• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I struggle a lot with eating due to depression, anorexia, and trauma.

Sharing the positive experiences I have helps to encourage and motivate me. I enjoy cooking, sharing recipes, and taking pictures of food; I feel happy when someone is proud of me. My goal for this thread is to be somewhere you feel comfortable sharing your experiences with food. Everything is valid and worth being shared: cooking a meal, ordering out, warming instant food, or just grabbing an apple from the fridge. I am proud of you, no matter what.

I am fully aware everyone deals with these problems differently; I only hope that this thread is a positive space for some. These guidelines are to create a safe environment for the most amount of people:
  1. Always put food images in a spoiler, as they can be triggering. Label the spoiler for items that can be addictive (like sugar or alcohol) or objectionable (like meat).
  2. Do not discourage others.
  3. Do not pressure others to eat more, less, or differently; advice is only helpful when requested.

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
This is such a good idea! def will be coming back.
I made these yesterday. I'm absolutely shit at baking so I'm actually amazed they worked and I didn't blow anything up lol.
These are adorable! 💛 I'm happy they turned out well for you, great job.

• Hugs
Reactions: Treku
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This is a great idea, and very good call on the spoiler. I always struggle when sharing food talk and pics as I don't know if anyone has and eating dissorders or I could trigger something so using as spoiler and having a few ground rules makes it a bit easier.
Cooking and baking has helped me a lot, I used to be in so much pain that I couldn't even stand to make a sandwich (something I laughed at to myself the other day)
I would lie on my floor watching the food network, dreaming of being able just to cook a simple meal for myself or bake a cake. Now I can and it's so nice to be able to do this for myself.

Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Omg this is a great idea for a thread. Thank you for making this. Also thanks for the guidelines c:

Reactions: tiger b
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
This is such a good idea! def will be coming back.
I made these yesterday. I'm absolutely shit at baking so I'm actually amazed they worked and I didn't blow anything up lol.
They look amazing, they are fork biscuits right?

Last edited:
Treku

Treku

why am I even alive
Oct 15, 2023
Look what you made me do haha! I tried some lemon ones, I burnt them a bit, I often do because I don't use an oven timer I just put them in and take them out when they look done but I often forget.
omg yay thats so cool and they look sooo good. how do they taste? lemon is a really good idea, I may have to make more lol.
I just put them in and take them out when they look done but I often forget.
that's exactly my problem. even when I put on a timer I forget and end up making hockey pucks out of them (i have on multiple occasions)

Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
omg yay thats so cool and they look sooo good. how do they taste? lemon is a really good idea, I may have to make more lol.

that's exactly my problem. even when I put on a timer I forget and end up making hockey pucks out of them (i have on multiple occasions)
They taste good, I've eaten 4 already lol better stop! I can't taste the lemon all that much, I put quite a bit of lemon essence in, maybe some lemon zest or juice is needed

Treku

Treku

why am I even alive
Oct 15, 2023
They taste good, I've eaten 4 already lol better stop! I can't taste the lemon all that much, I put quite a bit of lemon essence in, maybe some lemon zest or juice is needed
look at that who needs an oven timer. didn't use one and they taste good, perfect.
hmm yeah good note, will remember.

Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
i made these vegan, sugar free flour free brownies, one of my favorites as i count the days before i ctb

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpg
    IMG_1690.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
i made these vegan, sugar free flour free brownies, one of my favorites as i count the days before i ctb
They look super yummy. I'm happy you have a favorite treat to make yourself when you're feeling bad. I'm here for you. 💙

By the way, this is how you spoiler an image.

Heading to Darkness

Heading to Darkness

Oct 29, 2023
sorry but didn't know how to do spoiler alert but no eggs as its vegan, i'll put my hands uo to say I am a chef and have been developing veggie and vegan foods even though i do still eat some meat ill write up the recipe later

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

I told you.
Jul 10, 2023
If I still had the motivation to cook I'd be making something nearly every day.. I had a whole book of my own recipes and I made a lot of things (I haven't made much for myself, mostly for others) and I enjoyed cooking. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of what I made so I have nothing to show but if I ever cook something again I will definitely show what I made. :)

But nausea also prevents me from cooking as well. Motivation issues and nausea… classic for me..
I made scrambled eggs (two) for breakfast. I like my eggs with ketchup—I know I'm a baby.
I like my eggs with ketchup too :)
It looks so good I hope you enjoyed it!!

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
(I haven't made much for myself, mostly for others)
Very relatable. I tend to be the main cook at home. It's one of my big pleasures - cooking a nice meal for others. If it's just for me, I'll skip.

I'm sorry to hear about your current difficulty in doing something you love.

I made scrambled eggs (two) for breakfast. I like my eggs with ketchup—I know I'm a baby.

I love ketchup with eggs. Have you ever tried a Japanese omurice? (I never have, but they seem amazing.) Connection is they top it with ketchup too.

Last edited:
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
But nausea also prevents me from cooking as well. Motivation issues and nausea… classic for me..
I'm sorry that happens to you.
I like my eggs with ketchup too :)
It looks so good I hope you enjoyed it!!
Thank you, I did. 💛

Half of it's gone already but it's good as hell
I love croissants and danishes for breakfast, especially with a cup of milk. I'm happy for you. 💚

A bowl of instant ramen (Samyang fermented black bean) with steamed baby bok choy and a soft boiled egg.
I've never seen instant ramen look that good! You're awesome.
I love ketchup with eggs. Have you ever tried a Japanese omurice? (I never have, but they seem amazing.) Connection is they top it with ketchup too.
I've never tried this, but it looks yummy.

I struggle a lot with eating due to depression, anorexia, and trauma.

Sharing the positive experiences I have helps to encourage and motivate me. I enjoy cooking, sharing recipes, and taking pictures of food; I feel happy when someone is proud of me. My goal for this thread is to be somewhere you feel comfortable sharing your experiences with food. Everything is valid and worth being shared: cooking a meal, ordering out, warming instant food, or just grabbing an apple from the fridge. I am proud of you, no matter what.

I am fully aware everyone deals with these problems differently; I only hope that this thread is a positive space for some. These guidelines are to create a safe environment for the most amount of people:
  1. Always put food images in a spoiler, as they can be triggering. Label the spoiler for items that can be addictive (like sugar or alcohol) or objectionable (like meat).
  2. Do not discourage others.
  3. Do not pressure others to eat more, less, or differently; advice is only helpful when requested.
Tonight I was having back-to-back panic attacks. It has been horrible (https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-reality-is-crashing-down-on-me.140192/#post-2228855). I'm proud of myself for cooking food, even if it was only because I ran out of granola bars and milk.

I made a soup with onion, beans, couscous, and tomato paste. I was able to eat more than I thought—about half this bowl. I hadn't eaten since early today, and I think that made calming down more difficult. I feel slightly better now.

Last edited:
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

I told you.
Jul 10, 2023

I know how to make the omelette part but it makes my arm so tired when I do it LOL… I'm probably now too weak to be able to do it but when I could do it, it was very fun..

• Hugs
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
They came frozen and just needed to be heated.
Ah I see now. I did read that you can make baked falafels, might have to try them sometime

• Love
Reactions: Treku
viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023
this thread is such a good idea <33

i don't have any good pictures but the most recent thing i made was lentil soup (with onions, potatoes, tomato, pumpkin seeds and some other things) and today i tried topping it with a slice of vegan cheese. it went beautifully

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Today was a day that I had a hard time cooking. My bf was sick and I made us both chicken soup from a can and some frozen Texas toast, toasted in the air fryer. I felt happy to be able to provide us both with some comfort food, even when I didn't have the capacity to do more.

Last edited: