• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

LonelyAlfred9999

Oct 24, 2021
In the Megathread Tiredhourse suggesting using a 20cf or 40cf tank. While he also mentioned about needing 600 Liters of gas.

My problem is, since i do not living in US, we don't measure tank by cubic foot but instead measure according to how many Liters it contains. So i search the internet and found out that 20cf or 40cf is actually pretty small tanks, can these tank really hold up to 600L of gas?

I'm so confused about the 600L definition, in my country a tank that is significantly larger than 20cf could only hold 40L according to their page.

Is there some information that i've mistaken for?

Suicide is not a trivial matter, as misusage can lead to fatal consequences, i want to make sure if i'm getting all the information correct before even attempting.

Thank you very much!

This website is a work of Gods, you guys are the most amazing people.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, 1Mazda16, ContinuousJump and 1 other person
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
In the Megathread Tiredhourse suggesting using a 20cf or 40cf tank. While he also mentioned about needing 600 Liters of gas.

My problem is, since i do not living in US, we don't measure tank by cubic foot but instead measure according to how many Liters it contains. So i search the internet and found out that 20cf or 40cf is actually pretty small tanks, can these tank really hold up to 600L of gas?

I'm so confused about the 600L definition, in my country a tank that is significantly larger than 20cf could only hold 40L according to their page.

Is there some information that i've mistaken for?

Suicide is not a trivial matter, as misusage can lead to fatal consequences, i want to make sure if i'm getting all the information correct before even attempting.

Thank you very much!

This website is a work of Gods, you guys are the most amazing people.
If you the conversion from cubic feet to litres, 20cf is appropriately 566L. So to answer your question, yes. The cylinder can hold that much gas when it is uncompressed in ambient.

The 40L figure you quoted is the water displacement of the cylinder.

Please feel free to visit my blog regarding the Exit Bag method.

Best, G

• Informative
Reactions: PrincessInWhite, Manaaja and ContinuousJump
ContinuousJump

ContinuousJump

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
Jul 6, 2021
This is a critical point. In the US, cylinders are often sold quoting the uncompressed gas volume, how much comes out at standard atmospheric pressure. This number is necessary to know, regardless, so one can calculate how long the flow will go. When 15-20+ liters per minute is required for 20-60 minutes, you must know how many liters you will have at atmospheric pressure.

In other places, cylinders are often sold by their internal volume, in other words how much water the cylinder holds AND a given pressure. There are formulas or the gas supplier should be able to help you make the calculation to know how much gas will come out at atmospheric pressure.

It goes something like this. The ideal gas law is PV=nRT. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law

Because n, R, and T are expected to be constant in this situation, PV = PV. The first PV being inside the tank and the second PV being the uncompressed condition. You should know 3 of the 4 variables, you just need to solve for the uncompressed V, volume.

So, and I think I am right, but am happy to be proved otherwise, you just need to know the right numbers, in the right units, to plug-in to that equation. At least that gets you started, so you know something about it when you ask your gas supplier. Or maybe the info is on their website, now that you know what to look for.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
If you the conversion from cubic feet to litres, 20cf is appropriately 566L. So to answer your question, yes. The cylinder can hold that much gas when it is uncompressed in ambient.

Please feel free to visit my blog regarding the Exit Bag method.

Best, G
There is a cylinder specification chart on my blog (Jan 24th) which I believe you will find it helpful. Depending on the pressure, it provides the volume of uncompressed nitrogen based on the water volume of the cylinder. That chart should give you a good idea of how much gas you have when fully pressurized. Best, G

Last edited:
Reactions: ContinuousJump
justastranger

justastranger

Apr 14, 2023
Ask GasMonkey I'm sure they can answer some questions