• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This thread needs more life!

Desk breakfast: Cake, boiled egg, orange, milk

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I struggle a lot with eating due to depression, anorexia, and trauma.

Sharing the positive experiences I have helps to encourage and motivate me. I enjoy cooking, sharing recipes, and taking pictures of food; I feel happy when someone is proud of me. My goal for this thread is to be somewhere you feel comfortable sharing your experiences with food. Everything is valid and worth being shared: cooking a meal, ordering out, warming instant food, or just grabbing an apple from the fridge. I am proud of you, no matter what.

I am fully aware everyone deals with these problems differently; I only hope that this thread is a positive space for some. These guidelines are to create a safe environment for the most amount of people:
  1. Always put food images in a spoiler, as they can be triggering. Label the spoiler for items that can be addictive (like sugar or alcohol) or objectionable (like meat).
  2. Do not discourage others.
  3. Do not pressure others to eat more, less, or differently; advice is only helpful when requested.
You know, I've never loved cooking but I do love eating. So in order to eat good stuff I kind of have to cook.

Today I made my grilled turkey & cheese sandwich.

The recipe is very simple and pretty fast but it is both relatively low in calories (and high in protein) and quite delicious.

You need 250 grams of turkey breast, 2 slices of white bread, one onion, some mayonnaise, 2 slices of cheddar cheese and iceberg lettuce.

You put the onions into a small pan with some butter and let them caramelize over a long period of time. Basically, you put them on before you do anything else and you take them off when you're finished with everything else. If they threaten to burn at all, just add a little bit of water to them. But it's important they're on there for a long time at a low-medium heat for them to properly caramelize. They should at least be a light brown by the end, but ideally a dark brown is preferred (but then you'll probably have to put them on before you start doing the rest of the recipe cuz this can take as much as an hour).

Then you put some mayonnaise on both sides of both slices of bread and then put them into a pan. Let them toast until nicely browned on both sides. Then put them to the side.

Slice the turkey breast into slices/strips at most about as thick as your little finger.

Add some butter to your pan and let it melt, then poor the turkey unto it and put a good amount of pepper and salt on it (to taste). You're gonna want to do this at relatively high heat if you want a proper crust. I did it at 160 degrees celsius, turned down to 140 later in the process.

Then when the turkey is almost cooked through you put on two slices of cheddar cheese and let it melt.

You put some iceberg lettuce on one of your slices of bread, then use a spatula to put the turkey/cheese on top of the lettuce, then you turn off the heat under the onions and poor those on top of the turkey and then you close the sandwich.

And voila, you have a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich.

Only about 800 kilocalories for a full meal and 70 grams of protein (which is great for both satiation and building muscle).

For the record, to build lean muscle you need between 1.2 and 1.6 grams of protein per kg of body weight. I weigh about 73kg right now, so that means I need a little under 120g of protein per day to build muscle. So one of these sandwiches is already over half of what I need, which is great, especially for less than 800 calories.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
alexithymia (JJ)

alexithymia (JJ)

for all you know, we could be dead by tomorrow.
Jun 22, 2023
comfort ate ramen packs, cereal, and 2 full dinners of leftovers yesterday

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori