• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Surely killing yourself infront of someone is not quite the same as your dead body being found by someone days after the fact. I'm sure it's traumatic regardless, but the former is likely be more traumatic. I don't think it's very common for someone to ctb infront of someone though.
Exactly, this isn't a "found body" situation, the video is from a live ctb attempt. Both are traumatic, but they are not comparable. I feel bad for people clicking on the link expecting one video but being confronted with another.

C

Cosis

Feb 7, 2023
Overall, I agree. I am planning CTB and I am aware that it will ruin the life of my family (especially my mother).
However, I'm going to be "selfish" and hasten the inevitable, because there's nothing waiting for me here anyway. Unfortunately, this is the consequence of CTB. I don't think the OP is panic-mongering. These are simply facts.
If anyone has any loved ones, your death will hit them. There is no perfect solution. Nobody said life and death were easy. I believe that everyone should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of their decisions. I have already made a decision and I know that I want to die, but I also know the consequences of this decision.

I currently don't care who finds my body first. I probably won't care anymore.
Sometimes you have to be selfish.
Never understood why others are allowed to be selfish.

"I just waste time talking to you. You never get better","I'm not your therapist","Stop whining to me all the time".

But when you're selfish its wrong.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Your point had nothing to do with that except for calling most people here "mentally challenged", which is a pretty wild assertion to make against people who are aware of their own actions, dare I repeat myself?
All I'm saying is, that if you don't give a sh*t about someone who loves you, (like your mother) finding you hanging by a noose or with your brains blown out on the floor, then I think you might have some mental issues, since you clear don't understand basic empathy - sorry, but that's just my opinion. I am (as most people on here) also not completely mentally "stable", since I also suffer from depression, anxiety and OCD - so obviously I'm not looking down on people with mental illnesses. I just find it strange, selfish and borderline psychopathic to not give a shit about something as brutal as being splattered on the floor in front of your own mother - just my honest opinion.

I think I will stop commenting further on this thread and just "agree to disagree".

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
We use the term guilt tripping in this forum to describe people who want to emotionally blackmail others into staying alive and I hate to break it to you, it doesn't fly well here. Would my parents be sad if I died? Possibly. Does it matter for my own decision if I want to exercise my right to die? No. Because one of the most important reasons why I'm suffering right now is my parents giving birth to me almost three decades ago. I'm the one who is suffering and I have a right to exercise my individual autonomy to end my life, period. No amount of guilt tripping will change that and while it's a noble task to take certain measures to reduce harm to others, you have no moral duty to do that.
My point is. I don't think informing people of what their actions can do to others is always the case of preventing them from committing said action. In some cases it can actually help people get a different perspective and seek help if possible. In cases like yours and possibly mine no amount of that information will deter the individuals from committing the act. But I don't think that it shouldn't be tried.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
My point is, that if you have no empathy and can't understand, that killing yourself in front of your own mother is probably her worst nightmare, then I really don't know what to say.
Literally nobody said that. I do not see the justification for calling other people clearly mentally retarded doors because they slightly disagree with your viewpoint, or you're unable to read their posts, or you're unable to see the viewpoint of others. Ergo, that the viewpoints and opinions in this thread could definitely be represented in a more respectful, engaging and considerate manner.

For starters, not calling people retarded doors and misrepresenting the other side using strawman fallacies.

Last edited:
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
All I'm saying is, that if you don't give a sh*t about someone who loves you, (like your mother) finding you hanging by a noose or with your brains blown out on the floor, then I think you might have some mental issues, since you clear don't understand basic empathy - sorry, but that's just my opinion
Why are you making assertions here, first you edited your comment from "retarded" to "mentally challenged" thinking that would make it sound better and now your asserting that I don't carry the ability to exercise basic empathy for those left behind, I think about that everyday so it doesn't mean that I have mental issues, I'm sure others do as well.

Your opinion in itself is sorry.
I just find it strange, selfish and borderline psychopathic to not give a shit about something as brutal as being splattered on the floor in front of your own mother - just my honest opinion.
That initially wasn't your point was it? I responded to your wild claim because I don't think it's true, it's not reflective of the mental capacity of many here who already have so much to contemplate daily in their own lives away from this forum.

casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
For @DreamEnd and @Oliver
There's obviously two views that we can take here but they're effectively the same. Person A is hurting and to resolve this they resort to suicide. Scenario A: Person B is fine and has no reason to commit suicide.
Isolated from each other it's difficult to attribute any moral view of suicide and therefore their actions are independent of each other. Similar in reverse.

Scenario B: In the case where Person A and Person B are related in any way then it's easy to say that their emotional states are intertwined and therefore suicide is unacceptable to one or the other. This is however ONLY true if they REALLY are intertwined. So if we assume that they aren't intertwined then this is the same as Scenario A.

It's safe to assume that the vast majority of people on this forum are in Scenario B. Perceived or real is irrelevant since a similar position exists on the anti suicide perspective in both scenarios. Obviously which perspective affects perceptions for Persons A and B. This is true psychologically and it's why it's careless to produce these kinds of videos and instead provide support to the suicidal person usually through shifting perspectives as the reality is harder to change especially in power dynamics.

Consider this very post which is highly insensitive and therefore any person who happens upon this thread will be affected. Can you honestly claim that this person has empathy for a suicidal person? Also consider that empathy is hard to have when the other hasn't experienced whatever is to be empathetic about. If the suicidal person has felt misery for a long time and death is a perceived promise of liberation and people (especially people being the problem [reality]) have not offered them a solution to their problems then how can we honestly say to them that they should stay in a world where they lack empathy and the other lacks empathy?

I'm going to assume that you mean that their reality is fine but their perception is off. If this were true then instead of actively creating a hostile reality (which btw already contradicts a fine reality) the world ought to operate without real or perceived hostility.

It's funny that you people bring autism into the mix which only further cements my case and shows your severe lack of understanding (however it is not just yours; it is still being researched and there's at least three explanations of autism that affect my statements). There's at least one line of research that actually attributes MORE empathy to autistic individuals than your average individual (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9804307/)
This is all very new (2022) so it's hard to say anything about autism other than to be careful what we attribute to the userbase of this site.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Never understood why others are allowed to be selfish.

"I just waste time talking to you. You never get better","I'm not your therapist","Stop whining to me all the time".

But when you're selfish its wrong.
You took it wrong.
It is neither bad nor good. I call it selfishness because in such a situation you only have to think about yourself. I try to do that. You may disagree, but unfortunately these are the facts. I don't want my family to suffer even more, but they will after my death. I won't get over it. So I have to be selfish and turn off empathy as much as possible. I am afraid of CTB for many reasons, hurting my family is one of them. I try to fight these thoughts.

Relationships with family are another matter. I'm speaking from my perspective. Everyone has the right to a different one.

Reactions: Unknown21
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
My point is. I don't think informing people of what their actions can do to others is always the case of preventing them from committing said action. In some cases it can actually help people get a different perspective and seek help if possible. In cases like yours and possibly mine no amount of that information will deter the individuals from committing the act. But I don't think that it shouldn't be tried.

Informng ppl = 1 thng

Puttng out a screamng PSA wth sme1 watchng a lve ctb attmpt = anothr

1 thng tht membrs lern v quckly on SaSu = tht othrs wll tke prt in respctl dscussn bt no1 lkes b-ing tld wht 2 thnk or fl as tho thr feelngs r b-ing manipl8td

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I'll tell a personal story. Not sure if it'll change anyone's perspective on this, but I want to make something perfectly clear.

In 2019, I attempted suicide by hanging. This was what led me to being involuntarily hospitalized for the first time. At this time, there were various cameras around the house because we were afraid of burglars getting in, as that's already happened before. My mother saw me attempting to hang myself on camera. Needless to say, she's traumatized by that incident. I live with that every day of my life. I live with the guilt and shame of making her feel that way. In spite of how much she and I have a complicated relationship, I live with those feelings.

And yet, my desire to die hasn't gone away. No matter how much I've tried, and believe me I've tried, the feelings of wanting to die don't stop. They follow me everywhere I go. I can't tell you how many mornings I've gotten out of bed disappointed I didn't die in my sleep. I can't tell you how many times I've seen fatal car accidents IRL and I look at the dead bodies covered with a blanket and wish that was me.

It's just a part of me I deal with. No amount of telling me how my death will hurt others will take away this part of me. It's not for lack of trying, certainly not for lack of empathy. I do have loved ones. I do care about how my death will impact them. And also I'm so tired and exhausted of life because of my own problems that going on feels like the most difficult task in the world. Both things can be true.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Informng ppl = 1 thng

1 thng tht membrs lern v quckly on SaSu = tht othrs wll tke prt in respctl dscussn bt no1 lkes b-ing tld wht 2 thnk or fl as tho thr feelngs r b-ing manipl8td
I agreee with this

C

Cosis

Feb 7, 2023
Why are you making assertions here, first you edited your comment from "retarded" to "mentally challenged" thinking that would make it sound better and now your asserting that I don't carry the ability to exercise basic empathy for those left behind, I think about that everyday so it doesn't mean that I have mental issues, I'm sure others do as well.

Your opinion in itself is sorry.

That initially wasn't your point was it? I responded to your wild claim because I don't think it's true, it's not reflective of the mental capacity of many here who already have so much to contemplate daily in their own lives away from this forum.
I am crippled, everyday for HOURS thinking about nothing but emotions. I don't know if you can get more empathetic than a suicidal person. Most people never get so far down the rabbit hole that they can understand the true depths of misery that it has. So how can they empathize with people who are going through horrible situations? I've been there and back again like Sam in The Lord of the Rings. Seen the other side of the mirror like Alice herself. Yet the people who haven't stepped foot outside of their own fucking bedroom want to tell me I'm retarded....

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree, we should be considering the impact our deaths will likely have on others where we can. Personally, I don't actually want to go till my last remaining close family member has and I'm hoping they'll identify me from dental records if I give them all the details. Why they'd imagine someone would break into my property and fake their ID as mine and kill themselves there I'm not sure. With any luck, they won't trouble the rest of my family.

But sure- I don't want my death to be distressing for anyone. Given the choice- I'd much rather go at a clinic. I'd rather the police didn't have to be troubled even. That the neighbours won't get distressed and that the next person who buys the property isn't freaked out. But there we go- assisted suicide isn't available in the UK and I wouldn't qualify for it anyway. I do agree though. Where possible, I'd want to make it as least traumatic for people as possible.

Out of interest though... Do you think prospective parents should consider this too? We'll very likely watch them get ill and die before we enjoy that pleasure. We'll very likely have to see them lowered into a cold hole in the ground or, say goodbye to them in their casket for the last time. You can't bring a life into this world and not expect it to experience death. I found it pretty distressing to see my Grandma dead in the hospital. Her mouth wide open like that Scream movie mask. It was literally like something out of a horror film. I'm not terribly grateful to have been given life to witness all that.

Plus, while I love my Mum so much, I have to wonder why she went ahead with a pregnancy when she had been diagnosed with cancer (and died of it 3 years later.) I suppose she didn't want to kill her child. Maybe she was supremely optimistic she would beat it but honestly- I wish she'd aborted me and concentrated on her health.

I agree that we all have responsibility to try not to hurt one another but- that includes parents. I don't think they should assume that the child they bring here will automatically thrive and love life. They shouldn't even just assume their child will outlive them- anything can happen in life. When you create any close attatchment to a mortal being- you run the risk of losing it.

But sure- where we can, I think we should try to limit trauma. Bear in mind though- many people here are carrying enormous amounts of trauma- created by their families quite often! Sure, two wrongs don't make a right but maybe the people that cause others to be suicidal in the first place should have been a little more thoughtful.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
All I'm saying is, that if you don't give a sh*t about someone who loves you, (like your mother) finding you [gore redacted], then I think you might have some mental issues, since you clear don't understand basic empathy - sorry, but that's just my opinion. I am (as most people on here) also not completely mentally "stable", since I also suffer from depression, anxiety and OCD - so obviously I'm not looking down on people with mental illnesses. I just find it strange, selfish and borderline psychopathic to not give a shit about something as brutal as [relating to video? redacted] in front of your own mother - just my honest opinion.

I think I will stop commenting further on this thread and just "agree to disagree".
Here's the thing. This is important, but I'm getting the feeling that you don't read any posts besides your own right now, because this is not the first time somebody here has said this in this thread. Nobody in this entire thread argued any of these things. You're literally arguing with yourself, by presenting your opinion along with your own counter argument, in a gross manner imho.

Exactly who and what are you agreeing to disagree with? Yourself?

I don't know how I can make it any clearer. Nobody here said they didn't care about people that loved them, nobody said they didn't care about ctb in front of a loved one. You literally made these arguments up yourself and then argued against them.

Dare I say it, it's almost like talking to an inanimate object. What was that word you used? door? Because I'm thinking it's like talking to a wall, here.

I just don't understand the necessity to provide your own arguments to make yourself right. This isn't a discussion, it's a monologue.

I think the main issue here might be black/white thinking. It is possible to care about more than one thing at once, for example. It's not as simple as "if you do this then you do not care at all", because that is black/white and unnuanced thinking.

Last edited:
C

Cosis

Feb 7, 2023
Here's the thing. This is important, but I'm getting the feeling that you don't read any posts besides your own right now, because this is not the first time somebody here has said this in this thread. Nobody in this entire thread argued any of these things. You're literally arguing with yourself, by presenting your opinion along with your own counter argument, in a gross manner imho.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer. Nobody here said they didn't care about people that loved them, nobody said they didn't care about ctb in front of a loved one. You literally made these arguments up yourself and then argued against them.

Dare I say it, it's almost like talking to an inanimate object. What was that word you used? door? Because I'm thinking it's like talking to a wall, here.

They are making the dumb assumption that Family = LOVE without fail. Many people here could care less about CTB in front of their bullshit family who has shown nothing but vitriol and abuse towards them ever since they were a child. No different than any of their other dumb assumptions about the people here.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

I just don't understand the necessity to provide your own arguments to make yourself right. This isn't a discussion, it's a monologue.
idk I think there were plenty of examples in this thread

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
They are making the dumb assumption that Family = LOVE without fail. Many people here could care less about CTB in front of their bullshit family who has shown nothing but vitriol and abuse towards them ever since they were a child. No different than any of their other dumb assumptions about the people here.
It's not the only assumption they're making, as I posted and as you said, but I agree, that is another one. Some people care about their family more than their family cares about them, even when their family is abusive. And as Rain first posted, not everyone has the luxury to decide when and where they can ctb, of course they know the consequences.

I do not agree with the base assertion that suicidal people aren't aware of the consequences of ctb or how it would affect loved ones. Saying that they have no feelings, are psychos, etc. It's something many of us think about. Responsibility brings about suffering of its own. However suicide can and should be a human right.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
This glt trp, parnt brng ppl make sffr prtnd not know dth reslt reprodct, yea tell u also hypcrt human species, norm dth also make trama nobod talk if prsn stay say famly famly prsn age die see famly die nobod talk prsn trama hpn

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
To Goku and Suicidebydeath.

I changed it from "retarded" to "challenged" because it were a little harsh - sorry, I was just frustrated. Obviously, some people on here have had shitty families - and I'm sorry for that, and also I can't really relate much to that. My own life being shit is mostly due to bad luck and bad decision. My family did make some major mistakes that might have contributed to that, but definitely not enough for them to deserve me dying, imo.

Anyhow. Some people at the beginning were like: "how dare you say I shouldn't kill myself in front of my parents?" and "how dare my parents even birth me in the first place?". Like, these statements really doesn't make sense to me. I guarantee you, that most parents certainly don't birth their child in order to cause it pain and they certainly wish for their child to have a good and happy life. Existence in itself certainly isn't always bad or cruel and most people are happy to have been "birthed", so I don't get this "having a kids" is always immoral" way of thinking - sure, you could argue, that it could be (at least in some cases) immoral, but the vast majority of people certainly are not "pissed" at their parents from birthing them - like that is just a delusional take.

I think the vast majority of people here are not pissed that they have "been birthed" per say, but pissed that they didn't get the life they wanted or pissed that they've f*cked up a lot (like myself). Like if you are born into a good family (maybe even a wealthy family, although I don't think money is that important although it surely helps a lot) + you were super good-looking and had the perfect height and everything, you were the popular kid in school, good-looking, good at sports, smart etc., had everything going for you and set up for a good-life, then I'm sure, that you wouldn't be "pissed" at your parents for birthing you. Sure, you can argue, that we are all going to suffer the horrors of aging (as I have argued) but again, that will only effect you for some part of your life, so you could also argue, that it could be worth it.

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
It's not the only assumption they're making, as I posted and as you said, but I agree, that is another one. Some people care about their family more than their family cares about them, even when their family is abusive. And as Rain first posted, not everyone has the luxury to decide when and where they can ctb, of course they know the consequences.

I do not agree with the base assertion that suicidal people aren't aware of the consequences of ctb or how it would affect loved ones. Saying that they have no feelings, are psychos, etc. It's something many of us think about. Responsibility brings about suffering of its own. However suicide can and should be a human right.
I mean it's certain not all suicidal people are the same, I don't think any such statement was made in this thread. The guy you are responding to initially stated his opinion on the basis of statements made by some users in this thread whose statements one can clearly interpret as lacking compassion. It all comes to down a matter of personal interpretation and opinion but I think saying something like "my parents gave birth to me so it's their fault they will suffer after my death why are they complaining " is devoid of empathy and consideration in my opinion no matter how true this statement is. But this is just my subjective opinion.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Fortunately I don't live with my mom so she won't be the one to find me. I do think posting this here is a little unneccecary though. At least the videos. People are struggling enough with SI as it is, and as bed said, not everyone is able to ctb somewhere their family won't be the ones who finds them.

Not saying they're pro-life, but I'd like to mention that this person has tried to convince me I don't want to ctb several times just bc I struggle with SI. Not trying to hate on them or anything, but I felt the need to bring it up. Mods, feel free delete my comment if you have any problems with it. I just wanted to get it off my chest, that's all.
Informng ppl = 1 thng

This sums up how I feel about this thread as a whole pretty accurately. I do think that just giving advice on how to make it easier on those who finds you after you ctb is fine, but this is taking it too far imo.

Last edited:
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Can't and will not watch this 😄 however, i actually do wished that my family would care a bit when I go. Besides they weren't exactly the nicest people on this planet, so if they did or do feel a litle guilty. I don't think that, that would have been the biggest tragedy. To be hounest.🙈🙊

Hopefully we get to come back as spirits so that we can haunt. 😂 (I'm only joking) Or not.

Last edited:
kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
As selfish as this sounds I wish someone cared about me enough to have such a big reaction.
I don't really understand the point of this post, sure the video is a little disturbing but I'm very certain no one here in their right mind would put themselves in that situation on purpose. I don't understand how he wasn't stopped when the cops were right below him.

A

asdfeqqqq23424

Feb 13, 2024
my parents are pieces of shits and my siblings currently live in school dormitories/out of the country so yea, I'd love them to see the result of their years of abuse.
probably the only meaningful way I could get back at them without me feeling an overwhelming guilt

if they still cling to their fucked up views/religion, then so be it. i dont wanna live in a world with so many people with their heads way up their ass

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Exactly, this isn't a "found body" situation, the video is from a live ctb attempt. Both are traumatic, but they are not comparable. I feel bad for people clicking on the link expecting one video but being confronted with another.
I feel that was the hidden intent of this thread. Making you see 'the other gruesome side of Suicide'. Kinda ironic of op, especially for someone whose method is the train method. It's not ok to let your loved ones find your body but it's ok for strangers to witness literally from the front seat and scrape off your brain matter and stuff from the train and the area?

Last edited:
WretchedDreams

WretchedDreams

Quiet hopelessness
Feb 20, 2023
can someone tldr this video. im scared to click on the link, is it really just a mother freaking out about her child
Oh, its really bad. It's about a young male in the corner of a building. Leaps and the mother screams horrible. Pretty disturbing even if not overtly graphic.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I've seen the entirety of the 1 minute and 1 second video and my opinions after watching the video are the same as my opinions before watching the video. It's just pointless guilt tripping to me. If my parents don't want to see me die, they shouldn't have gave birth to me in the first place. I don't care what my parents reactions are. I'm actually glad that I'm not burdened with sentimental things like this otherwise my life would be far more exhausting than it actually is. I will prioritise my desire for permanent peace over other people's desires to keep me alive to function as a wage slave.

Besides, everybody dies anyway so, in the end, a reaction like this is inevitable even if they weren't going to kill themselves. The only difference would be as to who reacts with grief first depending on whether the mother dies first by natural death or not. I see this as a closed system and hence I see grief caused by suicide as it merely bringing the inevitable closer
As an addition to this I have often thought that people say there is nothing worse than losing a child which I guess I can agree with but at the same time I think it is just as bad losing a parent it would completely destroy me and if my parents suddenly died I really think without a doubt it would push me to get the courage to ctb.

My point being in this is that everyone seems to agree that peoples parents need to die first and not the other way around where their children dies first but the parents inevitable death will be just as painful for their adult children as their death will be on the parents the only difference is the children didn´t ask to be born so they had no choice in not inevitably experience the pain of losing a parent it is just what society expects of everyone that that is how it is, but "nobody asked to be born so everyone have the right to die". Ironically in this post I am very empathetic towards my parents so that is holding me back from ctb a great deal but I still think what I and you wrote is the objective truth.

heisenberg

heisenberg

pile of skin and bones
May 18, 2020
i'm sure people who are planning to ctb are well aware of the effects it'll have on friends/family. it's part of the difficult decision to ctb in the first place. your post comes across as guilt tripping as others have stated. ctb is really the ultimate decision of body autonomy and should be respected without making others feel guilty for it.

Reactions: dental