• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
We all have certain personal opinions towards every method. Any method may not be for everyone. It's not a one size fits all type of thing. But some opinions are just that, opinions and not facts. The same way this is just a personal opinion with nothing to backup the claim. I wouldn't look too much into it. There are far too many sources to cancel out his claims but I'm having a bad headache now to list all that out.

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
He knew many substances that can effectively cause a painless death, but failed a lot in terms of doses though.

SN would be better than jumping from a building/bridge or guns in my opinion.

Last edited:
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
As someone with both medical background and a survivor of SN, I would take that with a grain of salt. No method is going to have a 100% peace rate. It is somewhat painful, but relatively bearable in my experience. Everyone has their own scale for pain though, so what was a 6/10 for me may be a 2/10 for someone, and a 10/10 for another. As for the success rates, it's hard to quantify, I'd say it falls somewhere in the middle of the road. Take the right dosage and don't get help and you will die. What often happens is people seek help as it's not an instantaneous method.

There is already plenty of discourse on whether SN is good or not. That's where using your own judgment to make a method is necessary. There are methods that are just flat out not going to work, and methods with a near 100% success rate. No matter what method you pick, you will find someone saying it's a bad method. Do your research, look at statistics, learn about human anatomy and physiology, and make your own decisions. If there's a method where you have 25 replies saying "this won't work", you should probably reconsider, but a stray thread here or there should not be enough to discredit an entire method.

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
As someone with both medical background and a survivor of SN, I would take that with a grain of salt. No method is going to have a 100% peace rate. It is somewhat painful, but relatively bearable in my experience. Everyone has their own scale for pain though, so what was a 6/10 for me may be a 2/10 for someone, and a 10/10 for another. As for the success rates, it's hard to quantify, I'd say it falls somewhere in the middle of the road. Take the right dosage and don't get help and you will die. What often happens is people seek help as it's not an instantaneous method.

There is already plenty of discourse on whether SN is good or not. That's where using your own judgment to make a method is necessary. There are methods that are just flat out not going to work, and methods with a near 100% success rate. No matter what method you pick, you will find someone saying it's a bad method. Do your research, look at statistics, learn about human anatomy and physiology, and make your own decisions. If there's a method where you have 25 replies saying "this won't work", you should probably reconsider, but a stray thread here or there should not be enough to discredit an entire method.
How did you survive SN?

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
The most common failure way: I told someone. In a panic I texted my boyfriend at the time "I'm dying", not expecting him to believe it. He must have known something was up because he called for help. By the time my dad found me I was dead.
Do you regret texting him?

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I wish I had died, but nothing I can do to change the way things played out back then. Things would have been a lot easier if I had gone out 4 years ago, now SN is a hell of a lot harder to get and the trauma from surviving has my SI so strong it's hard to overcome.
Did you take a benzo when you attempted?

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
No. My goodbye thread is out there somewhere with more details. I took tums and ibuprofen and fasted for 24 hours.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
No. My goodbye thread is out there somewhere with more details. I took tums and ibuprofen and fasted for 24 hours.
No AE. Right? Thanks for sharing your experience btw, this is making me consider SN as a backup method only.
Yeah, I read it and didn't see it mentioned, but I wanted to double check since most people consider it crucial to the protocol.
Thanks for answering.

Just so people know ibuprofen is also rough on the stomach and if otc painkiller is your only option I personally would opt for Tylenol.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Yeah it's pretty "terrible".

But here's the thing, out of the methods we can name comparatively name that people have ctb with out there, SN is just way too nuanced to say it's a "terrible" way to go as we've seen here, discussed on numerous occasion whether an attempt was close to working and the user described it as peaceful, relatively so or described as a terrible experience where one particular symptom was too distressing to deal and eventually led to them calling for help.

What's a guaranteed death anyway? Nothing out there is guaranteed to work, that's just part of the risk aspect when it comes to ctb so I don't know how this is a problem of SN solely and as for its popularity, I think it's been explained multiple times already as to why people either choose it as their main method because they've ran out of options that would've been a better alternative or keep it as a backup just in case whatever plans they have to get their main method don't work out.

We've seen times varying degree to what extent all the symptoms have affected users who've survived and I still don't find them particularly distressing, and even they've described as so. The success of this method, just like any other, depends on the level of preparation you're willing to put in, whether it's taking responsibility for your own research and getting the correct items needed for it to work but statistically, I think there's already been a few medical articles out there that give an idea of how the response to this method has been, it's lethality is characterized by Methemoglobinemia which can induce tissue hypoxia and may then lead to cardiovascular collapse, causing death by acute respiratory failure.

I've seen opinions readjusted around this method more than I've seen for any other that's led to misinformation and overall, a sense of fear, at this point, listen to the facts, discuss accurate sources and take it from there.

I think anyone can say sn is a terrible death if it doesn't fit the definition of what a peaceful death is for them and what a terrible one is, everyone is different and I can respect that but there's just too much information out there right now to say it's an excruciating, agonizing death or saying that's it's completely peaceful without any discomfort. We know better now than 2019 so there's just very left to discuss on this method that hasn't been.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
this is making me consider SN as a backup method only.
I wouldn't make any decision bases off of a single case. Like @Goku Black mentioned above SN has been discussed about in depth for many years now, a lot more than other methods. I would look at those plus the explanation of it on the ppeh which is based off of 22 witnessed end of life by SN plus tones of avaliable medical literature reports of SN poisoning which indicates how "scary" effectiveness SN is even at low doses and even after calling for help right after ingestion. Make an educated decision for yourself after looking at those. But like I said above SN, like any other method, may not be everyone's choice.

A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
From everything I've read it appears to be a good method. Definitely not "terrible". Why would it be in the PPH if it's terrible? It's not the best method but it's not terrible. It's quite reliable and appears to be more reliable than most drug overdoses. I'd go with a firearm over SN just because I always have preferred those instant methods.

Last edited:
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023

• Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
B

bluegoldbear

Apr 14, 2024
Medical degree here, and I think proper overdoser was very on point. Benzo and opiate probably the most peaceful way to go. Extremely hard to source tho.

• Informative
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
Medical degree here, and I think proper overdoser was very on point. Benzo and opiate probably the most peaceful way to go. Extremely hard to source tho.
Do you mind giving the dosage in morphine equivalent and the quantity of benzos required? Also what would be the damage if the OD failed? Thank you.

B

bluegoldbear

Apr 14, 2024
The morphine equivalent depends on your tolerance, people are different baseline also. The values he posted in his thread are accurate tho. Benzo in my opinion is just to take the edge of anxiety and amnesia, not so much for respiratory depression.

• Informative
R

Rubypie41

Student
Mar 25, 2024
With you having a medical degree what are your thoughts on the below protocol:

Diazepam - 2g
Digoxin - 120mg
Morphine - 1g (oral solution 500ml bottle)
Amitriptyline - 10g

It's basically the official DDMA method but with less morphine, but more Diazepam, Digoxin and Amitriptyline.

The Digoxin, Diazepam and Amitriptyline would be ground into a fine powder, then added to the 500ml morphine oral solution.

• Informative
homesoon.

homesoon.

i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶
Apr 15, 2024
This guy seemed very knowledgeable about how drugs / poisons affect the body (well, maybe less so poisons). Any thoughts on the opinion he voices here?

Post in thread 'How are my SN Suicide Kit plans?'
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-are-my-sn-suicide-kit-plans.110343/post-1933607
As someone who has selected SN as their primary method, I recognize that there is no 100% peaceful method or one that involves a 100% no-f*ck-up. However, I think it depends on the person whether a certain method is "terrible" with a capital T. It depends more on your research, your preference, and what exactly you're willing/capable to deal with during end of life. For example, I know the symptoms I may experience when using SN as a way to cbt, but I always plan to take the extra steps necessary to lessen these symptoms to something more bearable to my individual capabilities.