• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Im not at all bothered by extreme violence or gore, or blood, or corpses. I dont understand why some people are so shocked by death, for me its normal. As my grandpa died, i didnt react at all, i simply did not care. I dont understand why "normal" people get so emotional because of death. Is anyone here too desensitized to violence, and death?

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I was like that long before I discovered gore videos and violent video games. I don't like how living forms wither and rot away, and becoming swarmed with parasites. Corpses are fine for me though, I doubt they are capable of experiencing pain and suffering.

Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Having worked in some places that really are smoldering with underlying hatred and violence I can tell you having to respond when one person eviscerates another you learn to tighten up your emotions.

Working in a correctional facility with the most dangerous I can say that when you observe acts of violence on a daily basis you become immune I suppose. After all; when you can take what amounts to a "medical clean up kit" (nice way of saying a gut shovel) and remove the remains of a human being i(as in body parts) and out them in a five gallon bucket; wash your hands and sit down to a taco dinner in the chow hall with the inmates I would say you've desensitized.

Thoughts?

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Having worked in some places that really are smoldering with underlying hatred and violence I can tell you having to respond when one person eviscerates another you learn to tighten up your emotions.

Working in a correctional facility with the most dangerous I can say that when you observe acts of violence on a daily basis you become immune I suppose. After all; when you can take what amounts to a "medical clean up kit" (nice way of saying a gut shovel) and remove the remains of a human being (as in body parts) and wash your hands and sit down to a taco dinner in the chow hall with the inmates I would say you've desensitized.

Thoughts?

Yes, its a natural defense mechanism, otherwise you would break down mentally.

Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Yes, its a natural defense mechanism, otherwise you would break down mentally.

Indubitaly.
No I'm bothered by it and I'm bothered others aren't bothered.

This may sound insane; but I truly wish I could feel as you do. It's like something inside me died and finding feeling for someone who is suffering because of extreme violence always feels just out of my grasp. I feel hollow somehow.

Last edited:
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Then why are you bothered by sexual stuff?

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Oh lol okay. Your questions are like a social experiment. That's fine. What you'll learn is nothing makes sense and the worlds insane

irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
I wish I didn't care so much, but when I see violence or someone injured, even just hearing of injury I physically feel their pain in me. If I see someones hand get broken on tv, I'll get this tingly pain in my hand, so on so forth. It's very aggrevating, and I wish I could just feel nothing towards it all. Emotionally I don't, just feeling it physically really fuckes me up

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
^
That's empathy. You don't even have to care you just feel what they're feeling. It's not something you should want to get rid of it's something really useful I think more people could benefit from having

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
^
That's empathy. You don't even have to care you just feel what they're feeling. It's not something you should want to get rid of it's something really useful I think more people could benefit from having

I lack empathy, i do have empathy, but not much.

Reactions: irregularheartbeat
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
^
I've read things from you that suggest otherwise but I also read you faked it. I think that still shows you caring to some extent.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Im not at all bothered by extreme violence or gore, or blood, or corpses. I dont understand why some people are so shocked by death, for me its normal. As my grandpa died, i didnt react at all, i simply did not care. I dont understand why "normal" people get so emotional because of death. Is anyone here too desensitized to violence, and death?

Because "normal" means they adhere to society's standards of what normal human being is supposed to act and feel like. And one thing he's supposed to be is to be shocked, devastated and upset by violence. Recently there was a pretty graphic vid from Russia where during a confrontation a guy stabbed another guy in the throat repeatedly, at a public park. As soon as he started stabbing him a girl who was with a separate group started screaming in a most crazy way. She was utterly horrified. So under this vid one guy commented sarcasticly 'Thank God there was a girl nearby to scream', and it drew many likes. And I replied to him "if she wouldn't be around you may have just forgotten that what happened was a deeply horrific, shocking crazyness. She was rightfuly out of her mind". I was actually sarcastic too, I meant it as a satire on society imposing crazyness on people. Yet my comment drew likes as well and something tells me those who liked it they took it seriously. That's how folks are.

Still this to me doesn't mean that whenether somebody is upset it's necessarily his conditioning speaking. One thing is if I like somebody, care about him and then he dies - I won't really be in a mood for party. There's gonna be sorrow. No way around it. So I must ask - did you actually like your grandpa?

Reactions: 262653
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
You think we're conditioned to be horrified by this? Then why's it legal? I think quite the opposite and you've fallen victim to it. That girls reaction was the right one. btw nice cat

Last edited:
W

WeekofWonder

Oct 22, 2018
Seeing humans and animals suffer hurts me, but after seeing shit like the Dniepropetrovsk Maniacs video I guess I grew somehow immune to it at this point.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
It doesn't just hurt them now but everyone who sees it

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
You think we're conditioned to be horrified by this? Then why's it legal? I think quite the opposite and you've fallen victim to it. btw nice cat

What's legal? Stabbing a guy in the throat? Although I think you mean showing the vid. Freedom of information. Although you can bet they will blur the hell of it on TV. There's a conditioning against violence and against not feeling upset enough when violence and death happens. It's everywhere. Society have a major expectation that people feel bad when something like this happens and if you don't then you're gonna be looked down upon at the bare minimum. There's nothing even close to a such an intimidation in the opposite direction, so nothing for me to fall victim to. Nobody is gonna shame me for taking others pain too heavily. The cat is an asshole, don't be fooled by his whiskers :smiling:

Reactions: Baskol1 and 262653
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Every movie has a guy weilding a gun on the front cover. There's an equal argument to be made desensitization is the goal. It's made to look like they want it to stop but really it's profitable for it to continue. If you don't care why don't you? Ever asked yourself that? It doesn't have that much shame attached to it or I doubt you'd be saying it. Some are even proud of it. So really it's way more normal than it should be

Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I don't like violence or gore at all, but I used to work at a cemetery, so dead bodies that have been prepared for burial and cremated remains don't bother me as much as it might someone else. I just had to make peace with it as a natural part of life.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Oh yeah every movie has a guy weilding a gun on the front cover. A guy who protects others from violence. A guy who punishes others for violence. Like I told you - nobody is pressuring me towards not caring. So if I don't care then that's just how I am. Unlike when everybody is pressuring me towards caring. Which has HUGE deal of shame attached to it. And me being able to say it here doesn't really cancel any of it out. And neither those who pride themselves on not caring.

Reactions: Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
It's interesting how we as humans should be disgusted by gore, and yet for years, hangings of criminals were seen as "entertainment" for people, and movies are full of violence. Take the filmmaker , Quentin Tarantino. All his movies are violent and gory, yet people love them. He even gets awards for them.

Society: Violence is bad. We should not glorify it.

Also society: *makes a movies and multiple documentaries about Ted Bundy all in 2019*

Last edited: