• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
I was attempting to starve (aka water fast) myself to death but took a break for a few weeks to get my minerals and electrolytes rebalanced.

Since my body was used to 0 sugar I decided to give some 100% chocolate a shot because I saw a youtube video once that talked about if you get chocolate from a single source and they don't grind the cocoa beans too long the chocolate has unique flavors depending on where it came from. I bought 10 chocolate bars from different countries and over a few weeks slowly ate them all and wrote down some notes on what they taste like. It's kind of like tasting wine where wine always tastes like grapes+alcohol and you describe the secondary/tertiary flavors cocoa always tastes like bitter+sad and you describe the secondary/tertiary flavors. I was surprised to find out that some bars really mitigate the natural bitterness of cocoa though.

Here is what I thought of each country:
1. Vietnam (believe(choco maker) black diamond(bar name))- Like sweaty gym socks. About halfway through the bar I got used to it but there wasn't really any good flavors unless you like funk. Not a fan.
2. Colombia (Cacao Hunters)- Floral notes up front. A slight sourness as the piece melts. Decent bar.
3. Vanuatu (Firetree)- Nice fruity taste up front that mitigates cacao's bitterness. Once the piece begins to melt though the nice flavor goes away and it's kind of flavorless. Really nice bar.
4. Dominican Republic (Cacaoteca)- I can't place the flavor but it has a subtle sweetness and not too much bitterness. Pretty nice bar.
5. Philippines (Auro(choco maker) Saloy(bar/farm name))- Buttery/creamy. After the first piece a read the box and it says "notes of herbs, bergamot, & cherries" but of the 3 I only maybe got a faint sourness. Pretty nice bar.
6. Ivory Coast (A. Morin(choco maker) Guémon Noir(bar/farm name))- For a while it tasted like nothing but once it really starts melting it has a bit of a chalky and coffee taste (note not a chalky texture just the taste). The package says "floral and nutty aromas with lighter notes at the end" lol. Not a very good bar.
7. Brazil (Baiani)- This one had a bit more of a dry texture than other bars and took a long time to melt. It was bitter up front and earthy maybe (I don't know what earthy means but I imagine it's this). There was another flavor at the end but I wasn't sure what it was. Wasn't a big fan of this one.
8. Tanzania (Moka Origins (choco maker) Kokoa Kamili(Fermentation facility name)- This bar slaps you in the face with two flavors - sour + fruit. The back says it has "subtle notes of cherry" which is fairly accurate I suppose but I would not call it subtle by any means. Not a bad bar but you can tell it's made in a western country (US) because they covered every inch of the packaging with smug fart sniffing statements about how sustainable and ethical they are.
9. Ecuador (Domori(choco maker) Nacional 100%(bar name))- This cocoa farm is trying to clone an old kind of cocoa that was famous in Europe a few hundred years ago. It's a bit flavorless up front but then gives way to something a bit like citrus fruit and one more flavor after that that I can't identify. It melts nicely too. The package says it should have "delicate notes of white flowers" but I don't go around eating different colors of flowers so I can neither confirm nor deny, nor do I imagine all white flowers taste the same. At first I wasn't a big fan but this bar grew on me.
10. Peru (Zotter(choco maker) Labooko(bar name))- Very bitter up front and then it becomes a bit fruity and the bitterness slowly fades away. Not a bad bar but it takes some getting used to.

Best bar was definitely Vanuatu. Not sure if Firetree is just an amazing choco maker or Vanuatu has something delicious in their soil but they do sell another few bars from other oceania island countries. Not sure if I'll order any more chocolate but if I do I'll probably give one of those and madagascar a try. Planning to go back on my water fast within the next few days.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon, SylveonFan and Artemisia