D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
No you can not bend the cap you are right, I don't see the cap in the photo
You can't see the cap in the photo because the photo shows the device after the last stage of preparation when you take the cap off and connect the device to the mask.
@jacrispy Are you now sure about that the device needs to stay in the whole bag and why is that?

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
You can't see the cap in the photo because the photo shows the device after the last stage of preparation when you take the cap off and connect the device to the mask.
@jacrispy Are you now sure about that the device needs to stay in the whole bag and why is that?
it comes with waist and neck straps so the bag attaches to your torso. if you place the rebreather by your side or on your chest you run the risk of it becoming disconnected from the mask a bit more. think it's a way to play it safe to ensure you don't end up botching the job halfway through

Reactions: JustABug and Dayrain
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Just a question.. what's the black vinyl cap on the picture? Thanks

Z

Zeusman8506

Jun 28, 2023
I just laid it on the bed, pulled the black cap off, connected it to the mask, took that first breath, and boom, I was dizzy. He says in the instructions 15 seconds, to stop by your third breath, you will not be able to back out.

Reactions: JustABug and todienomore
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Just a question.. what's the black vinyl cap on the picture? Thanks
There is none to be shown. The picture shows a state where the cap has been removed and put aside.

Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I just laid it on the bed, pulled the black cap off, connected it to the mask, took that first breath, and boom, I was dizzy. He says in the instructions 15 seconds, to stop by your third breath, you will not be able to back out.
Thus sounds to me like the most peaceful method tbh, even better than N
There is none to be shown. The picture shows a state where the cap has been removed and put aside.
Ok, nvm

Reactions: JustABug
Z

Zeusman8506

Jun 28, 2023
When I was testing it, I was not trying to die then. I just laid everything beside me in the bed. I did everything following the instructions but just holding the mask. As soon as the bag was complete, I h I got the worst headache I've ever had. I sat there and hyperventilated for two minutes, and then my head was clear. There is no doubt if it had been hooked to my face securely, I would've died. HEld the mask to my face and hooked it up, holding it in place. Exhaled took in my first. Breathe and dizzy. Second, breathe, no change. Third, live, I dropped the mask. More like yanked it away. SI definitely kicked in. I got the worst headache I've ever had. I sat there and hyperventilated for two minutes, and then my head was clear. There is no doubt if it had been hooked to my face securely, I would've died.

Reactions: JustABug and todienomore
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
When I was testing it, I was not trying to die then. I just laid everything beside me in the bed. I did everything following the instructions but just holding the mask. As soon as the bag was complete, I h I got the worst headache I've ever had. I sat there and hyperventilated for two minutes, and then my head was clear. There is no doubt if it had been hooked to my face securely, I would've died. HEld the mask to my face and hooked it up, holding it in place. Exhaled took in my first. Breathe and dizzy. Second, breathe, no change. Third, live, I dropped the mask. More like yanked it away. SI definitely kicked in. I got the worst headache I've ever had. I sat there and hyperventilated for two minutes, and then my head was clear. There is no doubt if it had been hooked to my face securely, I would've died.
Yeah, SI seems to be the hardest part. I'll use some benzos to numb my emotions and thus my SI

Reactions: Zeusman8506
B

bored2death

Aug 9, 2023
not sure if this helps, but some use petroleum jelly on facial hair to seal a facemask against the facial hair

I

indocanda

Indian Canadian
Jul 24, 2023
hey everybody,
still here, mostly due to constantly running into questions about the rebreather and waiting to hear back from the person behind it. just found out today as I was going to use it that it has to be in a certain position. seems like every time I'm close to CTBing there's another kink to be worked out. hoping this thread will make the process a little less painstaking for other people using it and all questions will be answered.
View attachment 117925
View attachment 117926
Am unable to understand, face down means while sitting on chair? Or laying on bed? And bag on top what that means?
Am totally lost now, i mean which position face and which position the whole equipment

Reactions: HD72
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
Am unable to understand, face down means while sitting on chair? Or laying on bed? And bag on top what that means?
Am totally lost now, i mean which position face and which position the whole equipment
The device is face down. Look at the attached image the device should be set to use as it appears in the bottom image. The bag would be on top of the device in this position. IMG 9519

W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
I don't understand. Was this without the nitrogen gas?

John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
I don't understand. Was this without the nitrogen gas?
No, with gas, but just holding the mask against face without straps so it could be pulled away before naptime

W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
yeah it's the entire tubing that needs to be bent upwards. glad I asked before using it, otherwise it would've ended with me just getting knocked unconscious and most likely failing. a lot of things that needed to be discussed and asked
This is sounding much more complicated than I anticipated. They make it sound so simple…"you just need to don a mask and screw in the cartridge."

I am very chronically ill and out of it most of the time. Would I even be able to manage this?

John Ryder

John Ryder

Jul 7, 2023
I think the procedure is pretty straightforward once the fit has been adjusted. It's just some details like above re: the positioning that could have been fleshed out better. Really wish there was a video guide from assembly to final use tbh. The instructions are pretty clear overall but the additional visual reference would be nice

Stuckinpast28

Stuckinpast28

Drifter of life
Jul 9, 2023
I just ordered the new rebreather. no order confirmation from the initial site and you have to use a separate site for shipping info. nothing from there either. cost me about $300+ being in the U.S. I emailed the shipping site immediately after asking for information. after reading the other threads about the older models, this one sounds more promising as you can attach a canister of inert gas to the device, which fills the bag fully when taking your first breath. this will supposedly cause unconsciousness almost immediately. I also paid through PayPal so if anything is faulty there is purchase protection. will update once/if any sort of confirmation is received, as well as when/if the device arrives.
Wow, that's pretty creative never thought of that and if you can find laughing gas then you can actually leave this shitty earth with a pretty awesome high.

Reactions: HD72
W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
I think the procedure is pretty straightforward once the fit has been adjusted. It's just some details like above re: the positioning that could have been fleshed out better. Really wish there was a video guide from assembly to final use tbh. The instructions are pretty clear overall but the additional visual reference would be nice
How do you know you have a perfect fit and there are no leaks? Is there a way to test that?

John Ryder

John Ryder

Jul 7, 2023
How do you know you have a perfect fit and there are no leaks? Is there a way to test that?
I really don't know if there's an absolute definitive way. Even a test like Zeusman's wouldn't necessarily account for an imperfect seal. You'd still go under fine but the problem is thereafter. Probably obvious but to err on the side of overtight to the point of discomfort would be safest bet. You wouldn't have to deal for long after all. Again the instructions emphasize the importance of the chin strap here.

Also re: video I forgot there is a link to a demo video in the instructions

Last edited:
oono

oono

Student
Aug 26, 2020
Hello, I don't understand much English (I use a translator to write).
But this method interests me and I try to understand the process. So the bag must hang on our chest during use while leaving the device in the bag? Before that you just have to aim for the nitrogen bottle, hold your breath by putting the mask on your face and then breathe 2-3 times? Thanks in advance for the help

W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
@Zeusman8506
@jacrispy

You guys still with us?

P

pando12718

Aug 1, 2023
@jacrispy when do you plan to go? also, did you manage to figure everything out? any concerns left with the rebreather?

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
@jacrispy when do you plan to go? also, did you manage to figure everything out? any concerns left with the rebreather?
I planned on today. took an edible last night and I'm not feeling well and can't function so I might have to hold off. I figured everything out it's sitting in my car just waiting to get to the hotel

P

pando12718

Aug 1, 2023
I planned on today. took an edible last night and I'm not feeling well and can't function so I might have to hold off. I figured everything out it's sitting in my car just waiting to get to the hotel
ah, I see. well, i wish you luck with it. thank you for all of the information you've provided

Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
If I remember correctly @Zeusman8506 was planning to ctb this weekend. At least that's what was said in a post from a week or so ago.

M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
@jacrispy
I planned on today. took an edible last night and I'm not feeling well and can't function so I might have to hold off
Good decision, i can't imagine how difficult it must be to try to concentrate on the techniques of the mask etc.
Take care.

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Did allot of reading on this device and thank you to the OP for his very detailed post and definitely his help.

One thing for sure this is only for those that are ready to CTB. You will be gone and without the ability for MI to kick in.

I was dead set on SN bought everything required i was very concerned about the vomiting i only have half of my stomach and some small intestines removed.

I just knew I was going to vomit immediately and not be able to drink second glass.

now I just have to get up the nerve next week when the rebreather arrives to go through with it. I really don't want to CTB but my life is over. I have nothing to look forward to in the future. I destroyed a great life and hurt my family.

I know its the best for all if i go will keep my family from having to suffer with me.

So as soon as the rebreather arrives i will spend couple days learning and then put it to use.

Thank all of you this site really helps everyone rather to stay or go something here for all
I completely understand where you are coming from. I don't really want to ctb either, but my life is over. I have nothing left to live for. My future is dark and I want no part of it. I am waiting for my mask to come in as well. Sometime next week I hope it will all be over. Wishing you the best of luck, and sending lots of love and peace

jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
If I remember correctly @Zeusman8506 was planning to ctb this weekend. At least that's what was said in a post from a week or so ago.
he was supposed to go Friday but had something up. pushed it back and he said he planned for last night, but haven't heard from him since Friday. I think he went without saying goodbye. he was a good person. this site is helpful but also so fucking heartbreaking sometimes. I hate that he might be gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: JustABug, TapeMachine and olearius