• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

Catastrofe

Student
Apr 5, 2023
Hello, I am a new member and I would just like to express how much I appreciate this detailled description and all the infos I am getting in this site. I am thinking about ctb and I was looking fot a method. Yhanks to this site I now know that there are possible painless and decent ways in case I decide. Thank you for this post.

E

Elan123

Mar 16, 2023
Is that a DIN477 #10 reg?

No.

No, it's a flow regulator only.

The pressure flow regulator is only needed for SCBA setups which work on-demand instead of constant flow, but it is also compatible with the EEBD coz it has both types of ports (pressure and flow). I knew 3 guys who bought the SCBA kit + the EEBD Hood alone to test both, they ended up picking the SCBA. 2 of them already CTB'd (Bengal and imcadt99).​

That changes on each region.

From what I understand for US/Canada the cylinder has a CGA 580 outlet valve

I'm just not clear if there's a particular thread size that is compatible with the flow regulator on the EEBD kit

I've seen cylinders that state thread sizes of 3/4 ngt or 0.750 unf .

The chart you attached has 0.965" -14 ngo int

Before purchasing a cylinder I want to make sure it has all of the correct specs .

Regarding not needing a pressure regulator , I thought that was needed to see how much gas is in the cylinder?

I'm a little confused and would appreciate some clarification

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I've seen cylinders that state thread sizes of 3/4 ngt or 0.750 unf .

The chart you attached has 0.965" -14 ngo int

Before purchasing a cylinder I want to make sure it has all of the correct specs .
You don't need to check any sizes, just that the standard connection is the one in your region, CGA-580 in your case.

Regarding not needing a pressure regulator , I thought that was needed to see how much gas is in the cylinder?
All regulators have pressure gauges.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
E

Elan123

Mar 16, 2023
You don't need to check any sizes, just that the standard connection is the one in your region, CGA-580 in your case.

All regulators have pressure gauges.
Thanks for the response.

So the flow regulator that comes with the EEBD kit will fit the CGA 580 valve outlet no need to be concerned with thread sizes at all?

and the flow regulator in the kit has a pressure gauge which would be used to monitor the amount of gas in the cylinder?

I think I was getting confused with the difference between a pressure gauge and pressure regulator the former being simply a reading whereas the latter would reduce the pressure?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
So the flow regulator that comes with the EEBD kit will fit the CGA 580 valve outlet no need to be concerned with thread sizes at all?

and the flow regulator in the kit has a pressure gauge which would be used to monitor the amount of gas in the cylinder?
Yep.

I think I was getting confused with the difference between a pressure gauge and pressure regulator the former being simply a reading whereas the latter would reduce the pressure?
A pressure regulator (or pressure port) supplies a fixed pressure. My SCBA regulator supplies 7.5bar to my demand valve.

R

ReluctantSeeker

Mar 5, 2021
Ahh, dammit. The site selling the scba/eebd hood combo kits went offline. I was going to order one of those. Hope the site comes back up.

Reactions: my-end
M

my-end

Leaving not grieving
Dec 19, 2022
Ahh, dammit. The site selling the scba/eebd hood combo kits went offline. I was going to order one of those. Hope the site comes back up.
Do you feel like there's more reliability with that versus using a bag?

J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
Looking for N2 in Australia and have come across a company that ships it nation-wide.
I am wondering if these specifications are satisfactory to CTB. The cylinder is Type C.
I am planning to buy a regulator from Max dog Brewing to reduce pressure to 150 bar as per requirements in the PP handbook.
View attachment 106415
Hi, l'm in Australia too. I think we have been looking at the same website, can l pm you please?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Hi all,

spent most of yesterdays afternoon reading to the complete thread, thanks to everybody contributing
valuable information!

I currently considering going the SCBA Route. I'm from the DACH Region the pricing for the needed
equipment seems excessive. Mask, LDV (Lungenautomat ?) and the the regulator (shown in
Wunderkinds pictures) cost about 1,7k Euro.

Is this legit ? Has anybody from austria/germany/switzerland done any research ?

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
Hi all,

spent most of yesterdays afternoon reading to the complete thread, thanks to everybody contributing
valuable information!

I currently considering going the SCBA Route. I'm from the DACH Region the pricing for the needed
equipment seems excessive. Mask, LDV (Lungenautomat ?) and the the regulator (shown in
Wunderkinds pictures) cost about 1,7k Euro.

Is this legit ? Has anybody from austria/germany/switzerland done any research ?
Wunderkinds setup was partly second hand. That's why he spent about 200€. I also bought some second hand material at ebay. When you buy it new at the em site it costs about 1300€ incl. taxes and customs. I'm from your region too. But the real expert here is @GasMonkey

Reactions: Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Wunderkinds setup was partly second hand. That's why he spent about 200€. I also bought some second hand material at ebay. When you buy it new at the em site it costs about 1300€ incl. taxes and customs.

Haven't figured out what the URL of the famous em site is. I however did find a complete second hand kit
with a bottle (7L) on ebay.

This is second-hand firefighters equipment. The question is, how does one verify everything works as expected ?
My idea is to one filling with breathing air to check everything is still air tight and then do a second filling with N2.

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
I was lucky to find a filled oxygen cylinder on ebay. It will not be easy to find someone who fill it for you. Your bottle needs TÜV and I don't know if a diving shop fills firefighter cylinders. And what i can surely say don't noone fills you nitrogen in a oxygen cylinder. You have to buy it separatly and buy an adapter.
Haven't figured out what the URL of the famous em site is. I however did find a complete second hand kit
You need more posts (20) that i can pm you. Go to the game section.

• Love
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I was lucky to find a filled oxygen cylinder on ebay.
So you tested your kit with breathing air to confirm it works ?

It will not be easy to find someone who fill it for you. Your bottle needs TÜV and I don't know if a diving shop fills firefighter cylinders. And what i can surely say don't noone fills you nitrogen in a oxygen cylinder. You have to buy it separatly and buy an adapter.

Yeah, figured as much. The 7L Bottle kit was tempting because 5 L N2 is hard to come by, 10 L is a challenge since
I can't ctb where I live because if have sold it and I actually like the new owners :D

The dreager reducer/bottle stuff seems to operate on G 5/8" so I need an adapter to W24,32x1/14" ?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Yes. And to get a feeling. I had problems with the adapter, so i couldn't test it with nitrogen yet.

You mean sourcing one or making the connection ?

How would you test with n2 anyway without accidentally ctb'ing ?

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022

I got the source here. That was not the problem. My regulator (Pressluftatmer) and the adapter didn't fit. Now I bought a different one. But I was the first person with this problem here. I recommend buying a kit at ebay, which you can give back.

By holding the mask. If you fade the mask falls off. But haven't done that.

Attachments

• 20230408_121909.jpg
    20230408_121909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Haven't figured out what the URL of the famous em site is.
Doesn't matter, is no longer on-line.

cost about 1,7k Euro.
Mine is ~1000 €, first-hand top-notch equipment made in Germany (not counting the Nitrogen cylinder).

how does one verify everything works as expected ?
Must maintain a positive pressure inside the mask. You can test it on a mannequin's head or in your face without breathing, lifting the mask a bit will create a demand that will make the demand valve pump (in an effort to maintain the positive pressure).​

5 L N2 is hard to come by
Germany has the best shop to buy filled cylinders and they have that size (5L 200bar).

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
By holding the mask. If you fade the mask falls off. But haven't done that.

Wunderkind wrote about that but I didn't quite figure out whats the difference
between the the test and the ctb. Or do you simply hold the mask instead of fixating
it ?

I recommend buying a kit at ebay, which you can give back.

The one I currently have my eye on has a return policy.

For the adapter i found two sources. Both look like they would do the job. 2023 04 09 15 19 27

Attachments

• 2023-04-09-15_20_26.png
    2023-04-09-15_20_26.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 0
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
For the adapter i found two sources. Both look like they would do the job.
That's not the correct adapter, it has to be female 300bar on the Air side and female 200bar on the Nitrogen side.

166009_All.png

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Germany has the best shop to buy filled cylinders and they have that size (5L 200bar).
Are we talking about GD ? They do have them but nothing is in stock. And if i remember correctly the 5l has been out of stock for some time.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
That's not the correct adapter, it has to be female 300bar on the Air side and female 200bar on the Nitrogen side.

Female should be Innengewinde / inner thread on both sides ?
Is the category compressed air -> nitrogen the correct one ?
Why 300 bar on the air side ?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
Does the mentioned German shop again deliver outside Germany?

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
I would try it. If it doesn't work, you could buy an empty bottle f.e. at ebay and let it fill locally. I also found one supplier who sells full bottles at ebay which isn't quite legal because he send them via dhl. Don't know if I can trust him.