Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65988

@tiredquail ws also parlysd whn thy usd SN - sh/ ws only othr cse whre slf hve hrd of tht tho

Slf cnnt remmbr whthr sh/ lst visn or nt

OP - hw wre u abl t/ cll 911 if u cld nt C

Also pls kp convrsatn civl & d/ nt rsort t/ nme-callng

Now that you mentioned it Dot, I forgot about @tiredquail taking sn even though she mixed it with Cola and Ice-tea.

My understanding of paralyzed with sn is due to the levels of Methomoglobinemia reaching above 50% which is usually there weakness or being somonolent which is followed by unconscious at levels of 70 and above, this is also where people may get cardiac arrest which does make the situation much more severe and often times, Fatal.

High levels of SN lead to methemoglobinemia, reducing the blood's ability to carry oxygen, which might result in weakness or fatigue. However, sudden and direct paralysis is not a common manifestation. It really could be that OPs case was caused by some other factor we don't know about.

For those who are frightened by how inconsistent things can be, I get that but this is where you have to accept that there may be factors out of your control, it's the same with every method, the best way to approach it with every method is just mitigate the common causes of failure, giving you a greater chance of ctb. It's the most any of us can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: DT2007, losing hope, リンさん and 1 other person
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Stories like this scare me. I'm determined to go through with SN suicide, but knowing it can cause temporary paralysis hardly makes it any easier!

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah it's a long time my ctb is this month I'm scared now 🥺
Don't be scared, such cases are rare.
What you have to remember is even though a product might say purity of 99.8% on the packaging. That is no guartunee that what is inside the packaging is still 99.8%.
The person that @MrDarkness mentioned is me. It was guaranteed that the purity was 99.8%. I didn't test it myself but a member here who I spoke to quite a bit had their friend test it, the results proved that the SN was pure.

Btw, OP
I also failed SN. I don't remember the symptoms exactly or what I experienced, I only remember the constant dry heaving. Slowly, what happened to me is coming back to me but I don't remember all the details on that day and the following days as well. If you want to talk, we can talk.
I'm sorry you failed. Every method has its downsides and SN's downsides, which don't occur to many people but in rare cases they do, are very agonizing.

Are you sure it wasn't nitrate that you had, though? I need some more details because not going unconscious with that much SN is quite frankly impossible. I understand that the symptoms and time it takes to pass out varies so you may have actually used nitrite, but I'm genuinely curious as to what happened to you.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop, losing hope, WonderingSoul and 1 other person
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
That sounds like anxiety, my dear. Your chest feeling like that is called anxiety. You werent sure of your attempt or simply started having panic attack because of SI. Stop trying to scare people here. Death requires people to be courageous. Stop complaining too, even if it was somewhat uncomfortable, it is what it is and thats it. People who want to truly die just take whatever they can. No one is gonna give you an easy way. Seems to me like a pro lifer .

Reactions: LetMeBeSad, uniqueusername39 and RainAndSadness
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
That sounds like anxiety, my dear. Your chest feeling like that is called anxiety. You werent sure of your attempt or simply started having panic attack because of SI.
I'm pretty sure that was caused by mainly tachycardia, not only anxiety. They were using an expression implying that their heart rate was very fast.
Stop trying to scare people here. Death requires people to be courageous. Stop complaining too, even if it was somewhat uncomfortable, it is what it is and thats it. People who want to truly die just take whatever they can. No one is gonna give you an easy way. Seems to me like a pro lifer .
The OP has no intentions of scaring anyone, it is important to be informed about everything, especially when planning to use an unpredictable (in some cases, though) method like SN. No one wants to scare anyone here anyways, we are all respectful of each other's choices.
Maybe informing people can be misinterpreted as scaremongering methods but that really isn't what anyone intends to do.
Death requires people to be courageous. Stop complaining too, even if it was somewhat uncomfortable, it is what it is and thats it. People who want to truly die just take whatever they can. No one is gonna give you an easy way. Seems to me like a pro lifer .
Yes, death indeed requires people to be courageous but because of SI, like you mentioned previously, people prefer to leave in a relatively peaceful and dignified manner and that is why N is frantically sought for by so many people. Even if they truly want to die, many would prefer a peaceful way out without any pain. It's human psychology.

You don't tell people to stop complaining, because of this. I attempted with SN and all I can say is that it was quite agonizing because of my nausea problems. Yes, I did take the required amount of antiemetic medication, I used to take that medication every day and all I can say is that it worked relatively well for me and therefore I underestimated how much I'd actually need for SN. I don't want anyone to else suffer the way I did so I will complain, just as everyone else will complain when they failed a method in which they experienced lots of pain in.

You don't need to mislead people into using a method, while they believe it is completely painless because everyone refuses to spread information about the risks and then they'll be surprised to see that they've experienced excruciating pain throughout the process. It is imperative that you know the risks of methods and you may argue that "no, not everyone experiences such pain", WELL, maybe the people in question aren't part of this category of people that experience no pain.

Knowing the risks is essential, and like you said, death takes courage, so you have to be brave and accept the risks.

And no, talking about your negative experience with a specific method isn't being a pro-lifer. If you accuse people of being such without any solid and valid evidence, you may be a pro-lifer in disguise as well… (not accusing you of being one, just know the risks of sending false accusations to others.)

• Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Regen, Spectre and 5 others
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
Thank you for sharing your story. I may have missed it, but may I ask: did you vomit or did the SN not make you nauseous?

Reactions: Meditation guide
D

Deleted member 65988

Are you sure it wasn't nitrate that you had, though? I need some more details because not going unconscious with that much SN is quite frankly impossible. I understand that the symptoms and time it takes to pass out varies so you may have actually used nitrite, but I'm genuinely curious as to what happened to you.
Yeah this part is what makes me want to know more, the fact that OP took 21g of SN, didn't throw up and didn't go unconscious within 12-20 mins because that is usually a lethal dose even when it's vomited. It's quite the anomaly from what we usually see.
Stories like this scare me. I'm determined to go through with SN suicide, but knowing it can cause temporary paralysis hardly makes it any easier!
I knew people would start to get shit scared because they've invested so much time into the method and were so sure they'd be able to use but here's the thing, paralysis seems to be a rarely occurring matter in this case.

Also, people please refrain from calling op a pro-lifer, I can see why @John Ryder mentioned a faction that comes out in aggression towards the slightest side eye in the direction of SN. We need to discuss as thoroughly as possible and I'm afraid that won't be the case if we don't cease from calling OP a Pro-lifer.

Reactions: kvsvenky100
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
It's quite the anomaly from what we usually see.
What really annoys me though is that if one person doesn't experience what people generally experience, upon SN ingestion, they're harassed, shunned, etc. Even called a pro-lifer. Just like the OP has been treated by some people in this reply section.

It's still unknown what the substance the OP used was or if the SN was pure enough but regardless, the OP should have been treated with respect.

Even I have been treated in a negative way when I talked about my experiences with SN, and it wasn't even in too much detail because 99% of my attempt I didn't remember.

People don't do their research and ignore posts talking about the risks and believe SN is the new N. It's bothersome and it makes me worried for others who are planning to use SN without knowing the risks and blindly listening to those who boast about how they believe someone who failed SN is a pro-lifer and their beliefs regarding how SN is the new N.

And many would argue that it's scaremongering a method but one of the most important things when attempting is being accepting of the outcomes of attempting, both immediate outcomes and those that would happen later, in case of failure.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Efilismislife, Regen and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

It's still unknown what the substance the OP used was or if the SN was pure enough but regardless, the OP should have been treated with respect.
I agree which is why I agreed with what @losing hope asked earlier. We shouldn't shut down people because their case doesn't fit what we usually see. I'd said we should wait for OP to come back and share what they can before things descend even further into there being no point in a discussion.

Even I have been treated in a negative way when I talked about my experiences with SN, and it wasn't even in too much detail because 99% of my attempt I didn't remember.
I know, I saw it all happen when you did your thread and even after that so I'm well aware.

People don't do their research and ignore posts talking about the risks and believe SN is the new N. It's bothersome and it makes me worried for others who are planning to use SN without knowing the risks and blindly listening to those who boast about how they believe someone who failed SN is a pro-lifer and their beliefs regarding how SN is the new N.
again, I agree. This is why I stressed in another thread https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...proper-medical-treatment.142737/#post-2253909 that is not a method to take lightly, it can be very lethal but also carry a significant amount of risks. We've seen that a bit over the course of the years, various cases of survival cases that everyone should take note of, not only to understand what caused failure and what may possibly happen from a health perspective should failure happen. I get it, we all want a method that's as good as it gets especially when we don't have many options to turn to elsewhere but we also need to learn more from what others share especially when it doesn't fit with how it is generally experienced.

And many would argue that it's scaremongering a method but one of the most important things when attempting is being accepting of the outcomes of attempting, both immediate outcomes and those that would happen later, in case of failure.
It could be, but we don't know till we have reason to be convinced that it is. We've had a string of cases where newer users post threads such as "I tested sn" or " i took sn" I guess newer users draw suspicion more than the members who are active like if it had to be me for example.

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
What stood out to me about this is that in spite of trying to save someone's life who had ingested SN
the hospital gave him anesthesia.

I don't recall if he said he was intubated, I don't think so. He also said he was in pain but not sure which part of his body hurt. SN does cause paralysis and loss of vision but usually just before losing consciousness.

Also how did they rescue him if he was paralyzed, was his door unlocked?

Last edited:
Reactions: RainAndSadness and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

What stood out to me about this is that in spite of trying to save someone's life who had ingested SN
the hospital gave him anesthesia.

I don't recall if he said he was intubated, I don't think so. He also said he was in pain but not sure which part of his body hurt.
hmm, maybe they did it before treatment from Methelyne blue since OP said they were not sure what happened and were running around, looking for a treatment. However anesthesia is not usually part of treatment of sn, In severe cases such as this, transfusion of normal red blood cells containing normal hemoglobin could be considered. This is largely unstudied, and presumably, the hemoglobin in the transfused blood would also become rapidly oxidized.

Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation might seem like a useful option; however, the primary problem is not oxygenation or cardiogenic shock, but rather the inability to deliver sufficient oxygen to tissues.

Theoretically, hyperbaric oxygen therapy could provide supraphysiologic amounts of dissolved oxygen in blood, obviating the need for hemoglobin to carry oxygen. However, such unstable, severely poisoned patients could not be transported to, nor placed in a hyperbaric chamber.

I think OP also said, in regards to pain, that they were paralyzed and cried with their eyes closed. The only left is for OP to come back and answer everything we've asked because it's opened up a whole discussion.

• Informative
Reactions: Orbitc, Meditation guide, dggtscccvfd and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I got it from a mainstream science lab supplier so I didn't see a point in testing. No it's a small canadian lab

Tasted like disgusting salt. Bitter I guess.

I can post an anonymized version of my blood tests on here if anyone is interested.
I would like to see the blood tests here if you want to.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
Because of this I will use a horse dose of propranolol with SN. I had the same heart rate problem during my first attempt with 600 digoxin tablets - I thought my heart would slow down until it stopped, but it raced until I passed out.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
hmm, maybe they did it before treatment from Methelyne blue since OP said they were not sure what happened and were running around, looking for a treatment. However anesthesia is not usually part of treatment of sn, In severe cases such as this, transfusion of normal red blood cells containing normal hemoglobin could be considered. This is largely unstudied, and presumably, the hemoglobin in the transfused blood would also become rapidly oxidized.

Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation might seem like a useful option; however, the primary problem is not oxygenation or cardiogenic shock, but rather the inability to deliver sufficient oxygen to tissues.

Theoretically, hyperbaric oxygen therapy could provide supraphysiologic amounts of dissolved oxygen in blood, obviating the need for hemoglobin to carry oxygen. However, such unstable, severely poisoned patients could not be transported to, nor placed in a hyperbaric chamber.

I think OP also said, in regards to pain, that they were paralyzed and cried with their eyes closed. The only left is for OP to come back and answer everything we've asked because it's opened up a whole discussion.
I wonder why they gave him anesthesia if he was paralyzed. Was that before or after the methalyne blue.

Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
Then I'm extremely depressed because this is my only way out
This is also my method and I am a little nervous, but I have already come to terms with the fact that death can be painful - the main thing is that it is effective. I still hope that I will quickly lose consciousness and it will be peaceful. What bothers me a little is what I read on Wikipedia - that sodium nitrite with hydrochloric acid melts even metals - I hope that I don't face the same painful death as people who drank vinegar died.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Praestat_Mori
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I mean this as no disrespect, but coming from a fairly neutral standpoint on the subject of sn - this begins to at times, sound & feel like... or strike a similar chord & has a tone, that reminds me of the way in which politics or religion is discussed in some circles in my country. Not saying that it is--simply giving an honest opinion/assessment/feedback~ (from someone who hasn't looked into this method in over a yr. & has now or since, forgotten more than I remember!). If I were to reinvest in such an endeavor, or path (method), I should like to view what results we could, from the most objective, and "scientific," manner/or way possible (i. e., first-hand accounts). If you don't have people who don't succeed failing to report their findings; you have skewed the data. And are thus blindly heading into something with which you may very well have nothing but 100% success. And to some, or even many, that may be all they need (for peace of mind). But it's just my two cents, or thoughts, & I don't even know if I'd chalk them up to constructive criticism. For if I were to have failed a year or so ago. The question I'd have to be asking, upon re-emerging, is: Do I want to go in front of the 'firing squad?' Never mind, or forget if it's worth-it... Just, do I have it in me, in my weakened state, and fragile condition. For the good of others, I'd have to honestly say I'd be on the fence on the matter--given primarily my pre-existing condition (which should in theory make it harder to fail; but that's neither here nor...)--so 50/50 at best. Again, "probably!" Because, until I'm there - 'who knows?' (how I'll feel). . .

That said, there have been some very reasonable, and fair questions asked. And it's a matter of whether one feels fit enough to answer, or defend all of them. Particularly when, you may not have all the answers that are being posed to you. Here again, I agree with much of the inquiries in the best interest of learning something new. It's study, and investigation, etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, LetMeBeSad, losing hope and 2 others
StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023
You're fucking joking, now im here sitting if i should still stick with sn or just jump on a highrise. Fuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
You're fucking joking, now im here sitting if i should still stick with sn or just jump on a highrise. Fuck.
Don't worry, seriously.
Cases like these are very rare, as the majority who attempt with SN have it relatively peaceful; not that much pain, at least no pain to the point where it's unbearable, and unconsciousness within 12 minutes; with minimal vomiting, and we don't have enough information from the OP yet to verify anything for sure. Don't panic.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, Regen, SenseOfLoss and 3 others
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
hmm, maybe they did it before treatment from Methelyne blue since OP said they were not sure what happened
I hardly imagine how they could sedate a patient in a critical situation when they need as much information as possible. Most likely, they would rather try to keep the patient conscious by all means before ensuring that he or she is going to recover.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I'm not stupid enough to take nitrate. And you need help if you think anyone cares enough to launch a psyop to convince you not to kill yourself. I literally talk about hanging and shotguns in my opening post. dumbass
You need to test it to know. You could've taken nitrate, that used to be nitrite, but converted to nitrate. The only way you'd know would be by testing.

Reactions: LetMeBeSad, Deleted member 65988 and Orbitc
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
I think best bet to make SN painless is to take shit load of benzos, best the ones wich dissolves under tongue (e.g. lorazepam in Switzerland was in such form) so you won't puke them.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Deleted member 65988, RainAndSadness and 1 other person
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
How long did those take to swallow or how did you manage this?
Digoxin tablets are very, very small - 600 tablets are only 6 packs - it's easy to swallow because I'm used to swallowing a bunch of huge tablets of amino acids, vitamins and all sorts of medicines for rheumatism. I do not recommend digoxin - it has proven to be ineffective and painful.

Reactions: Unknown21 and Meditation guide
S

serenec

Nov 29, 2023
When I tried using it, my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I felt like I was suffocating, and going unconscious took WAY too long. I'm still alive because I eventually called 9-11. I was looking for something quick and painless. I'm thinking hanging would be preferable as you go unconscious in under 30 secs, otherwise at this point I think a gun is the most ideal option. Has anyone else who's survived SN also thought that it was unnecessarily time consuming and painful?
I am so sorry to hear this.

D

Deleted member 65988

I wonder why they gave him anesthesia if he was paralyzed. Was that before or after the methalyne blue.
Well we just have to wait for OP now.
I hardly imagine how they could sedate a patient in a critical situation when they need as much information as possible. Most likely, they would rather try to keep the patient conscious by all means before ensuring that he or she is going to recover.
In the case of sn, inbutation is usually how the patient is provided oxygen because of their pulse oximetry levels dropping. They'll most likely be unconscious in many cases, from a few examples of the medical articles I've read, patients are usually found somnolent or unconscious by the time medical personnel arrive after the person themselves or whoever found them called.

In some cases, again in the context of sn, sometimes a bottle is found at the scene or the person tells the ER that they took sn. This is why some people have died on the way to ER with SN, keeping them consious doesn't always happen in order to obtain as much information as possible as to what they ingested and how much.

D

Deleted member 65988

Don't worry, seriously.
Cases like these are very rare, as the majority who attempt with SN have it relatively peaceful; not that much pain, at least no pain to the point where it's unbearable, and unconsciousness within 12 minutes; with minimal vomiting, and we don't have enough information from the OP yet to verify anything for sure. Don't panic.
See the problem now is, people have become absolutely terrified of what happened to OP, happening to them. I think the sooner op logs in again to gives as much answers as possible, the better can understand to learn and gain something new. It's created a panic now which I don't think people should get too emotionally wrapped in this.

For how deadly SN is from what I've read, I'm still seriously surprised OP took an amount that is enough to kill 96% of the time, didn't vomit at all and was conscious until ER arrived.
I think best bet to make SN painless is to take shit load of benzos, best the ones wich dissolves under tongue (e.g. lorazepam in Switzerland was in such form) so you won't puke them.
Well users have implemented Alprazolam, Clonazepam and Lorazepam into regimens so it does work and that's why I got benzos.

Reactions: SenseOfLoss and Meditation guide
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I'm sorry your method failed. I can't say anything about gun methods or hanging, but I do hope you are feeling better now and that your next attempt will be peaceful.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
SN is the holy grail of this forum, anytime it is questioned it raises a lot of concerns and people get defensive. It doesn't help that OP story has some weird holes in them, and they got defensive when asked if their SN was in perfect conditions. I believe them in the end, I absolutely do not think they are a pro-lifer.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Efilismislife and WonderingSoul
D

Deleted member 65988

SN is the holy grail of this forum, anytime it is questioned it raises a lot of concerns and people get defensive. It doesn't help that OP story has some weird holes in them, and they got defensive when asked if their SN was in perfect conditions. I believe them in the end, I absolutely do not think they are a pro-lifer.
I wouldn't call it the Holy grail of the forum. I'd call it the "best of the rest" method in terms of not having access to something like N, a Gun, Inert gas or anything that can is better in terms of peacfulness or effectiveness comparison wise plus its not as restricted as those methods....yet. I agree though, It didn't help that Op was a bit defensive when they said they weren't going to argue about it to @losing hope when all LH did was ask a question. I don't think OP has any motive to lie but there's a few things that still need to be addressed.

Reactions: LetMeBeSad, SenseOfLoss and Lupgevif
Status
Not open for further replies.