• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
Personally, it depends on the illness and just the person. No two people with a mental disorder will be the same, or handle it the same. I think It wouldn't bother me either way, so long as they're the right type of person. If they're caring, kind, compassionate, with just a little ambition, I don't care if they have a mental illness or physical disability, or anything like that. Now there are some illnesses that would likely make someone incompatible and they would be lacking traits that I feel are important. Like someone with BPD might be hard to be with and be their "favorite person," and I think that would be too exhausting for me, but I've also never dated anyone with BPD so I cannot say for certain.

When I first read the question, I also wondered if someone who had a mental illness would understand me better, but I ultimately came to the conclusion that there's no guarantee of that, so I guess my answer isn't no, it isn't yet, it is a "just depends on the scenario," and that suits me just fine!

CozyTime

CozyTime

Death should be a free choice
Feb 16, 2019
It can be explosive, it can be toxic but it might also be the most comforting experience in your life and make you feel as if your struggles and thoughts aren't actually crazy but rather an appropriate reaction to what has happened to you.

These things can all happen in the same one.

I think if you are a person that wants a spiritual connection on this level where you both can understand eachothers feelings for life itself I think it can be a good idea.

Overall though for 90% of people I think getting together with someone who doesn't understand but cares for you with their entire heart and can put in effort to help you with yours is the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere