StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
This is an IC (intercity) train common in central Europe. Google says top speed of this train is 200kmh and average is 108kmh.
I'm standing on the exact point from where I would take a couple of strides on to the tracks.
Options are:
1. Head on collision while bowing forwards
2. Standing with back to train

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Antiquated, NodusTollens, BluesRunTheGame and 6 others
hoffnungstod

hoffnungstod

Student
Jan 3, 2021
"Thank you for travelling with Deutsche Bahn"
sorry, had to be...
Now your question: at this speed I guess it's enough. (only my insignificant assessment)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, BluesRunTheGame, Wrennie and 2 others
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Wow that is just intense dude.
I have nothing more to add.

• Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, NodusTollens, GoPeaceful and 6 others
NoEasyWayOut

NoEasyWayOut

Jan 20, 2019
This is an IC (intercity) train common in central Europe. Google says top speed of this train is 200kmh and average is 108kmh.
I'm standing on the exact point from where I would take a couple of strides on to the tracks.
Options are:

View attachment 58934

I haven't been online for a long while now, but came by to read a bit how everyone's doing and... well, I saw the video and got goosebumps. Please, don't do it this way. I jumped from a window years ago and was lucky to recover with not much to regret, but some months ago I heard about a young guy (17 y.o.) I was related to who tried to do the train thing with his girlfriend and she died instantly but he survived... I heard he will have to live with the consequences for as long as his family will want to keep him alive (long time, I guess), as he's unavailable to make any choices now anymore... please, please rethink it. It might work and it might not, but you're risking too much :( contact me if you want to ask anything or would like tl chat. Auch mal gerne auf Deutsch :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fluke, Lutembëe, Wrennie and 2 others
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Wow that definitely appears fast enough

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens and The end !

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I was expecting a horn because of how close the cam was to the train.

I said earlier that Id prefer heads on, but if only taking reliability into account. I can't imagine how it's more scary than turning the back, since one could lower the head to look at the ground, avoiding eye contact with the unstoppable force. But if one could turn backward and get hit in the head... doesn't sound too bad either.

Well, obviously, the earlier one gets in the way, the earlier the horn will start and the conductor will pull the breaks or whatever he is doing for an emergency stop, and that's an earlier decrease in velocity...

I can't tell whether or ont it will be enough tho. No idea how tough humans are against this kind of mechanical damage, and if life enforcement officers are capable enough of binding to life someone who would get hit by the train. Or maybe I'm overestimating humans on both fronts.

• Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Disappointered and The end !
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Looks fast enough if that's the method you have chosen.

• Love
Reactions: The end !
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I was expecting a horn because of how close the cam was to the train.

I said earlier that Id prefer heads on, but if only taking reliability into account. I can't imagine how it's more scary than turning the back, since one could lower the head to look at the ground, avoiding eye contact with the unstoppable force. But if one could turn backward and get hit in the head... doesn't sound too bad either.

Well, obviously, the earlier one gets in the way, the earlier the horn will start and the conductor will pull the breaks or whatever he is doing for an emergency stop, and that's an earlier decrease in velocity...

I can't tell whether or ont it will be enough tho. No idea how tough humans are against this kind of mechanical damage, and if life enforcement officers are capable enough of binding to life someone who would get hit by the train. Or maybe I'm overestimating humans on both fronts.
I was a little surprised too by the lack of horn. Maybe because I was standing behind the pipe with just my phone peaking out at the "wrong" side of the tracks and driver didn't expect it?

Still not entirely sure when to approach the center of the tracks to minimize speed reduction.

I feel one would have to be extremely unlucky to survive a centered collision with a train that has that shape and velocity.
I hope I'm not wrong lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: NodusTollens, fedupsoul, 262653 and 1 other person
*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
You're going to give the train driver ptsd and potentially ruin his life as well. There are better ways to cbt, considering the chances of survival are relatively high

• Love
Reactions: a_dead_mess, Fluke, GoPeaceful and 7 others
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i also was for some time thinking about this way to exit.
i was traveling sometimes with trains which have displays where the speed is shown. so by traveling some route more often i knew where the train was really quick.

while driving through stations they slow down. so for the 200kmh or more areas it is for sure outside a train station.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Regen and The end !
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
That would kill you. No question .
It was probably going at about 80 mph as it went through.

• Love
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, GoPeaceful, Deleted member 94 and 4 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Same here. This is too much! So scary! I could never do it.
Another reason I made the video is so I can practice from home and desensitize.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: NodusTollens, Regen, The end ! and 3 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
@NoEasyWayOut
I appreciate your concern but I don't have any other reliable options.
Feels like one of the few ways to mess up is by not doing enough research, I have done this and therefore feel confident that it will work.
If you look hard enough you can find scare stories about anything, albeit your comments are not very helpful even if that was your intention.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NodusTollens, Makko, Wrennie and 2 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
Given the fact that it's Deutsche Bahn, there's a 50/50 chance the train won't show up at all.

• Love
Reactions: Bahbah Blacksheep, *Hope*, Lutembëe and 3 others
Niirvana

Niirvana

♥Soon♥
Sep 18, 2020
De esa no te salvás ;)

• Love
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Given the fact that it's Deutsche Bahn, there's a 50/50 chance the train won't show up at all.
Nah, mostly reliable. Been keeping a log lol.

2021 01 21 16 51 02 Appointments   Notepad

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 94, Acopia, fixitinpost and 2 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020

Wow this is true dedication I'm amazed
Thank you! I guess if you play with fire you might as well do it properly.
My first ctb attempt was impulsive and landed me in ICU, a two week coma followed by psych-ward.
I wish not to repeat that or become a veg.

Feels like headbutting this train will knock me out and kill me instantly.
No pain, just have to overcome SI.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Wrennie and fedupsoul
fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
My first ctb attempt was impulsive and landed me in ICU, a two week coma followed by psych-ward.

I agree with you head butting the train most likely will break your spine and you will be dead in a flash with no pain IMO

It's still super scary to me and requires ice cold nerves and balls of steel I hope you've thought about it well may the force be with you

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
You would have to get used to having a heavy massive object barreling down towards you so that SI won't kick in. Here are some incidents where people have succeeded with this method:

A 13-year-old girl from suburban Chicago committed suicide in March by walking on commuter rail tracks with her back to the train. A 53-year-old woman killed herself in July by lying down on railroad tracks in Boca Raton, Fla. That month in Kansas the 19-year-old Argonia High School valedictorian was struck and killed by a train after tying himself to the tracks with baling wire.

• Wow
Reactions: NodusTollens, Wrennie, StateOfMind and 1 other person
fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
You would have to get used to having a heavy massive object barreling down towards you so that SI won't kick in. Here are some incidents where people have succeeded with this method:

A 13-year-old girl from suburban Chicago committed suicide in March by walking on commuter rail tracks with her back to the train. A 53-year-old woman killed herself in July by lying down on railroad tracks in Boca Raton, Fla. That month in Kansas the 19-year-old Argonia High School valedictorian was struck and killed by a train after tying himself to the tracks with baling wire.
Just thinking about sends shivers down my spine I'm really scared easily also just saying

fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020

View attachment 58961

clap.gif

Reactions: Antiquated, NodusTollens, Wrennie and 1 other person
R

Raindryer

Jan 8, 2021
Please don't ctb this way. It really isn't acceptable for you to traumatize the train driver and passengers that way. There are much better ways that don't involve traumatizing others. Please reconsider your choice. :(

• Aww..
Reactions: Fluke, GoPeaceful, *Hope* and 4 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Please don't ctb this way. It really isn't acceptable for you to traumatize the train driver and passengers that way. There are much better ways that don't involve traumatizing others. Please reconsider your choice. :(
Meanwhile suicides are anchored into the curriculum of their education. By taking on this job train drivers know full well what they are getting themselves into.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624, NodusTollens, 262653 and 1 other person
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
That would kill you. No question .
It was probably going at about 80 mph as it went through.
Can't say no question, there's always a chance that someone could live. There is no way to CBT that is 100% what people don't realize and need to accept. Even in the PPE there is no 100% way. People survive jumping out of plants at 20,000 feet with no parachute. People survive train accidents all the time even outside of a car. Trains will slow down going into a station too. There's no way to tell someone that for sure it will work.
Meanwhile suicides are anchored into the curriculum of their education. By taking on this job train drivers know full well what they are getting themselves into.
So that makes it okay to force someone else to be involved in your choice? Sure, they made a choice to drive a train but how on earth can you rationalize that that means they also made the choice to participate in your suicide. The reality is that you are forcing them to thus not giving them any choice in the matter and this forum is supposedly all about choice and how important that is.....

Last edited:
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
People survive jumping out of plants at 20,000 feet with no parachute.
I wasn't aware we had plants 20k feet tall, let alone people jumping off them.
Are you living in wonderland or something?

Reactions: Wrennie, Symbiote and fedupsoul
fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
I wasn't aware we had plants 20k feet tall, let alone people jumping off them.
Are you living in wonderland or something?
I think they meant planes and I don't think they could survive a 20000 ft fall :/

Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020
Options are:

View attachment 58934

Don't do this

are you in the UK? I'm ready we can CTB together if you want

Reactions: Deleted member 22624