Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
"The only feeling of real loss is when you love someone more than you love death"
-Based on Good Will Hunting

"But I can't let this happen
My love for you is bigger
So I cry as I stand, look at you, and pull the trigger."
-Anna Murphy

"The voice of death is calling,
refuseless I will go;
I´ll see the world behind the stars
that only I will know.
Leaving you here is bitter
seing you cry is hard,
but there is nothing I can do,
it is my turn to part."
- Carved In Stone

"Silva in lumine
Lunae acarna est
Domus mea
Silva in lumine
Stellarum est"
- E Nomine

"All men seek happiness, even those who hang themselves."
Blaise Pascal

"Genau eine Sekunde
bevor er
auf der Erde aufschlug
vermißte er
das Leben
an das er noch nicht glauben konnte
als er sprang.
-
Acurrately a second
Afore he
Impacted on the ground,
He missed
The life
In which he couldn't believe
By the time he jumped."

- Engelbert Schinkel

"Aber in der Silberpappel sass Trauervogel und sang ganz allein. Ich weiss nicht wovon er jetzt sang, da alle geraubten Kinder nach Hause gekommen waren. Aber ich glaube, Trauervogel hat wohl immer etwas, wovon er singen kann.
-
But in the tallest of the white polars the bird of sorrow sat and and sung all alone. I don't know what he is singing about now, since all robbed children had come back. But I feel he finds always sonething to sing about"
-Astrid Lingren in Mio, mein Mio (Mio, my son)
I think this is the most inspiring quote I've ever heard. It remembers me that my unhappyness is sort of a choice, and that I shouldn't only focus on the sorrow, but see both, the good and the bad in the world. There will always be sorrow - what would the good be without the bad? The pain is the salt of life.

Reactions: Ruffian, Memento Mori, Mud. and 5 others
ctrl_alt_delete

ctrl_alt_delete

r e p l i c a n t
Nov 14, 2018
"Cry, the beloved country, for the unborn child that's the inheritor of our fear. Let him not love the earth too deeply. Let him not laugh too gladly when the water runs through his fingers, nor stand too silent when the setting sun makes red the veld with fire. Let him not be too moved when the birds of his land are singing. Nor give too much of his heart to a mountain or a valley. For fear will rob him of all if he gives too much."

~ Alan Paton, Cry, the Beloved Country

"I have of late — but wherefore I know not — lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises, and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air — look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire — why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapors. What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world. The paragon of animals. And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me. No, nor woman neither..."

~
William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ruffian, Dead Meat and 5 others
Vilthuril

Vilthuril

μελετῶντες ἀποθνῄσκειν
Jan 16, 2019
"Witness, Heaven, how often I lie down in my bed with a wish, and even a hope, that I may never awaken again. And in the morning, when I open my eyes, I behold the sun once more, and am wretched. If I were whimsical, I might blame the weather, or an acquaintance, or some personal disappointment, for my discontented mind; and then this insupportable load of trouble would not rest entirely upon myself. But, alas! I feel it too sadly. I am alone the cause of my own woe, am I not? Truly, my own bosom contains the source of all my sorrow, as it previously contained the source of all my pleasure. Am I not the same being who once enjoyed an excess of happiness, who, at every step, saw paradise open before him, and whose heart was ever expanded toward the whole world? And this heart is now dead, no sentiment can revive it; my eyes are dry; and my senses, no more refreshed by the influence of soft tears, wither and consume my brain. I suffer much, for I have lost the only charm of life: that active, sacred power which created worlds around me, — it is no more. When I look from my window at the distant hills, and behold the morning sun breaking through the mists, and illuminating the country around, which is still wrapped in silence, whilst the soft stream winds gently through the willows, which have shed their leaves; when glorious nature displays all her beauties before me, and her wondrous prospects are ineffectual to extract one tear of joy from my withered heart, I feel that in such a moment I stand like a reprobate before heaven, hardened, insensible, and unmoved." ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther (1774)

Reactions: Mud., Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I'd give my right arm to be left handed.

Charlton Andover OBE

Reactions: Oyoy, Mud., About_to_Go and 5 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
What is it that makes us ashamed to be white
When we close our ears to the sound of machine gun fire?
And while the niggers of this world are starving with their mouths wide open
What is it that turns the coins we throw at them
Into worthless little tokens?
Why is it that anything on this Earth
We do not understand
We are pushed down on our knees
To worship or to damn?

Matt Johnson..The The

Reactions: Mud., Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 4 others
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
"If there's just one kind of folks, why can't they get along with each other? If they're all alike, why do they go out of their way to despise each other? Scout, I think I'm beginning to understand something. I think I'm beginning to understand why Boo Radley's stayed shut up in his house all this time...It's because he wants to stay inside" (Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird).

Reactions: Oyoy, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, SeekingSolace and 7 others
Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

Mrs.O'Leary'sCow

SanitizingDeodorantCakes
Aug 20, 2018
"What would have happened if I had appeared before you, bad, ugly, angry, jealous, lazy, dirty, smelly? Where would your love have been then? And I was all these things as well. Does this mean that it was not really me whom you loved, but only what I pretended to be? The well-behaved, reliable, empathic, understanding, and convenient child, who in fact was never a child at all? What became of my childhood? Have I not been cheated out of it? I can never return to it. I can never make up for it. From the beginning I have been a little adult. My abilities -- were they simply misused?"

Alice Miller - Prisoners of Childhood

Reactions: Dead Meat, Weeping Garbage Can, sólstafir and 4 others
B

Buddyluv19

Experienced
Dec 13, 2018
"God is dead"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

And later ...
"Nietzsche is dead"
-God

Reactions: Oyoy, ririka, Deleted member 4993 and 8 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand"

Mark Twain

Reactions: Venessolotic, Oyoy, ririka and 9 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

― J. Krishnamurti

Reactions: Oyoy, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Just4ride and 7 others
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
"Pain sure brings out the best in people, doesn't it?"

-Bob Dylan.

Reactions: SeekingSolace, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Weeping Garbage Can and 4 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person. "
― R. Buckminster Fuller

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
"Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person. "
― R. Buckminster Fuller
Tryna keep me alive?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DownInaHole, SeekingSolace and 3 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"When I see the blindness and the wretchedness of man, when I regard the whole silent universe, and man without light, left to himself, and, as it were, lost in this corner of the universe, without knowing who has put him there, what he has come to do, what will become of him at death, and incapable of all knowledge, I become terrified, like a man who should be carried in his sleep to a dreadful desert island, and should awake without knowing where he is, and without means of escape. And thereupon I wonder how people in a condition so wretched do not fall into despair. I see other persons around me of a like nature. I ask them if they are better informed than I am. They tell me that they are not. And thereupon these wretched and lost beings, having looked around them, and seen some pleasing objects, have given and attached themselves to them. For my own part, I have not been able to attach myself to them, and, considering how strongly it appears that there is something else than what I see, I have examined whether this God has not left some sign of Himself."
― Blaise Pascal, Pascal's Pensées

Reactions: Venessolotic, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and 3 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."

― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ruffian, NoOneKnows and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
"how many roads must a man walk down before he realises he's going the wrong way? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the night they drove old dixie down, all the people were singing! They went "aga doo doo doo, push pineapple shake the tree. Rubin Carter he fought for fries, but don't think twice ma, it's alright, I'll give you shelter from the storm said the tambourine man, just like a woman on desolation row if you see her say hello. She's wearing boots of Spanish leather, all you have to do is dream."

@Johnnythefox

(Imo this pretty much sums life up)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 5 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"Something hit me very hard once, thinking about what one little man could do. Think of the Queen Mary — the whole ship goes by and then comes the rudder. And there's a tiny thing at the edge of the rudder called a trimtab.
It's a miniature rudder. Just moving the little trim tab builds a low pressure that pulls the rudder around. Takes almost no effort at all. So I said that the little individual can be a trimtab. Society thinks it's going right by you, that it's left you altogether. But if you're doing dynamic things mentally, the fact is that you can just put your foot out like that and the whole big ship of state is going to go.
So I said, call me Trimtab."
― R. Buckminster Fuller

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, Mud. and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
"The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling."

-David Foster Wallace

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Dead Meat and 3 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
"The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling."

-David Foster Wallace

"that life's assets and debits do not square"

This is the main reason I'm kms tbh. I don't think the moments of joy I have coming are worth the pain and boredom mental illness brings...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ririka, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
"that life's assets and debits do not square"

This is the main reason I'm kms tbh. I don't think the moments of joy I have coming are worth the pain and boredom mental illness brings...

Yeah, this is where i'm at too. I have horrible chronic pain and even when things are good i'm still suffering.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ruffian, ririka and 5 others
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
"Pain sure brings out the best in people, doesn't it?"

-Bob Dylan.
I hope that rings true for me because I'm emotionally in pain like I've never experienced in my life.

Reactions: Dead Meat, Weeping Garbage Can, Mud. and 1 other person
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, memento_mori, Mud. and 4 others
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Really like this. Very empowering. Especially the last line 'the crownless again shall be King' My great auntie met Tolkien when she worked at the University in Oxford.

Reactions: Mud., Dead Meat, Redt2go and 2 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." —Saint Francis de Sales

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"You can't think your way into right action, but you can act your way into right thinking."

― Bill Wilson,

Reactions: Oyoy, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud. and 2 others
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Relinquish yourself to the benign indifference of the universe. (Approx. Camus)

Reactions: Oyoy, Mud., Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
"At the moment of commitment the entire universe conspires to assist you."
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mud., Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
"tell me, what is more Haram, Is it to take the life of a man who is suffering andabring him to peace, or is it to force that man to live and suffer through his entire life, yet not kill him?" - me, during a debate with a heavily religious Muslim coworker on the subject of getting him to call his mafioso buddy to get me a gun.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Mud., Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
hablakadabra

hablakadabra

Lurker
Feb 12, 2019
"Comparison is the thief of joy."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Reactions: Oyoy, Mud., Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 2 others