• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Just realized that I should have measured the air-to-nitrogen adapter for edge-to-edge instead of face-to-face coz it is wider that way. :ahhha:

So for the EU air-to-nitrogen adapter (for DIN477 #10 cylinders), the distance from the edges of the tightening wheel must be >= 37mm.

Reactions: Das Nichts
D

dancesponge

Apr 18, 2023
I just received my nitrogen tank, and it looks like I have to find another type of adapter now...

IMG 5767 IMG 5768

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Uhm, that looks like a BS-341-3, are you from the UK?
Ah no, you are from Lazio (Italy) right?

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I hope you have not purchased any SCBA equipment coz as far as I know there is no air-to-nitrogen adapter in the market for that connection. šŸ˜†
You can go for a Hood setup tho.

D

dancesponge

Apr 18, 2023
I have the SCBA. It was too complicated to get, and I love it, much better than a hood.

I can either look for another cylinder, or perhaps I can add this adapter in between...

"Thread adapter 300 bar compressed air G 5/8" external thread - nitrogen W24.3 external thread 200 bar"

Screen Shot 2023 05 31 at 25745 PM

Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I have the SCBA. It was too complicated to get, and I love it, much better than a hood.

I can either look for another cylinder, or perhaps I can add this adapter in between...

"Thread adapter 300 bar compressed air G 5/8" external thread - nitrogen W24.3 external thread 200 bar"

View attachment 113014
Return the scba kit from wherever you bought and buy the eebd hood or exchange your scba kit to get the eebd hood

Join the eebd hood club lol

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
You can't screw a W24,32 male into a W21,7 female brah.
Luckily for you since Italy is on EU you can buy an EU standard cylinder and use the air-to-nitrogen adapter that you already have.

Reactions: dancesponge
L

lion4000b

May 6, 2020

View attachment 113014
Im in the same situation as you. I have an italian UNI4409 cylinder. I was thinking of gettting an engineer to make an adapter for me. Perhaps thats another option?

Reactions: k1w1
meowmeowkitty

meowmeowkitty

a cat at heart.
Jun 1, 2023
šŸµ GasMonkey Setup šŸµ
[Nitrogen SCBA]
Positive Pressure Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus

**images have been edited to ensure anonymity**
Front view
1. Front view.jpg

Side view
2. Side view.jpg

Back view
3. Back view.jpg

Pressure gauge
4. Pressure gauge.jpg

Lung Demand Valve and Mask
5. LDV and mask.jpg

Bluetooth pulse oximeter
6. Pulse oximeter.jpg

Cylinder attachment
166608_7._Cylinder_attachment.jpg

Cylinder's connection (DIN 477-1 Nr. 10)
8. Valve with no adapter.jpg

Air-to-Nitrogen adapter, DIN 477-1 No. 10 (W24.32) to DIN 477-1 No. 13 (G5/8").
This will be connected to the Nitrogen cylinder to be able to connect Air regulators.
9 Air to Nitrogen adapter

Measurement of the adapter's width
10 Adapter width

Measurement of the regulator's width (more than enough to receive the adapter)
166856_11.__Regulator_width.jpg

32mm spanner, the only tool needed
12 32mm spanner

Flow restrictor for gas purity testing
13 Flow restrictor

Oā‚‚ testing
**brands have not been removed because this can't be used to CTB, just to test the purity of a gas**
14 O testing

COā‚‚ testing
15 CO testing

Tablet data, on-the-fly monitoring of: Time, Oā‚‚ saturation and heart rate
Tablet data

Jim Carrey smile 1

Ted Bundy smile 2
extremely impressive :)

ditsyking

ditsyking

Jun 1, 2023
I am deciding between SN and nitrogen, using nitrogen in balloons for recreational purposes, I am more inclined to this option as I passed out for a few seconds on balloons before and you really don't remember anything. As I am really clumsy, I can't make a mask or anything complicated. I have found an option to buy 2l nitrogen. I have a really small bathroom. Will it be enough just to turn on nitrogen, close the gap at the bathroom door and wait?
I apologise for my english, I am from Croatia.
Also, PLEASE can anyone PM me on where else to order nitrogen in europe? There are many sites offering it but also many scams.
The company that I found have 19 reviews on trust pilot.

Thank you!

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Will it be enough just to turn on nitrogen, close the gap at the bathroom door and wait?
No, you would need a huge volume of gas for that, compressed Nitrogen is not enough. It could be viable with Liquid Nitrogen tho since it has a huge 1:694 expansion rate, that's why they are gonna use it in the Sarco. All the documented deaths by changing a vehicle's atmosphere to inert gas were with Liquid Nitrogen.
where else to order nitrogen in europe?
Mine is from 4m4z0n.

ditsyking

ditsyking

Jun 1, 2023
No, you would need a huge volume of gas for that, compressed Nitrogen is not enough. It could be viable with Liquid Nitrogen tho since it has a huge 1:694 expansion rate, that's why they are gonna use it in the Sarco. All the documented deaths by changing a vehicle's atmosphere to inert gas were with Liquid Nitrogen.

Mine is from 4m4z0n.
they only do small chargers for whipp cream. To ctb I need a tank.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I can't send you a PM coz you don't have enough posts. šŸ˜†

sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
That's a really impressive setup, thanks for sharing this valuable information.

R

Readytogo246

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Wow you are awesome and give so much hope!!! This is what I am doing! I know it takes some prep and I appreciate all your great instructions. You Rock!

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing your knowledge! This setup gives me more confidence than the exit bag (based on my gut feelings).

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
anyone from the UK that can help with this method? Obviously know the general jist of it all, just setting it all into place

C

coloSO

Nov 19, 2020
Does anyone have the info for doing this in the states? I doubt all the fittings are the same.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Does anyone have the info for doing this in the states?
In the US you need a 2216 psi SCBA which has a CGA-346 connector that can be connected to a Nitrogen cylinder using an air-to-nitrogen adapter (CGA-346 to CGA-580). You can either get it new or search in eBay for cheaper equipment (lots of folks have done that for saving money). I can't post direct sources here since is against the forum's rules.
US SCBA CTB setup

The 4500 and 5500 psi SCBAs won't work because they use a different connection (CGA-347) and there isn't any air-to-nitrogen adapter for that in any shop afaik.​
US SCBA connections

For the Nitrogen cylinder lately most US members are getting it from AirGas.

• Informative
Reactions: ztem
C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
Hey GasMonkey, would appreciate your thoughts on this one:

I have what I think I need for my SCUBA setup. Few niggling queries I'd like help with:

1. I have a mask similar to slovakguy. What happens if I start breathing through my nose rather than mouth when unconscious. Didn't seem to matter for slovakguy.

2. Will the pressure demand regulator work when shallow breathing unconscious or do they only work with a certain amount of pressure.

Happy to post pics of my setup here too if helpful.

CC

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
1. I have a mask similar to slovakguy. What happens if I start breathing through my nose rather than mouth when unconscious. Didn't seem to matter for slovakguy.
From what I see in the photos seems like he tried to put his nose outside of the space that covers it, to be able to breath thru it. But anyway you shouldn't use a mask that covers the nose, the modern high quality masks doesn't cover it.

2. Will the pressure demand regulator work when shallow breathing unconscious or do they only work with a certain amount of pressure.
The breathing resistance depends completely on whether the system is positive or negative pressure, the quality of the demand valve and the quality of the mask. My setup has zero inhalation resistance (which is expected as a top-notch high-end positive pressure system) and a slight low exhalation resistance (which is unavoidable while using a mask since the exhalation force is what opens the exhalation valve), I don't think it would be a problem. Lots of people have CTB'd with SCBA/SCUBA masks so at this point is a proven method.​

Lourenzo

Lourenzo

I wasn't meant to be part of this world
Jul 22, 2023
Well this puts my rope and eyebolts to shame šŸ« 

C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
Appreciate the response.

I believe it's a positive demand system. Looks like all new Scuba gear are positive. I can post the brand name if the forum allows me to.

The thing about the mask and the nose is that the regulator is a mouth piece one - so in effect there's a hole in the mask to put the mouthpiece through.

If I'm still breathing through my nose I guess I will use up the oxygen in the mask which shouldn't take long.

More of a problem if the unconscious body decides to only breath through the nose and not mouth (and therefore not demanding more nitrogen).

I may be overthinking this!

Maybe the answer is just to shell out for the integrated full masks.

CC

atdeathsdoor

atdeathsdoor

Mar 23, 2022
The cylinder's valve is already open, the mask is already on, all before you put your wrist into the straps (they have enough space to insert the wrists into them).

The process would be:
1. Put the mask on.
2. Open the cylinder's valve.
3. Sit and strap body.
4. Put pulse oximeter on the finger.
5. Take a deep breath of air and hold your breath.
6. Insert the demand valve into the mask.
7. Pre-fill mask (pressing the front button for 1.5~2 seconds).
8. Insert wrists into the straps.
9. Exhale fully.
10. Take a deep breath of Nitrogen.
11. Avoid the reincarnation trap.
Are you taking on new patients šŸ¤£

• Yay!
Reactions: GasMonkey
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I believe it's a positive demand system. Looks like all new Scuba gear are positive.
No, almost all SCUBA demand valves are negative pressure (they pump gas when a negative pressure/vacuum/suction is detected, because the inhalation suction moves a diaphragm that presses on the lever that opens the valve), this is the preferred system by most divers since it consumes the minimum amount of gas possible. In fact the currently most popular and widely considered the best SCUBA full face mask (Neptune III) works that way. There are a few positive pressure models but they are a minority.
The thing about the mask and the nose is that the regulator is a mouth piece one - so in effect there's a hole in the mask to put the mouthpiece through.
Yeah but the mouthpiece is removed so the demand valve operates in the entire volume of the mask.​

If I'm still breathing through my nose I guess I will use up the oxygen in the mask which shouldn't take long.

More of a problem if the unconscious body decides to only breath through the nose and not mouth (and therefore not demanding more nitrogen).
Assuming the nose isn't covered, it will create a Negative Pressure that will open the demand valve to supply gas. Positive Pressure demand valves are more sensitive to this since they always maintain a positive pressure inside the mask (whether there is a demand or not).

In practical terms the difference is:
ā–Ŗ NP: At inhalation the pressure inside the mask is lower than ambient, at exhalation is higher than ambient.
ā–Ŗ PP: The pressure inside the mask is always higher than ambient.​

Reactions: Das Nichts
C

curtaincall

Jul 31, 2023
Thanks again for the response.

I was all set to catch my bus on Thursday but glad I stopped to ask.

I guess this is why a SCBA setup is preferable, with the continuous positive demand.

Hard to know if to roll the dice with the setup I have or hold fire and swap out the mask.

J

JC96178235

Aug 26, 2022
The cylinder's valve is already open, the mask is already on, all before you put your wrist into the straps (they have enough space to insert the wrists into them).

The process would be:
1. Put the mask on.
2. Open the cylinder's valve.
3. Sit and strap body.
4. Put pulse oximeter on the finger.
5. Take a deep breath of air and hold your breath.
6. Insert the demand valve into the mask.
7. Pre-fill mask (pressing the front button for 1.5~2 seconds).
8. Insert wrists into the straps.
9. Exhale fully.
10. Take a deep breath of Nitrogen.
11. Avoid the reincarnation trap.
I thought you had to empty your lungs or is that just for exit bag?