• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
How reliable is the canadian source? Website seems a bit sketchy to me, worried about a scam. I'd feel more comfortable buying from within the EU - are there any options? EEBD hoods are easily available but they all seem to have proprietary tubing, not directly compatible with Nitrogen tubing.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
jojointhebus

jojointhebus

Mar 23, 2023
Good evening everyone, this is my first post here and I wanted to warn you that I am French and that I use a translator so I apologise in advance if I am not always clear in what I say.

I'm very interested in nitrogen and have already read a few threads, but I still have some questions.

1/ In France I can find 2L bottles at 200 bars so logically 400L or (26min at 15L/min). But I could read that 600L was the minimum to have, can you give me your opinion if it would be enough?

2/ I'm also thinking of using a bag for its price advantage as I can't afford to buy a scuba diving mask or an EEBD. But I was wondering if I should seal it with tape or is it better to just use a cord with a cord lock?

3/ And last question, the flow regulator I can get provides an indication in L/min for Ar and another for CO2 but with a gap between the two ( C02 max: 30 / Ar max: 32), so which one should I trust to set me to 15L/min?

Thank you in advance if someone sees this and is able to answer me!

Peace

Reactions: lion4000b
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
How reliable is the canadian source? Website seems a bit sketchy to me, worried about a scam. I'd feel more comfortable buying from within the EU - are there any options? EEBD hoods are easily available but they all seem to have proprietary tubing, not directly compatible with Nitrogen tubing.
They're a class act, as per Greenberg, plus the tubing is already attached to the hood, couldn't be easier, plus the click flowmeter/regulator works perfectly and super easy to attach to the Nitrogen tank, mine took just a minute to connect(buy an adjustable wrench to tighten)--They are also very helpful on the phone

• Informative
Reactions: Endex
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
1/ In France I can find 2L bottles at 200 bars so logically 400L or (26min at 15L/min). But I could read that 600L was the minimum to have, can you give me your opinion if it would be enough?
In theory a small 2L 200bar cylinder should be enough. But it's better to get a bigger one to have spare gas for tests and bigger safety margin. 5L 200bar is a very balanced size, bunch of gas and still small and easily manageable. @ThisIsLife got a 5L cylinder in France.​

But I was wondering if I should seal it with tape or is it better to just use a cord with a cord lock?
The bag must not be sealed, a gap is needed for CO₂ purging so the the cord is better.

3/ And last question, the flow regulator I can get provides an indication in L/min for Ar and another for CO2 but with a gap between the two ( C02 max: 30 / Ar max: 32), so which one should I trust to set me to 15L/min?
For Nitrogen, 15 LPM in an Argon calibrated flow meter is 12.46 LPM.

Read the inert gas chapter on the PPeH and PPH Essentials.
These are the PPeH's instructions to craft the ExitBag.

Last edited:
E

Elan123

Mar 16, 2023
That's what @Wunderkind did, in fact he refilled it several times during his tests.

I'm hoping to get more specifics on the logistics preferably from someone in Canada

Apparently I don't appear to have permission to search the site until I've posted a few times at which point hopefully I'll find more details.

In the meantime if there's anyone here form Canada I'd appreciate the input.

It would appear to be a lot easier to acquire this in the UK,US and Europe and Australia based on the posts I've read so far .

All of the information on suppliers in the perfect pill book is also centred on the UK,US,Australia,New Zealand and the EU.

I'd also be interested in using the EEBD kit which is apparently available from a supplier here in Canada but that will be after I manage to acquire the tank.

E

efilist

May 21, 2019
That's what I tried to do but I'm pretty sure I've given myself tendonitis lol. It wasn't a problem for the Americana Regulator since it has a grip but the Stickstoff is giving me a lot of trouble.

To clarify, it isn't constantly leaking but if I pressurize the regulator and leave it at 0 LPM I'll hear a blast of gas after <1 minute. I'm worried it will leak after I go unconscious.

I reached out to him, hoping he'll recommend something. I really don't have a lot of space to work with, only 1/2 inch ideally and 3/4 of an inch as an absolute max between the regulator and the tank valve. I haven't seen a single monkey wrench under 1 inch in width that also has a max jaw width of ~3 inches.

That's what I tried to do but I'm pretty sure I've given myself tendonitis lol. It wasn't a problem for the Americana Regulator since it has a grip but the Stickstoff is giving me a lot of trouble.

To clarify, it isn't constantly leaking but if I pressurize the regulator and leave it at 0 LPM I'll hear a blast of gas after <1 minute. I'm worried it will leak after I go unconscious.

I reached out to him, hoping he'll recommend something. I really don't have a lot of space to work with, only 1/2 inch ideally and 3/4 of an inch as an absolute max between the regulator and the tank valve. I haven't seen a single monkey wrench under 1 inch in width that also has a max jaw width of ~3 inches.
I'm curious what he said? I wrapped the regulator in cloth and used a wrench.

Reactions: GasMonkey
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
I'm in Canada and having challenges finding a source of nitrogen gas. I'm reading posts from people in the US,Europe and Australia where apparently it's possible to order 20-40 cubic foot tanks online and have them delivered.

In Canada it appears that unless you are a commercial entity then transport Canada don't permit shipping of full tanks

So it seems that I would have to have to pick up a full tank in person or buy an empty tank and have it filled/replaced in person.

There are a couple of main industrial suppliers here .

Aside from them I am researching other companies such as welding equipment suppliers, brewing companies but I haven't had any luck yet finding any places near me.

I will be making a list of all companies and contacting them to get more information

I was just wondering if there is anyone else here from Canada who could describe how they obtained the gas and the logistics involved

I know that it's not permitted to post names of suppliers but some general information would be useful for example if it was an industrial supplier of a brewing or welding supplier and if they needed to buy an empty tank first and do an exchange .
Hey, i'm also in search of N2 in Canada. Im compiling a list of companies that sell mostly empty tanks ranging from 20-80cu. Shoot me a pm when you have enough posts :)

Reactions: Elan123 and Endex
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
I'm hoping to get more specifics on the logistics preferably from someone in Canada

Apparently I don't appear to have permission to search the site until I've posted a few times at which point hopefully I'll find more details.

In the meantime if there's anyone here form Canada I'd appreciate the input.

It would appear to be a lot easier to acquire this in the UK,US and Europe and Australia based on the posts I've read so far .

All of the information on suppliers in the perfect pill book is also centred on the UK,US,Australia,New Zealand and the EU.

I'd also be interested in using the EEBD kit which is apparently available from a supplier here in Canada but that will be after I manage to acquire the tank.
Spend a bit of time in the counting game to get your posts up.

Reactions: Elan123
LookAway

LookAway

Student
Mar 19, 2023
In theory a small 2L 200bar cylinder should be enough. But it's better to get a bigger one to have spare gas for tests and bigger safety margin. 5L 200bar is a very balanced size, bunch of gas and still small and easily manageable. @ThisIsLife got a 5L cylinder in France.​

The bag must not be sealed, a gap is needed for CO₂ purging so the the cord is better.

For Nitrogen, 15 LPM in an Argon calibrated flow meter is 12.46 LPM.

Read the inert gas chapter on the PPeH and PPH Essentials.
These are the PPeH's instructions to craft the ExitBag.
So how would one put a gap inside the bag? Lay down and have a thumb between the bag and the neck?
would be great to see an anonymous tutorial video on how to connect everything
There was a video at some point someone was sharing around the entire instructions I remember watching it they showed how to make the bag and everything.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
does'nt the flow have to be at the correct setting?
15 LPM or higher, that's already in the official instructions.

So how would one put a gap inside the bag? Lay down and have a thumb between the bag and the neck?
Simply leaving a gap between the bag and the neck while adjusting it, the classic "2 fingers gap".
The PPeH doesn't specify an exact gap size, just "firm but not tight", so the 2 fingers thing probably comes from some other book like Final Exit or Five Last Acts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Endex and TimetoGo!
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
15 LPM or higher, that's already in the official instructions.

Simply leaving a gap between the bag and the neck while adjusting it, the classic "2 fingers gap".
The PPeH doesn't specify an exact gap size, just "firm but not tight", so the 2 fingers thing probably comes from some other book like Final Exit or Five Last Acts.
Will a 10lr canister, which I can get hold of for about £60, be enough? Because I read this below from the OP …..

The Gas:

You will need to keep the inert gas flowing at 15 liters per minute (Lpm) for 40 minutes to be confident of ending your life —in other words, you'll need a minimum of 600 liters of inert gas.

Bit confused

E

EuthanasiaSix

Mar 21, 2023
Hi guys, do i need cylinder with exactly 200 bar pressure or 150 should be enough?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
The total volume is what matters. A 150bar cylinder could be enough if it has enough total volume. 200bar cylinders have more gas obviously.

Wunderkind used a 5L 150bar cylinder that he filled locally (he refilled several times during his tests).

depressomartin.iis

depressomartin.iis

tired
Mar 22, 2023
Hey guys. I've decided to return my 2L 200 bar helium canister because its too small to do tests on and opt for the nitrogen method instead.

Im in the UK so I'm going to order from ADAMS GAS. does anyone know which is the best to buy the tank for out of these 4 options in this pic?

ALSO.. I dont really have any other knowledge on this, apart from how to actually make the exit bag itself. But what other components are actually required from a Gas perspective?

Thanks guys!

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
9L.
The possible implementations are ExitBag, EEBD Hood and SCBA.
For the ExitBag you need oxygen tubing and a flow regulator capable of supplying 15 LPM.

depressomartin.iis

depressomartin.iis

tired
Mar 22, 2023
Thanks @GasMonkey :)
A few more questions sorry!

1/ would this suffice? 1679870984324
OR

2/ Is this required?

AND Finally,

3/ What would I say to these companies because the orders are always 'inquiries' so they are going to contact me before selling. And I have no idea about Gas.

Thank you!

E

Elan123

Mar 16, 2023
Hey, i'm also in search of N2 in Canada. Im compiling a list of companies that sell mostly empty tanks ranging from 20-80cu. Shoot me a pm when you have enough posts :)

I will thanks. The challenge I'm having is finding companies to fill the tanks. I'm searching for welding suppliers.brewing suppliers as well as industrial.
I've come across some options but not in my province of Quebec. The smaller places I've found are in Ontario or Alberta.
Are you planning to purchase a tank then get it filled and if so would that be from an industrial supplier or are you looking at smaller suppliers as mentioned? It looks like the industrial suppliers generally deal with companies and supply larger tanks and quantities that what I'm looking for.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
E

Elan123

Mar 16, 2023
The total volume is what matters. A 150bar cylinder could be enough if it has enough total volume. 200bar cylinders have more gas obviously.

Wunderkind used a 5L 150bar cylinder that he filled locally (he refilled several times during his tests).

Regarding the volume of these tanks. I've seen it expressed in litres and cubic feet.

When you talk about a 5 litre tank at 150 bar am I correct in understanding that the 5 litre is called the water weight volume and that it would hold 750 litres of compressed gas?

Here tanks have the volume expressed in cubic feet which I believe is just over 26 cubic feet for the particular tank mentioned and the pressure in psi which would be between 2175 and 2900 for 150-200 bar

Is the pressure related to the tank itself or related to how it's filled?

That is to say if you buy an empty tank then would the tank itself be rated at 150 or 200 bar before it's filled?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
When you talk about a 5 litre tank at 150 bar am I correct in understanding that the 5 litre is called the water weight volume and that it would hold 750 litres of compressed gas?
Yep.

Is the pressure related to the tank itself
Yep, 150bar tanks have thinner walls.

That is to say if you buy an empty tank then would the tank itself be rated at 150 or 200 bar before it's filled?
Yep.
There are 300bar N₂ tanks too, but not in consumer sizes.

Reactions: Endex and Elan123
E

Elan123

Mar 16, 2023

I see that I now have the option to chat or start a conversation

Is the "Start a Conversation" function the same as a PM here ?

depressomartin.iis

depressomartin.iis

tired
Mar 22, 2023
Anyone know where to buy nitrogen canister and flow regulator directly in UK without in being a 'query' were the company has to contact you over order?

If not. What souls I say when they call over the order?

Thanks
No, that's a pressure regulator.

Another pressure regulator.

Look for some regulator that you can buy directly.
I've been trying to find a regulator all night. I feel stupid i have no idea what to get

Last edited:
E

EuthanasiaSix

Mar 21, 2023
Do i need to buy air-to-nitrogen adapter if im getting scuba kit from canadian source? As i understand it can be attached to N cylinder without it or im wrong

So, the kit is DIN477#10, my cylinder is DIN477#6, i want to buy a reducer and it should be done i guess

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Is the "Start a Conversation" function the same as a PM here ?
Yep.

What souls I say when they call over the order?
Welding.

Do i need to buy air-to-nitrogen adapter if im getting scuba kit from canadian source?
No, the kit uses a Nitrogen regulator, connects directly. It's not SCUBA, is SCBA.

So, the kit is DIN477#10, my cylinder is DIN477#6, i want to buy a reducer and it should be done i guess
It would be better to use a DIN477#10 cylinder and no adapters, but yeah it can work with an adapter.
What pressure has your cylinder?

Last edited: