• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
This is a very easy, painless, free method, that can very easily pass as accidental.

Directions:
https://imgur.com/a/cNul4r7

I haven't seen it mentioned before, but they sure like to warn us about it, basically giving us instructions by doing the opposite of their points

Instructions:
https://imgur.com/a/0Kin07q

This is a excerpt from their website:

WHO: Shallow water blackout (SWB) can affect anyone who is breath-holding, even the physically fit swimmer. It is especially seen in competitive swimmers, Navy SEALs, snorkelers, spearfishermen or anyone who free-dives. Blackouts cut across the spectrum of freediver training affecting all levels. No one is protected from succumbing to an underwater blackout.

WHAT: Shallow Water Blackout results from hypoxia (low oxygen) to the brain. What triggers one to breathe is elevation of carbon dioxide (CO2), not low oxygen (O2). One basically "blacks out" or faints in the water. For some, their lungs will take on water leading to drowning while others simply suffocate or die of other causes brought on by the breath-holding. **Death can be a result of the prolonged breath-holding, even if not from so called "Shallow Water Blackout." Breath-holding may stimulate genetic triggers leading to various causes of death.

WHERE: Shallow Water Blackout can occur in any body of water (pool, lake, river, ocean or bath tub) when breath-holding under water, regardless of water depth. Even if lifeguards are on duty, there is still a great risk because it is hard to detect from above the water.

WHEN: Frequently, Shallow Water Blackout occurs WITHOUT ANY WARNING of its onset. In fact, because of the hypoxia and detached mental state one can feel euphoric and empowered to continue breath-holding. Unlike regular drowning where there can be 6-8 minutes before brain damage and death, there are ONLY about 2 ½ minutes before BRAIN DAMAGE then DEATH with SWB because the brain has already been oxygen deprived coupled with warm water as in swimming pools, hastening brain death.

WHY: Shallow Water Blackout occurs because of the LACK OF EDUCATION, AWARENESS, and UNDERSTANDING of the dangers of breath-holding. It also occurs because of the lack of safety training for swimmers, freedivers, snorkelers, and spearfishermen. The breath-holders do not understand how to prevent Shallow Water Blackout or how to survive if it happens to them. Unfortunately, training does not inoculate one against SWB. All too often trained freedivers succumb.

tldr: hyperventilate yourself then hold your breath underwater. You will blackout long before you are out of breath, and death comes within 3-4 minutes after that.

Last edited:
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I just tried hyperventilating myself to see if I was capable of doing it...it's scary easy. I stood straight up, inhaled and exhaled as much and as hard as I could for 1 minute, then held my breath. Instantly dizzy and lightheaded. I have no doubt that if I increased my hyperventilation time, jumped into water and held my breath...I wouldn't wake up.

This is my new method, fuck everything else. I will be able to end my life, and make it look like I'm just a shitty swimmer. I'm so exicted!

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I tried hyperventilating and holding my breath and didnt pass out, just felt dizzy :(

Then you need to hyperventilate for longer. If you felt dizzy, it means it working. I cant guarantee this works for everyone, but I was able to get on the verge of a blackout on my first try. This is a unintended way to die, it happens naturally without people trying to achieve it. Keep practicing!

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I dont get it. If I hyperventilate how can I hold my breath under water if I'm unconscious

Once you hit the lightheaded, dizzy, euphoria like state from hyperventilation, you submerge yourself in water and hold your breath. since you are already so deprived, while trying to hold your breath, you will feint before your body tells you to take a breath. Hyperventilate, go underwater, and play the "hold your breath for as long as you can" game. You will blackout before you lose. If unsuccessful, practice until you teach your body to reach this state. It happens on accident to professional breath holders. The only reason this method is deadly is because you are doing it underwater.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Sorry it says in the article drowning or dying of other cause to holding your breath

I apologize, but I'm not sure what you're misunderstanding here

There is a game called "the black out challenge" where teens would record themselves hyperventilating, and feinting. If this happened to you, being unconscious while underwater, then you will drown. Here is a video for reference.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
I apologize, but I'm not sure what you're misunderstanding here

There is a game called "the black out challenge" where teens would record themselves hyperventilating, and feinting. If this happened to you, being unconscious while underwater, then you will drown. Here is a video for reference.

In your main post it says some will drown from taking in water while others die from suffocating from other causes

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
In your main post it says some will drown from taking in water while others die from suffocating from other causes

Yes, your lungs could fill with water, or your passed out body might not take a breath, and just kill the brain by cutting off the oxygen. There is no question that this method is lethal, as there are statistics recording the people who have passed away by this cause. Recreating it might take a bit of trial and error, learning how to make yourself go unconscious...but once you can do that, Do it in water. Then you die.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Once you hit the lightheaded, dizzy, euphoria like state from hyperventilation, you submerge yourself in water and hold your breath. since you are already so deprived, while trying to hold your breath, you will feint before your body tells you to take a breath. Hyperventilate, go underwater, and play the "hold your breath for as long as you can" game. You will blackout before you lose. If unsuccessful, practice until you teach your body to reach this state. It happens on accident to professional breath holders. The only reason this method is deadly is because you are doing it underwater.
I had a friend who hyperventilated after smoking up too much. He fell face first into a puddle. It was such a surprise to see him lying on the road blowing bubbles that we almost let him drown...chuckle. I had forgotten all about that.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I had a friend who hyperventilated after smoking up too much. He fell face first into a puddle. It was such a surprise to see him lying on the road blowing bubbles that we almost let him drown...chuckle. I had forgotten all about that.

Haha it can happen easily. If you didn't save him, he would probably hold the record for smallest body of water to drown in.

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
Anybody have stats on how many actually die from this little trick? I have come so close to dying in the bath so many times...epilepsy, but always come to in a huge puddle beside the bath. This might really work.

Last edited:
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Anybody have stats on how many actually die from this little trick?

I'm trying to find some. The website I found has a memorial page to highlight people who have lost their lives to, if that interests you, here it is:

http://www.shallowwaterblackoutprevention.org/memorials

I'm going continue to try and find some statistics, and I will update this thread with any related information I find.

B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
Anybody have stats on how many actually die from this little trick? I have come so close to dying in the bath so many times...epilepsy, but always come to in a huge puddle beside the bath. This might really work.

I found a fucking 5 year case study on it lol.

Now keep in mind, these people are not trying to die. These are the statistics of free divers who died from underwater blackouts. This is called a freedive blackout.

I think this is the best Statistics I'll be able to find that shed some light onto the effectiveness of SWB

Table 1
https://imgur.com/a/6R3uSk0

Table 2
https://imgur.com/a/0ev85Pi

Here are their results:
    • A total of 417 freediving accident cases were captured; 308 fatal and 109 non-fatal.
    • 51±9 (40-63) fatal cases annually (Figure 1).
    • Incidents were reported from 56 countries.
    • 46% in America; 11% in Australia; and single digits elsewhere.
    • Freediving victims were 41±17 (5-93) years of age (92% known) (Figure 2).
    • Most freediving victims were male(86%)
      • Dive activity was described as snorkeling (46%), spearfishing (25%), freediving (18%) and collecting (11%) (92% known).
      • Incidents were reported in ocean (90%), swimming pools (3.6%), lakes/quarries (3.3%), rivers/springs (1.8%) and other (1.3%) (94% known).
      • Witnesses were present in 61% of cases (64% known) but generally with incomplete details of the event.
      • The majority of victims were diving with a partner or group (59% known) (Figure 3).
      • Disabling injuries were most obvious with acute animal or boat trauma. The most common disabling agent was loss of consciousness, typically intuited in fatal cases from witness reports and/or circumstances due to the lack of physical evidence.
      • Initial triggers were frequently impossible to confirm in fatal cases.
      • Excessive hyperventilation was most frequently suspected.
      • Health issues implicated for many older victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.