• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Anyone curious about what a SN suicide attempt would be like, wonder no more. There are plenty of threads about this but I've chosen to summarize my experience to add one more to the books.

First of all, I'm a healthy human. I have no documented physical illnesses, healthy as a horse.

I also took 1 mg of my sweet, sweet prescription lorazepam (Ativan) an hour prior to this, but it didn't seem to do much asides from curb my anxiety. Oh, and 1 g of paracetamol, which seemed to make the whole process quite painless.

Around 00:30, I said my goodbyes to everyone and logged off. I was locked in the bathroom while everyone was asleep. I had prepared a glass of a mixture of SN and water. I had a 100g bottle of SN and put 4 sloppily measured teaspoons in the glass, which would equal roughly to 15g.

I downed the glass. Honestly? It tasted horrible, but I could stomach it. It actually still tasted better than medicine. Only issue was that I immediately wanted something to wash the gross, salty taste down with, but plain water did help a bit. I put on some music and lied down on the pillows I had laid across the bathroom floor. And listening to my song, I waited.

I could feel my hand getting cold and fingers getting numb from a lack of oxygen. My heart was starting to really speed up. It didn't hurt, but it was kind of uncomfortable, so if you want 100% peace using this method yourself I recommend some more preparation, unless, of course, you don't mind. For me, it was bearable, but that might just have been because of the lorazepam I took.

Maybe 5 minutes in I was starting to feel nauseous. I expected this, so I had another glass prepared. Vomiting SN actually felt about the same as vomiting any other substance, so I was fine with it. I just had the end goal in mind.

What I didn't expect, however, was my dad knocking on the bathroom door. I tried hiding my stuff, but at that point I kind of knew I was screwed. I threw up soon after that, and then my dad called my mom, too. At that point it was maybe... 10 or so? minutes in. I felt weak but still managed to stand until I finally left the bathroom and stumbled really bad.

Five steps out of there, I passed out and crumpled on the floor like a ragdoll. I hardly remember it now but I know I willingly told my parents what substance it was since they'd have found it anyway. I remember moving around a bit but passed out at least two more times between those movements. I sounded a little loopy and I was barely conscious.

Then my parents called the ambulance. I was awake when the paramedics came, but passed out again when they carried me to and from the ambulance. I remember they put me on oxygen. Next thing I know I'm at intensive care hooked up to different IVs for hours. Nurses told me I was lucky to be alive.

Ironically, the hospital was actually the most painful part. I was told there was around 3g SN in my system and I was at roughly 67% methemoglobinemia when they got me. The IVs were painful (according to the nurses, this was because of the poisoning making me more sensitive) and I was really cold. I was also mildly delirious, but only in the sense of just really feeling out of it and my vision drifting. Some weird mental imagery too, but it was also mild.

I'm still hospitalized. Results showed anemia and liver damage, but I should be fine.

I find it funny that, had I not wanted to keep my dignity by not dying outside, if I left home and did it in the forest, I would've been long dead. But I'll take it as it is. I'm happy to provide you all with my experience.

Honestly? I think I did all this because I was bored. Bored with life. And I'm still bored, but the next time I make an attempt, I'll make it even better than this. Thanks for reading.

Feel free to ask questions if I missed anything. And yes, I'm going to be sent to a psych ward right after this. I'm fine with it, though.

Last edited:
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
Im sorry you had to experience this,it seems like you are better now

Reactions: kohaku
krsu

krsu

Jun 10, 2020
I hope you can make a full recovery and don't have any permanent life changing damages ;w; being attached to all those machines in hospitals suck from my experience as well

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Thanks for the report. It verifies the need for anti emetics.

Seems like with properly measured out SN, a 2nd drink after vomiting, and not getting busted by dad, this would have been successful.

In addition, 15g has failed for other members. And the OP wasn't very serious about the attempt.

Honestly? I think I did all this because I was bored. Bored with life. And I'm still bored, but the next time I make an attempt, I'll make it even better than this. Thanks for reading.

Also, OP has not said how much water was used. @krtgrf, do you know how much you used? And did you fast? If yes, for how long?

Last edited:
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Also, OP has not said how much water was used. @krtgrf, do you know how much you used? And did you fast? If yes, for how long?

Almost full glass of water for 15g.

I ate a glass of instant pea soup 5 hours prior, and 2 chocolate waffles 10 hours prior. By the time I puked I didn't see either of them in my vomit (it was red, no clue why, nothing I ate was red), so you should be able to enjoy eating lightly.

I'm 5'5", 158lbs in Freedom Units™ and 165cm 72kg in Europe units to anyone whom it may concern.

And yes, perhaps I wasn't very serious about my attempt, but I'm glad I did it anyway. The psychs here might be less useless if I don't manage to get out & now I know the viability of the method. Additionally, the nurses did say I would've been dead without intervention.

Last edited:
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
So 3g SN is already 67% methemoglobinemia wow
My number might be wrong but it was at least 60%. And my guess is some might have already converted into something else in the body?

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
You said you managed to stand and then passed. I'm thinking... Maybe if one takes Sn when in bed and tries to move then it will be quicker.
I was in and out, honestly. It was kinda crazy. Too dazed to be uncomfortable, though. I'd say it's like 10 minutes of a crazy fast heartbeat and then you're too dizzy to function.

PLEASE DO NOTE, though, I did take lorazepam and paracetamol. Preparation is important if you wish to pass comfortably.

bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
Did the hospital give you methylene blue to counteract the SN?

kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Did the hospital give you methylene blue to counteract the SN?
Yeah, figured that was an obvious one. Two bags of it, I think. Took them like an hour. They also gave me magnesium and a ton of saline.

Reactions: bravotess
M

mem12

Student
Jun 24, 2020
I was in and out, honestly. It was kinda crazy. Too dazed to be uncomfortable, though. I'd say it's like 10 minutes of a crazy fast heartbeat and then you're too dizzy to function.

PLEASE DO NOTE, though, I did take lorazepam and paracetamol. Preparation is important if you wish to pass comfortably.
I have everything for 2 days regiment. But I have never indigested Sn so I don't know what to expect. So I'm just anxious about passing out bit.... Also, I have history of gastritis so my stomach is sensitive. Tbh I'm jealous of people and you who experienced Sn and know what it is .... I think it is a realise.

Reactions: kohaku
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I ate a glass of instant pea soup 5 hours prior, and 2 chocolate waffles 10 hours prior. By the time I puked I didn't see either of them in my vomit (it was red, no clue why, nothing I ate was red), so you should be able to enjoy eating lightly.

I don't mean to be pedantic but I'd caution that's not universal advice. Everyone's digestion and metabolism is different. Your stomach may have been empty after five hours but not everyone's.

For general info, it's mentioned in Stan's guide that 8 hours is recommended, but some may only need 4-6 hours of fasting and to know one's own body.

Also, this experience highlights that individual bodies are different. OP used only 15g in an excessive amount of water, vomited, and still may have died if not interrupted, was already at 67% methemoglobinemia (If I understand correctly, the goal is 70% or more, see blood test thread, not sure if that target goal is addressed in other threads but would be helpful to know). If I recall correctly from Stan and/or Philip Nitschke, the point of having a regimen is to account for everyone if possible, in spite of individual differences, and to have the highest amount of SN with the right amount of water without pushing it to the point that an excessive amount of SN could actually interfere with the goal. But do your own research on everything I've written here, don't just believe it, I'm recalling what I read 7 or 8 months ago and may be regurgitating the baseless opinions of another uninformed forum member. Before planning and committing to an SN attempt, imo it's good to at the very least read Stan's guide and the SN Resource, both linked in the Resource Compilation.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Thanks so much for sharing. From what you've reported, I do believe that, even with the deviations from the protocol, you more than likely would have died if not found. It's a reminder of the lethality of this method and that the specifics of the protocol aid both comfort and speed of the process. If deviating from the protocol, you need to account for those changes.

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Hi there,

I survived an SN attempt aswell, I think it was in july.. They locked me up in the ward soon after.. I wish this doesnt happen to you and wish you a recovery! It hurts being stuck in this shithole forever.

Now I'd just like to ask, what do you mean by 'bored with life'? Is it really that boring to the point you'd want to ctb? It's really something I don't understand. I'm the type of person who finds looking at a fly interesting.

Wish you the best!!

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Hi there,

I survived an SN attempt aswell, I think it was in july.. They locked me up in the ward soon after.. I wish this doesnt happen to you and wish you a recovery! It hurts being stuck in this shithole forever.

Now I'd just like to ask, what do you mean by 'bored with life'? Is it really that boring to the point you'd want to ctb? It's really something I don't understand. I'm the type of person who finds looking at a fly interesting.

Wish you the best!!

How was your experience in comparison to OPs? Did someone find you as well?

Reactions: fat feet
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
This would be a classic call for help or attention, not a serious attempt.
Taking less (15g at most) than the lethal dose (20-25g), not taking anti-emetics previously, and above all doing it in a sole bathroom while living with parents - could only mean this person did not really wish to die, which is perfectly fine, "boredom" is certainly not a legitimate reason to end such a young life.

But this could barely be called "a failed attempt". It was not a serious attempt and was destined to fail from the very start.

Get your act together and try to fix your life, because that is what you really want to do.
The "next time" and "an EVEN BETTER attempt" would have to involve a lot more determination, preparation and planning.
Postpone all this for some time, and give yourself several more YEARS, because one day this may very well be just a bad memory.

Attempts like this one don't prove anything about the lethality of the SN method.
It's like jumping from the 2nd floor on grass or cutting one's wrists sideways and calling it a "failed attempt".

Last edited:
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
How was your experience in comparison to OPs? Did someone find you as well?
Was quite different since I did not drink the whole cup. Was found while drinking it (slowly because I was afraid and not sure about my decision). Anyway i spent some time in the hospital on oxygen. It dropped to about 85~ something%. Overall experience in the hospital and ward was trash.