Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
I was wondering how that was supposed to work. It didn't look like there was a way to clip anything onto the device. Would you mind taking pictures when you have everything set? I understand if that's asking too much while you're preparing.

Reactions: Deathisbetter
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
I was wondering how that was supposed to work. It didn't look like there was a way to clip anything onto the device. Would you mind taking pictures when you have everything set? I understand if that's asking too much while you're preparing.
there's nowhere on the device to clip it, you're supposed to leave it in the bag and attach the bag to your waist, then attach the neck strap to the bag as well

Reactions: Deathisbetter and Wyldfyre4948
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
there's nowhere on the device to clip it, you're supposed to leave it in the bag and attach the bag to your waist, then attach the neck strap to the bag as well
Yeah i caught that, but they didn't really do very well with pictures and diagrams of how everything is supposed to be set up. Thankfully you got clarification about it. Richard has the answers for all the questions, but it would've been helpful if they had a video of how everything is supposed to be set up.

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
Yeah i caught that, but they didn't really do very well with pictures and diagrams of how everything is supposed to be set up. Thankfully you got clarification about it. Richard has the answers for all the questions, but it would've been helpful if they had a video of how everything is supposed to be set up.
the only videos are of attaching the head and chin straps and screwing in the canisters. agreed that it would've been helpful to see where and how the straps are supposed to attach. anyone else who's considering the rebreather won't have any issues though, since all the info is in this thread. that's the only upside.

Reactions: JustABug, lifeisbutadream and Deathisbetter
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
You definitely created a good thread with everything necessary and @Zeusman8506 made some very helpful contributions as well. You two made what should be the rebreather mega thread.

Reactions: JustABug, lifeisbutadream and Deathisbetter
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
You definitely created a good thread with everything necessary and @Zeusman8506 made some very helpful contributions as well. You two made what should be the rebreather mega thread.
been trying to get someone to observe just so there's proof if it does or doesn't work but no volunteers so far. that's the only other thing that would be helpful.

Reactions: withouthope and Deathisbetter
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Is brain damage common if this method fails?

Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
Brain damage is common in any method where the brain is deprived of blood or oxygen for an extended time.

Reactions: JustABug, aticeret and Deathisbetter
Z

Zeusman8506

Jun 28, 2023
Yes, I guarantee brain damage would occur. During the testing I got very dizzy very quick. if you're on this for six minutes or longer, your brain will be damaged.

• Informative
Reactions: JustABug, Deathisbetter, JMarley and 1 other person
violetdevil

violetdevil

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Safe travels

• Love
Reactions: Deathisbetter and jacrispy
P

pando12718

Aug 1, 2023
jacrispy, whatever in life lead you to this, I wish you a safe passage to the other side. many thanks for all of your info, best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and Deathisbetter
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
as long as there is an airtight seal and the device/mask doesn't come off you willl die.

• Love
Reactions: JustABug and Deathisbetter
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
But will your SI, either consciously or unconsciously, make you try to pull the mask off?

L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
This may be the best way of all, even better than N.

M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
Thank you for going to the difficult process, writing here about the practical issues with this device, for the benefit of us.
I wish you a peaceful departure.

• Love
Reactions: jacrispy
W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
My main concern is that this is the third model and the last 2 weren't very successful. I think the second model had 3 masks as well but it didn't seal correctly. Hopefully they corrected that with this new version.
You're exactly right, and I'm not aware of any changes having been made to the mask(s) in this 3rd edition. And per the instructions it's critical that there be no mask leaks. How do you test for leaks? But even if you start with a perfect fit my understanding is that when you go unconscious the muscles of the face relax and can change the fit of the mask. I wonder if the head and chin straps are enough to alleviate that?

Last edited:
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
But even if you start with a perfect fit my understanding is that when you go unconscious the muscles of the face relax and can change the fit of the mask. How do they address that?
The chin strap is a key component to that. Adjusting to a tight fit beneath the chin to prevent jaw slacking and mouth opening upon loss of consciousness, which can adversely affect the seal

20230810 011805
I guess the infinite variability of facial anatomy and bone structure is going to be an inherent issue in a solution like this for anything short of a custom tailored fit. But they seemed to have done everything to accommodate for that to the extent possible

Last edited:
Reactions: withouthope
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
But will your SI, either consciously or unconsciously, make you try to pull the mask off?
There is no SI when your unconscious. Also, air hunger, the feeling of suffocation comes from the buildup of CO2 and *not*
from oxygen deprivation.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
hey everybody,
still here, mostly due to constantly running into questions about the rebreather and waiting to hear back from the person behind it. just found out today as I was going to use it that it has to be in a certain position. seems like every time I'm close to CTBing there's another kink to be worked out. hoping this thread will make the process a little less painstaking for other people using it and all questions will be answered.
203DB8B1 1F82 42DE A1BD C12C0F5D277C
23B45ACA 878A 4EF6 8D11 DAFE3F5749F4

• Informative
Reactions: JustABug, KAZ-2Y5, Gonnerr and 3 others
KarmaBus

KarmaBus

Student
Apr 15, 2023
@jacrispy Glad you're still here with us. Thank you for all this research and information. Best of luck to you 🍀❤️🍀

Reactions: withouthope
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
JA - You are so kind to be thinking of helping others at this point. It will be another little thing written in the big book in your favor when you get to your next destination. God bless you!

Z

Zeusman8506

Jun 28, 2023
Hey, ja got me confused. I took the black cap off to do testing. Is he saying you turn it like a valve? That does not make sense to me. It's just a cap to keep nitrogen from coming out

Z

Zeusman8506

Jun 28, 2023
He writes as if you have to bend just the cap, in fact you bend the whole upper part of the device. You can't bend the cap itself.
No you can not bend the cap you are right, I don't see the cap in the photo

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
No you can not bend the cap you are right, I don't see the cap in the photo
yeah it's the entire tubing that needs to be bent upwards. glad I asked before using it, otherwise it would've ended with me just getting knocked unconscious and most likely failing. a lot of things that needed to be discussed and asked