• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
When the site went down tonight, I was so afraid that it had gotten targeted and removed by people like Tentacruel. I'm really glad that it didn't, because this place is my support. Only people who have been suicidal can really understand what I'm going through and how it affects me. To say that this is dangerous and needs to be shut down completely misunderstands the needs of suicidal people. I've seen so many people who are still alive because of the support they receive without judgment on the site. People like tanta want to take that away from all of us.
Exactly, I feel you

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
When the site went down tonight, I was so afraid that it had gotten targeted and removed by people like Tentacruel. I'm really glad that it didn't, because this place is my support. Only people who have been suicidal can really understand what I'm going through and how it affects me. To say that this is dangerous and needs to be shut down completely misunderstands the needs of suicidal people. I've seen so many people who are still alive because of the support they receive without judgment on the site. People like tanta want to take that away from all of us.
i got freaked too. i kept refreshing constantly, getting scared i got targeted…

i dislike his "u got a minor killed" thing. i attempted twice in my teens and had no clue this website even existed. it's almost as if…suicidal people will be suicidal no matter where tf they spend time online. peer support and community support is so important, more important than a traumatizing psych ward will ever be. this website is how some of us access that.

Mr Myemna

Mr Myemna

Let me say words naked as flesh, tough as teeth.
Aug 20, 2022
It's unclear to me how requiring members to register to view the forum pages would invade privacy, unless I am misinterpreting your point?

These are all very good points. But my point is that if our content was behind some wall, we could at least say that the site is making efforts to shield the information from minors. Obviously they can get it elsewhere, but SS can't be held accountable for that. We can be held accountable for what we do.

We must admit that there is a disconnect. We technically do not allow minors on the site and everyone has to vow that they are of the age of majority. So the question is, why does that requirement exist. Is it because we don't think minors should be engaging with this content? (That is admittedly an assumption, but I think a fair one.) If that's the case, then the content should at least be behind a membership wall where minors can't access it. That's not a big leap to make.

Of course that's not going to solve the problem. Minors will probably still find a way to join as they have in the past, or they can get the information elsewhere. But I don't think the argument that we can't stop something entirely means that we shouldn't do anything.

I also think there are benefits in the optics of having the method information behind a membership wall. Again, it's not a perfect solution, but it would eliminate at least one of the arguments against the site. I reiterate that I've always been uneasy with this, because that info was invaluable to me long before I joined SS. It saved me from attempting a method that could have been unreliable in my case and would have led to serious complications. So again, it's a benefit vs. risk assessment here.

And the other reason I support membership is just to protect us all. I worry about Fixers and others having such easy access to members' posts. Again, I know membership doesn't completely solve this, as anyone can join, but at least it would give admins and mods some control and options.
how would that membership work, i'm curious

and there research to prove that people around the age of 16 have finished their cognitive developement to make their decision to ctb: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6551607/

while teenagers might be more prone to emotional coersion, i don't think they should be entirely denied the right to die, but go through a screening process to determine if they're under strong emotional influence

releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022
As much as I hate that stupid loser, Im even more disgusted by the sheep or bots that left all of the comments claiming people here are monsters. I really think he paid for comments and censored any comments contradicting his bullshit. The thought that there are that many people in the world who are prolife is seriously messed up. They have no respect for an individuals personal liberties. It seriously just makes me want to CTB more, I don't want to share the same air.

R

RW__Asher23

Student
Dec 11, 2022
Thank You! I feel like someone actually cares about us. You. Also I come from a place just like this. alt.suicide.holiday. I am an original member of that and this makes me feel like we are being focused on again by misleading self serving individual who was removed for good reason and now wants some revenge and while he's at it why not make some money too. Well ASH came to an end because of media and people like him . I will fight along with you and this entire community to keep this place here. It does save lives! It matters and is an island in a deadly sea where safety can be had for as long as needed. Thank You again. This truly reminds me of what happened to me and our original ASH . The phrase CTB coming from that place and it was maybe ahead of it's time but again a place to go and not be persecuted , judged, threatened, warned you speech is dangerous for you and you will get locked up for it ,,,,, for your own safety. Anyway Thank You so much for this post and all you do for us. I will support us and fight to keep this place here. We need it! It saves LIVES!!! Look this is not kids stuff here and I don't believe there is a single one of us here who does not know that there will be some who will not be here anymore due to ctb but that decision was made long before anyone or anyplace influenced them to take that final step. But, I also know from forum and chats and seeing this happen in my old ash more people are saved and change their minds deciding hey maybe I will get a cat... job just wait another day week hours whatever but that leads to longer times and not ctb. So yeah Thank You again for this post of yours I love it and what you said. I am one if not the oldest person you have here. My membership in the original alt.suicide.holida. kind of tells you I am not young but have been through it all before. It worries me. Bit I will not give up as long as I am here. And of course if you read any of my posts you know I don't know how long that will be but who does.? Anyway Thank You. If I can do anything to help please let me know. Tomorrows another day. Dam! One day at a time.
Peace.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
how would that membership work, i'm curious

and there research to prove that people around the age of 16 have finished their cognitive developement to make their decision to ctb: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6551607/

while teenagers might be more prone to emotional coersion, i don't think they should be entirely denied the right to die, but go through a screening process to determine if they're under strong emotional influence
Please don't mistake my comments as representative of my views on age restrictions for suicide. I was simply commenting on the disconnect between the site's age requirement for membership vs. the access of information on the site for minors. And even on that front, I think there've been many point brought up since my initial post that present some valid reasons for not restricting access. I just think it's always worth assessing how policies and practices relate to your mission and philosophy.

Mr Myemna

Mr Myemna

Aug 20, 2022
Please don't mistake my comments as representative of my views on age restrictions for suicide. I was simply commenting on the disconnect between the site's age requirement for membership vs. the access of information on the site for minors. And even on that front, I think there've been many point brought up since my initial post that present some valid reasons for not restricting access. I just think it's always worth assessing how policies and practices relate to your mission and philosophy.
Thanks man! I Appreciate the response

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9
PeterRabbit

PeterRabbit

Feb 19, 2023
I always tell people that the only thing the psych visit did for me was make me go through nicotine withdrawal and then mail me a $3,000 bill. It did not change anything about my life or depression at all.

Having a group of people that know I am being absolutely serious when I say that is valuable. It makes us feel heard and not alone.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Is it because we don't think minors should be engaging with this content? (That is admittedly an assumption, but I think a fair one.) If that's the case, then the content should at least be behind a membership wall where minors can't access it. That's not a big leap to make.

... I reiterate that I've always been uneasy with this, because that info was invaluable to me long before I joined SS. It saved me from attempting a method that could have been unreliable in my case and would have led to serious complications. So again, it's a benefit vs. risk assessment here.
I think we gotta talk about children accessing a suicide forum, regardless of the performative shock and Overton window of the NPCs

BEFORE coming here, one community member attempted suicide at 14 with a gun. Because he was abused, raped by a cop at 8, etc. He missed his brain, blasted off half his face, and now has increasing full-body tremors. I hear stories like this in real life

Children have problems. They're ill-served by Disneyfied versions of reality shoved down their throats. The real world has wars, governments damaging kids' brains by not removing lead pipes, schools where they obey teachers in preparation for their future bosses, etc. They have fewer defenses, therefore they're attacked more

I don't know if this site is best for them, but they need SOME safe place to talk and realize they needn't be alone. Protected from predators. This site isn't just about death; it's the reason I'm still alive. Normies fundamentally misunderstand this place. People come here to discuss the things they Can't Say in polite disney-cult society

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I might get critiqued here, but I actually don't have a huge issue with his video

I think he does bring up some valid points, some of which being about how being on SS can can dehabilitatig to people who are already suffering. Everyones reasons for being on this site are unique, though its combination of abuse, trauma, mental illness, so on and so forth. Having suicide as an option and that is accessible though discussing methods so readily can be dangerous

And while this site is "pro choice" I often find it to be "pro suicide". Even people who post successes about their recovery or how they've come to enjoy life are subtly outed as being a "pro lifer". If a person recovers and does better, that's amazing in my book and that should be seen as inspiration. Where as people who go through with death are put up in a pedestal

It's easy to idolize death here and that makes it worse

In the video he also mentioned a section about the creators being incels and how unsafe the site is for women. And as someone who has experienced forms of sexual harassment here, I do agree

This isn't me bashing SS (heck I am here everyday and have come back multiple times) but also continue to do therapy and other forms of recovery. My feelings change on and off and I just wanted to give my 2 cents

I expect to be called names or whatever and shamed. But I just wanted to speak out. Whatever comes out of this, well, I'll deal with it as I see fit

booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

I’ll miss the winter, a world of fragile things
Feb 8, 2023
I might get critiqued here, but I actually don't have a huge issue with his video

I think he does bring up some valid points, some of which being about how being on SS can can dehabilitatig to people who are already suffering. Everyones reasons for being on this site are unique, though its combination of abuse, trauma, mental illness, so on and so forth. Having suicide as an option and that is accessible though discussing methods so readily can be dangerous

And while this site is "pro choice" I often find it to be "pro suicide". Even people who post successes about their recovery or how they've come to enjoy life are subtly outed as being a "pro lifer". If a person recovers and does better, that's amazing in my book and that should be seen as inspiration. Where as people who go through with death are put up in a pedestal

In the video he also mentioned a section about the creators being incels and how unsafe the site is for women. And as someone who has experienced forms of sexual harassment here, I do agree

This isn't me bashing SS (heck I am here everyday and have come back multiple times) but also continue to do therapy and other forms of recovery. My feelings change on and off and I just wanted to give my 2 cents

I expect to be called names or whatever and shamed. But I just wanted to speak out. Whatever comes out of this, well, I'll deal with it as I see fit
Idk I've seen the opposite. People pointing out that it's never too late to back out and seek help, even in the midst of an attempt to CTB. Reassuring people that they're not cowards for backing out when it wasn't their time to go. I've seen people find hope and recover here. I'm a woman and I've never seen any sexual harassment here. I disagree with the concept of "dangerous" in the sense of being open and honest about methods. People here already want/have methods in mind, and having information about them may dissuade people from choosing options that have a high risk of permanent but not fatal damage. I believe that's a good thing.

A

Anon1337

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2018

He cherry picked a few posts. His video is bias and misrepresents the site. Not only that, he used clickbait. No one says "Do it". How could you not have a huge issue with the video?

Not going to go in depth.

B

betternever2havbeen

Warlock
Jun 19, 2022
i got freaked too. i kept refreshing constantly, getting scared i got targeted…

i dislike his "u got a minor killed" thing. i attempted twice in my teens and had no clue this website even existed. it's almost as if…suicidal people will be suicidal no matter where tf they spend time online. peer support and community support is so important, more important than a traumatizing psych ward will ever be. this website is how some of us access that.
He really showed his true colours saying something like that, so untrue as well. How horrible to blame the people of this site who are struggling just like the guy he's talking about (who he didn't even hardly know or care about before). This site was pretty hard to find, I was googling methods, I never would've known about it otherwise. I felt better after having found this place, and LESS likely to CTB. He goes and makes a video and targets the very people who would never have found this site before and will just come here from morbid curiosity. Tell someone about the most "toxic" place on the web, people will come here just to see if he's right (he's not). Great job man! If the site really was as bad as you say, you've just gone and driven lots of people straight here. Lucky for him, it's not toxic, people are not mean and make you feel worthless here (like they might on twitter etc.) and no one is gonna brainwash anyone into CTB. He was also on this site for a little while too, so was our hero on any of the goodbye threads personally saving people like he expects everyone else to?

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I don't know if this site is best for them, but they need SOME safe place to talk and realize they needn't be alone. Protected from predators. This site isn't just about death; it's the reason I'm still alive. Normies fundamentally misunderstand this place. People come here to discuss the things they Can't Say in polite disney-cult society
I definitely agree that young people need a space for this. As someone who has taught Grade 3 through college, I'm familiar with a lot of the challenges faced by young people of all ages. But it's really tricky legal ground. I can certainly understand why it's easier for the site to have an age requirement.

Firstly, I'm really sorry you've experienced sexual harassment on this site. That makes me quite sad to read. As it's most basic requirement, this site should be a safe space. I hope the situation was dealt with accordingly.

I think that you're right that the site can come off as "pro suicide." So many of us are so disenchanted with life and secure in our determination to end it. The exuberance with which we defend our right to ctb can drown out the underlying philosophy of "choice." That being said, I think that's more an effect of the character of conversations. When it boils down to it, I think the "pro-choice" sentiment is what's really dominant. At least that's been my experience. Granted, I spend a minority of my time in the Suicide forum these days.

Like you, I found the video brought up points worth considering. It caused me to think more critically about some aspects of the site, which I think is important. We need to do that if we want to be sure we're achieving our mission. BUT, I think he cherry-picked points and presented them in a way that was misleading and unbalanced. It's classic virtue signaling and poor journalism; nothing more than a way of processing his own grief and misplaced guilt. To that point, I have a huge problem with his video.

Mr Myemna

Mr Myemna

Aug 20, 2022
it doesn't really strike you as you of character for the type of content he makes, he actually nailed his own formula, this video gained the most views he has gotten from a video since 4 years, and it's only been around in one month.

while i can't really say what his intentions are, i'd like to point out that these types of people, the reactionary type, in their persuit of topics to tackles they stumble upon topics that generally pertain misery, that trigger a strong emotional response, and with that and the use of some Fluff and rhetoric, they're able to blame the systemic failures that caused the aformentioned misery to occur in the first place on somethings or someones that are just acting in response to it.

they give people something to react to (and hence the naming: reactionary), somethings that's easy to bite, to take in without jeopardising their hegemonic worldview, they give the common people an enemy to rally against, to feel some kind of reward after they take down the enemy, to feel good, while the systems that caused the "enemy" to emerge in the first place remain intact, which only repeats the cycle again.

P.S: i'll provide examples of how this plays out in bigger media if anyone's interested just reply !
I've made this response on another thread tackling the topic, i though it fits here!!

Reactions: ihatemen420
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022

Disclaimer: these are all rhetorical questions since the answers are apparent. I'm not giving you the third degree, but just pointing out the discrepancies in some of the things you've declared.

I haven't been here that long, but I've only seen one post about how this site made someone feel worse. Therefore, how can you assert that being here is debilitating if hardly anyone expresses those sentiments?

It's like saying being here too long makes people want to buy a dog... How could you possibly discern that; where are those conversations being had?

(Hopefully others will chime in and correct me if I'm just overlooking it).

How is having death as an option "dangerous?" Are we not all going to die? If so, then doesn't it make sense that giving birth is the most "dangerous" culprit of all since it guarantees death? Nothing optional about it.

People who want to post their recovery stories and admonish ctb on the Suicide Forum are rightfully badgered because they are in the wrong place.

If you go to a cigar lounge and preach about the dangers of smoking, you're gonna get booed and told to kick rocks. Expecting a warm and fuzzy welcome doesn't make sense.

People in recovery have a platform here (and everywhere else on the planet). They just don't want to use it.

For arguments sake - say we do idolize our own deaths... Should we not have a place to express those sentiments? If this was a forum idolizing our births - would you care; would you consider that dangerous too?

Why is it ok to be happy that we were born but not happy that we will die. Where did that rule come from?

Sorry in advance to the great guys here, but men in general have a problem with boundaries. Our society is rife with misogyny and sexual harassment. Most any setting where men and women congregate together, will include inappropriate comments and behavior. Even church.

It's abhorrent and repugnant, but it's hardly unique to suicidal men. So why associate it with this board as if the forum somehow contributes to the behavior?

Just some long-winded rebuttals that came off the top of my head.

Falseunderworld

Falseunderworld

You have killed my spirit, world
Feb 3, 2023
Honestly i hate that he thinks he can judge us when hes on KF
we have every right to talk about death , its so irritating to pussyfoot around it , suicide is suicide if someone chooses to die let them they arent hurting you or effecting anyone!

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I haven't been here that long, but I've only seen one post about how this site made someone feel worse. Therefore, how can you assert that being here is debilitating if hardly anyone expresses those sentiments?

I'm not meaning this to support his video or to criticise the forum. This is just an observation- that may not even entirely be accurate! I suppose I'm just trying to see how this place COULD be detrimental to someone.

Like just about everything on the internet- and in life really- this forum COULD be debhilitating to someone who wasn't in a fit enough state of mind to be able to assess themselves. I don't know if that makes sense.

I think we all like to hope that people here are making rational, thought out decisions about their lives and deaths. Many people here REALISE they are depressed. Many KNOW they want to give up. I suppose the concern is for someone who is acting impulsively or compulsively- or- who has the real possibility to recover but is in a temporary slump.

This place is wonderful- I agree. It can FINALLY feel like you have found somewhere where everyone speaks the same language. Still- by it's very nature- it tends to validate everything towards CTB. It's not like we NEVER suggest recovery- but that only tends to happen if the OP is clearly unsure. I'm not saying that's a bad thing- it's just how it is. So long as the OP is unhappy and struggling- we tend to validate whatever reason they have for wanting to CTB.

I think this place is very addictive. Finally- we have found a sense of community and support. What I'm trying to say- and taking too long about it- sorry! Is that I'm trying to picture me as a minor or even a young adult- gaining access to the site. Bearing in mind- I've had ideation since age 10. Would it have done me any good to have found it back then? I'm thinking- probably not. Again- not blaming the site- it's just the nature of the internet. The internet wasn't that big when I was a minor. I was obsessive though. I reckon- if I had found it back then, I would have spent a LOT of time here. I guess I'm saying- when we are young or when we are vulnerable- we tend to latch on to ideas and things we are in to. Just how good is it to latch on to VERY Nihilstic ideas? Will it just push the possibility of anything else out?

I don't honestly know. I'm not convinced that people are actually that gullible. I think to be fair- the majority of people come to this site with these kinds of ideas anyway. Why else would someone be looking for it? I also think that- no matter the age- people DO in fact seem to have a good perspective on whether the site is 'helping' them or not- as in- whether it is aligned with their thinking- or, influencing it negatively.

I've known a few members recognise that it wasn't really the place for them- and either left- or, moved over to the recovery section. I'm not so convinced that people come on here and just get sucked further into despair- although- I suppose I can see how it could happen. The worry I have I suppose is that a person has become so set in their doomed thinking that they don't even recognise that it's happening. I suppose like in the early stages of an addiction almost.

I suppose you could argue that ALL of us have other paths- maybe some of us could recover. It does tend to drift into the murky areas of 'gatekeeping'. I suppose my concern is for minors though. It's not that you don't know your own mind when you are young. It's more that I think you tend to latch on to things. I think I did anyway. I wonder if finding these ideas early on would dominate a person's life moving forward. I had struggled immensely by the age of 18 but I did still have hope at that point. Can you really do anything much in this life without hope?

Like I say- I'm not intending this as a criticism of the forum and I DEFINITELY don't support that YouTube guy. Really, I suppose- it's a larger concern about the internet as a whole and most especially- minors access to it. To put it in a nutshell- if you had stumbled on the site aged 12, 14, 16, 18- do you think it would have influenced your thinking early on? Do you think it would have been good for your development, or bad- or would it not have made a difference?

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
To put it in a nutshell- if you had stumbled on the site aged 12, 14, 16, 18- do you think it would have influenced your thinking early on? Do you think it would have been good for your development, or bad- or would it not have made a difference?
Sure, I think this forum would've been beneficial to teenaged me. What does the mainstream have? Alcohol/cigarette ads, powerful religions that offer no solid evidence for astonishing claims, and propaganda agencies like NYT that drumbeat "forever wars."

We live in a world of deadly cults.

People navigating life need tolerably accurate views of it. Including learning about worst-case life scenarios and non-mainstream ideas. Look at the youtube troll's criteria for being a cult: "First, it has a highly peculiar alternative ideology which runs contrary to mainstream thinking." That conformist fear of non-mainstream thought is not only cultish, but dangerous.

What's the very next cult he cites? Scientology. Yep, a cult. But what's a mainstream counterpart? How about Christianity? With its Holy Wars, who shocked the Roman Empire by flaying the philosopher/mathematician/scientist Hypatia with oyster shells. Recently, Christians tried converting me to "fight for the glory of God."

And why does he cite Scientology? Because they're against "medical professionals and therapists." (Like his family, which makes money off your misery.) Are they cult-like? Yes! Their residencies, where they work over 80 hours a week, are "brutal, like a kind of hazing." (Source, google's cache.) A Yale professor said, "It's almost part of the medical school culture that a faculty member may try to embarrass you or humiliate you."

("Almost" is an understatement.)

Who wants their malnourished doctor working an 80 hour workweek? Who "prayed that they would die so that I wouldn't have to stay up for two more hours"? But their precious hazing rituals are more important than our health.

Here, you'll find alternative viewpoints. And articulate your own. Propagandists shove mainstream ideologies down your throat. So why would it hurt to get more diverse views?

Our youtube troll participates in DDOSing us, to "hamper this site's ability to function." Why do his followers censor us? Because this site counters mainstream cult mentality. Unmediated by professional cultists.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Sure, I think this forum would've been beneficial to teenaged me. What does the mainstream have? Alcohol/cigarette ads, powerful religions that offer no solid evidence for astonishing claims, and propaganda agencies like NYT that drumbeat "forever wars."

We live in a world of deadly cults.

People navigating life need tolerably accurate views of it. Including learning about worst-case life scenarios and non-mainstream ideas. Look at the youtube troll's criteria for being a cult: "First, it has a highly peculiar alternative ideology which runs contrary to mainstream thinking." That conformist fear of non-mainstream thought is not only cultish, but dangerous.

What's the very next cult he cites? Scientology. Yep, a cult. But what's a mainstream counterpart? How about Christianity? With its Holy Wars, who shocked the Roman Empire by flaying the philosopher/mathematician/scientist Hypatia with oyster shells. Recently, Christians tried converting me to "fight for the glory of God."

And why does he cite Scientology? Because they're against "medical professionals and therapists." (Like his family, which makes money off your misery.) Are they cult-like? Yes! Their residencies, where they work over 80 hours a week, are "brutal, like a kind of hazing." (Source, google's cache.) A Yale professor said, "It's almost part of the medical school culture that a faculty member may try to embarrass you or humiliate you."

("Almost" is an understatement.)

Who wants their malnourished doctor working an 80 hour workweek? Who "prayed that they would die so that I wouldn't have to stay up for two more hours"? But their precious hazing rituals are more important than our health.

Here, you'll find alternative viewpoints. And articulate your own. Propagandists shove mainstream ideologies down your throat. So why would it hurt to get more diverse views?

Our youtube troll participates in DDOSing us, to "hamper this site's ability to function." Why do his followers censor us? Because this site counters mainstream cult mentality. Unmediated by professional cultists.

I very much agree with you. I think his ideas are VERY MUCH influenced by the fact that his parents are healthcare workers. I think it certainly counts for his obvious faith in the system- like seeking help automatically means that 1. you'll receive it and 2. it will actually be effective. From the poll I did yesterday- ok- only 44 votes but out of them, 81% of us ALREADY HAVE sought out and received 'professional' help- clearly it hasn't worked!

Hmmm, that's interesting- that you don't think it would have made a difference to your teenage self finding this site at that age. Or- a positive difference even. I honestly don't know for me- it feels like a long time ago... I suppose it would have been nice to have been open about how I felt. It can be so lonely going through all this on your own. Plus- I absolutely take your point that there is just as much- if not more toxicity to be found on regular social media platforms. Maybe I'm just wondering how the internet as a whole affects young people. Like I say- I'm ancient! I grew up without it.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It's weird, very recently I found myself feeling an anger towards him that I hadn't felt since this shitstorm began. Maybe it's because of the recent difficulties accessing the site.
I very much agree with you. I think his ideas are VERY MUCH influenced by the fact that his parents are healthcare workers. I think it certainly counts for his obvious faith in the system- like seeking help automatically means that 1. you'll receive it and 2. it will actually be effective. From the poll I did yesterday- ok- only 44 votes but out of them, 81% of us ALREADY HAVE sought out and received 'professional' help- clearly it hasn't worked!
Then he should make a video denouncing the hospital that allowed a 17 year old (same age as the user whose death prompted his ego-driven crusade) in its care to CTB. Or any other facility in which minors or people in general have died (plenty of cases).

Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
It is his opinion on what he thinks of us but how exactly is this a cult? Are we forcing anyone to join? Are we manipulating anyone? No..we are simply stating our opinion and helping others. His video might have had good intent but it was regardless bias.

ShoresideThoughts

ShoresideThoughts

Thoughts beside the sea
Feb 15, 2023
There will always be bad actors surrounding any community, no matter how big or small it is. This person is just a bad actor who has a louder voice than the rest because he owns sheeple that take his narrative for granted no matter how bogus it actually is.

With this excellent response there is no further need to bring this guy up anymore or bump threads surrounding him. That's what he wants, he's making so much money from dressing up as a white knight and presenting himself on his little moral highground. It's really just a stunt to earn brownie points and promote himself online with people who do no research.
He will find another subject to milk in due time.

The people who matter won't be fooled by this guy. He's not some adjudicator. He's nothing. Much love to everyone, members and admins alike, for keeping this community strong :heart:

Depresso

Depresso

Feb 9, 2023
I actually found this site because of the tentacrul video. I always wanted to find a space where other people suffering depression and suicidal ideation could brutally talk about their issues without having someone giving some type of reddit style fluff talk about "life is worth living" and just feel good bullshit that doesn't really help the person in the slightest.

GrizzlyGrapefruit

GrizzlyGrapefruit

Student
Jun 17, 2019
Tantacrul literally implied that SS exists to make money off people CTBing. He just straight up spread misinformation to make the website look as bad as possible. At this point, I'm over it.
This right here, and by now, it's quite obvious that he failed miserably at trying to put a dent into SS -- in fact, he did quite the opposite. Happy that we get to move on from yet another attempt to take down such a helpful site.

W

Winterreise

I wanna be a baby and cry and be held forever
Jun 27, 2022
If youtubers could just take down sites they would be emperrors.