K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Thank you for explaining this to me, and yeah I was worried about the ambient air coming in and brain damage happening instead of death. I appreciate this though, it gave me a good idea and understanding of how the air flow works with a turkey bag. I think a lot of people do scuba masks because they are afraid of the turkey bag method.pe
Thank you for explaining this to me, and yeah I was worried about the ambient air coming in and brain damage happening instead of death. I appreciate this though, it gave me a good idea and understanding of how the air flow works with a turkey bag. I think a lot of people do scuba masks because they are afraid of the turkey bag method.
Yep it's all about what's most comfortable to you. Some people are more comfortable with shotgun . I have a scuba setup and am not comfortable with it at all. Upon breathing straight nitrogen , my body dumps sweat out my pores from the nervous system response . I don't feel confident scuba mask will adhere to my face properly with sweat pouring out my face , also, more areas of leakage with all of the adaptera and components to trust. But that's just me , others will vehemently disagree .

Reactions: SomewhereAlongThe
B

bart352

Sep 25, 2024
I found a natural way to fight SI. Be extremely tired. I've had 4 hours sleep for the past 4 nights, and it's much more manageable. It could just be I am accepting it more, but today is 100x easier than 2 days ago.
I had another note. I read about the person having issues inflating their bag with argon. I just tested it at 15 and it doesn't inflate tight like a balloon, but it does inflate.
Its seems my last message got ignored... so for people who have a problem using gas for different gas regulator type heres a helpful converter

My previous setup doesnt use a regulator since my setup is based on guide i found on hackaday exit bag until i found out that without using a regulator could cause lung rupture an extremely violent death i spent more days preparing the setup which now at this point goes longer the deadline i set for

I cant find a bronze barbed fitting that able to connect argon regulator to small helium tank which lead me to hire a 3d artist to design a fitting for me

Im still figuring out which print material to use and which type of prints atm carbon fiber and sls seems the best option im not sure

Im also gonna need to buy a y valve to connect both tanks and a noise muffler possibly so its less noisy

The hard part is to divide the flow of gas to each regulator
For 15/m using argon i need to split it to each tank and since it have different ratio im going to use the converter 4.7 for argon and divide it to each tank 3/8 for the 30 balloons tank and 5/8 for the 50 balloons tank
3/8 : 1.7625 (1.8)
5/8 : 2.9375 (2.9)

What do you think of the setup?

I see one huge issue with using 3d printed stuff. It's not air tight.

Last edited: