• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

gorexzxz

gorexzxz

Apr 13, 2024
I don't get most people here that say no. Life is presumably terrible because of how you feel. So life isn't worth living even if you feel good again?
Getting better would mean everything to me. I'd spend my life savings just to be rid of this depression.
People have different situations. Depression comes in many forms and can be cause by many different things. For me personally getting better only means so much. I can only improve my situation but there will always be pain, humiliation and hatred.

BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

dead_inside
May 10, 2023
I used to. But I'm unable to. And it's gotten so much worse at this point…. So it's just about picking the least anxious method for me and the means to it…..

arnxxx

arnxxx

Student
Mar 8, 2024
People have different situations. Depression comes in many forms and can be cause by many different things. For me personally getting better only means so much. I can only improve my situation but there will always be pain, humiliation and hatred.
You feel like you're beyond full recovery? How do you know for sure that's the case

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
gorexzxz

gorexzxz

Apr 13, 2024
You feel like you're beyond full recovery? How do you know for sure that's the case
I've lost thing things I can't get back. Up until recently I was on the road to recovery. I then I received the truth from a doctor and realised I gonna have a lesser version of my life that I don't want (My life has been pretty bad up since childhood).

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
thepiecessatup

thepiecessatup

Jan 9, 2024
I don't want to get better because I found comfort in my suicidal thoughts
My suicidal thoughts don't leave me like the people in my life do
I completely agree. I only get solace from my suicidal thoughts. I get through the night (and day now I'm stuck in hospital) just praying that I have the courage to ctb. But even just the thoughts are so comforting. I guess we are the odd ones out in the world on here but thank goodness for this website. It's the least alone I've felt in a long time having people who understand around to talk to.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
If getting "better" means to die to avoid pointless and harsh decades of suffering for no purpose whatsoever, then yes. However, if getting "better" means to adapt to life and to be a cog in the system until I reach old age, then no.

Reactions: sserafim
mainlanders_son

mainlanders_son

Apr 4, 2024
Yeah, but AFAICT it's impossible at this point, without fucking up my brain even further.

cocoseal

cocoseal

Apr 10, 2024
I don't get most people here that say no. Life is presumably terrible because of how you feel. So life isn't worth living even if you feel good again?
Getting better would mean everything to me. I'd spend my life savings just to be rid of this depression.
Well to help you understand better as someone who does not want to get better, I feel so much comfort to being this way, the way I am yes I have no motivation to do shit and its very stressful but i don't want it to go away. I guess I feel I do not deserve to feel better ever. I feel like this is my destiny, my destiny is to suffer and keep feeling this emptyness I feel which is corny but its how I feel.

• Aww..
Reactions: arnxxx
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
If getting "better" means to die to avoid pointless and harsh decades of suffering for no purpose whatsoever, then yes. However, if getting "better" means to adapt to life and to be a cog in the system until I reach old age, then no.
Same

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
It just isn't in the cards for me. I am too mentally unstable and suicidal of a person to love. I can't be in a relationship or a close friendship because of how I am. Might as well face reality instead of continue to embrace delusion

• Hugs
Reactions: Helween
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Suicidality is more rational than non-suicidality; hence there is nothing to "get better" from.

Even if things become better it won't matter bc you won't be around to feel regret at missing them.
I agree with the essence of this, though I would say that "getting better" to me means treating any issues that are causing the suicidality, so in that sense, you are getting better. However, if your problem is simply "life," then yes, I suppose you are resolving it directly by CTBing.

My only reason for deliberating about recovery, apart from being unable to attempt atm, is not wanting to hurt those around me.
Though, I'm frankly not sure that recovery is possible in my case, so there's a risk that it will all be for naught in the end.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
I agree with the essence of this, though I would say that "getting better" to me means treating any issues that are causing the suicidality, so in that sense, you are getting better. However, if your problem is simply "life," then yes, I suppose you are resolving it directly by CTBing.

My only reason for deliberating about recovery, apart from being unable to attempt atm, is not wanting to hurt those around me.
Rationally, life is inclusive of all the problems we experience here - of suicidality, recovery, etc.

terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
I do. I'm actively trying everyday to get better and hope that my efforts pay off someday. But who knows really. There is a possibility that I'll be like this forever but I still hold out hope for a better future.

Reactions: mehdone
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
Yes, but most people also do not see life solely as a problem, unlike you and me.
They may not see it because it's a bit of an abstract concept to grasp, not because you and I are incorrect. This is why most people aren't interested in philosophy either. It's a subject that requires tough-mindedness and objectivity.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
They may not see it because it's a bit of an abstract concept to grasp, not because you and I are incorrect. This is why most people aren't interested in philosophy either. It's a subject that requires tough-mindedness and objectivity.
I think it's simply due to optimism bias.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
I think it's simply due to optimism bias.
I don't think bias is the cause of faulty logic. Logically, ending life ends all problems of existence. You could know that and continue to live, however, as I'm doing, which is irrational, but that's another matter.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I don't think bias is the cause of faulty logic. Logically, ending life ends all problems of existence. You could know that and continue to live, however, as I'm doing, which is irrational, but that's another matter.
No, because the source of that logic is an enduring optimistic belief about the value of life.
So, their logic is sound, assuming the truth of that axiom.

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I want my circumstances to get better. They won't though. So as long as that's the case I don't want to get better. It's probably petty of me, just being miserable to prove a point and not let people get away with hurting me, but that's how I feel.

notevenhere

notevenhere

Ghost Angel
Apr 27, 2023
I don't want to get better, either. I'm tired of disappointing the people in mh life.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
No, because the source of that logic is an enduring optimistic belief about the value of life.
So, their logic is sound, assuming the truth of that axiom.
Believing that life has value is a logically different "belief" or understanding that all of life's problems are contained or subsumed within life itself. I don't see how that's difficult to understand. You can believe something is nothing but suffering and still believe it has value. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Believing that life has value is a logically different "belief" or understanding that all of life's problems are contained or subsumed within life itself. I don't see how that's difficult to understand. You can believe something is nothing but suffering and still believe it has value. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
I'm just saying that their conclusion is not illogical if one assumes the truth of that axiom (and a few others).
If most people believed life was pure suffering, they would not be so opposed to suicide.
Sure, some would still invoke meaning as a reason to value life in and of itself.

I think we had a misunderstanding.
I did not claim that people are logical if they don't understand that, tautologically, life's problems are contained within life itself.
I am saying that if they believe that life has inherent (positive) value, then it follows that, in some cases, suicide would not necessarily be rational from their perspective. Furthermore, I am claiming that the belief driving this conclusion likely stems from optimism bias.
However, in the case of the axiological asymmetry, it does not entirely stem from that.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

If I’m inactive, then I’m probably okay.
Nov 26, 2023
Yes.

I often don't, though.

thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Apr 2, 2024
yeah I always wanted to get better, even now. but better means BETTER. not 1% better. not 5% better. I need like... 30% better. something noticeable.
no more benzo symptoms. no more pssd. back to "normal". AND THEN... no more insomnia. but that still won't be enough... I need relief from depression.

Amnesiac_88

Amnesiac_88

Mar 14, 2024
No, i feel like at this point there is no way for me to get better it's too late for that, and i don't even want to try to get better i'm too tired of trying and failing at everything i do. I'm worthless and it will always be that way

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
It's easy to just get used to losing. to feeling awful all the time and just stop desiring more.

I don't want anything but for everything to be over. Just wanna be done.

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
I sometimes want to get better. And other times I like it when I'm miserable. For some reason there is a sense of comfort when you've lost all hope in yourself. There's no more expectations you have to uphold. But there are moments where I'll get that glimmer of hope that life will be better which is what keeps me moving on.

Reactions: Eudaimonic
broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
I wanna get worse