• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

final weekz

May 3, 2024
Why can't you get a flowmeter sooner than 3 weeks? Im not a pro but no one is gonna recommend doing this without a flowmeter .
Because i didnt find any with more than 10L/min of measure capacity that would get send before those 3 weeks and i dont know of any store that can sell that kind of stuff while the presure valves should be easy to find

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Because i didnt find any with more than 10L/min of measure capacity that would get send before those 3 weeks and i dont know of any store that can sell that kind of stuff while the presure valves should be easy to find
I just ordered something from Ali baba, (Shanghai china). It arrived to unite states in less than a week.

limeoctave

limeoctave

welcome home old friend, how was your life?
Mar 24, 2024
looks similar to mine
when you tested your hood with nitrogen flow, did you feel like all the exhaled air went through the exhalation valve? did you have any bad feelings like from co2?

S

simplymiserable

Hi
May 21, 2023
Can I get some feedback on my setup? Is is possible I've missed out anything important? Just really anxious that something will go wrong and I'll turn into a vegetable

The cylinder is a 3.5l I think the cylinder content was 200 bar? Forgot the measurements.

The biggest struggle was getting the adapter but there seems to be nothing like wrong with it. I did not use a wrench to fasten it but obviously I'll take more precaution on the actual day.

how do you check if the demand valve is on? Are there any signs beyond pressing the in button?

From what I gather if you use an EEBD hood it constantly exhausts n2 from the tank regardless. Should I swap to this method to ensure the tank empties after using? Scba mask will leave some remnants in the tank right? If it does will it become an issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
Hi all - such a great thread! I read it over the course of a few days, so many ups and downs, but a lot of useful information.

I'd just like to make sure I'm on the right page here, and that I'm not missing anything really obvious. I have:
- Exit bags (plural, to allow testing) made from oven bags
- D-size AU Nitrogen canister (99.6% "Food Grade") - they didn't have a smaller one, but that's fine. Plenty to test with.
- Combined Nitrogen regulator/flowmeter thingy (see photo below)
- Barb adapter for tubing (in transit)
- A bunch of oxygen tubing (in transit)

I'm going to be testing the feel of N2 tonight, using just the chunky hose that came with the regulator and a test bag, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something stupidly obvious. Once all the bits get here, I'll look at posting a more complete setup.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1715157200312.png
    1715157200312.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
Hi all - such a great thread! I read it over the course of a few days, so many ups and downs, but a lot of useful information.

I'd just like to make sure I'm on the right page here, and that I'm not missing anything really obvious. I have:
- Exit bags (plural, to allow testing) made from oven bags
- D-size AU Nitrogen canister (99.6% "Food Grade") - they didn't have a smaller one, but that's fine. Plenty to test with.
- Combined Nitrogen regulator/flowmeter thingy (see photo below)
- Barb adapter for tubing (in transit)
- A bunch of oxygen tubing (in transit)

I'm going to be testing the feel of N2 tonight, using just the chunky hose that came with the regulator and a test bag, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something stupidly obvious. Once all the bits get here, I'll look at posting a more complete setup.

Thanks!
hi, idk what your complete setup will include, so here are some items that may be helpful, sorry if you already have them in mind

- hose clamps
- other components for exit bag (elastic, cord stopper for elastic, sticky tape/micropore tape)
- soap spray/special gas detector spray (for gas leaking check)
- finger oximeter (if you want to check the drop of oxygen in blood)
- armchair
- straps for cylinder and body

not everything on this list is required, but it may be helpful

Last edited:
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
hi, idk what your complete setup will include, so here are some items that may be helpful, sorry if you already have them in mind

- hose clamps
- other components for exit bag (elastic, cord stopper for elastic, sticky tape/micropore tape)
- soap spray/special gas detector spray (for gas leaking check)
- finger oximeter (if you want to check the drop of oxygen in blood)
- armchair
- straps for cylinder and body

not everything on this list is required, but it may be helpful
Thanks for the feedback, very helpful list!

With the bags, I have them assembled and ready to go - one without elastic to allow easy and less risky testing.

I've been testing with a finger oximeter and the test bag (not tight, held loosely so I can drop it) tonight to the point of blacking out. Definitely feels like it's going to work easily which is great!

The canister and flowmeter is set up well, I have hose clamps and accessories available for when the tubing arrives - have worked with commercial gas before.

Regarding the chair/straps I'm still working out the exact logistics, but have a number of options available that include restraints where required. Nothing as elaborate as some of the ones I've seen on here though.

Cheers

limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
I've been testing with a finger oximeter and the test bag (not tight, held loosely so I can drop it) tonight to the point of blacking out.
did you lose consciousness during the test? (i apologize, my English is not very good, so i might misinterpret smth)

if so, did you have any bad, uncomfortable feelings? do you know how long it took? and what was your oxygen level at that moment?

ofc if you don't mind answering these questions

Reactions: outrider567
K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Within this thread, I've seen alot of posters talking about " the blackout test". Is there a thread on this? Is there a particular procedure ? What exactly is this .

Last edited:
Reactions: limeoctave
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
did you lose consciousness during the test? (i apologize, my English is not very good, so i might misinterpret smth)

if so, did you have any bad, uncomfortable feelings? do you know how long it took? and what was your oxygen level at that moment?

ofc if you don't mind answering these questions
I did once. It felt like fainting, getting a little dizzy between breaths, then going black. No discomfort or SI during this process (detailed below). I didn't have a timer going, so I'm not sure exactly how long it was, but I had a TV show going in the background and it was very similar to when you're watching TV while really tired, and just miss a little bit of the show when you blink but not enough to completely lose track of what's going on - so I imagine it was only a few seconds.

Afterwards, I had a little discomfort in my chest, tighness, but no worse than I've had after a workout or hyperventilating. This went away after about an hour, and today (after sleeping) I feel completely fine. The lowest reading I remember seeing on the oximeter was 46, but it's a cheapy Amazonian one and lags quite a bit, and I'm not sure how accurate it is. The oximeter was literally just there to ensure the N2 was working as expected the first couple of times, and I probably won't wear it going forward.

I will probably do it again today, and will try and record it on my phone so I have a better idea of how long, and if there's any weirdness.

Within this thread, I've seen alot of posters talking about " the blackout test". Is there a thread on this? Is there a particular procedure ? What exactly is this .
The test I did, based on how I understand all of this to work, was:
- Set up the N2 as detailed in this thread, 20lpm, tubing, etc
- Hold an empty oven bag around the end of the tube and turn on the cylinder
- Wait until the bag is almost full
- Deep exhale (no hyperventilating)
- Hold bag opening over my face (N2 tube is still in the bag, held against my cheek), inhale deeply
- Continue to breathe into the bag, letting it a little loose on exhale to ensure gas is purging
- Start feeling dizzy/wobbly, can't hold the bag properly
- Once the bag falls, normal breathing recovers

So, the first time I just did this until I felt dizzy, watched the oximeter show me that it's clearly working, no feeling of choking, no SI. So I stopped. About an hour later I tried it again, this time held the bag until I lost consciousness. Wasted a bit of N2 since the tubing was loose after I dropped the bag, but not a considerable amount. I don't feel it would be possible to turn off the cylinder at the right time to continue to test (or ctb) without the N2 flowing as it happens too quickly.

I'm sure there's other ways to do it, but that's what I've pieced together for myself.

Based on these experiences, I am convinced this is how I will go.

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
I did once. It felt like fainting, getting a little dizzy between breaths, then going black. No discomfort or SI during this process (detailed below). I didn't have a timer going, so I'm not sure exactly how long it was, but I had a TV show going in the background and it was very similar to when you're watching TV while really tired, and just miss a little bit of the show when you blink but not enough to completely lose track of what's going on - so I imagine it was only a few seconds.

Afterwards, I had a little discomfort in my chest, tighness, but no worse than I've had after a workout or hyperventilating. This went away after about an hour, and today (after sleeping) I feel completely fine. The lowest reading I remember seeing on the oximeter was 46, but it's a cheapy Amazonian one and lags quite a bit, and I'm not sure how accurate it is. The oximeter was literally just there to ensure the N2 was working as expected the first couple of times, and I probably won't wear it going forward.

I will probably do it again today, and will try and record it on my phone so I have a better idea of how long, and if there's any weirdness.

- Hold bag opening over my face (N2 tube is still in the bag, held against my cheek), inhale deeply
- Continue to breathe into the bag, letting it a little loose on exhale to ensure gas is purging

So, the first time I just did this until I felt dizzy, watched the oximeter show me that it's clearly working, no feeling of choking, no SI. So I stopped. About an hour later I tried it again, this time held the bag until I lost consciousness. Wasted a bit of N2 since the tubing was loose after I dropped the bag, but not a considerable amount. I don't feel it would be possible to turn off the cylinder at the right time to continue to test (or ctb) without the N2 flowing as it happens too quickly.

I'm sure there's other ways to do it, but that's what I've pieced together for myself.

What did it feel like to lose c9mciousness did you dream or anything ? How long did it take ? How'd you feel upon awaken8ng ?
I tried just breathing the tube in my mouth , I got drenched in sweat, prob from SI , stopped before oxygen got below 75

Last edited:
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
What did it feel like to lose c9mciousness did you dream or anything ? How long did it take ? How'd you feel upon awaken8ng ?
I tried just breathing the tube in my mouth , I got drenched in sweat, prob from SI , stopped before oxygen got below 75
Personally it just felt like I drifted to sleep while tired, watching the show. It didn't feel "dreamy" or anything, but it didn't feel abnormally blank either. I'll have to try it again later today (people are in the house until late) and take more detailed notes. Sorry if this isn't really helpful.

limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024

thank you, this is very informative and very helpful

limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
i didn't seem to see the thread about this. it's just test with inert gas to lose consciousness and not ctb, as i understand

you can do it with a SCUBA setup, or with a Mylar Balloon, as said in this message, don't know about SCBA

here are some messages about the blackout test from my bookmarks, maybe there is more information about it that can be found using the search function

Last edited:
Reactions: kudaphillips
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

The oximeter read 46 and you were still inhaling Nitrogen?? The lag effect means your O2 was actually below 25, which results in unconciousness---The lag effect is why I took my hood off at 78, it then dropped to 40--Anyway, it certainly seems your Nitrogen is pure enough to CTB with
Personally it just felt like I drifted to sleep while tired, watching the show. It didn't feel "dreamy" or anything, but it didn't feel abnormally blank either. I'll have to try it again later today (people are in the house until late) and take more detailed notes. Sorry if this isn't really helpful.
So it felt like just drifting off to sleep, which is good, and that's why I chose Nitrogen as my method

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: itsme777
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
The oximeter read 46 and you were still inhaling Nitrogen?? The lag effect means your O2 was actually below 25, which results in unconciousness---The lag effect is why I took my hood off at 78, it then dropped to 40--Anyway, it certainly seems your Nitrogen is pure enough to CTB with
I assume the oximeter either isn't super accurate, or my memory is faulty. Could be either honestly, given the circumstances. I am looking at running another test in the morning when my housemate is at work, since I don't want to run the risk of getting the kit out when they're around.

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
I assume the oximeter either isn't super accurate, or my memory is faulty. Could be either honestly, given the circumstances. I am looking at running another test in the morning when my housemate is at work, since I don't want to run the risk of getting the kit out when they're around.
Sounds good, looking forward to it

limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
it should also be noted that finger oximeters are not as accurate as a blood test, and that the accuracy of the oximeter decreases as the saturation decreases

Reactions: JyeGuru
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
it should also be noted that finger oximeters are not as accurate as a blood test, and that the accuracy of the oximeter decreases as the saturation decreases
So I just tested more today and recorded it so I could watch it back and see. I also hooked up the proper tubing to the test bag (since the things arrived today). Without the weight of the chunky welding hose in the bag it was much easier to hold. Unfortunately, watching back, it doesn't seem like I actually passed out in either of the tests I did today.

First test I was sitting up holding the bag against my mouth, deep breathing in through my mouth and out through my nose, 20lpm enough to keep the bag reinflated between deep breaths. Oddly, deep breathing seemed to make the process take longer than the test the other day. I did feel much more dizzy after a few breaths than I did the first time, and felt like I was about to lose consciousness, but never quite managed it. Oximeter seemed to hover in the 50s/60s. I assume it was just that I was getting "air leaks" when breathing.

So, second test, I was reclining in bed - didn't want to lie down completely as there's a risk the bag would end up falling onto my face and causing suffocation and distress. This time I did similar to my original test - bag held over both nose and mouth, with a loose bit under my chin to allow purging. Exhale, bag, inhale, then attempting to breathe normally through the bag - definitely felt faster, and I would swear I blacked out, but watching the video back it seems like it was only for a second, if at all. It just looked like I slumped over, dropped the bag, and then sat up. It's very difficult to record the oximeter, and I now regret not getting one of those bluetooth ones that have an app. Lowest reading I can clearly see on the video is 58 which isn't helpful.

I am convinced that the N2 is pure enough, the method is sound, and the process seems like it's going to work. I've got at least 5 hours before someone will expect me somewhere, so I'm going to test with an actual exit bag now - just put the elastic under my nose, so I should be able to recover easily. I've set up my scheduled messages just in case something goes wrong (right?) and will include a timed reply to this thread if I can. Hopefully I'll be back to cancel it shortly, but if not, now is as good a time as any.

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
So I just tested more today and recorded it so I could watch it back and see. I also hooked up the proper tubing to the test bag (since the things arrived today). Without the weight of the chunky welding hose in the bag it was much easier to hold. Unfortunately, watching back, it doesn't seem like I actually passed out in either of the tests I did today.

First test I was sitting up holding the bag against my mouth, deep breathing in through my mouth and out through my nose, 20lpm enough to keep the bag reinflated between deep breaths. Oddly, deep breathing seemed to make the process take longer than the test the other day. I did feel much more dizzy after a few breaths than I did the first time, and felt like I was about to lose consciousness, but never quite managed it. Oximeter seemed to hover in the 50s/60s. I assume it was just that I was getting "air leaks" when breathing.

So, second test, I was reclining in bed - didn't want to lie down completely as there's a risk the bag would end up falling onto my face and causing suffocation and distress. This time I did similar to my original test - bag held over both nose and mouth, with a loose bit under my chin to allow purging. Exhale, bag, inhale, then attempting to breathe normally through the bag - definitely felt faster, and I would swear I blacked out, but watching the video back it seems like it was only for a second, if at all. It just looked like I slumped over, dropped the bag, and then sat up. It's very difficult to record the oximeter, and I now regret not getting one of those bluetooth ones that have an app. Lowest reading I can clearly see on the video is 58 which isn't helpful.

I am convinced that the N2 is pure enough, the method is sound, and the process seems like it's going to work. I've got at least 5 hours before someone will expect me somewhere, so I'm going to test with an actual exit bag now - just put the elastic under my nose, so I should be able to recover easily. I've set up my scheduled messages just in case something goes wrong (right?) and will include a timed reply to this thread if I can. Hopefully I'll be back to cancel it shortly, but if not, now is as good a time as any.
Thanks for update . Keep us in the loop I wonder if you just put tube directly in mouth ? I guess you'd def black out but I guess the point is to test your bag….or is it just to test what blacking out is like ?

Reactions: JyeGuru
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
Ok, so that worked as anticipated, much easier than holding the bag, however, I definitely had a slight feeling of suffocation and shortness of breath when regaining consciousness - not enough to panic, but I imagine it would be worse if it was a fully failed acual attempt. I also have the slight discomfort in my chest that I got the other day after testing, but I'm not sure if that's related to the CO2 or N2 or just the amount of heavy breathing I've done today.

Timed messages cancelled, time to have a shower, put the "I'm not suicidal" mask back on, and deal with another day.

Thanks for update . Keep us in the loop I wonder if you just put tube directly in mouth ? I guess you'd def black out but I guess the point is to test your bag….or is it just to test what blacking out is like ?
It's kinda both, because I'm the kind of person that wants to know every detail about everything. I am also trying to see if I experience SI as it gets riskier, which is something I don't really understand well. Also testing my tolerances.

Funnily enough, I think I have now experienced involuntary unconsciousness from N2 more than I have from natural instances or pharmaceuticals. My metabolism sucks, in that I have a high tolerance to caffeine, alcohol, and various pharma I've tried both recreationally and prescribed. That's why this method is so appealing, because I don't think it's possible to really have a "tolerance to low atmosphere" or something to the point where it wouldn't work. Previous failed attempts have all been a result of my fucked body, so I'm trying to remove that from the equation.

Reactions: k1w1
K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Ok, so that worked as anticipated, much easier than holding the bag, however, I definitely had a slight feeling of suffocation and shortness of breath when regaining consciousness - not enough to panic, but I imagine it would be worse if it was a fully failed acual attempt. I also have the slight discomfort in my chest that I got the other day after testing, but I'm not sure if that's related to the CO2 or N2 or just the amount of heavy breathing I've done today.

Timed messages cancelled, time to have a shower, put the "I'm not suicidal" mask back on, and deal with another day.

It's kinda both, because I'm the kind of person that wants to know every detail about everything. I am also trying to see if I experience SI as it gets riskier, which is something I don't really understand well. Also testing my tolerances.

Funnily enough, I think I have now experienced involuntary unconsciousness from N2 more than I have from natural instances or pharmaceuticals. My metabolism sucks, in that I have a high tolerance to caffeine, alcohol, and various pharma I've tried both recreationally and prescribed. That's why this method is so appealing, because I don't think it's possible to really have a "tolerance to low atmosphere" or something to the point where it wouldn't work. Previous failed attempts have all been a result of my fucked body, so I'm trying to remove that from the equation
Any Info on how l9ng it took and how long you were out etc ? You had air hunger , but did you hyperventilate?
Yes I don't understand sI either. It's my only thing holding me back . I basically have every method as an option, but cant pull the trigger. ( literally )

Last edited:
J

JyeGuru

May 2, 2024
Any Info on how l9ng it took and how long you were out etc ? You had air hunger , but did you hyperventilate?
Yes I don't understand sI either. It's my only thing holding me back . I basically have every method as an option, but cant pull the trigger. ( literally )
I didn't record it, because I didn't want that to be on my phone if it went too far. It felt that it was only a couple of seconds, the same song was playing so it wasn't long at all. Took only a few breaths. I did not hyperventilate beforehand, so it may have been that.

I don't get SI as in I don't feel I have it, unless it's not as overwhelming as it is often described? I don't have access to firearms, so I can't tell if that would be different. But I have often considered just stepping over balcony railings and things - the resistance is more the lack of certainty it would work, than any feeling of self preservation.

Last edited:
Reactions: kudaphillips
itsme777

itsme777

Mar 19, 2024
Tried breathing nitrogen from plastic bag twice now. Second attempt it took a few minutes for it to fill up and me to breathe properly into the bag only. o2 levels went from 99% to 75% in 20 seconds. I stopped then as I was feeling a bit strange and needed to check gas flow etc. 15 minute later my o2 levels are only 89% still
Gonna try again, but need to recover I think?

• Informative
K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Tried breathing nitrogen from plastic bag twice now. Second attempt it took a few minutes for it to fill up and me to breathe properly into the bag only. o2 levels went from 99% to 75% in 20 seconds. I stopped then as I was feeling a bit strange and needed to check gas flow etc. 15 minute later my o2 levels are only 89% still
Gonna try again, but need to recover I think?
I don't think you can do this without mixing in ambient air on your inhales . Unless the bag is completely over for face. Jyeguru^ tried testing the same way and didn't work, then said put in over nose and worked . Have you tested your nitrogen percentage ? If it's 99% you should lose consciousness , if you don't, something's wrong , air is getting in .

Also, recover? Do you feel bad after the test ?

itsme777

itsme777

Mar 19, 2024
Tried again almost the same result. No I can't test the nitrogen would have to buy and expensive measurer
I felt lightheaded and oxygen levels stay low for 10-30 min after

Maybe I should try with it completely on?

K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Tried again almost the same result. No I can't test the nitrogen would have to buy and expensive measurer
I felt lightheaded and oxygen levels stay low for 10-30 min after

Maybe I should try with it completely on?
Maybe just inhale from the tube directly in your mouth so you don't still have bag on when you pass out if you're just trying to test the purity of the nitrogen .
Or if you can have it on your head someway to wear it will come off when you pass out .

Or if you're trying to ctb right now , maybe try the procedure correctly , and if you're not passed out In a minute , abort