• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Yeah that's what I thought as well, but Gasmonkey hasn't mentioned it in his list
This not an essential step for scba since you got an exhalation valve. It will only make you loose consciousness faster.

• Informative
Reactions: Sweet Tart
J

JC96178235

Aug 26, 2022
This not an essential step for scba since you got an exhalation valve. It will only make you loose consciousness faster.
Oh okay thank you, do you know if there's anyway to test a used LDV & Mask from eBay?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
How much did it cost(SCBA+cylinder)?
Mask and LDV 200 €
Regulator 200 €

However I switched to a different mask which is supposed to have a exhalation valve with less resistance.
This mask was 230 €

I also have to say I had luck, the initial listings where posted some days apart. It might take some time
to source this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ztem
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Does anyone know if this mask would work? I have a CGA 580 regulator and a CGA 580 to CGA 346 adapter. I am planning on connecting the end of the hose of this mask to the adapter.

Screenshot 2023 08 10 at 105249 AM

moonseeker

moonseeker

Last mission : painless departure
Aug 22, 2023
Does anyone know if pa90 is compatible with the air to N2 adapter ?
Here is a picture of what it looks like (not taken by me since I didn't buy it yet)
s-l1600.jpg

To put it simply. do avoid PSS90.
What about the PA90 ?

FreeSpirit1Love

FreeSpirit1Love

Navigating the storm to my final port
Jul 27, 2023
But it would be easier to use one of those buble helmets (which are basically the perfect ExitBag).
In your opinion, what are the pro and cons of utilizing the mask in your original post (which is amazing, btw, and thank you tons!!!!) over the bubble helmets / exit bags?

L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020
With SCBA you breath a guaranteed 100% pure gas from the get-go with absolutely zero air/oxygen, the time to loss consciousness will surely be under 20 seconds. In Russel Ogden's study with ExitBag the subjects blacked out in ~11 seconds. - GasMonkey

I didnt get a chance to ask him how long until death. Anyone know with SCBA?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
With SCBA you breath a guaranteed 100% pure gas from the get-go with absolutely zero air/oxygen, the time to loss consciousness will surely be under 20 seconds. In Russel Ogden's study with ExitBag the subjects blacked out in ~11 seconds. - GasMonkey

I didnt get a chance to ask him how long until death. Anyone know with SCBA?

Should not make any difference. Permanent brain damage after 5 minutes, brain dead after 10 minutes.

Reactions: anonaon
A

AnhedonicAna

Aug 29, 2023
🐵 GasMonkey Setup 🐵
[Nitrogen SCBA]
Positive Pressure Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus

**images have been edited to ensure anonymity**
Front view
1. Front view.jpg

Side view
2. Side view.jpg

Back view
3. Back view.jpg

Pressure gauge
4. Pressure gauge.jpg

Lung Demand Valve and Mask
5. LDV and mask.jpg

Bluetooth pulse oximeter
6. Pulse oximeter.jpg

Cylinder attachment
166608_7._Cylinder_attachment.jpg

Cylinder's connection (DIN 477-1 Nr. 10)
8. Valve with no adapter.jpg

Air-to-Nitrogen adapter, DIN 477-1 No. 10 (W24.32) to DIN 477-1 No. 13 (G5/8").
This will be connected to the Nitrogen cylinder to be able to connect Air regulators.
9 Air to Nitrogen adapter

Measurement of the adapter's width
10 Adapter width

Measurement of the regulator's width (more than enough to receive the adapter)
166856_11.__Regulator_width.jpg

32mm spanner, the only tool needed
12 32mm spanner

Flow restrictor for gas purity testing
13 Flow restrictor

O₂ testing
**brands have not been removed because this can't be used to CTB, just to test the purity of a gas**
14 O testing

CO₂ testing
15 CO testing

Tablet data, on-the-fly monitoring of: Time, O₂ saturation and heart rate
Tablet data

Jim Carrey smile 1

Ted Bundy smile 2
Hi guys & GasMonkey,

I wanted to confirm whether a bit similar method (not alike at all, but it involves N2) works or not.

Let's say I get an N2 cylinder that's 19.5 Cu. Ft. (roughly 550L). Buy an N2 regulator that hooks the tank with a scuba regulator with a mouthpiece, clip the nose/block the nose completely to allow the breathing from the scuba regulator through the mouth only.

The pressure of the scuba regulator will be 140 PSI. The pressure of the tank will be 1500 PSI.

The reason for going with a scuba regulator is because of no potential leakage of N2, or no external air coming in (environmental air where 21% is O2).

Will this work with the guarantee? If no, what are the complications we can troubleshoot in order to ensure the perfect way to CBT?

Additional questions can be arisen, but I have a few questions myself to begin with:

1. Will the 550L (19.5 Cu. Ft.) cylinder be enough or it will run out?
  2. Will the scuba regulator fall out once one's rendered unconscious or a stage 2 scuba regulator tends to stay in your mouth without the need of actively trying to hold?

There can be other potential complications or questions that I have not covered using this method, which you guys can feel free to discuss!

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Will this work with the guarantee? If no, what are the complications we can troubleshoot in order to ensure the perfect way to CBT?
Death will be the same as with scba but the technical details are different.

We have a SCUBA expert and a dedicated thread:

A

AnhedonicAna

Aug 29, 2023
I guess there has been a data loss for the past few days, right? Or is it just me?
Everything on this thread along with the messages from the past few days seem to have wiped out. I don't know though, can anyone else confirm the same, or it's just me, again?

M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
I guess there has been a data loss for the past few days, right? Or is it just me?
Everything on this thread along with the messages from the past few days seem to have wiped out. I don't know though, can anyone else confirm the same, or it's just me, again?
It's real alright, messages are missing indeed.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
As of this morning many messages in my inbox have disappeared.

Sonny77

Sonny77

Aug 17, 2023
Thanks GasMonkey for the great thread. You haven't been online for a while and I think you've managed CTB.

I was able to buy a mask with a regulator for €95 from a fire department surplus. I'll get the rest together too. Should be €500 in total.

Two questions:

1. I would like to use a pressure regulator that allows the working pressure (outlet pressure) to be regulated. Is 5 bar ok for a regulator?

2. Is a 10 liter bottle enough?

Thank you, I'm really happy to have found the forum guys.