grievingcarcass

grievingcarcass

Sep 7, 2024
is buying the supplies all on ebay risky? i dont want to be contacted by the police or my family finding out lol. im buying a cylinder of nitrogen and a regulator along with supplies for an exit bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: outrider567
firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
I don't know about eBay but I did on Amazon and had no problem

S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Wow I had never seen this video . It brings up one interesting thing to me . Dr nitchke in the video says to hold Your breath for a minute before taking your big inhale of nitrogen and you pass out quicker/ immediately . I had offered this as a suggestion earlier in the thread and got chastised , seems dr nitchkee approves .

Yes the regulator he suggests ( exit int) is a click style flow meter nitrogen regulator from max dog brewing. I bought one of these nd it was just an oxygen click style generic way overpriced . I believe max dog is not around anymore , but a plethora of regulators will suffice . MiG tig argon welding / nitrogen / oxygen medical all good but you just need a flow meter that goes 15 lpm of higher The tubing used is just any oxygen tubing , or cannula tubing

Also another note about the video . I really think it would be a bad idea to do it around your pets or cats . They're sharp claws I feel would be a risk to puncture the bag, whether they trying to save you instinctively or just see a moving bag and want to play with it as cats do especialy mine. I will be in different room from my cats

I actually have quite a few setups . All the firearms , exit bag , scuba , and eebd.
At this time I'm most comfortable with exit bag, hooked up to double nitrogen 99.9% tested tanks / double regs. My chair is not a recliner but an are couch like chair , I have half inch thick bungee wrapped are the back and bottom of chair tht I can slip into . Also have zip ties attached to the bungee for my hands.

I pasted an image of something a user on here, Onomatopoeia wrote that you might be interested in.

Is there an oxygen click style regulator can go up to 25lpm for Eebd hoods? Or is 15lpm enough for hoods?

I'll look for bungees I think. Thank you so much for the tips =)

Attachments

• IMG_6438.jpeg
    IMG_6438.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 0
B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Je ne sais pas pour eBay mais je l'ai fait sur Amazon et je n'ai eu aucun problème
Eh bien je ne sais pas dans quel pays vous êtes, mais moi je n'ai rien trouvé. Je n'ai pas planifié ma disparition mais j'y pense, ça me rassurerais d'avoir un moyen fiable et indolore, au cas où. Enfin, comme tous ceux qui sont ici...
Je ne sais pas pour eBay mais je l'ai fait sur Amazon et je n'ai eu aucun problème
Je vois que vous avez essayé une conversation privée avec moi mais je n'arrive pas à y accéder... comment faire ?

Last edited:
firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
Eh bien je ne sais pas dans quel pays vous êtes, mais moi je n'ai rien trouvé. Je n'ai pas planifié ma disparition mais j'y pense, ça me rassurerais d'avoir un moyen fiable et indolore, au cas où. Enfin, comme tous ceux qui sont ici...
Je suis français moi aussi !

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
I pasted an image of something a user on here, Onomatopoeia wrote that you might be interested in.

Is there an oxygen click style regulator can go up to 25lpm for Eebd hoods? Or is 15lpm enough for hoods?

I'll look for bungees I think. Thank you so much for the tips =
The click style regulators from alibaba go up to 25lpm

Reactions: outrider567 and Shunya
P

pedrbel8805

Sep 14, 2024
It is a method that I use as an alternative. All the information published is very interesting. Thank you.

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
is buying the supplies all on ebay risky? i dont want to be contacted by the police or my family finding out lol. im buying a cylinder of nitrogen and a regulator along with supplies for an exit bag.
Not risky at all, it's used for so much stuff and bought so regularly its nbd. But obv family seeing it will raise questions but as far as authorities tracking your purchase on eBay ? No

Reactions: grievingcarcass
M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
Search on youtube for "welding cylinder leak test". TLDW, spray soapy water on the connections and look for bubbles.
Even better, Windex works great. It's commonly used in things like hvac to test for leaks, and since it's pre-made you know it's mixed properly

Reactions: exitingtothevoid
A

agilexona

Sep 10, 2024
Its seems my last message got ignored... so for people who have a problem using gas for different gas regulator type heres a helpful converter

My previous setup doesnt use a regulator since my setup is based on guide i found on hackaday exit bag until i found out that without using a regulator could cause lung rupture an extremely violent death i spent more days preparing the setup which now at this point goes longer the deadline i set for

I cant find a bronze barbed fitting that able to connect argon regulator to small helium tank which lead me to hire a 3d artist to design a fitting for me

Im still figuring out which print material to use and which type of prints atm carbon fiber and sls seems the best option im not sure

Im also gonna need to buy a y valve to connect both tanks and a noise muffler possibly so its less noisy

The hard part is to divide the flow of gas to each regulator
For 15/m using argon i need to split it to each tank and since it have different ratio im going to use the converter 4.7 for argon and divide it to each tank 3/8 for the 30 balloons tank and 5/8 for the 50 balloons tank
3/8 : 1.7625 (1.8)
5/8 : 2.9375 (2.9)

What do you think of the setup?

Reactions: SomewhereAlongThe
standingfast

standingfast

Aug 29, 2024
I am seeing some 99.996% pure and 99.9% pure helium in 25.92 cubic feet tanks that I can purchase on Amazon. I see the original post says you should have like 600 liters of inert gas. But also said in the U.S. you should get 20-40 cubic feet. Is that 20-40 cubic feet equivalent to the 600 liters? I am confused by the conversion. It also said 15 liters per minute flow rate. I want to be sure I have enough for that flow rate. Can anyone comment?

Last edited:
K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
I am seeing some 99.996% pure and 99.9% pure helium in 25.92 cubic feet tanks that I can purchase on Amazon. I see the original post says you should have like 600 liters of inert gas. But also said in the U.S. you should get 20-40 cubic feet. Is that 20-40 cubic feet equivalent to the 600 liters? I am confused by the conversion. It also said 15 liters per minute flow rate. I want to be sure I have enough for that flow rate. Can anyone comment?
Pretty sure 600 liters of tank you divide by 15 lpm will result in 40 minutes of gas. Hopefully other members concur with this before you attempt

also not sure what your finances are or what country your in, or your urgency , but the absolute best thing would be to let the tank run at 15 lpm and time it , to be sure . Then just go get a refill for 15 $ . This is easy in US not sure where your at.

standingfast

standingfast

Aug 29, 2024
I get 600 liters at 15 Lpm is 40 minutes. But is 20 to 40 cubic feet equivalent to 600 liters?

M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
I get 600 liters at 15 Lpm is 40 minutes. But is 20 to 40 cubic feet equivalent to 600 liters?
1 cu ft is 28.xx liters. So 20 cu ft take is right around 560 liters

• Love
Reactions: standingfast and kudaphillips
S

sadbabyyata

Sep 19, 2024
Idk if its stupid to ask this but i know in general it would be best to have 100 helium tank but i was wonderinh your thoughts if it can work with the 20 oxygen/80helium if death is still possible like helium will make me unconscious if its in the oven bag and ill die because the oxygen turns to carbon dioxide or something but the helium will make it still a bit more confortable than without because maybe it will diminish to an extent the feeling of suffocation but also i would still be unconscious so will i really experience alot of discomfort? Is it possible with just a party tank 20oxygen/80helium and if i drank down opiods with alcohol and graprfruit juice?

M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
Idk if its stupid to ask this but i know in general it would be best to have 100 helium tank but i was wonderinh your thoughts if it can work with the 20 oxygen/80helium if death is still possible like helium will make me unconscious if its in the oven bag and ill die because the oxygen turns to carbon dioxide or something but the helium will make it still a bit more confortable than without because maybe it will diminish to an extent the feeling of suffocation but also i would still be unconscious so will i really experience alot of discomfort? Is it possible with just a party tank 20oxygen/80helium and if i drank down opiods with alcohol and graprfruit juice?
No, regular air is already 20.9% oxygen. A 20/80 mix is basically normal air, albeit with helium instead of nitrogen. The top of Mount Everest is ~6.9% oxygen and people climb that without supplemental oxygen. You need at least 95% purity inert gas to be successful, but really preferably 99%+ to account for any small errors with your bag, like a small leak

Reactions: outrider567 and kudaphillips
Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
Hi friends. So I'm putting my kit all together today. I got the Alibaba regulator and attached it today, I got a different hose attachment from amazon because I didn't like the plastic one it came with and it fits. Bought some Turkey bags the other day and was going to make my bag today.. but I hate the super crinkly noise it makes. Is there a different brand of bag that someone could suggest so I can order it now and it be here tomorrow. I've only got a few days left to build this all. thanks in advance. Would a 5 gallon bucket liner bag be a good substitute? They seem really really big more so in the length than width .. Suppose I could always trim em down a little bit, the ends get folded up anyways.

Reactions: Tony24
K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Hi friends. So I'm putting my kit all together today. I got the Alibaba regulator and attached it today, I got a different hose attachment from amazon because I didn't like the plastic one it came with and it fits. Bought some Turkey bags the other day and was going to make my bag today.. but I hate the super crinkly noise it makes. Is there a different brand of bag that someone could suggest so I can order it now and it be here tomorrow. I've only got a few days left to build this all. thanks in advance. Would a 5 gallon bucket liner bag be a good substitute? They seem really really big more so in the length than width .. Suppose I could always trim em down a little bit, the ends get folded up anyways.
I think a bucket liner bag would actually work , you wouldn't need to trim down I don't think the more bag space isn't really a hindrance , just takes more gas to inflate it . I've never seen bucket inter bag mentioned , but make sure it's durable . That's why turkey oven bags are so good because they're durable as hell.
Some turkey bags are crinkly some aren't , mine aren't , they are Reynolds brand .

Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
I think a bucket liner bag would actually work , you wouldn't need to trim down I don't think the more bag space isn't really a hindrance , just takes more gas to inflate it . I've never seen bucket inter bag mentioned , but make sure it's durable . That's why turkey oven bags are so good because they're durable as hell.
Some turkey bags are crinkly some aren't , mine aren't , they are Reynolds brand .
Yea I just discovered the reynolds brand and they look better but not easily available in Canada for some reason and they'd take to long to get here. I've got till the end of the month. I ordered a bucket liner & another brand of Turkey bag. Then I'll have options. I'll make 3 or 4 versions I guess.

Reactions: kudaphillips
SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Possible sources of failure could be

- gas purity
- flinching or bailing
-too slow of a gas flow
-improper bag construction

Definitely make sure your gas is over 99%, make sure you use the proper elastic for your bag, make sure your tank is big enough, make sure you have a comfortable chair and maybe consider buying some straps to keep your self fitting in the correct position
What's the proper elastic? I found https://www.amazon.ca/Focenat-Elast...2a0-423a-bcb7-1d163e3538ab&pd_rd_i=B0BG597XXR this on Amazon, along with these toggles https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078LYKZRY...40PI75LH&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it And I'm wondering if it's good, or if the 1/4th will fit in that toggle. Tired horse recommended 3/8 of elastic but will that fit through the toggle and is It needed?

Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
Finally got around to building my exit bag today.. holy heck, after 2 different types of turkey bag brands I then settled on using a 5 gallon bucket liner.
Got some 4mm elastic cord and off I went following the Doing it with Chi video. Once done making my bag it looks like he used a 5 gallon bucket liner bag as well. He just kept the entire length and after some dry fits I ended up cutting mine done. Just less bag and less space to work with. I might make another though just slightly different tomorrow. My 2-3cm bottom edge, ended up being 5-7cm seam. Not sure it's a big deal, just only going to have one shot at this. I'll try to make a thread later about my story and where I got all my stuff. Gotta share this project with someone. right ? I think this whole exit thing has cost me nearly $2k haha.

Reactions: CantDoIt and standingfast
K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
I'm pretty sure the products you are showing are perfect. With that type of the elastic you can smash it to go through those toggles. You can cut the elastic in half like an inch or 2 ( long ways ) at the area where you're going to insert it into the toggle and it makes it much easier to get it through. If tht makes sense … like … if one hair of thread from the elastic gets through the toggle , you can pull the whole thing through

SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Hey guys,

I'm worried about the exit bag's seal around my neck. If I tighten it just until two fingers fit under, won't too much oxygen get in? If oxygen gets in, won't my brain survive off of that instead of complete brain death? How does this work? Also some say to leave a little space at the bottom to let CO2 out, what's the science of that, apparently It creates a chamber?

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Hey guys,

I'm worried about the exit bag's seal around my neck. If I tighten it just until two fingers fit under, won't too much oxygen get in? If oxygen gets in, won't my brain survive off of that instead of complete brain death? How does this work? Also some say to leave a little space at the bottom to let CO2 out, what's the science of that, apparently It creates a chamber?
For me , this concern went away once I ran tests and se how it works .

When you scrunch all the air out of the bag prior to turning gs on , then allow the bag to inflate , once it's fully inflated .. it's fully inflated with nitrogen , with some residual oxygen that didn't make it out from
Scrunching . But . All of the gas / air inside is being replaced with fresh nitrogen at a high rate , and gets forcefully blown out of the bag , around the neck : you can feel the gas rushing at a high rate around the neck .
Theoretically, the elastic could like … not be tight at all, but the the slight positive pressure stops all ambient air from coming in . This being said , I still would prefer snug fit with the elastic
Once you play around with the tightness of your elastic , and conceptually understand the positive pressure of the bag, and experience it , you'll feel better
You could also just put the bag over your head and tighten the elastic without any gas flowing , to get a sense of the positive pressure. Put it on and press on the bag and notice that the air in the bag doesn't really escape unless you pres hard enough .

Also , you could just get a dummy head , and oxygen sensor and run a test on the dummy head
I did this a few times, and the air in the bag ws like 95-96% Once tho e bag ws fully inflated . Then as more air gets pushed and replenished by fresh nitrogen this slowly crept up to 97..98…99 over a couple minutes

SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
For me , this concern went away once I ran tests and se how it works .

When you scrunch all the air out of the bag prior to turning gs on , then allow the bag to inflate , once it's fully inflated .. it's fully inflated with nitrogen , with some residual oxygen that didn't make it out from
Scrunching . But . All of the gas / air inside is being replaced with fresh nitrogen at a high rate , and gets forcefully blown out of the bag , around the neck : you can feel the gas rushing at a high rate around the neck .
Theoretically, the elastic could like … not be tight at all, but the the slight positive pressure stops all ambient air from coming in . This being said , I still would prefer snug fit with the elastic
Once you play around with the tightness of your elastic , and conceptually understand the positive pressure of the bag, and experience it , you'll feel better
You could also just put the bag over your head and tighten the elastic without any gas flowing , to get a sense of the positive pressure. Put it on and press on the bag and notice that the air in the bag doesn't really escape unless you pres hard enough .

Also , you could just get a dummy head , and oxygen sensor and run a test on the dummy head
I did this a few times, and the air in the bag ws like 95-96% Once tho e bag ws fully inflated . Then as more air gets pushed and replenished by fresh nitrogen this slowly crept up to 97..98…99 over a couple minutes
Thank you for explaining this to me, and yeah I was worried about the ambient air coming in and brain damage happening instead of death. I appreciate this though, it gave me a good idea and understanding of how the air flow works with a turkey bag. I think a lot of people do scuba masks because they are afraid of the turkey bag method.