• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Fatal Hypermagnesemia Due to Laxative Use: Case Report and Review of the Literature

Hypermagnesemia-induced fatality following epsom salt gargles

Pros: Epsom Salts are readily available at any grocery store. Basically I think it could be gargled or consumed until the lower level symptoms are reached, then 3-4 ounces could be drank. Leads to coma and death.

Cons: It takes hours, would likely cause diarrhea, potentially a headache, nausea. I've consumed excess MgCl for days, I did not get a nausea or a headache, and if anything my bowels were kinda 'paralyzed,' were barely moving anything along. I'll post them later but there are a number of nonfatal magnesium overdose case reports. People take large amounts and survive. And there is quite a bit that can be done to treat it in a hospital.

Anyway, here was my loose estimate on fatal dosing. I will test this by trying to reach lower tiers of hypermagnesemia symptoms again sometime with measured doses.
12mg / dL minimum for severe hypermagnesemia, which equals
120mg / L, or 600mg total in blood
If only 20% is absorbed, 3g elemental is needed.
MgCl and MgSO4 are 10% Mg so 30g minimum dose.
15mg/dl for heart attack, or about 40g minimum
Assuming other unknowns, several ounces would be a safer dose, and likely easily consumed.
? Half life

Ill post a small collection of fatal and nonfatal reports later, I just wanted people it can be done with something they can't ever ban/thwart like SN.

Search more here
Any paywalled paper can be found over here if it has a DOI code to search with https://sci-hub.se/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Life is overrated and Sweet Tart
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Hypermagnesemia-induced fatality following epsom salt gargles

Pros: Epsom Salts are readily available at any grocery store. Basically I think it could be gargled or consumed until the lower level symptoms are reached (as outlined on the third page in the table), then 3-4 ounces could be drank. Leads to coma and death.

Cons: It takes hours, would likely cause diarrhea, potentially a headache, nausea. I've consumed excess MgCl for days, I did not get a nausea or a headache, and although my bowels move faster initially they actually seemed to stop for some reason. Mg lowers glutamate and also dopamine I believe so its kinda depressing in excess. I'll post them later but there are a number of nonfatal magnesium overdose case reports. People take large amounts and survive. And there is quite a bit that can be done to treat it in a hospital.

Ill post the nonfatal reports later, I just wanted people it can be done with something they can't ban/thwart like SN.
Lots of things will kill you, eventually, if taken in excess. Every ordinary table salt (sodium chloride). Magensium sulphate (Epsom salts) is not very toxic, and though it's probably not impossible to kill yourself with it, I think it would be rather difficult.

Reactions: Sweet Tart
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
How many over-the-counter things lead straight to a coma with no real side effects? Please dont shit up the thread.

Last edited:
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
bro it's much more lethal IV than oral and as a bonus no 'laxative' scene when somebody finds the body. basically the heart stops when Mg ions reach a certain concentration in the blood dunno whether it's painful as symptoms of overdose include 'respiratory arrest' and 'paralysis' i guess suffocating while being paralyzed is a very distressing experience and this is so even though Mg infusions supposed to promote narcosis but never been used alone only in combination with other anesthetics to make a patient immobile during surgery

this method intertwines with so called lethal potassium injection in the sense of death caused by electrolytical disbalance but it proved itself as a unreliable method mainly due to the extreme pain at injection site. this could be mitigated by a highly concentrated infusion delivered at a optimal rate but nobody tried it yet

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: todienomore and Sweet Tart
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
read all the case reports, every time the person is a coma before the heavy symptoms start. Literally google hypermagnesemia, theres a nice symptom chart.

Potassium is irrelevant

You can just take low MgCl doses and loosen, wash out your gut out over a day before attempting. Many case reports where od's happen because the person is constipated and it doesnt solve it. This increased their absorption of mg. You do realize shitting yourself when you die is kinda guaranteed lol? No matter what method. Mg loading is a better option, clean everything out and then die.

There are case reports about iv mg being deadly. Everythings more deadly in the arm lol

Starting to realize no one can read or think lol, damn.

anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
read all the case reports, every time the person is a coma before the heavy symptoms start. Literally google hypermagnesemia, theres a nice symptom chart.

Potassium is irrelevant

You can just take low MgCl doses and loosen, wash out your gut out over a day before attempting. Many case reports where od's happen because the person is constipated and it doesnt solve it. This increased their absorption of mg. You do realize shitting yourself when you die is kinda guaranteed lol? No matter what method. Mg loading is a better option, clean everything out and then die.

There are case reports about iv mg being deadly. Everythings more deadly in the arm lol

i dunno how it's possible to consume several ounces of a bitter salt. imagine ingesting the same amount in the table salt equivalent i'm bad at them numbers but 40gms/IV of 500ml 8% in 15-30 minutes is tenfold times more reliable bc nurses never give this drug in anesthetic procedures or in magnesium supplementation in such short time spans they administer it for hours at the lowest dropper rate so obviously the former is a way to skyrocket Mg in the blood. and the heart will stop in minutes. a protocol you suggest implies that it could work in a case when the drug taken during several days in large amounts and possibly the one need to stock loperamide and meto to circumvent Mg elimination through diarrhea or emesis and make sure that a healthy renal function won't interfere in dying, i skimmed through some cases presented. they arent been healthy in the first place. obesity, age and long term psychotropic drugs usage. couldn't dig deeper and check thousands sources and cases. tiktok attention span

just saying that there's easier methods like citric acid + baking soda. i even use it to get high off because can't afford normal drugs claiming benefits anyway. lethality in matter of minutes and cost just like several dollars.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
i dunno how it's possible to consume several ounces of a bitter salt. imagine ingesting the same amount in the table salt equivalent i'm bad at them numbers but 40gms/IV of 500ml 8% in 15-30 minutes is tenfold times more reliable bc nurses never give this drug in anesthetic procedures or in magnesium supplementation in such short time spans they administer it for hours at the lowest dropper rate so obviously the former is a way to skyrocket Mg in the blood. and the heart will stop in minutes. a protocol you suggest implies that it could work in a case when the drug taken during several days in large amounts and possibly the one need to stock loperamide and meto to circumvent Mg elimination through diarrhea or emesis and make sure that a healthy renal function won't interfere in dying, i skimmed through some cases presented. they arent been healthy in the first place. obesity, age and long term psychotropic drugs usage. couldn't dig deeper and check thousands sources and cases. tiktok attention span

just saying that there's easier methods like citric acid + baking soda. i even use it to get high off because can't afford normal drugs claiming benefits anyway. lethality in matter of minutes and cost just like several dollars.
MgCl is not bitter at all, even healthy kidneys can only eliminate it so quickly, thats why simply gargling epsom salt it killed a healthy person in one case report. Imagine the flavor of the poison being a barrier lol. Thats why the treatment takes days if they are saved, they have to wait on the kidneys to slowly excrete it. There simply arent many case reports because its unlikely to happen beyond medical error, eccentric self treatments or patients with weak kidneys. I experienced no nausea, vomiting or emesis with mild hypermagnesemia, only low dopamine (because low glutamate basically), the mild neg symptoms are not guaranteed. And given the bar for comparison is SN, some nausea or vomiting isnt a big deal, especially since it can be mitigated. SN is has much worse taste (if we are gonna whine about such things), while causing similar if not worse digestive and respiratory distress.

Maybe Im missing something but hypercalcaemia via citric acid and baking soda sounds a lot worse. Dont even get a coma, die thirsty. Feel free to cite something or start a thread if youre that convinced.

Last edited:
Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023

Potassium is irrelevant

I don't think potassium is irrelevant. I'm anorexic. My potassium levels fall below 2 and if I combine this with lasix and dompetidone I pass out with chest pains. On days I'm tested for potassium, I take a huge amount to push myself into 3-4. Sometimes I take too much and have been admitted to hospital for near fatal tachy and arrhythmia. Magnedium i take in very high quantities every night to aid laxatives. I wouldn't underestimate K

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I don't think potassium is irrelevant. I'm anorexic. My potassium levels fall below 2 and if I combine this with lasix and dompetidone I pass out with chest pains. On days I'm tested for potassium, I take a huge amount to push myself into 3-4. Sometimes I take too much and have been admitted to hospital for near fatal tachy and arrhythmia. Magnedium i take in very high quantities every night to aid laxatives. I wouldn't underestimate K
I appreciate the anecdote, i just spent awhile skimming potassium od / hypercalcemia studies and cant find anything definitive about the progression of symptoms. I will keep looking. I mean it kills via heart issues (as you alluded to with arrhythmia), stomach pain, thirst, vomiting etc seem common and coma possible. Just unclear on the exact order. One lady in a case report had a heart attack within an hour and never came back from the coma, unclear if the coma was as a result of the heart attack hypoxia or if it preceded. Most were just treated successfully. With Mg you die in a coma. Mg interacts with GABA receptors, is an anti anxiety mineral.

• Informative
Reactions: Jezzibell
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
MgCl is not bitter at all, even healthy kidneys can only eliminate it so quickly, thats why simply gargling epsom salt it killed a healthy person in one case report. Imagine the flavor of the poison being a barrier lol. Thats why the treatment takes days if they are saved, they have to wait on the kidneys to slowly excrete it. There simply arent many case reports because its unlikely to happen beyond medical error, eccentric self treatments or patients with weak kidneys. I experienced no nausea, vomiting or emesis with mild hypermagnesemia, only low dopamine (because low glutamate basically), the mild neg symptoms are not guaranteed. And given the bar for comparison is SN, some nausea or vomiting isnt a big deal, especially since it can be mitigated. SN is has much worse taste (if we are gonna whine about such things), while causing similar if not worse digestive and respiratory distress.

Maybe Im missing something but hypercalcaemia via citric acid and baking soda sounds a lot worse. Dont even get a coma, die thirsty. Feel free to cite something or start a thread if youre that convinced.
still gurgling a large amount of a chalky substance doesn't seem as an option to me. i guess it's a matter of taste in the end. i avoid SN for this same reason and it demonstrated itself a as a very nauseous substance with a disgusting taste according to local reports naturally. i consider organic nitrites superior to SN in many aspects, they require considerably smaller doses just a capsule(less than a gram) is enough say for nitroglycerin and can be delivered in many ways, one can rub some on the skin and it can kill them easily. they are severely restricted though. explosives and shit. also they unlikely to cause vomit when delivered through skin absorption and mixed with alcohol. the potential for combination with other substances to complement the toxicity is high

the baking soda + citric acid method is a way to get CO2. water is added as a catalyst to release gas. in a closed space(plastic bag) it poses a threat of asphyxiation and causes narcosis when the gas concentration exceeds 30%. in my experience i get my vision shaken and passing out when using it. if i tie a bag around my neck in a huffing session i can possibly die (or get braindamaged) and don't even notice it. will use it if i find impossible to get measurable amounts of CO through known techniques, a gas that's a different kettle of fish

Attachments

• niiin.png
    niiin.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: todienomore
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
i consider organic nitrites superior to SN in many aspects, they require considerably smaller doses just a capsule(less than a gram) is enough say for nitroglycerin and can be delivered in many ways, one can rub some on the skin and it can kill them easily. they are severely restricted though. explosives and shit.

I was reading about amyl nitrite just yesterday, aka poppers. Seemed promising with the correct setup.

MgCl has a nice taste, Ive mixed a big pinch in almost every liter of drinking water in the last few years. Nothing like sodium. I will taste epsom soon out of curiosity and report back.

edit: i just tried epsom water, dont know what to compare it to but its a slightly icky taste, MgCl actually tastes good.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jezzibell
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
"Even if severe magnesium depletion is present, approximately 50% of the administered dose is excreted in the urine."

"Thirty percent to 40% of ingested magnesium is absorbed in the small bowel. The absorption of magnesium decreases as the dietary intake increases. Reductions in absorption have also been noted in the elderly and those with CKD. A small amount is present in intestinal secretions and reabsorbed in the sigmoid colon. The kidneys play a major role in maintaining magnesium balance. Approximately 95% of the filtered magnesium is reabsorbed, thus in most patients less than 5% is excreted in the urine."

Image803

Symptoms of hypermagnesaemia

Clinical Manifestations of Hypermagnesemia 1

Three separate hypermagnesemia tables.

"paralytic ileus" like i said your gut just stops moving stuff along. So you could clean yourself out over a day with very low dose before continuing with high dose. This should increase absorption significantly.

Going to try and figure out how bad the respiratory depression is, hypoxia via respiratory depression could be a theoretical risk if the correct dose was not achieved.

Even if this doesnt turn out to be a reliable method on its own, it could be combined with another method in which intense sedation or coma is desirable.

Please dont comment if you did not read/understand the studies, this is a scientific thread on a working theory.

Last edited:
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
This lady in the ER was accidentally given 465g (1lb) of epsom salt in a liter of water, spread over six hours, and went into a coma, cardiorespiratory arrest (heart and breathing stopped). Raises many interesting questions including if its an actual coma or just total paralysis. Also no diarrhea after the first two hours (only one instance) and no vomiting noted. Again, afaik you shit yourself regardless whe you die so why not clean yourself out beforehand lol?

"There is perhaps no more dramatic evidence for a depressant effect on the central nervous system (CNS) than the ability of a drug or compound to produce a state of general anesthesia. Mg" was at one time thought to have such marked effects on the CNS that early in this century Peck and Meltzer (1916) reported performing surgery on humans under Mg "anesthesia." Less profound CNS signs and symptoms, ranging from drowsiness to light coma, have also been reported in hypermagnesemic individuals. However, in careful experiments on human volunteers, concluded that a plasma Mg" level of approximately 15 mEq/l does not produce sedation, let alone general anesthesia. In fact, they reported that the volunteers (two of the study's authors), despite being paralyzed because of the effect of Mgº" on neuromuscular transmission, remained conscious and cognizant of pain. How can one expect Mg+" to be a CNS depressant if it does not produce general anesthesia or even sedation? Part of the answer lies in biochemical and neurophysiological data. [...]"

(goes on to give really complicated answer about slowing brain metabolism)

61yo accidentally took 9g of magnesium (approximately 90g of epsom/mgcl, but unknown form in the report) and was at least hypoxic, interesting that she survived given she got to 19.2mg/dL, 20+ is heart attack/coma zone, I thought the heart issues would be more significant by then. The lady in the first study in this comment hit 21 for comparison before she had a heart attack and her treatment was corrected.

https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(20)33132-9/fulltext (this is the full text its just brief)

seems to present symptom progression slightly differently

I might try an ounce of MgCl soon just as a symptomology test, starting to think 5oz/150g is needed to be safe). Just going hypoxic would be bad.

There are many more studies out there I just haven't mentioned them because their kidneys were impaired or they were quite old. Worth skimming though if you are intrigued.

Last edited:
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Just drank 2g of Mg (20g MgCl flakes) as a test and will titrate up in future tests. 1g in one cup of water is palatable, its a mild/moderate brine flavor, different from NaCl. Doesn't make you thirsty just blandly, mildly unpleasant, no aftertaste.

I'm guessing that 15-20g (150-200g flakes) would be reliably effective based on this study. The patient was right at the blood levels where death occurs with a dose of 9g Mg (90g or ~3oz of MgCl)

----
edit: wondering if its too much chloride, if multiform mg would would be better. Like maybe a lot of MgCl + Mg oxide. Excretion of Mg is slow (1/20th of a fatal dose / day) but chloride seems slower. Seems like it would cause side effects.
10g MgCl gave me diarrhea as expected, just downed the second half. Wondering what it takes to cause the eventual constipation, and resulting increased absorbtion.
----

Its still funny to me that the forum is sleeping on this method. Please no more neurotic responses, thread is already trashed lol.

Ironically you should all be taking therapeutic doses of Mg, its hardly in food anymore and its the basic anti anxiety, anti stress mineral.

edit 2: interesting case, fat lady died from a heart attack caused by Mg, serum level was only half of the way up the scale, not even to a coma. Moderately impairs heart signalling by then. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6230454/

Last edited:
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Case report: 7yo child given epsom salt enema, heart stopped within minutes.

So basically you can pre load magnesium orally in various forms (oxide, chloride, malate, glycinate, citrate etc) to avoid getting too much chloride

do some enemas to clean out most of your large intestine/rectum, and then do a big epsom salt enema.

Sit in the tub and youre done in minutes.

Im going to look up rectal absorption info. The kids dose is unknown and also if he got enemas the previous day (mg is slow to leave) but his blood concentration was just massive.

Study: Old lady with kidney problems nearly killed with 1oz epsom in enema https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211558715000746

The graphs there are important. 3g of elemental Mg (25g epsom) shot her levels through the roof within 2 hours and she was at deaths door, assisted breathing coma and partial heart block.

I really think oral dosing multiform mg until you get early symptoms, and finally several ounces in an enema would work.

Last edited:
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
I have a silly idea of using salt and laxative tea to empty myself out then, drink as much water as possible to induce an electrolyte imbalance and flush out all the sodium. Water intoxication is rare and hard just like everything else is but less scary. I don't have many options.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
I have a silly idea of using salt and laxative tea to empty myself out then, drink as much water as possible to induce an electrolyte imbalance and flush out all the sodium. Water intoxication is rare and hard just like everything else is but less scary. I don't have many options.
I was looking into that lately, I think its really painful. I think you actually die from brain swelling.

I've looked at all the electrolyte imbalances (potassium, sodium, calcium), even other toxic dietary minerals like selenium, iron. This really is the way to go in this category.

Look at those symptom charts in previous posts, and remember its harmless to slowly go up in oral dose and test the symptoms. Like I've gotten the lethargy and slow heart taking excessive amounts, but never a headache.

Last edited:
B

Battered_Seoul

Experienced
Jun 13, 2018
Thank you for efforts. Forgive my illiteracy, but if this method fails does it mostly fail in a non-harmful, unpleasant form (diarrhea), and not in a permanent renal damaging way?

I wonder if it could be used in conjunction with drowning by inducing sedation; perhaps too slow?

Reactions: todienomore
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Thank you for efforts. Forgive my illiteracy, but if this method fails does it mostly fail in a non-harmful, unpleasant form (diarrhea), and not in a permanent renal damaging way?

I wonder if it could be used in conjunction with drowning by inducing sedation; perhaps too slow?
I dont think it stresses the kidneys. They just slowly chug along, slowly eliminating it in healthy people.

The risk I would be concerned about would be if you only reached respiratory depression and a slow heart rate. I think brain damage would be possible. For me the goal is to ensure asystole, which is when your pulse stops all together. Check out the symptom chart images in the early posts. In my experience, at low doses I was bloated, loose stools but when I took an excessive amount the gut was basically paralyzed. Stuff was moving but in a lazy way, we dont realize how our body pumps stuff through.

Keep in mind though, all these studies are based on people who were treated in the hospital. So maybe certain risks were mitigated early. I will think more on this question.

I think about 'drowning' in a binary method. I like that its tidy and gives strong assurance of success. My version is that the canoe or kayak leaks slowly after some delay and I am dumped with a weighted backpack. But it might take a couple hours to get to a full coma. I'm going to read more studies, I just got back to this topic.

Delayed ligature might also be possible, it doesn't take much force to be strangled, you don't have to hang. Ive seen case reports where a guy thew a backpack behind his car seat and the weight was enough to kill him.

Last edited:
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
Brain damage is caused by sodium too, have you seen the Chubbyemu video on soy sauce? If it takes a liter or more of sodium I don't think I'll be able to even get down that much and water is easier.

Last edited:
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Brain damage is caused by sodium too, have you seen the Chubbyemu video on soy sauce? If it takes a liter or more of sodium I don't think I'll be able to even get down that much and water is easier. I'll just keep drinking and drinking til I get sick and pass out. If I puke, I'll just drink again. Vomiting will induce the imbalance. Every method causes pain or nausea. I don't believe anything is painless. The hard part is drinking so much and that's where SI kicks in, and I give up thinking it won't work but I really need to go for it because I have no choice.

delete your post and actually read the thread, already answered. you are also now muted.

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
No. This is about sharing ideas and I'm going to leave it up so others know it causes brain damage as well.. because it can.