• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

canyouseeme

Feb 17, 2023
If youve managed to board it then I hope it was a peaceful and painless one 🌌

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Can you explain to me as well? I didn't see any of their messages and am a bit confused

A membr ws nt respctng Nonis chce & ws also tryng 2 emotnlly blck-ml hr in2 changng hr decisn -- thy also lied abt thr reasn fr joinng in ordr 2 mke thse typs of cmmnts 2wrds ppl -- ths = nt accptble

No1 on SaSu wnts othr ppl 2 ctb bt as lng as ppl r makng a rationl & informd chce thn thr decisn mst b respctd

Am nt wantng thred 2 b d-raild s/ 0 mre commnts wll b mde abt ths goin 4wrd

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: kitty_kat, not-2-b-the-answer, betternever2havbeen and 5 others
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023

Ocean Man, from Ween. Mark was right. Nothing can kill me. I'm drinking lemon water and eating some oatmeal. I'll try again later tonight. I feel like such a failure.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer, roadtogo and 5 others
Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023

Ocean Man, from Ween. Mark was right. Nothing can kill me. I'm drinking lemon water and eating some oatmeal. I'll try again later tonight. I feel like such a failure.

Gosh, I am so sorry for you....

• Hugs
Reactions: nonialabaster
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
I'll try again later tonight.
Again: Please, please don't! Check the quality of your SN first.

Based on the information you provided, it should've been 100% lethal. There must be something off with either digestion or the SN itself. Please check before to avoid another situation like this!

• Informative
Reactions: nonialabaster
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023

Velvet Underground. The first time Mark and I went to Chicago, we were walking down a street and saw a building manager throwing some woman's belongings out into the street, because she was behind on her rent. He was screaming at her, while she was frantically trying to pick them up. Mark and I helped her, and gave her the cash we had with us. We got back to our cheap-ass motel room and listened to this song.
Again: Please, please don't! Check the quality of your SN first.

Based on the information you provided, it should've been 100% lethal. There must be something off with either digestion or the SN itself. Please check before to avoid another situation like this!
I'm thinking it's my pancreas. It takes forever to digest something. Chronic Pancreatitis is a motherfucker. I'm a tiny thing, but my metabolism is not. It takes forever.

Andy Warhol's favorite VU song.
I'm still mad at my old friend, Mike T., who has a first pressing of this album! He'd bring it out at parties and dance around with it, saying, "You can't touch it, bitches!"

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, kitty_kat, not-2-b-the-answer and 8 others
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
I'm thinking it's my pancreas. It takes forever to digest something. Chronic Pancreatitis is a motherfucker. I'm a tiny thing, but my metabolism is not. It takes forever.

From the PPeH:

There has been considerable debate about the advantage of
lowering stomach acid in order to lessen gastric NO production
(with the associated drop in blood pressure) vis a vis allowing more nitrite to be directly absorbed into the blood from the
small intestine.
Therefore, the benefit (in terms of potentiation) of taking an
antacid such asMylanta or an H2-antagonist such as Cimetidine
or a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) such as Nexium, cannot be established. This is no longer advised.

It advises against lowering stomach acids, but it does not mention how to deal with morbidly excess stomach acid.

Again, I would still test the SN quality and hopefully, we find someone here who could comment on the pancreatitis issue here.

Whatever the case is with antacids, it seems that self-medicated lowering of stomach acids by baking soda has an adverse effect:

• Informative
Reactions: heavyeyes and not-2-b-the-answer
chr74

chr74

Student
Mar 29, 2023
i got my SN from the same place as nonia (IC), im really put off against taking it now, you'd think it would have worked!

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes and not-2-b-the-answer
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
From the PPeH:

It advises against lowering stomach acids, but it does not mention how to deal with morbidly excess stomach acid.

Again, I would still test the SN quality and hopefully, we find someone here who could comment on the pancreatitis issue here.

Whatever the case is with antacids, it seems that self-medicated lowering of stomach acids by baking soda has an adverse effect:

That's my worry. I'm old school, when I have a flare or any reflux. I drink a baking soda/water combo. It works better than Tums. Mark loved it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023

Velvet Underground. The first time Mark and I went to Chicago, we were walking down a street and saw a building manager throwing some woman's belongings out into the street, because she was behind on her rent. He was screaming at her, while she was frantically trying to pick them up. Mark and I helped her, and gave her the cash we had with us. We got back to our cheap-ass motel room and listened to this song.

I'm still mad at my old friend, Mike T., who has a first pressing of this album! He'd bring it out at parties and dance around with it, saying, "You can't touch it, bitches!"

Oh my dear, what a nightmare you're having, I'm so sorry. Please take your time before trying again. Much love from across the pond :heart:

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and nonialabaster
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Where do these assholes come from? I'm sitting with KaliKat in my lap. She's purring like an engine. I want to thank all of y'all, for coming to my defense. I truly appreciate it. I'm trying again, in a few hours. I'll not take the beta-blockers. I think that's what stopped it.
Hey Noni, I'm so damn sorry that you haven't reached the end result you desire. That is so frustrating.. My heart goes out to you.

I just want to add a few notes real fast:
1.) Many people have implemented beta blockers (propranolol) without issue.
2.) Sodium nitrate- NaNO3- also turns the blood chocolate-brown. The blood test is useless in determining NaNO2 vs NaNO3.

The pancreatic issues very well could be the cause of interference. I am going to do some research on this very topic after I finish this post.

I have a couple questions. No need to answer them if you're simply not in the mood. My feelings won't be hurt, as I know how desperate it feels to want to leave so badly but remain stuck. But if you do feel up to it, I'd like to help.

Q: Did you implement an antiemetic like metaclopramide or domperidone, both of which have dual mechanisms:
(1) anti-nausea by means of D2 (dopamine) receptor antagonists/blockers, and
(2) gastric emptying/prokinetics (speeding up the process of moving stomach contents to the small intestines).

Q: Did you use IC SN? If so, I have 3 different aquarium tests on hand, as well as IC SN; so I would gladly perform a nitrite test on my product if you would like.

I hope I don't come off as obnoxious. I'm really just trying to help. ❤

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Lost in a Dream and redbathingduck
chr74

chr74

Student
Mar 29, 2023
@Elle_oh when did you buy your IC SN, did you get the 50g bag? if you do the test on it please let us know the result, thanks

Rocket

Rocket

Oct 12, 2022
Lit a candle for you, Noni. Thinking of you and sending you love and positive energy. :heart:

• Love
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
@Elle_oh when did you buy your IC SN, did you get the 50g bag? if you do the test on it please let us know the result, thanks
I purchased the 3 pack of 50g bags this past February. The 3 packets are unopened and stored in a glass jar with an airtight lid; inside the same jar are a humidity-reader card and a couple of desiccant sachets. Parafilm is wrapped around the seal of the jar lid. You can call me Miss Overkill, lol. 😉
Is their product not the same all around?

I've also got some other SN from a different source that I found on my own before joining here, as well as 2 diff NaNO3 (nitrate) products for cross-comparison. I've been meaning to do my tests on both nitrites vs the nitrates for over a month now, but I've been sorta sad and unmotivated, thus procrastinating to the extreme.

But look, I am verbose to a fault and that makes me feel badly; and I also don't want to hijack this thread, so I digress.

If Noni wants me to test my product(s), I'll do it today. If not, I'll get to it on the next sunny day that rolls around, hopefully. Lol. 🙂 (Cloudy days zap all of my motivation, and it's very grey and cloudy today.)

Noni, I'm sorry for clogging up your thread. I'm going to back off until I hear from you. ❤

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
chr74

chr74

Student
Mar 29, 2023
im quite confused about sodium nitrite, does anyone know if, once it is opened and exposed to air, if you have to use it really quickly or something otherwise it turns into useless sodium nitrAte ?

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Hey Noni, I'm so damn sorry that you haven't reached the end result you desire. That is so frustrating.. My heart goes out to you.

I just want to add a few notes real fast:
1.) Many people have implemented beta blockers (propranolol) without issue.
2.) Sodium nitrate- NaNO3- also turns the blood chocolate-brown. The blood test is useless in determining NaNO2 vs NaNO3.

The pancreatic issues very well could be the cause of interference. I am going to do some research on this very topic after I finish this post.

I have a couple questions. No need to answer them if you're simply not in the mood. My feelings won't be hurt, as I know how desperate it feels to want to leave so badly but remain stuck. But if you do feel up to it, I'd like to help.

Q: Did you implement an antiemetic like metaclopramide or domperidone, both of which have dual mechanisms:
(1) anti-nausea by means of D2 (dopamine) receptor antagonists/blockers, and
(2) gastric emptying/prokinetics (speeding up the process of moving stomach contents to the small intestines).

Q: Did you use IC SN? If so, I have 3 different aquarium tests on hand, as well as IC SN; so I would gladly perform a nitrite test on my product if you would like.

I hope I don't come off as obnoxious. I'm really just trying to help. ❤
You are a sweetheart. Have some more Ween. Sorry if I've shared this one before.

I'm feeling like doody today.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and TapeMachine
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Something here has to go your way, love. There was some bad sn going around, but i don't think it was from ic. I didn't pay too much attention, as sn isn't my method of choice. Really hope this happens for you tonight. Gonna have horrible, toneless, wonderful VU in my head all day at work now, thinking about you. Good luck.

N

NorthernMonkey

Student
Apr 6, 2023

Neil Young, Velvet Underground, you are really spoiling us now :) Best gig ever for me was Neil Young, worst was Michael Jackson, my kid brother loved MJ and needed a responsible adult to take him, there weren't any available so I took him instead :) Hope you are looking after yourself and taking a little time to recover. It will happen when the time is right. If you are up to it, what were your best and worst gigs? Sounds like you experienced a good few?

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and nonialabaster
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I know, I know. But please read:

I have researched this for way over an hour now.

In conclusion: you pancreas might likely have something to do with why it failed. And especially Oxidation does. Oxidation might have formed it to smth over time that your pancreas cannot process due to your condition. Your pancreas are unable to process those certain types of globin the SN forms. Especially if it additionally inflamed due to the high amount of salt it won't let any enzymes pass that are necessary to absorb SN properly. The color of the blood can mean that it was still able to absorb part of it which is also why your legs felt numb so it was simply not enough.

But in total it could be anything. Please don't try it again as quickly as you plan. It can greatly damage your pancreas further and leave you permanently damaged as well.

• Informative
Reactions: ComingClose, heavyeyes, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023

Mark and I saw Sonic Youth a few times. One of the best shows was in a smallish place in Dallas. There was a guy standing behind us, he kept saying, "This is all mental masturbation." Mark and I were rolling our eyes, but Mark finally turned around and quietly said to him, "Then, why don't you leave, motherfucker?"
Flaming Lips were great, too.

Mark's favorite Pixies song. We had the pleasure of seeing them, in our travels.
Neil Young, Velvet Underground, you are really spoiling us now :) Best gig ever for me was Neil Young, worst was Michael Jackson, my kid brother loved MJ and needed a responsible adult to take him, there weren't any available so I took him instead :) Hope you are looking after yourself and taking a little time to recover. It will happen when the time is right. If you are up to it, what were your best and worst gigs? Sounds like you experienced a good few?
Still posting music, but, man, does my stomach hurt. Took a nap with Kali and talked to a friend on the phone, but I feel like absolute shit. Kali has been all over my midsection. Cats seem to know exactly where the pain is. Kristen did that, with Mark. She'd perch on his right shoulder and wrap her arms around him. She found his cancer quicker than his doctor did.

Trigger warning. Joy Division.
Gonna sign off for a bit and get in the shower. Everything tastes like pennies.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Aisley, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023
Since you mentioned Joy Division, I wanted to share this with you in case you haven't heard it already. This is a set of rehearsal takes of the final Joy Division song, "In a Lonely Place," which was later recorded by New Order after Ian Curtis's death. These particular recordings were made on May 14, 1980 - just four days before Ian caught the bus. It gives me a strange sort of comfort to hear Ian sing so openly about his impending suicide (e.g. the lyric "hangman looks round as he waits/cord stretches tight then it breaks") and I hope it comforts the others in this thread as well. There's a reason why a photo of Ian is my profile pic!

• Love
Reactions: ThisUnrest, murmur and nonialabaster
LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
So sorry you are feeling so awful. Just rest as much as possible and let KaliKat cuddle you.

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Since you mentioned Joy Division, I wanted to share this with you in case you haven't heard it already. This is a set of rehearsal takes of the final Joy Division song, "In a Lonely Place," which was later recorded by New Order after Ian Curtis's death. These particular recordings were made on May 14, 1980 - just four days before Ian caught the bus. It gives me a strange sort of comfort to hear Ian sing so openly about his impending suicide (e.g. the lyric "hangman looks round as he waits/cord stretches tight then it breaks") and I hope it comforts the others in this thread as well. There's a reason why a photo of Ian is my profile pic!

That is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it. I went to see "Control" in 2007. It was here for only one showing, as part of a film festival. Mark was working that night, so I went alone. Everybody else seeing the movie was alone, too. We were all dressed the same. All in black, wearing Docs. I showed up at Mark's restaurant with red eyes. He rushed to hug me, beer in hand.
That is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it. I went to see "Control" in 2007. It was here for only one showing, as part of a film festival. Mark was working that night, so I went alone. Everybody else seeing the movie was alone, too. We were all dressed the same. All in black, wearing Docs. I showed up at Mark's restaurant with red eyes. He rushed to hug me, beer in hand.
Look what you made me do!

I love how Peter and Bernie always remembered Ian. You can hear him, in the riffs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LigottiSchopenhauer
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023

Look what you made me do!

I love how Peter and Bernie always remembered Ian. You can hear him, in the riffs.

I also love the Joy Division rehearsal take of Ceremony, recorded in April 1980. So hauntingly beautiful. I would listen to this back when I was a suicidal teenager, and it's just as meaningful now that I'm a suicidal 25 year old.

• Love
Reactions: murmur and nonialabaster
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I also love the Joy Division rehearsal take of Ceremony, recorded in April 1980. So hauntingly beautiful. I would listen to this back when I was a suicidal teenager, and it's just as meaningful now that I'm a suicidal 25 year old.

You seem much older than that.

Reactions: LigottiSchopenhauer
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Have some more Fatboy Slim. I'm puking again
Back in a bit
Back to bed. My stomach is roiling and theres some dog loose in my yard. Kali is not having it she is meowing through our bedroom windows. New neighbors who don't leash.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, betternever2havbeen, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Student
Jan 7, 2023

Back in a bit
Back to bed. My stomach is roiling and theres some dog loose in my yard. Kali is not having it she is meowing through our bedroom windows. New neighbors who don't leash.
I've enjoyed talking with you. I hope you have a good night.

• Love
Reactions: nonialabaster and not-2-b-the-answer
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023

This is Marty Robbins. My brother had a limo=company, who hosted him.

BTW, I'm from West Texas, but not from El Paso. That's about 300 miles from where I grew up. Texas is a huge state.

BTW, I'm from West Texas, but not from El Paso. That's about 300 miles from where I grew up. Texas is a huge state.

Watch "Breaking Bad." The writer put everything right, with the names. Felina.

Why wont this stop?
back to bed. I called Mark. he'll be here soon
Took my other drink

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WaitingToGo and not-2-b-the-answer