R

Raindryer

Jan 8, 2021
Meanwhile suicides are anchored into the curriculum of their education. By taking on this job train drivers know full well what they are getting themselves into.
That's a horrible justification.
You are hurting, yes, life sucks, yes, but that doesn't make it okay for you to ruin another person's life who's just doing their job.
Have some empathy, please. There are countless other methods that don't involve possibly traumatizing someone for their entire life.

There's a difference between choosing to end your own life and making a person that never signed up for it do your dirty work. Just because train drivers know there's a chance some moron is going to do that doesn't mean they're able to handle such a situation, if it occurs. You probably are no stranger to suffering, otherwise you wouldn't be here, and you want to escape it, yet you're planning to willfully subject an innocent person to insane levels suffering as well. There's really no ethical justification for your plan. Please don't do it and use a different method. Don't be a prick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fluke and Lutembëe
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Simply put, suicide as an act will traumatize anyone that has to deal with the aftermath whether it be family and friends, forensic workers, police officers, public servants, etc. Except those people will have the resources that we didn't have to deal with it better. If we had it your way where we should not morally traumatize someone, then I suggest we don't kill ourselves at all. We all become pro-lifers cause we're worried of traumatizing others.

Stop guilt-tripping the OP and ignore the thread if you don't like it.

Reactions: Deleted member 25508, Deleted member 22624, NodusTollens and 4 others
JigsawFeelin

JigsawFeelin

Student
May 31, 2020
I have no idea why, maybe it's your cinematography, or how long it takes for the train to arrive, or the fact the title is so innocent...or if, somehow, something paranormal was afoot and you'd uploaded your death from beyond the grave...
But this is one of the most chilling things I've seen in a long time.
That's a horrible justification.
You are hurting, yes, life sucks, yes, but that doesn't make it okay for you to ruin another person's life who's just doing their job.
Have some empathy, please. There are countless other methods that don't involve possibly traumatizing someone for their entire life.
OP is very set on their ctb choice and has made numerous posts on the topic. I admit to PM'ing them with similar sentiments a while ago, which they were well within their right to ignore. Ultimately, I guess this is a forum in which we just have to accept that the methods of others are not really our business. Sure, op could go somewhere secluded or do something less public, but they're likely as wedded to their plan as we are to ours.
we can just offer support, I think

Last edited:
Reactions: NodusTollens, StateOfMind, Makko and 2 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Can't say no question, there's always a chance that someone could live. There is no way to CBT that is 100% what people don't realize and need to accept. Even in the PPE there is no 100% way. People survive jumping out of plants at 20,000 feet with no parachute. People survive train accidents all the time even outside of a car. Trains will slow down going into a station too. There's no way to tell someone that for sure it will work.

So that makes it okay to force someone else to be involved in your choice? Sure, they made a choice to drive a train but how on earth can you rationalize that that means they also made the choice to participate in your suicide. The reality is that you are forcing them to thus not giving them any choice in the matter and this forum is supposedly all about choice and how important that is.....
Actually trains do not always slow down or stop at EVERY station. It depends on the route. Through some stations ,and in approach , they barely slow down at all or keep going at full speed. Fact.
It is clear from the video this train is going at a fast speed. It is supposed to be travelling at that speed because that is how the route and its varying speed limits is pre determined/laid out .
I remain very confident that Inter City train on the video was going about 80mph or more and confident that at that speed it would kill anyone suddenly in the way because the driver would not have time to slow or stop.
I was not encouraging anyone to CTB by train but simply responding to the thread question with a logical answer.
(It wouldn't be my preferred method. I think ,and have said ,there is better )
Anyways...everyone's entitled to their opinion so lets agree to disagree.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624, StateOfMind, JigsawFeelin and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
So that makes it okay to force someone else to be involved in your choice? Sure, they made a choice to drive a train but how on earth can you rationalize that that means they also made the choice to participate in your suicide. The reality is that you are forcing them to thus not giving them any choice in the matter and this forum is supposedly all about choice and how important that is.....
Ambiguity. I think you're conflating choice1, pro-choice stance of the forum which is about non-encouragement (not coercing you to live or to die) with choice2, which is the preference of those who get involved in his train suicide not to get involved.

Reactions: Fluke
M

makingsure4

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Everyone to each their own. As far as ptsd causing others. None of us gets out unscathed. When manic I've said and done some bizarre stuff albeit benign. Humans are generally afraid of what they don't understand and I'm sure by me phrasing things in less understable ways it made them nervous, they had a negative feeling and then it caused them to need to talk out their feelings with a therapist. Many Humans are so easily traumatized it's impossible to get through life not causing some people trauma. Lucky you if you haven't already. As long as the train stopping so abruptly doesn't injure other passengers physically. But it is shocking but if you don't have any other method who am I to say don't do it. To each their own.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and StateOfMind
R

Raindryer

Jan 8, 2021
Simply put, suicide as an act will traumatize anyone that has to deal with the aftermath whether it be family and friends, forensic workers, police officers, public servants, etc. Except those people will have the resources that we didn't have to deal with it better. If we had it your way where we should not morally traumatize someone, then I suggest we don't kill ourselves at all. We all become pro-lifers cause we're worried of traumatizing others.

Stop guilt-tripping the OP and ignore the thread if you don't like it.
There's a massive difference between ending your life in a secluded space and involving others in the act. That train driver WILL feel responsible, even if he isn't.
Discovering a dead body isn't the same severity as learning someone used a vehicle you were operating to end their life. This is about overall reduction of suffering, but call it guilt tripping if you like, it doesn't matter.

If we had it my way, op would go for a method that imposes less suffering and traumatization on other people overall.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
OP would be better going with a freight train in the middle of the forest at night or in a tunnel. Or be in a country where human lives are a non-factor, like China or Russia.
I realize that European train engines are much different than American trains. Euro trains have larger windows for the conductor to see out of, whereas American train engines look like a giant mass of metal...

BNSF Dash 9 44CW 5518

Last edited:
Reactions: StateOfMind
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Just watching the video is scary... I would never be able to do something like that to be honest but I hope everything works out for you! Good luck. Hugs! :hug::hug::heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Traumatize the driver? Too bad.

Ensure your SI does not prevent you from going all the way, as last minute hesitation could leave you injured but very alive. Yes, it is fast enough. Goodluck.

Reactions: Antiquated and Symbiote
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
OP would be better going with a freight train in the middle of the forest at night or in a tunnel. Or be in a country where human lives are a non-factor, like China or Russia.
I realize that European train engines are much different than American trains. Euro trains have larger windows for the conductor to see out of, whereas American train engines look like a giant mass of metal...

View attachment 58976
Found a better picture of my train.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Good that you could make sure it's that exact type of train, at least. That pointy-nose train #3 you posted in your other thread would have ruined everything.

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Good that you could make sure it's that exact type of train, at least. That pointy-nose train #3 you posted in your other thread would have ruined everything.
You mean this one right? Ive been thinking about this and I feel if the speed is right (which it seemed to be) it will still do the job.
Anywho, I haven't seen this one since I began keeping the log.
Sbahntalent5250629

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
I wasn't aware we had plants 20k feet tall, let alone people jumping off them.
Are you living in wonderland or something?

You got the point. Clearly, it was a typo and was meant to say plane.
I think they meant planes and I don't think they could survive a 20000 ft fall :/
There's been plenty of evidence of several people surviving falls from planes. One was a flight attendant. So yes, it has happened. You can easily Google it.
I think they meant planes and I don't think they could survive a 20000 ft fall :/

Here is proof as well. This flight attendant fell 33 THOUSAND feet from a plane with no parachute and lived. She isn't the only one who has survived major falls 15k+ with no parachute or a malfunctioning one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 22624
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
You got the point. Clearly, it was a typo and was meant to say plane.
Sorry, don't take it personally.
Just tired of people hating on train method (one of the most reliable methods out there) without using logic or presenting reasoned arguements why it should not be done.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624, Antiquated and NodusTollens
P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
i saw a video where someone tried this and i shit u not all their insides and bones got twisted and turned around inside them like ropes they were still alive in agony and only could die once the train was taken off them.

reconsider this , also u will traumatize the driver , the passengers and witnesses in public. Maybe even hurt the driver.

your choice thou, i fully understand your desperation .

• Aww..
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
i saw a video where someone tried this and i shit u not all their insides and bones got twisted and turned around inside them like ropes they were still alive in agony and only could die once the train was taken off them.

reconsider this , also u will traumatize the driver , the passengers and witnesses in public. Maybe even hurt the driver.

your choice thou, i fully understand your desperation .
Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction.
Not even sure why I'm responding to this lol
You clearly couldn't be bothered to read and comprehend the entirety of this thread..

• Hugs
P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction.
Not even sure why I'm responding to this lol
You clearly couldn't be bothered to read and comprehend the entirety of this thread..
looks like you cant be bothered to even consider the ramifications of this method but your choice .

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
looks like you cant be bothered to even consider the ramifications of this method but your choice .
Ok maybe I was hasty. I will give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you this question:

What do you think will happen to a person if they stand on the middle of the tracks while bowing down around 90degrees facing a 115kmh incoming train that barely has time to break?

My opinion is near to instant death.
I'm open for other reasonable opinions.

• Hugs
P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
i don
Ok maybe I was hasty. I will give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you this question:

What do you think will happen to a person if they stand on the middle of the tracks while bowing down around 90degrees facing a 115kmh incoming train that barely has time to break?

My opinion is near to instant death.
I'm open for other reasonable opinions.
well i dont blame you, it sucks having no reliable methods.

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I think you have a plan and it is well researched - it just might work OP. Regardless of our thoughts on your method, you seem determined and I believe you will accomplish your goal. It's sad but life goes on. I hope a miracle happens and you wake up happy tomorrow - however silly that sounds.

Reactions: StateOfMind
Annabella

Annabella

Jan 13, 2021
You will manage to achieve your goal fairly easily with such a train. But before taking your life think about everything you love to do, your hopes and dreams and realize that you will never have the chance to achieve them if you take your life. Maybe just look at the beauty of this world, at the trees and the birds and the sky. Think about your family and about what you leave behind. We both are in the same boat and I realized that observing nature and getting lost in the moment really helps me get grounded in this world.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I would not consider anything going 4 fathoms per second or slower.