• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
With the hood is it important to strap hands/body? How much does the body actually move? Enough to tug on the hose and drop the cylinder? Is that the concern?

Reactions: FreeSpirit1Love
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
With the hood is it important to strap hands/body? How much does the body actually move? Enough to tug on the hose and drop the cylinder? Is that the concern?
The cylinder can be laid down, doesn't have to be standing, its under a lot of pressure no matter what position its in, flow won't be interrupted--Just make sure you have a long enough hose

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
The cylinder can be laid down, doesn't have to be standing, its under a lot of pressure no matter what position its in, flow won't be interrupted--Just make sure you have a long enough hose
Do you have any sources for this? what are you basing this on? So far everything I've seen online says to store the cylinder upright.

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
All the effort & expense involved with this just makes me hope the R2D ReBreather III works as designed. (less than $400 total)

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Its not necessary. Your body will naturally move when you becomes unconscious but the movements are very minor - not enough to dislodge the equipment or rip of the bag/hood/mask off your face.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Do you have any sources for this? what are you basing this on? So far everything I've seen online says to store the cylinder upright.
Ok, so leave it up, put it in a corner, just reinforce it with lots of cushions or whatever else you need, main thing is to have a long hose

Reactions: Das Nichts
I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
I have the complete setup and turned on the nitrogen at 20l/m and after about two minutes the oxygen meter stabilized at about 3%.

I checked all the connections with fluid and didn't see any bubbles/leakes.

Any ideas what's going on?

This is the oxygen meter I used:
Amazon product ASIN B0BGXP6CS8
I suspect the oxygen meter is off, though it has 4.4 on amazon with tons of reviews.

Anyone has a link to a reliable tested oxygen meter?

The hood supplier also seems very solid with many positive reviews on alibaba.

Also, is 3% oxygen low enough for successful CTB?

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
I have the complete setup and turned on the nitrogen at 20l/m and after about two minutes the oxygen meter stabilized at about 3%.

I checked all the connections with fluid and didn't see any bubbles/leakes.

Any ideas what's going on?

This is the oxygen meter I used:
Amazon product ASIN B0BGXP6CS8
Couple things:

1) How exactly did you test this? Did you put the oxygen meter in an enclosed bag/hood full of nitrogen or did you simply put it next to the cylinder's valve while the gas was on? Depending on your answer, you'll get 2 very different results (second one is wrong)

2) Whats the purity of your nitrogen gas?

Anyone has a link to a reliable tested oxygen meter?
The one from PPH & PPeH works pretty good coz it measures O2% directly out of the cylinder (less chance for leaks)
Also, is 3% oxygen low enough for successful CTB?
PPH/PPeH says Oxygen concentration must be <=2%

Last edited:
I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
I tested like the OP, connected the cylinder with a hose to the hood and put the meter inside the hood over a dummy head.

N2 purity is 99.99.

The one from PPH & PPeH works pretty good coz it measures O2% directly out of the cylinder (less chance for leaks)
What do you mean directly out of the cylinder? How is that useful? I need to 02% in the hood to be <=2%. Also I don't see any mention for O2 meter in PPH

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
How is that useful? I need to 02% in the hood to be <=2%.
Because i suspected your nitrogen wasnt pure enough. Now that you said its 99.99, my best guesss is there's a leak somewhere otherwise it would be 0. It could also be you o2 meter but that seems less likely

Also I don't see any mention for O2 meter in PPH
its under checking oxygen purity section.

Reactions: Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
What do you mean directly out of the cylinder? How is that useful? I need to 02% in the hood to be <=2%. Also I don't see any mention for O2 meter in PPH
It has an input, so you can directly connect it to the regulator. PPEH has the model and there is a youtube video available that shows basic usage.

Last edited:
I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
I don't find any leaks. The hood comes out of the bag with a hose connected to it, so all I checked is the connection between the hose and the flow meter coming out of the cylinder. Everything seems fine.

In anyway, I'm able to achieve <1% 02 by using 30L/m, and that would last me for 40 minutes. I should be good to go right?

Last edited:
X

x0nSS

Aug 11, 2023
I am check ali.ba.ba for eebd hood. I see hood like pic. anyone know if delivery to usa would have problem with oxygen tank. few sellers so i dont know whick pick.

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
Vizzy is my hero, thank you so much, wherever you might be now...
After reading so many megathreads now, I guess this is the way to go, the best option (besides N, but... you know...)
But actually, even N seems to have more risks now than this method here. Sadly, I read about a few people, who had issues to find any leaks and couldnt find a solution to get the oxygen below 2%. I guess you have to be very lucky... Getting the cylinder with nitrogen seems to be the most difficult part, since it needs to be at least 2.5 purity.

A few questions... To lower the risk of leaks, I would prefer to stay with the short hose from the hood, but I see, that there might be a risk for the cylinder to fall down, ripping off a hose or something like that. It is also said in one video, that the cylinder should stand so that the flowmeter works properly. Did I get that right?
You want to make sure that your moving buddy doesnt f**k up the process, in case you should move during getting inconscious. Vizzy recommended this chair and wrists to stabilize the body. I would like to CTB while lying, so I wont need the chair and the wrists, right?

Vizzys photos of the test procedure showed the hood being not enclosed. You can see the oxymeter inside the hood, which is open down below. Does that mean, that the effect is strong enough, so you dont have to wrap the open part of the hood? Or is it necessary to also enclose that part by tapes to your own body?

Last question: You get the 15-20 lpm by using the flowmeter, right? I never used one before, so Iam afraid I could mess this up. You turn the valve and the meter tells you if its 20 lpm? I couldn't see it on the photos, but I might be too stupid to use my eyes properly ;D

Thanks again to everyone.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Vizzy is my hero, thank you so much, wherever you might be now...
After reading so many megathreads now, I guess this is the way to go, the best option (besides N, but... you know...)
But actually, even N seems to have more risks now than this method here. Sadly, I read about a few people, who had issues to find any leaks and couldnt find a solution to get the oxygen below 2%. I guess you have to be very lucky... Getting the cylinder with nitrogen seems to be the most difficult part, since it needs to be at least 2.5 purity.

A few questions... To lower the risk of leaks, I would prefer to stay with the short hose from the hood, but I see, that there might be a risk for the cylinder to fall down, ripping off a hose or something like that. It is also said in one video, that the cylinder should stand so that the flowmeter works properly. Did I get that right?
You want to make sure that your moving buddy doesnt f**k up the process, in case you should move during getting inconscious. Vizzy recommended this chair and wrists to stabilize the body. I would like to CTB while lying, so I wont need the chair and the wrists, right?

Vizzys photos of the test procedure showed the hood being not enclosed. You can see the oxymeter inside the hood, which is open down below. Does that mean, that the effect is strong enough, so you dont have to wrap the open part of the hood? Or is it necessary to also enclose that part by tapes to your own body?

Last question: You get the 15-20 lpm by using the flowmeter, right? I never used one before, so Iam afraid I could mess this up. You turn the valve and the meter tells you if its 20 lpm? I couldn't see it on the photos, but I might be too stupid to use my eyes properly ;D

Thanks again to everyone.
You should use a longer hose if you're going to lie down, the EEBD hood is tightly enclosed around the neck, it will never come off accidentally, and its best to get a 'click' flowmeter that is already attached to the nitrogen regulator--When you turn the tank on, no nitrogen will get to the hood until you turn the click flowmeter to the LPM number you want

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
Thanks for answering! :)

Is there a specific name for a "click"-flowmeter or is that actually its name?
Could you please explain me, how to use the regulator Vizzy posted here to get it to 20 lpm? Which display is it? Which valve do I have to turn to get it increased?

Sorry, its ok if you laugh or find my question ridiculous. As I said, I have never used something like this. Of course I can assume how to do it because of how logic it is to me, but... I don't want to do anything wrong. everything has to be perfect as possible. So please bear with my stupid question.

English is not my mothers tongue. But I'll do my best.

171046 IMG 0157

S

swinkie34@googlemail

Sep 28, 2020
Can you have the hood alreadt pulled down before you switch on the nitrogen please or do you need to put it on your forehead and pull it down?

It's the pulling down that bothers me

Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
Screenshot 20230927 182016 AliExpress
I'm looking to purchase this Air meter from Aliexpress, after searching for oxygen meter this one came up.
It measures CO2 level among others but not Oxygen level.
Can i use this for my test ? and if yes then >
How can i calculate the level of oxygen in the air using this device? is there a formula for it? Please advise.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Can you have the hood alreadt pulled down before you switch on the nitrogen please or do you need to put it on your forehead and pull it down?

It's the pulling down that bothers me
Technically you dont have to prefill the hood but it'll take much longer to lose consciousness & you may feel symptoms of hypoxia

@Shiva_Story you cant measure oxygen purity with a co2 meter. Read the PPH & use the oxygen meter that they show

Reactions: Shiva_Story
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
Is there a specific name for a "click"-flowmeter or is that actually its name?
Could you please explain me, how to use the regulator Vizzy posted here to get it to 20 lpm? Which display is it? Which valve do I have to turn to get it increased?

View attachment 119975
Nitrogen Click-style regulator is one type of regulator.
Another type is regulator with (floating ball) flowmeter (the one in the pic).

The LPM display is the one on the very left hand side, that's marked vertically from 1-25 LPM.
You first let the gas in from the cylinder. I presume that black knob with on/off on it controls the LPM.

Last edited:
Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
Nitrogen Click-style regulator is one type of regulator.
Another type is regulator with (floating ball) flowmeter (the one in the pic).

The LPM display is the one on the very left hand side, that's marked vertically from 1-25 LPM.
You first let the gas in from the cylinder. I presume that black knob with on/off on it controls the LPM.
You are one of the few users that answer my questions and Iam very thankful for that. :) I really appreciate your answer.
Just one question: When I let the gas in, I guess that the upper display will be affected, right? Does the needle have to be located in the green marked area between 1400 til 2100? So first the valve at the cylinder, then the knob for the LPM?

Thanks a lot my friend!

F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
You are one of the few users that answer my questions and Iam very thankful for that. :) I really appreciate your answer.
Just one question: When I let the gas in, I guess that the upper display will be affected, right? Does the needle have to be located in the green marked area between 1400 til 2100? So first the valve at the cylinder, then the knob for the LPM?

Thanks a lot my friend!

The other guage measures pressure in bar and pounds per square inch (p.s.i. ). I wouldn't be too worried about that guage.

Just turn the black LPM knob to off/closed. Then turn the cylinder valve to let in the gas. Then adjust/turn the black knob to set the LPM that you want.

Alessa

Alessa

Student
Nov 4, 2019
That
The other guage measures pressure in bar and pounds per square inch (p.s.i. ). I wouldn't be too worried about that guage.

Just turn the black LPM knob to off/closed. Then turn the cylinder valve to let in the gas. Then adjust/turn the black knob to set the LPM that you want.
Again, thank you a thousand times! That means much to me. :)

Reactions: Tears in Rain
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Thanks for the guide, but it seems very difficult

Reactions: Ninja_Master
FreeSpirit1Love

FreeSpirit1Love

Navigating the storm to my final port
Jul 27, 2023
Does anyone know if this hood is okay to use for a US setup? I'm worried about the brown marks on it and the size connector. I ordered it from India and am thinking I should send it back. Any thoughts? If it will work, I also need to know what size hose(s) to order. My process still needs more refining and tips are most welcome.
Here's my checklist, so far:

Need:
  • Nitrogen gas cylinder (2 L, 400 compressed L, 40 cubic ft)
  • Extension air hose (has to match the hood hose inner and outer diameters)
  • Hose ferrule crimping tool (professional connection)
  • Hose clamps (caveman way connection)
  • 1/4' barb Adapter with matching ferrule
  • Water sprayer with soap water (not sure what this is for, but it was recommended)
  • Teflon tape (is this to secure the connections? Like plumber's tape? If so, I did order gas thread tape)
Have:
  • Regulator with flowmeter (CGA 580 & CGA 320)
  • Wrist and body straps
  • Recliner chair
  • Wrench
  • EEBD hood (pictured below)

Mask1 Mask9 Mask2 Mask3 Mask6 Mask4 Mask7 Mask8

Last edited:
F

Falling Slowly

-
Sep 9, 2023
Does anyone know if this hood is okay to use for a US setup? I'm worried about the brown marks on it and the size connector. I ordered it from India and am thinking I should send it back. Any thoughts? If it will work, I also need to know what size hose(s) to order. My process still needs more refining and tips are most welcome.
Here's my checklist, so far:

Need:
  • Nitrogen gas cylinder (2 L, 400 compressed L, 40 cubic ft)
  • Extension air hose (has to match the hood hose inner and outer diameters)
  • Hose ferrule crimping tool (professional connection)
  • Hose clamps (caveman way connection)
  • 1/4' barb Adapter with matching ferrule
  • Water sprayer with soap water (not sure what this is for, but it was recommended)
  • Teflon tape (is this to secure the connections? Like plumber's tape? If so, I did order gas thread tape)
Have:
  • Regulator with flowmeter (CGA 580 & CGA 320)
  • Wrist and body straps
  • Recliner chair
  • Wrench
  • EEBD hood (pictured below)

View attachment 120966View attachment 120974View attachment 120967View attachment 120968View attachment 120971View attachment 120969View attachment 120972View attachment 120973

Your hood looks well worn, but as long as it's not torn or anything, it might be ok. Up to yourself If you'd prefer a newer, less worn one.

How long is the hose on that hood? The hose you're measuring with the ruler looks like it has an unusual end connection. is that hose going to the valve that you breathe in from, on the inside of the hood? On other Eebd hoods I've seen, the hose attaches to the valve on the outside of the hood.

If you're going doing what @Vizzy did at the start of this thread, and are attaching the hose directly to a regulator barb (see barb pic below), then you have the 2 options he mentions:
If the hose from the hood is long enough, cut the end connection on the hose, and attach the hose directly to the regulator barb with a hose clamp. Just make sure it is a tightly sealed connection ( spray the soapy water onto the connection to make sure there's no air bubbles when you get the nitrogen).

If the hose isn't long enough, you'll have to extend the hose like @Vizzy did, with a similar diameter hose to the hood hose. Then connect the extended hose directly to the regulator barb.

Screenshot 20231007 001055

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Does anyone know if this hood is okay to use for a US setup? I'm worried about the brown marks on it and the size connector. I ordered it from India and am thinking I should send it back.
Why didn't you buy Vizzy's hood?
Hose ferrule crimping tool (professional connection)
matching ferrule
What Vizzy did with that was really overkill and that's exactly why people are afraid to modify the hood's hose,you can easily connect two hoses like this, that's what @k1w1 did.(For ease of use, preferably use a hose clamp with butterfly handle.)
Teflon tape (is this to secure the connections? Like plumber's tape? If so, I did order gas thread tape)
You don't need that,that's for the Drager PSS rescue hood or 3M Scott setup in the US(I don't recommend the Drager PSS rescue hood anymore).

Last edited:
FreeSpirit1Love

FreeSpirit1Love

Navigating the storm to my final port
Jul 27, 2023
Why didn't you buy Vizzy's hood?

What Vizzy did with that was really overkill and that's exactly why people are afraid to modify the hood's hose,you can easily connect two hoses like this, that's what @k1w1 did.(For ease of use, preferably use a hose clamp with butterfly handle.)

You don't need that,that's for the Drager PSS rescue hood or 3M Scott setup in the US(I don't recommend the Drager PSS rescue hood anymore).
About reg,buy the ACU-200 reg.
:pfff: <---yup, laughs and cries at the same time. So appropriate. I bought the regulator recommended in the PPH and the PSS rescue hood. I'm really just buying what I can find. The easy-to-find Drager hood posts in a US web browser search are over $500 or used (or "refurbished") from India (like the one I shared the pictures of). PMs with advice are welcome.

I'm thinking of just using the rescue hood like an exit bag. At least it has built-in ventilation. I think...

See why I want to escape? :pfff: My life has pretty much gone as smoothly as this seems to be going. :pfff:

Oh well, at least I have you peeps to muddle along to the bus with. That's not too shabby. :hug: So grateful for all of you.

M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
I'd like to hear if anyone has this EEBD draeger hood and can confirm whether there is working exhaust valve or not.
Mine has not, as shown.

I just had a email exchange with draeger, they refuse to answer my questions because i bought the hoods (2), from a private seller.
It looks like the object where i expected a exhalation valve, is a placeholder.
I managed to lift the outside part a bit and there is definitely no membrane, just a immovable hard plastic part.
I presume this hood is meant to expel the spent air trough the small gap at the neck.

C

ClownWorld2023

Specialist
Sep 18, 2023
I bought the regulator recommended in the PPH and the PSS rescue hood. I'm really just buying what I can find. The easy-to-find Drager hood posts in a US web browser search are over $500 or used (or "refurbished") from India (like the one I shared the pictures of). PMs with advice are welcome.

The Dräger hood was recommended, but just recently we found out it may not have an exhalation valve at all.
I'd like to hear if anyone has this EEBD draeger hood

I think @FreeSpirit1Love has one too. He said above that he does.