• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

easywayout

Jan 6, 2020
Leave this forum.

If you think there's any chance of your life getting better you should leave this forum and not come back.

You've done it, you've read up on all the ways you could kill yourself, those methods/resources aren't going to disappear, there's no rush. So leave. Leave and see if it's possible for you to have any even remotely descent quality of life. If you try and it doesn't work out you can always come back. I personally left this forum for like 6 months and my life has improved, I have things i want to do now, and I even have a remote chance of getting a date soon.

To those who honestly think there is no way out of the situation they are in, I'm sorry. To everyone else, do yourself a favor and gtfo of this place.

Here is the link to disable your account, please consider it: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/account/delete

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
In all honesty I have been considering backing off from the forum. For many reasons.

There seems to be an influx of unkind people, If someone was teetering on the edge some comments would push people over the edge. Especially someone severely depressed or younger people.

As a mom it truly hurts my heart so many young people are suffering. I mentioned before, I would love to take everyone especially younger people hug them, hold them, stroke their hair, let them cry in my lap and let them know I understand and I'm here. Give it time things can get better. I know some are here due to abusive parents especially moms. It truly hurts my heart as a mom who wants nothing more than her child who died, I cannot understand how moms can be so evil. I would love to have a conversation with these twisted up evil parents and let them know what living hell is- it's waking up every morning as soon as my eyes open before I use restroom it hits me- my son is not at work, he isn't out of town working he will NEVER come home again. I will never hear I love you Ma again.

When I came here I was in such a very dark place. I had 1 thing on my mind- to be reunited with my son. My younger son reached out to me wanting to rebuild our relationship. I would have to go through the timeline, I'm heavily medicated and my memory is pits from 2 life supports. I want to say it was 2-3 week before i planned to drink my SN. Being in such a dark place- I found a home I fit into. I could say I plan to do this and that and people were compassionate and shared common feelings.

Last night someone I had talked privately with Sadguywannadie decided to try to be reunited with his daughter. There is more to his situation which I am not going to bring up as it was all in confidence he told me. He was the first person I had been in contact with that has left. I truly hope he is reunited with his daughter. It has hurt my soft heart. I am so sad today my friend is no longer here. As a bereaved mom, I know the pain. I have dealt with it for 3 years.

This forum has a way of making one addicted to coming here- support, learning, friends, a place where we can say whats on our mind without judgement. It also when you are so dark and deep into depression can lead some down a pathway they might have avoided or delayed. One must be careful because reading suicide ctb all day can cause your mental state to deteriorate further.

Having said some of my reasoning- I will say I can see a place where a forum like this is needed. When we tell normal people we want to die they do not understand. Majority of people here are compassionate, understanding and having someone who can talk to you without the stuff normal people throw at you is a lot of help. Having someone relate to you and being able to offer advice-as having been there knowing exactly how you feel does so much good.

I am not pro life I am not pro suicide I am pro choice. While I do believe most people should exhaust everything before ctb I cannot tell someone what to do. One might need to try several therapists before they find a good one they are comfortable with. One might need to try several medications to find one that will help. Group therapies for those who are not anxiety or social issues.

I wish everyone well with their choices. I wish there was a way to physically send love to those that need it. I wish there was a better mental health care system worldwide that could help people.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
There seems to be an influx of unkind people, If someone was teetering on the edge some comments would push people over the edge.

There have always been folks like that on the forum off and on, though they do seem to come in waves sometimes. A free public site full of hurting, emotionally vulnerable people is a troll magnet.

antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
In all honesty I have been considering backing off from the forum. For many reasons.

There seems to be an influx of unkind people, If someone was teetering on the edge some comments would push people over the edge. Especially someone severely depressed or younger people.

As a mom it truly hurts my heart so many young people are suffering. I mentioned before, I would love to take everyone especially younger people hug them, hold them, stroke their hair, let them cry in my lap and let them know I understand and I'm here. Give it time things can get better. I know some are here due to abusive parents especially moms. It truly hurts my heart as a mom who wants nothing more than her child who died, I cannot understand how moms can be so evil. I would love to have a conversation with these twisted up evil parents and let them know what living hell is- it's waking up every morning as soon as my eyes open before I use restroom it hits me- my son is not at work, he isn't out of town working he will NEVER come home again. I will never hear I love you Ma again.

When I came here I was in such a very dark place. I had 1 thing on my mind- to be reunited with my son. My younger son reached out to me wanting to rebuild our relationship. I would have to go through the timeline, I'm heavily medicated and my memory is pits from 2 life supports. I want to say it was 2-3 week before i planned to drink my SN. Being in such a dark place- I found a home I fit into. I could say I plan to do this and that and people were compassionate and shared common feelings.

Last night someone I had talked privately with Sadguywannadie decided to try to be reunited with his daughter. There is more to his situation which I am not going to bring up as it was all in confidence he told me. He was the first person I had been in contact with that has left. I truly hope he is reunited with his daughter. It has hurt my soft heart. I am so sad today my friend is no longer here. As a bereaved mom, I know the pain. I have dealt with it for 3 years.

This forum has a way of making one addicted to coming here- support, learning, friends, a place where we can say whats on our mind without judgement. It also when you are so dark and deep into depression can lead some down a pathway they might have avoided or delayed. One must be careful because reading suicide ctb all day can cause your mental state to deteriorate further.

Having said some of my reasoning- I will say I can see a place where a forum like this is needed. When we tell normal people we want to die they do not understand. Majority of people here are compassionate, understanding and having someone who can talk to you without the stuff normal people throw at you is a lot of help. Having someone relate to you and being able to offer advice-as having been there knowing exactly how you feel does so much good.

I am not pro life I am not pro suicide I am pro choice. While I do believe most people should exhaust everything before ctb I cannot tell someone what to do. One might need to try several therapists before they find a good one they are comfortable with. One might need to try several medications to find one that will help. Group therapies for those who are not anxiety or social issues.

I wish everyone well with their choices. I wish there was a way to physically send love to those that need it. I wish there was a better mental health care system worldwide that could help people.
:heart: :hug: Your post made me teary eyed... Sending you lots of love!

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I can see why this might help. I certainly have noticed a lot of brewing toxicity and people seemingly throwing shade at each other for things I missed because they were deleted or I otherwise didn't have time to read them. For the things I do read, I now often have no idea what to say that won't come off as condescending, redundant, or even manipulative so I've tried to stick mostly to offtopic discussion...but even my venting has become very repetitive since nothing has changed much for me yet I still feel the same level of overall malaise.....

Then again I already took a 6 month break after I first joined this website. Maybe when school finishes I'll have more time to do better things than sit in front of my computer all day.

Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
I ignore the suicide forum now and just look at recovery. Honestly, going to the suicide forum (after I found the practical information I needed) made me not feel very good.

I'm not a pro-lifer (which is an awkward term because for me it will always be connected to abortion), but... I do feel like if folks are trying for recovery and posting here, it would be nice to have someone responding. And, when I am feeling awful and thinking about things in a characteristically dark way, it is good not to have to hold it all in or burden my spouse with it. Again.

Øystein

Øystein

Can't cope
Apr 24, 2020
I only come here when I feel like total shit about no one in the world caring about my existence. Stripping myself of this little spark of feeling like belonging in a community full of people who understand me would, I think, ultimately lead me to doing something stupid impulsively, because nothing makes the grossly painful loneliness go away like this site. I can certainly tell that it can get a bit toxic at times, especially for those who spend a lot of time here, but I am very grateful for having access to this place.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I left for a few months, but came back because recovery just didn't last. I can see how separating one self from a suicidal environment could make suicidal feelings less in the mind, but recovery and offtopic still maintain the social elements.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm staying. But I don't want to ctb, so maybe it's different for me. I'm staying to share, to care and learn about my own mental illnesses.

I agree SS is changing, but that happened before and will happen again. We're all human after all

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
As a mom it truly hurts my heart so many young people are suffering. I mentioned before, I would love to take everyone especially younger people hug them, hold them, stroke their hair, let them cry in my lap and let them know I understand and I'm here. Give it time things can get better. I
:heart::aw::heart:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28228-1435018105-12.gif

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Leave this forum.

If you think there's any chance of your life getting better you should leave this forum and not come back.

You've done it, you've read up on all the ways you could kill yourself, those methods/resources aren't going to disappear, there's no rush. So leave. Leave and see if it's possible for you to have any even remotely descent quality of life. If you try and it doesn't work out you can always come back. I personally left this forum for like 6 months and my life has improved, I have things i want to do now, and I even have a remote chance of getting a date soon.

To those who honestly think there is no way out of the situation they are in, I'm sorry. To everyone else, do yourself a favor and gtfo of this place.

Here is the link to disable your account, please consider it: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/account/delete
Yeah and at the first hurdle when you realize you're all alone and nobody is fighting in your corner, wouldn't you benefit from having the Recovery Section + Off-Topic + Friends + Community?
Everything you said is valid if you have a strong support network in place.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
SS doesn't have a negative affect on my mental health. It helps me to be able to vent with people in similar circumstances, without the sunshine and roses think positive mentality. SS hasn't increased any suicidal feelings, I have been suicidal before SS and will continue to be.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
The struggle for me with this forum is the one or two posters who have self-appointed themselves as judge, jury and execitutioner, and unfortunately, these posters are extremely active and take too much pleasure in being unnecessarily combative. I've placed a couple on ignore, but now can't decipher plenty of threads, because of their active involvement.

The dynamics here have changed, to my eye, and I spend less time on here than before. At this point, I basically just seek out threads where perhaps I can offer value to someone else. This approach seems to work fairly well.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Whilst this may be true and work for many people I do not think we can brush everyone the same.
You mentioned a date and that is so fantastic OP I hope you find a way to enjoy life through a relationship but not everyone is the same.
It may seem strange but seeing others who feel the same can often help us make the right choice and that could be CTB or cope with living.
Forums are a time sink and honestly we use them for entertainment most of the time these days.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There is only one way I will leave this forum, and that is in a coffin. By ctb or natural death, whatever. :sunglasses:
This is how I feel as well. This place has no negative effect on my mental health, my depression has done that all on its own for years without any help.

I do however know a few people who've been negatively impacted by all the "doom and gloom" of this site though. If that's the case for someone and they want to distance themselves from it I say more power to them.

I have noticed more unkindness on site too. Several people have expressed the view to me that they no longer post due to the atmosphere.
I've called this to attention recently a few times and was mobbed by lots of denial. I have a feeling it's just a current phase and it will eventually pass.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
This is how I feel as well. This place has no negative effect on my mental health, my depression has done that all on its own for years without any help.

I do however know a few people who've been negatively impacted by all the "doom and gloom" of this site though. If that's the case for someone and they want to distance themselves from it I say more power to them.

I've called this to attention recently a few times and was mobbed by lots of denial. I have a feeling it's just a current phase and it will eventually pass.

To be honest, the only two instances when this site had a really bad effect on my mental health were my falling out with a former member and Deafsn0w's death. The latter made me really sad and I was thinking about her for days.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I do have some poor semblance of a social life, I meet 4-5 people occassionally for a drink, but only once a month or once every couple of months.
Do you feel lonely though and crave interactions with others?
If you are lonely I wish I knew what to say to help you find the socialization you crave but if you are not and you only feel bad due to societal expectations that is something you can work on changing. (*x*)
I am not in the same position as others and in no way would I invalidate how they feel but I am hoping people who want to die due to being lonely can find a friend because a life that can be enjoyed upon fulfilling conditions is enviable but please note I am not trying to invalidate how other people feel nor do I understand their problems .

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
To be honest, the only two instances when this site had a really bad effect on my mental health were my falling out with a former member and Deafsn0w's death. The latter made me really sad and I was thinking about her for days.
I've lost alot of close friends here too, Deafsnow being a recent one as well. While it's sad and disheartening I try to view the positives of having had the chance to get to know some amazing people. Probably getting to know them better than even some of their own family or friends ever did.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Do you feel lonely though and crave interactions with others?
If you are lonely I wish I knew what to say to help you find the socialization you crave but if you are not and you only feel bad due to societal expectations that is something you can work on changing. (*x*)
I am not in the same position as others and in no way would I invalidate how they feel but I am hoping people who want to die due to being lonely can find a friend because a life that can be enjoyed upon fulfilling conditions is enviable but please note I am not trying to invalidate how other people feel nor do I understand their problems .
I would like to have a relationship or close friendships IRL, but both are very hard to find and maintain once you're over 30.