• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
I think it's a noun without any content. It's a concept that was probably conceived in order to make sense of the world in an era where humankind had very little knowledge of the natural world. Possibly to combat the fear of death and meaninglessness. But what do I know really?

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
I think it's a noun without any content. It's a concept that was probably conceived in order to make sense of the world in an era where humankind had very little knowledge of the natural world. Possibly to combat the fear of death and meaninglessness. But what do I know really?
Not a good thing that the concept has not got lost over so many years.

Reactions: Skathon and _Minsk
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I don't mind what terms anyone uses for that which is praiseworthy. There's a lot of it in the universe.

V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
I believe in God and Jesus. Nothing about my depression is his fault! And He has been good to me.
Do you plan to CTB or are you here for other reasons (guess your username implies it)? What's your view on god and suicide considering he probably doesn't want you to do it?

Reactions: ERASED
Shoopie

Shoopie

May 31, 2020
I don't believe in God. Like someone above said, I think God was needed when we didn't have the knowledge of the universe we have now. I think the concept of God can be a comfort to many but not for me. Wish I had faith sometimes, it might make life more bearable. The feeling of community that religion illicits can be so valuable to so many, which is obviously a good thing. I just disagree with the source material

itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
I grew more depressed and suicidal the years that I was in the church. God can go to his Hell, as far as I am concerned!!.....The hell that he created, and the hell that he supposedly reserves for people who disobey his tyranny! And dang if GOD doesn't have a lot of RULES and DEMANDS! And for such little reward! Most (if not all) the gods I ever heard of are either very controlling and/or outright sadistic! Religion keeps more people enslaved then it does to give freedom.

Don't tell me god is love, yet he will force people (who didn't ask to be born) to suffer in this life, and then he torment them more by throwing them in hell if they displease him! I was even told that even those who never heard of Jesus will go to hell!....That's evil, sadistic, and psychologically abusive to call him a loving god. It's like the religious people get a 'big fat celestial hard-on' when they think of god exacting his torments on sinners in hell! Sic Sick......God is Dead to me cuz he's a Sadist, and i'twaz the religious people that killed him!! I am an agnostic now.....even if god exists, ( which I highly doubt) i'd rather be in hell burning with the sinners, than in heaven with his tyrant ass!

Last edited:
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
If "God" exists, he's the main reason for suffering. So many people are brainwashed from childhood until they can't even imagine not being a slave. Then they take it as a personal attack when you won't fall for it anymore.

Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
I don't believe in God. Like someone above said, I think God was needed when we didn't have the knowledge of the universe we have now. I think the concept of God can be a comfort to many but not for me. Wish I had faith sometimes, it might make life more bearable. The feeling of community that religion illicits can be so valuable to so many, which is obviously a good thing. I just disagree with the source material
The problem with your theory is that religious texts have scientific knowledge in them that I'm sure we haven't even found out yet. What we do know is that things we've discovered in the last century have been in these texts for almost 2,000 years...
God is real. There is no logical possibility that it is not.

People choose to blame God for their suffering because they believe he should intervene to save them from their suffering.

The truth is that these religious texts tell us that our suffering is the point. It brings about knowledge and growth.

Just one point: How will you appreciate paradise with out seeing the hell we have created here on our own?

Ask yourself this: If you CTB and arrive in a paradise with unending love, wont you be more appreciative than someone who hasn't suffered?
As a theologian, I can tell you that almost every "atheist" in the world aren't actual atheists.

They're ignorant. (No disrespect)
They have never truly studied what they claim to not believe in. They have never searched for the answers. They simply said that they refuse to believe it with out actually looking and that's that.

That's not an atheist. That's a lazy person.

A true atheist is a scholar of all religions. They have studied them all and came to a logical conclusion that it can't be true based off evidence.

I doubt there is one person here claiming to be an atheist that's done this. Not one.

Last edited:
wagwoo

wagwoo

May 19, 2020
I don't believe in a conscious god, especially not the representation from Abrahamic religions. I think whatever has made everything is a part of it but it has its own goal of growth and expansion - and we're along for the ride. It doesn't care for us, dozens of children are born every year and if humans wipe each other out, we'll just be replaced with another dominant species and the world will adjust without us. If I don't want to be here, it doesn't care, better to replace me with a newborn, untainted child anyway. It's not an asshole, nor is it a saviour - I think it just is... It has no concept of bad or good as we humans have invented that.

That being said though...fuck this thing, it's brutal.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ERASED and Zoya
F

Flump

Student
Jan 14, 2020
Why would a loving god make such a sad twisted World, so many awful things happen! So many people don't want to be here and are suffering with no easy way to escape, nobody has freewill or we would be able to go in peace if we choose too. No loving parent would sacrifice their child for sick evil individuals to destroy people's lives.

Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
Don't believe in god. If he existed, why would he give babies SIDS?
"SIDS" is not real...
That doesn't invalidate your argument entirely, but it shows you haven't dug into this as much as you should before making a decision of this magnitude.

"SIDS" is the term given to infant deaths that they can't explain scientifically yet.

Ive has two sisters and a brother die of "sids"... There is a reason. It doesn't just happen.
Why would a loving god make such a sad twisted World, so many awful things happen! So many people don't want to be here and are suffering with no easy way to escape, nobody has freewill or we would be able to go in peace if we choose too. No loving parent would sacrifice their child for sick evil individuals to destroy people's lives.
God didn't make a sad world. We did.

You can't blame a creator for the crap we've done to ourselves and each other.

F

Flump

Student
Jan 14, 2020
"SIDS" is not real...
That doesn't invalidate your argument entirely, but it shows you haven't dug into this as much as you should before making a decision of this magnitude.

"SIDS" is the term given to infant deaths that they can't explain scientifically yet.

Ive has two sisters and a brother die of "sids"... There is a reason. It doesn't just happen.

God didn't make a sad world. We did.

You can't blame a creator for the crap we've done to ourselves and each other.
That's like saying everyone is the same which is far from correct!

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
The problem with your theory is that religious texts have scientific knowledge in them that I'm sure we haven't even found out yet. What we do know is that things we've discovered in the last century have been in these texts for almost 2,000 years...

LOL! Name one.

As a theologian, I can tell you that almost every "atheist" in the world aren't actual atheists.

They're ignorant. (No disrespect)
They have never truly studied what they claim to not believe in. They have never searched for the answers. They simply said that they refuse to believe it with out actually looking and that's that.

That's not an atheist. That's a lazy person.

A true atheist is a scholar of all religions. They have studied them all and came to a logical conclusion that it can't be true based off evidence.

I doubt there is one person here claiming to be an atheist that's done this. Not one.

I'm an actual atheist. I've read your bible. It's the reason I'm an atheist. That book is the most disgusting piece of filth ever written.
I've studied other religions, too. They're all nonsense.

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I'm an actual atheist. I've read your bible. It's the reason I'm an atheist. That book is the most disgusting piece of filth ever written.
I'm an ex-christian and I agree with you. But they can't see it while they're in it. Once people start questioning it that's when they see it and that's when all of the brainwashed people around them try to reprogram you. Using emotion and belief to convince you. Belief isn't truth.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I think he was manmade. I don't think he exists. How would any human know of a godly presence in heaven?

And as another user pointed out. Why would a god make a world as cruel as this one? The whole concept of God makes no sense to me.

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
The fact so many of these suicidal folk are atheist especially the ones who dont even have health problems should tell you all you need to know.

The implication being that if we believed in god and religion, we wouldn't be suicidal?

That is the biggest pile of victim-blaming bullshit I've read in a long time. Religion is god's word and decree, right? And god is omniscient and omnipotent, yeah? So why does it allow it's preachers to be paedophiles? Warmongers? Thieves and con artists? Why doesn't it smite them down? Why does it allow them to have such urges in the first place?

Think of how many innocents have taken their own lives as a result of what religious leaders and teachers have done to them.

Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
LOL! Name one.

I've studied other religions, too. They're all nonsense.
No you're not..

How about germs and there typical lifespan?
How about gravity?
How about underground aqueducts?
How about dinosaurs?
How about blood circulating in our bodies?

Again, you know nothing about the Bible but opinions of stories.

You haven't STUDIED it. You've read some and came to a conclusion based on your opinion.

That's not an atheist. That's ignorance.
The implication being that if we believed in god and religion, we wouldn't be suicidal?

That is the biggest pile of victim-blaming bullshit I've read in a long time. Religion is god's word and decree, right? And god is omniscient and omnipotent, yeah? So why does it allow it's preachers to be paedophiles? Warmongers? Thieves and con artists? Why doesn't it smite them down? Why does it allow them to have such urges in the first place?

Think of how many innocents have taken their own lives as a result of what religious leaders and teachers have done to them.
If God stopped anything then we wouldn't be human. We wouldn't have free will.

Your argument has been proven incompatible with logical thought many times.

It sucks but it's the truth.

WE DID THIS.
Not God.

Last edited:
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I think if God ever did exist, he's definitely dead. I see no evidence of divine intervention, and nothing that can't be explained by chance