K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Thank you for explaining this to me, and yeah I was worried about the ambient air coming in and brain damage happening instead of death. I appreciate this though, it gave me a good idea and understanding of how the air flow works with a turkey bag. I think a lot of people do scuba masks because they are afraid of the turkey bag method.pe
Thank you for explaining this to me, and yeah I was worried about the ambient air coming in and brain damage happening instead of death. I appreciate this though, it gave me a good idea and understanding of how the air flow works with a turkey bag. I think a lot of people do scuba masks because they are afraid of the turkey bag method.
Yep it's all about what's most comfortable to you. Some people are more comfortable with shotgun . I have a scuba setup and am not comfortable with it at all. Upon breathing straight nitrogen , my body dumps sweat out my pores from the nervous system response . I don't feel confident scuba mask will adhere to my face properly with sweat pouring out my face , also, more areas of leakage with all of the adaptera and components to trust. But that's just me , others will vehemently disagree .

Reactions: SomewhereAlongThe
B

bart352

Sep 25, 2024
I found a natural way to fight SI. Be extremely tired. I've had 4 hours sleep for the past 4 nights, and it's much more manageable. It could just be I am accepting it more, but today is 100x easier than 2 days ago.
I had another note. I read about the person having issues inflating their bag with argon. I just tested it at 15 and it doesn't inflate tight like a balloon, but it does inflate.
Its seems my last message got ignored... so for people who have a problem using gas for different gas regulator type heres a helpful converter

My previous setup doesnt use a regulator since my setup is based on guide i found on hackaday exit bag until i found out that without using a regulator could cause lung rupture an extremely violent death i spent more days preparing the setup which now at this point goes longer the deadline i set for

I cant find a bronze barbed fitting that able to connect argon regulator to small helium tank which lead me to hire a 3d artist to design a fitting for me

Im still figuring out which print material to use and which type of prints atm carbon fiber and sls seems the best option im not sure

Im also gonna need to buy a y valve to connect both tanks and a noise muffler possibly so its less noisy

The hard part is to divide the flow of gas to each regulator
For 15/m using argon i need to split it to each tank and since it have different ratio im going to use the converter 4.7 for argon and divide it to each tank 3/8 for the 30 balloons tank and 5/8 for the 50 balloons tank
3/8 : 1.7625 (1.8)
5/8 : 2.9375 (2.9)

What do you think of the setup?

I see one huge issue with using 3d printed stuff. It's not air tight.

Last edited:
C

christinadler

Aug 27, 2024
Hey guys,

I'm worried about the exit bag's seal around my neck. If I tighten it just until two fingers fit under, won't too much oxygen get in? If oxygen gets in, won't my brain survive off of that instead of complete brain death? How does this work? Also some say to leave a little space at the bottom to let CO2 out, what's the science of that, apparently It creates a chamber?
Why don't people consider the following design: bag completely, tightly sealed around the neck and entering the tube through a hole on the top of the bag. I mean there should be two tubes... One for the inflowing gas, another one to release the excess gas. The outflow tube could be lead into a bucket of water to prevent the backward flow.

Another question:
Have you considered switching to another method after the reports of the Alabama execution?

CNN: "Miller shook and trembled on a gurney for about two minutes, with his body at times pulling against restraints, according to The Associated Press, which had a reporter witness the procedure. The shaking and trembling was followed by about six minutes of periodic gulping breaths before he became still, the AP reported."

SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Why don't people consider the following design: bag completely, tightly sealed around the neck and entering the tube through a hole on the top of the bag. I mean there should be two tubes... One for the inflowing gas, another one to release the excess gas. The outflow tube could be lead into a bucket of water to prevent the backward flow.

Another question:
Have you considered switching to another method after the reports of the Alabama execution?

CNN: "Miller shook and trembled on a gurney for about two minutes, with his body at times pulling against restraints, according to The Associated Press, which had a reporter witness the procedure. The shaking and trembling was followed by about six minutes of periodic gulping breaths before he became still, the AP reported."

I'm not quite sure about the bag design you mentioned, I know sealing it tightly can prevent the positive pressure that prevents all ambient air from coming into the bag. I feel like another tube won't have that positive pressure to keep ambient air out. And if it does, it's just easier not to make another hole in the bag and use the original design of the bag.

I'm still set on my nitrogen method, I'm not sure about that news report, but others have done tests and have never reported having such an excruciating suffocation response when breathing in nitrogen. It's a very unusual thing that happened to him, PPH and other sources report it as a very peaceful method.
I'd personally say that unless you knew it was 99% helium from the manufacturer, it isn't reliable because of how they usually mix oxygen with helium these days. That's my personal opinion on it. As to rather it's enough if you use two of them Msvr mentioned "So 20 cu ft take is right around 560 liters" If you got two of them you would definitely have more than enough if 600 L is what you're aiming for.

here's the formula

1 cubic foot = 28.3168 liters

So, to convert 20 cubic feet to liters:

20 cu ft×28.3168 L/cu ft=566.336 L20cu ft×28.3168L/cu ft=566.336L
Therefore, 20 cubic feet is equivalent to approximately 566.34 liters.

@Msvr Hey there, I'm wondering if I should restrain myself when doing this, I keep thinking it's no big deal I'll only twitch slightly, not enough to flinch or remove the bag, and so I'm wondering is the risk worth it?

Last edited:
K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024

Another question:

There's alot of talk about the Alabama execution in this thread . It ws a concern hd as well . they allegedly did not use exit bag method they used a face mask , that didn't properly seal, with the addition of a non cooperative participant . Nitchkee claims he tried to desperately stop since he knew they were doing it wrong . Keep in mind , the media does not want to glorify any method for suicide . They don't want us to die , they want us alive and reliant on pharmaceuticals as long d possible . All sick people are dollar bills.
If you immerse yourself in non oxygen environment and do it properly (hyperventilate prior and expel all air from lungs before taking largest breath possible )
There's no reason it wouldn't work .
And it does work
Unless there's some giant conspiracy between final exit / exit international / thousands of peope tht have done it successfully.
Air does not get in the bottom if you're doing it correctly at the right flow . If you practice the method you see this . Also if you test on a dummy head . You can feel the gas pouring out , the positive pressure eliminates the possibility for ambient air to come in . This is easy to feel / experience to
Give you confidence

Last edited:
exitingtothevoid

exitingtothevoid

Aug 2, 2024

Another question:

I'm not sure if that bag design would work, it could be an improvement if it did. But for me I'm not inclined to experiment because a standard exit bag design is known to work.

The Alabama execution didn't change my mind. The state said he appeared to hold his breath for as long as he could, which could explain the shaking in the first two minutes. There are medical reports based on observing people CTB with inert gas and they don't describe that happening. Also masks are known to leak air in and prolong the death.

standingfast

standingfast

Aug 29, 2024
I'd personally say that unless you knew it was 99% helium from the manufacturer, it isn't reliable because of how they usually mix oxygen with helium these days. That's my personal opinion on it.
The website description states:

"High quality helium: 99.99% pure helium, non-flammable and non-toxic, can be used at will with complete confidence. 25.92cu.ft of helium"

Is that perhaps 99.99% questionable?

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Anyone have any thoughts on if this is reliable and enough gas?
Probably not in both cases. I bought something similar to test and the percentage of helium wasn't even mentioned on the tank. Also, a lot of reviews stating it didn't come close to filling 100 balloons.

So I found a couple local dealers who sell/rent larger tanks with over 99,9% purity.

B

bart352

Sep 25, 2024
OK so I figured out my problem, and I think the problem someone else was having with argon. There is a difference between a flow regulator and a flow meter. A flow regulator regulates the pressure to produce the desired flow, and it's not very accurate. These are the ones with two dials. A flow meter has the ball in it and accurately measures the flow of the gas. I will be verifying this today as my flow meter is on the way, but the flow regulator resulted in a severe co2 reaction, with slow bag inflation.

Reactions: exitingtothevoid
M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
@Msvr Hey there, I'm wondering if I should restrain myself when doing this, I keep thinking it's no big deal I'll only twitch slightly, not enough to flinch or remove the bag, and so I'm wondering is the risk worth it?
I do plan to restrain my wrist, though as you said it's probably unnecessary. I used some spare elastic from my exit bag and created straps around my arm rest in such a way that I can semi-painfully squeeze my wrist into the strap. This helps hinder SI and prevent me from unconsciously removing the bag. Here's an example, with our lovely mr. Sonic giving us a demo. PXL 20240927 211828511

Reactions: kudaphillips
SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
The website description states:

"High quality helium: 99.99% pure helium, non-flammable and non-toxic, can be used at will with complete confidence. 25.92cu.ft of helium"

Is that perhaps 99.99% questionable?

The 99.99% Is personally unreliable. It is questionable if the manufacturer themselves doesn't say it's 99.99% pure, and this is because of how common it is to add oxygen to helium these days. Tommen Baratheon is right, it's not reliable esp because it's not mentioned on the tank.
I wouldn't bother wasting my time with it. You're better off getting nitrogen from a near by gas shop or wielding store.
I do plan to restrain my wrist, though as you said it's probably unnecessary. I used some spare elastic from my exit bag and created straps around my arm rest in such a way that I can semi-painfully squeeze my wrist into the strap. This helps hinder SI and prevent me from unconsciously removing the bag. Here's an example, with our lovely mr. Sonic giving us a demo.View attachment 151242
Haha thanks for the picture! I figured it's not needed because the amount of bodily movements you end up having is probably low, but like you, I want to be really sure just in case. This is really creative, btw. I think I'm going to do the same thing.

Last edited:
standingfast

standingfast

Aug 29, 2024
I am so frustrated. Can't find things locally at welding places. I just want to get out. Living sucks and the universe is still punishing me by making it hard to get out. 🥺

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
For me , this concern went away once I ran tests and se how it works .

When you scrunch all the air out of the bag prior to turning gs on , then allow the bag to inflate , once it's fully inflated .. it's fully inflated with nitrogen , with some residual oxygen that didn't make it out from
Scrunching . But . All of the gas / air inside is being replaced with fresh nitrogen at a high rate , and gets forcefully blown out of the bag , around the neck : you can feel the gas rushing at a high rate around the neck .
Theoretically, the elastic could like … not be tight at all, but the the slight positive pressure stops all ambient air from coming in . This being said , I still would prefer snug fit with the elastic
Once you play around with the tightness of your elastic , and conceptually understand the positive pressure of the bag, and experience it , you'll feel better
You could also just put the bag over your head and tighten the elastic without any gas flowing , to get a sense of the positive pressure. Put it on and press on the bag and notice that the air in the bag doesn't really escape unless you pres hard enough .

Also , you could just get a dummy head , and oxygen sensor and run a test on the dummy head
I did this a few times, and the air in the bag ws like 95-96% Once tho e bag ws fully inflated . Then as more air gets pushed and replenished by fresh nitrogen this slowly crept up to 97..98…99 over a couple minutes
what about an Eebd hood? Seems like there's be a lot of residual oxygen left behind.

Mine looks like this.
IMG 6519

What would the protocol be?
1. Allow the nitrogen to fill up the hood while it's on your head
2. Hyperventilate before pulling the hood down which with isn't really fast. Might have to practice holding my breath for atleast a minute

Is there anything I'm missing?

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
what about an Eebd hood? Seems like there's be a lot of residual oxygen left behind.

Mine looks like this.
View attachment 151245

What would the protocol be?
1. Allow the nitrogen to fill up the hood while it's on your head
2. Hyperventilate before pulling the hood down which with isn't really fast. Might have to practice holding my breath for atleast a minute

Is there anything I'm missing?

Check out the mega thread on eebd.
For eebd most people say you don't have to hyperventilate since your exhaling co2 from the purge valve .( these work like shit from my experience which is why I won't use this method ,so definitely make sure your purge valve works )
Also recommended higher flow like 25 lpm.

Basically same concept as exit bag just added benefit of purge valve