AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Per the rules of the forum, the mods will ban your account when you create a Goodbye thread. It is for your own protection. If the user is well, they can appeal to have their account re-instated.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, voyager, Life_and_Death and 1 other person
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Per the rules of the forum, the mods will ban your account when you create a Goodbye thread. It is for your own protection. If the user is well, they can appeal to have their account re-instated.

Thanks!

AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

Just wanna close my eyes, and feel alright
May 27, 2020
Should his name have been crossed out so quickly? What if he didn't go and wanted to give feedback

Regardless hope it was over quick
Does it not get crossed out when you leave the forum? I was talking to someone on PM about an hour ago, went back to see their msg and they had left one and then are crossed out?? i was like WTF!!! dunno what went on!
I've wondered about that too. It's one of the rules of this site that anyone who ctb's has their name crossed out right away. I would prefer they give it a week or two.

He more than likely self banned himself as he was sure of his plan. You can disable your account yourself if you decide to leave, whether that be CTB or moving on from the site (you can of course ban-appeal later on). They don't instantly cross out names afaik, unless I assume there's guarantee you've CTB. You'll find a few threads on site of people who've supposedly CTB and are inactive, that are still unbanned on site.

Last edited:
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
He more than likely self banned himself as he was sure of his plan. You can disable your account yourself if you decide to leave, whether that be CTB or moving on from the site (you can of course ban-appeal later on). They don't instantly cross out names afaik, unless I assume there's guarantee you've CTB. You'll find a few threads on site of people who've supposedly CTB and are inactive, that are still unbanned on site.

A self ban requires 48 hours before it takes effect. Also it does not have to be a guarantee that you ctb'd. You are banned if you create a goodbye thread.

Last edited:
shush

shush

can you find me space inside your bleeding heart?
Aug 16, 2020
hope you found peace.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

May 27, 2020
A self ban requires 48 hours before it takes effect. Also it does not have to be a guarantee that you ctb'd. You are banned if you create a goodbye thread.
I thought a self ban would be instant. no? Usually how it happens on other forums I'm a part of. (Also, I did say moving on from the site instead of just CTbing as reason for selfban).

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I thought a self ban would be instant. no? Usually how it happens on other forums I'm a part of. (Also, I did say moving on from the site instead of just CTbing as reason for selfban).

]

Under rules & Info - Can I close, ban, or disable my account?
"You can click on the "Disable account" button at the bottom of the dropdown that appears when you click your user at the top of the page, or from the bottom of the sidebar when you go to your preferences. You will be asked to input your password, and then you will have 48 hours to cancel the timer, otherwise, your account will be PERMANENTLY disabled once the time expires."

Under Leaving
If you make a thread stating you are leaving the site, you should disable your account for your safety and privacy. If you do not, we will for you

Last edited:
Reactions: AwokenToReality
AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

May 27, 2020
]

Under rules & Info - Can I close, ban, or disable my account?
"You can click on the "Disable account" button at the bottom of the dropdown that appears when you click your user at the top of the page, or from the bottom of the sidebar when you go to your preferences. You will be asked to input your password, and then you will have 48 hours to cancel the timer, otherwise, your account will be PERMANENTLY disabled once the time expires."

Under Leaving
If you make a thread stating you are leaving the site, you should disable your account for your safety and privacy. If you do not, we will for you

Ah, wasn't aware it worked like that on this site, thanks for correcting me with the information :)