The body does this alone to keep you alive.
But by inhaling an inert gas instead of normal breathing air, the brain is turned off and as a result all other functions are turned off as well.

But what can happen is that when you're unconscious, you close your mouth and you can't breathe through your mouth. When using the OceanReef mask, this is not a problem, because you continue to breathe through the mouth. But with the rubber mask, nasal breathing is difficult or even impossible. Therefore, when using the version with the rubber mask, I strongly recommend to use the mouthpiece you bite on !
Both methods, the SCBA and the SCUBA method by using the OceanReef mask allow nasal breathing.
If I would decide to CTB I would definitely use the SCUBA OceanReef equipment. It offers a lot more comfort and safety.

Some members say, but the OceanReef version costs more. There are more expensive or equally expensive options to die. And you can't take money to your grave.
Hello everyone, was wondering if this regulator would work for this method? Cressi Intense Use Scuba Diving Regulator | Piston 1st Stage, Compact 2nd AC2/Compact. I am not readily able to get the MC9 where I am and I am trying to speedrun this (trying to get and do it by wednesday/thursday). If you guys have other regulator rec's if this doesnt work it would be greatly appreciated (My budget for regulators is around 300)

OK so realized an INT regulator wouldnt work so I changed it to a Platanic A101 DIN regulator, now for the adapter I would go with this right: Adaptor CGA-580-346
No, you can´t use the
Cressi Intense Use Scuba Diving Regulator | Piston 1st Stage, Compact 2nd AC2/Compact
because it has a INT connection. For the US-adapter you need a regulator with DIN connection. It doesn´t have to be the Cressi MC9 compact.
It can also be another Cressi regulator or Scubapro regulator with DIN connection.

Last edited:
Nadrealista

Nadrealista

Jul 13, 2023
Breathing is autonomous. You do not decide if you want to breathe when you are unconscious. The body does this alone to keep you alive.
But by inhaling an inert gas instead of normal breathing air, the brain is turned off and as a result all other functions are turned off as well.

But what can happen is that when you're unconscious, you close your mouth and you can't breathe through your mouth. When using the OceanReef mask, this is not a problem, because you continue to breathe through the mouth. But with the rubber mask, nasal breathing is difficult or even impossible. Therefore, when using the version with the rubber mask, I strongly recommend to use the mouthpiece you bite on !
Both methods, the SCBA and the SCUBA method by using the OceanReef mask allow nasal breathing.
If I would decide to CTB I would definitely use the SCUBA OceanReef equipment. It offers a lot more comfort and safety.

Some members say, but the OceanReef version costs more. There are more expensive or equally expensive options to die. And you can't take money to your grave.

No, you can´t use the

because it has a INT connection. For the US-adapter you need a regulator with DIN connection. It doesn´t have to be the Cressi MC9 compact.
It can also be another Cressi regulator or Scubapro regulator with DIN connection.
Thank you so much for the message/post on the Scuba guide. I'm sorry I didn't say thank you. I've only just logged in and seen the guide. I was away for a while due to personal issues. Again, thank you for having taken the time to send me that guide. Hope you can forgive me 🙏

RavaLion

RavaLion

May 25, 2023
Have you ever used a SCUBA mask to take breaths with your mouth. Your literally have to bite on the regulator mouthpiece and deeply pull/inhale the oxygen in. You are right, when you pass out and become unconscious, you do not decide to breathe, breathing is autonomous, it automatically happens.

However, when I took a first aid class, they thought us when someone has fainted and is unresponsive, the first things to check for are breathing and for pulse. The way you check for breathing is put your ear to their nose while looking down towards their chest. You should be able to hear them breathing and feeling the exhaling of air in your ear as well looking to see if their chest/lungs are expanding (moving up and down, you can also place a hand on their chest to help you gauge if their chest is moving up/down).

This video of British Red Cross first aid illustrates what I described with the ear to the nose (@ 00:35 & 1:15) -

One thing you never see an unconscious/unresponsive person do, is attempt deep inhales to attempt to breathe, and especially through the mouth.

My point is, SCUBA mask breathing is not a natural way to breathe. An unconscious person breathes in the most natural way, which is for most people through the nose, and certainly not in a labored pulling (deep inhalation) motion required for a regulator.

You are saying the OceanReef Mask you have chosen for yourself allows for nasal breathing, which I believe should be an important consideration when going with this method. So if Nasal breathing is in an important factor, I don't see how SCUBA is better than SCBA.

All SCBA masks allow for nasal breathing and you don't have to bite down on a mouthpiece to breathe with the mouth as you would with SCUBA equipment, which again you have to question your unconscious body's ability to remain biting down on the mouthpiece.

Can I ask why you consider SCUBA OceanReef Mask as the better equipment for this method over SCBA equipment?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Can I ask why you consider SCUBA OceanReef Mask as the better equipment for this method over SCBA equipment?
It's better available. The adapter needed for SCBA is not in stock anymore and might never be in stock again. I think that's the biggest issue with SCBA at the moment.
Why would it be a problem if you can't breath when you're unconsciousness?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Have you ever used a SCUBA mask to take breaths with your mouth. Your literally have to bite on the regulator mouthpiece and deeply pull/inhale the oxygen in. You are right, when you pass out and become unconscious, you do not decide to breathe, breathing is autonomous, it automatically happens.

However, when I took a first aid class, they thought us when someone has fainted and is unresponsive, the first things to check for are breathing and for pulse. The way you check for breathing is put your ear to their nose while looking down towards their chest. You should be able to hear them breathing and feeling the exhaling of air in your ear as well looking to see if their chest/lungs are expanding (moving up and down, you can also place a hand on their chest to help you gauge if their chest is moving up/down).

This video of British Red Cross first aid illustrates what I described with the ear to the nose (@ 00:35 & 1:15) -

One thing you never see an unconscious/unresponsive person do, is attempt deep inhales to attempt to breathe, and especially through the mouth.

My point is, SCUBA mask breathing is not a natural way to breathe. An unconscious person breathes in the most natural way, which is for most people through the nose, and certainly not in a labored pulling (deep inhalation) motion required for a regulator.

You are saying the OceanReef Mask you have chosen for yourself allows for nasal breathing, which I believe should be an important consideration when going with this method. So if Nasal breathing is in an important factor, I don't see how SCUBA is better than SCBA.

All SCBA masks allow for nasal breathing and you don't have to bite down on a mouthpiece to breathe with the mouth as you would with SCUBA equipment, which again you have to question your unconscious body's ability to remain biting down on the mouthpiece.

I never said the SCUBA method is better than the SCBA method. Both work similar. The SCUBA equipment is easier to get in most countries.
Both SCUBA options (rubber mask and OceanReef) have been used successfully. But if I would decide to CTB I would choose the OceanReef equipment.

firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
Hello guys. I want to buy this Nitrogen bottle but I don't know which adaptor I need so I can connect it to the Cressi MC9.

The description is -> W24,32x1/14" DIN 477

Does it match with the diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread ?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
The adapter needed for SCBA is not in stock anymore and might never be in stock again.
For this reason again to everyone:
Please do not post sources for the SCUBA equipment. There are not many dealers that sell the adapters.
But it may also happen that it could become more difficult to buy inert gas. Possible reasons are that authorities read this forum and that more is reported about inert gas because of its use in executions and for the Sarco.
which adaptor I need so I can connect it to the Cressi MC9.

The description is -> W24,32x1/14" DIN 477

Does it match with the diving cylinder G 5/8" internal thread – nitrogen W24 internal thread ?
Yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoFutureAnymore
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
  • Low stock level
  • Delivery time: 2 - 6 Workdays (DE - int. shipments may differ)
Good to see that it's not banned and that we have some options. But I think I will still stick to SCUBA. Another advantage is that you don't loose to much nitrogen in case of a black out test which I'm planning to do. SCBA keeps flowing when you're unconsciousness.

Reactions: Das Nichts
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
my adapter and kit came. I believe I have everything hooked up correctly. any suggestions or info I am missing out on would be appreciated
Looks good, maybe you can use some leak detection spray from the construction store to test for leakages?
Did you also check, that the hose is connected to the low pressure port?
Maybe @befree has some more suggestions.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Looks great. And you even got a rubber seal for the gas cylinder 👍

A leak detection spray would be good, but you can also mix some water with dishwashing detergent.

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
Looks good, maybe you can use some leak detection spray from the construction store to test for leakages?
Did you also check, that the hose is connected to the low pressure port?
Maybe @befree has some more suggestions.
it looks as tight as can be. I just got it and am still figuring out the low pressure port. had to find a YouTube video and in it there seems to be another hose that connects. I'm still very new to this and just want to make sure everything is properly connected and all the necessary hoses are attached. the SCUBA kit is very intricate. it also says it includes the primary 2nd stage which I'm confused about. does that mean I have to attach one of the other hoses to the mask on top of the yellow one that connects to the mouthpiece? C02C925C CA0D 4458 91C4 FC26FD8FA8DB

A leak detection spray would be good, but you can also mix some water with dishwashing detergent.
it came with the adapter you suggested, so if anyone else asks they don't need to worry about finding one

Last edited:
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Is that really necessary or is the seal on the diving part enough?
I saw a spray on the website of the construction store with really good reviews. So I bought it for just a few euros.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I´m not sure if some of the previous posts about the adapter disappeared because of the server problem.
If someone ia really interested in this method I suggest to copy and safe everything.
Is that really necessary or is the seal on the diving part enough?
I think a leak test should answer this question. Maybe it´s safer to have two seals.
does that mean I have to attach one of the other hoses to the mask on top of the yellow one that connects to the mouthpiece?
There are 2 hoses in the kit ? I uploaded the instruction manual but it looks like it disappeared because of the server problem.

Last edited:
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
There are 2 hoses in the kit ? I uploaded the instruction manual but it looks like it disappeared because of the server problem.
FC5AFD7A 2A2B 4795 9600 06E6D66C6728
the video I watched on YouTube had this connected. the black hose is a low pressure hose

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
See page 4 of the manual.

You can also connect the pressure meter to an HP port so that you can see how full your tank still is.
thank you. I haven't used the tank at all so it's still completely full. looks like everything from what you've said indicates it's ready to go

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Hello. Firstly let me say thank you so much for all the research in this megathread.

As per the forum guidelines, I don't want to talk about gas sources on the public forum.

But just in general, does anyone know about UK situation? I'm also thinking of travelling to Spain if that makes it easier because I know it's popular for diving. But I need help about the address, not sure how it's possible to ship to like an Airbnb short stay.

I really want to catch the bus so bad so any support will be so kind of you.

Really suffering at the moment.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
travelling to Spain if that makes it easier because I know it's popular for diving.
The diving equipment is not the problem. The biggest problem in some countries is to find inert gas.
If you want to travel to Spain, you can already look for gas suppliers now. Use google.es or the spanish yellow pages. It would be best to use the spanish words: helium = Helio and nitrogen = Nitrógeno.

Last edited:
chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
The diving equipment is not the problem. The biggest problem in some countries is to find inert gas.
If you want to travel to Spain, you can already look for gas suppliers now. Use google.es or the spanish yellow pages. It would be best to use the spanish words: helium = Helio and nitrogen = Nitrógeno.

Thank you. I have a UK passport so most countries are easy to travel to. Is it possible to DM me maybe a country suggestion for the gas or any supplier suggestions? Thank you!

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
If you want to travel to Spain anyway, I would first look there (google.es, yellow pages...etc).. But first you also have to decide which equipment you want to use, the rubber mask or the OceanReef equipment. OceanReef is made in Italy, also Cressi and Scubapro. Usually masks and regulators are cheaper in Italy. But of course you can also order everything. But you would have to pay import tax and duty in the UK.

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
If you want to travel to Spain anyway, I would first look there (google.es, yellow pages...etc).. But first you also have to decide which equipment you want to use, the rubber mask or the OceanReef equipment. OceanReef is made in Italy, also Cressi and Scubapro. Usually masks and regulators are cheaper in Italy. But of course you can also order everything. But you would have to pay import tax and duty in the UK.

Okay some good news. I've been researching gas suppliers for the last 12 hours in many countries in the EU and Asia.

I'm now thinking because of my situation (UK passport and can travel) that a good choice might be for me to do this in Ireland.

I've got three reasons for this.

1. I only speak English, and that's fine in Ireland (Spain is a big issue as I don't speak Spanish).
  2. I read on other threads that getting gas in the UK to a residential address is not possible.
  3. I also found some suppliers for nitrogen in Ireland (there doesn't seem to be many but it's on Google).

So here's my next question. How does this plan sound?
Go to Ireland, rent a place and try to get the nitrogen delivered

Do you think they will supply to a residential address? (As per forum rules I won't post or discuss any specific supplier).

Sorry for this question, but I think this is the most important issue with the Scuba method.

I feel from the research that the other components (mask, regulator, adapter) can be found as long as you have the money, but the gas is another story due to safety reasons.

So right now my main focus is the nitrogen gas supplier.

Any ideas about how likely it is the Irish suppliers will send to residential?

I really want to do this and I'm not giving up unless it's just too hard.

Trying my best and really appreciate the research help.

Thank so much!

S

solidm

May 25, 2023
This is great, thank you. I have located where I can get a tank of nitrogen. I'll look for a retail location for the diving mask. Probably order the adapter online. But then, find a place. Which is always the hard part for me.

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I have no info about gas dealers in Ireland. Before you go there find out the technical details about the gas cylinder.
I assume you are planning to CTB in the other country. You can't take a gas cylinder on the plane.
I wouldn´t worry too much about the language. Almost everyone speaks English in all European countries.