sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
I found another cylinder with 8 liters of nitrogen and its significantly lighter to carry than the other container I found. Would that be enough?
It is enough, how much liters does the other container have?

F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Good day my friends, might I ask your advice? I have the clickstyle regulator recommended by GasMonkey for US residents. I also have the yellow EEBD hood from China. My question is which exact coupler/adapter is needed to connect the hose to the regulator, I'm a granny who is hopeless with fittings and such. Here is what the hose connection looks like. Thank you!

Hard to tell what kind of connection you have just by looking at the pic. It looks like a different connection to the hood I have, so it may not fit a Rectus 95 ks coupler that fits my hood hose. Or the Draeger CEJN 344 series coupler that fits some Draeger hoods (female 1/4" NPT in U.S.). For U.S. regulators I think you also need an adaptor to go between the coupler and the regulator connection. (CGA 032 to 1/4" NPT adapter?).

Might be just easier to cut the connector off the hose and connect it directly to the regulator connection with a hose clamp like this :

Reactions: Readytogohome
W

wanttosleep

Aug 8, 2023
Good day my friends, might I ask your advice? I have the clickstyle regulator recommended by GasMonkey for US residents. I also have the yellow EEBD hood from China. My question is which exact coupler/adapter is needed to connect the hose to the regulator, I'm a granny who is hopeless with fittings and such. Here is what the hose connection looks like. Thank you!
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/nitrogen-gas-with-eebd-hood-guide-inert-gas-method.122159/ I suggest checking this out

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
How do you do a blackout test with the eebd hood?

It's too risky to do a blackout test with an EEBD hood if you ask me.

I will use a regular plastic bag for this when I do a blackout test later.

I found another cylinder with 8 liters of nitrogen and its significantly lighter to carry than the other container I found. Would that be enough?

It should be enough.

What's the working pressure of the cylinder? (In bar, or psi)

It can be difficult to identify the connector / thread type that's used for the EEBD hood.
You'd need to take accurate measurements of the connector, the thread and the hose.

Is it possible to contact the supplier and ask them what the hose connector type is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Readytogohome and RazorWing
R

RazorWing

Oct 16, 2023
It's too risky to do a blackout test with an EEBD hood if you ask me.

I will use a regular plastic bag for this when I do a blackout test later.
Thank you for feedback. I did think the EEBD would be very risky as it's designed to fit semi-snug around the next so if you blackout, how is it going to fall off.

How is a plastic bag any less risky?

I understand the SCBA blackout as your just holding the mask on until you blackout and as soon as you do the mask will fall off and you will breath normal oxygen again.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Thank you for feedback. I did think the EEBD would be very risky as it's designed to fit semi-snug around the next so if you blackout, how is it going to fall off.

I understand the SCBA blackout as your just holding the mask on until you blackout and as soon as you do the mask will fall off and you will breath normal oxygen again.

The EEBD is too risky, because you might not be able to remove it in time.
In the case of the plastic bag, it can be easily removed or even completely ripped off should something go wrong regardless.

You'd do the same procedure as if you were going to ctb with a few adjustments.
You don't adjust the elastic cord, and instead will hold the bag with both of your hands.

You hyperventilate during the time it takes to pre-fill the bag.
Once it's fully inflated, you stop the regulator flow and pull it down and hold the bag with both hands.

Breathe for about 15-30 seconds until you black out.
Your hands should let go of the bag after blacking out.

NOTE: I have not tried this myself yet, but will do so later.
I suggest waiting for my result before trying it yourself, in case my method doesn't work or proves to be dangerous.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
sensenmann

sensenmann

Jun 14, 2023

The SCBA blackout is good but you will lose some gas.

Last edited:
R

RazorWing

Oct 16, 2023
The EEBD is too risky, because you might not be able to remove it in time.
In the case of the plastic bag, it can be easily removed or even completely ripped off should something go wrong regardless.

You'd do the same procedure as if you were going to ctb with a few adjustments.
You don't adjust the elastic cord, and instead will hold the bag with both of your hands.

You hyperventilate during the time it takes to pre-fill the bag.
Once it's fully inflated, you stop the regulator flow and pull it down and hold the bag with both hands.

Breathe for about 15-30 seconds until you black out.
Your hands should let go of the bag after blacking out.

NOTE: I have not tried this myself yet, but will do so later.
I suggest waiting for my result before trying it yourself, in case my method doesn't work or proves to be dangerous.
Thank you for clarifying. Please let us know how you get on.
The SCBA blackout is good but you will lose some gas.
Just wondering why you would lose gas as I thought the SCBA had a demand valve and once the mask comes off after blackout, it will stop supply?

sensenmann

sensenmann

Jun 14, 2023
Thank you for clarifying. Please let us know how you get on.

Just wondering why you would lose gas as I thought the SCBA had a demand valve and once the mask comes off after blackout, it will stop supply?
I may have mixed up PP and non-PP, maybe someone can clarify.

M

mcis5942

Jul 1, 2023
My argon flowmeter for nitrogen setup has just arrived, it's different from what advertised though, it reads SCFH instead of LPM.

Should I just source for another flowmeter in LPM?

Or can I use below method to convert LPM to SCFH?
12.8 LPM = 27.12 CFH
I'm not sure if SCFH and CFH are the same? Most websites convert with CFH instead of SCFH.
There are calculators in the interwebs to convert LPM to CFH.
15 LPM = 31,78 CFH.

In the case of this regulator the 30 CFH option of the selector looks perfect, that's equivalent to 14,15 LPM which will be higher with Nitrogen since it is calibrated for Argon. In an Argon calibrated flow meter the equivalent to 15 LPM while using Nitrogen is 12,7 LPM.​

Unfortunately the blog mentioned here was taken down..
Your flow rate is set too high; it should be set around 12LPM. You can find the calculations on my blog; it is the August 28th entry. (You can find my blog under my photo, under my name.)

I'm getting a little panic here as I'm not familiar with these technical terms.. thank you all for the advice and help

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Mare Imbrium
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
My argon flowmeter for nitrogen setup has just arrived, it's different from what advertised though, it reads SCFH instead of LPM.

Should I just source for another flowmeter in LPM?

Or can I use below method to convert LPM to SCFH?
12.8 LPM = 27.12 CFH
I'm not sure if SCFH and CFH are the same? Most websites convert with CFH instead of SCFH.

Unfortunately the blog mentioned here was taken down..

I'm getting a little panic here as I'm not familiar with these technical terms.. thank you all for the advice and help

For our case, it doesn't really matter.
You can just treat SCFH as CFH in this case.

I looked it up, and simplified: The actual flow rate varies depending on the actual temperature (ambient, room temperature) and atmospheric pressure.

https://learnmetrics.com/scfm-vs-cfm-and-scfm-to-cfm-conversion/

The website has a calculator, but it uses CFM, which is much higher than CFH.

A quick approximation showed me that the actual flow rate varies by 2 LPM at best, given two spaces where one has an ambient room temperature of 15C celcius and the other 37C celcius.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mare Imbrium and mcis5942
Username1

Username1

I do not know English
Oct 10, 2023
I'm from Russia. As far as I understand, I need a G3/4 - DIN300 adapter for the SCBA method. I tried to find him, but I couldn't. Can someone tell me if the adapter has the right name? If suddenly there is someone from Russia who goes with the SCBA method and he found this adapter, please write me a personal message. (In addition, I found that Drager products are not shipped to Russia, perhaps you can order from abroad, but I do not know how)

Someone has a saved Greenberg blog?

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I'm from Russia. As far as I understand, I need a G3/4 - DIN300 adapter for the SCBA method. I tried to find him, but I couldn't. Can someone tell me if the adapter has the right name? If suddenly there is someone from Russia who goes with the SCBA method and he found this adapter, please write me a personal message. (In addition, I found that Drager products are not shipped to Russia, perhaps you can order from abroad, but I do not know how)

Someone has a saved Greenberg blog?

Do you happen to know the cylinder connections in your region?
Or whether your region uses DIN type connections or something else?

Username1

Username1

I do not know English
Oct 10, 2023
Do you happen to know the cylinder connections in your region?
Or whether your region uses DIN type connections or something else?
As I understood, the nitrogen cylinder in my country has a G3/4 connection, I also looked at a specific cylinder on the website - the G3/4 connector was specified in the specifications

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
As I understood, the nitrogen cylinder in my country has a G3/4 connection, I also looked at a specific cylinder on the website - the G3/4 connector was specified in the specifications

I saw W27.8 and W19.2 connectors mentioned for Russia.
I think your country has it's own standard, so it's difficult for me to find more information on it.

As for G 3/4 being mentioned on the forum, I only found this post so far:

300 bar female G 5/8( on the Air side) to 200 bar female G 3/4 on the Nitrogen side.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/post-1930734
That "300 bar" on the Air side is because SCBA Air regulator is DIN300 for DIN300 cylinders(DIN300 valves).
The difference between DIN300 and DIN200 valve:

Those who want to CTS( Catch The Submarine) with diving equipment(SCUBA) need 200 bar on both sides because the diving regulator is DIN200(for DIN200 valves).

For example @Wunderkind used 300 G 5/8 to 200 G 3/4(note that his adapter came without O-ring and he used a lot of teflon tape on his cylinder's male thread) but GasMonkey's "300 G 5/8 to 200 W24.32" adapter has O-ring(only on the Nitrogen side) and for the Air side,SCBA Air regulator itself has O-ring,so he can enjoy a leak-free connection without using teflon tape.

Oh, I didn't notice that,your G 3/4 valve is female?
@Wunderkind used "G 5/8 to G 3/4" adapter and by the looks of it,looks like his valve had male thread.
View attachment 118015
If your G 3/4 valve is female,then you need "300 bar female(internal) G 5/8( on the Air side) to 200 bar male(external) G 3/4 on the Nitrogen side.
You can't connect a female thread to a female thread or a male thread to a male thread.
If your valve is male,you need female(internal)adapter on the Nitrogen side. If your valve is female,you need male(external) adapter on the Nitrogen side.
The Air side of the "Air to N2" adapter always remains female because SCBA Air regulator has male thread.

Username1

Username1

I do not know English
Oct 10, 2023
I saw W27.8 and W19.2 connectors mentioned for Russia.
I think your country has it's own standard, so it's difficult for me to find more information on it.

As for G 3/4 being mentioned on the forum, I only found this post so far:
Here's another mention:
There is a very good dual-stage Nitrogen flow regulator for the AU/NZ connection. You can find it easily in the Australian eBay.

Checking that the cylinder doesn't loss pressure when the regulator is pressurized for 10+ mins, positive and negative pressure tests on the mask, checking that the demand valve maintains a positive pressure inside the mask.

You shouldn't do that, pure oxygen is toxic (and the SCBA reg isn't an oxygen reg). The equipment could be tested perfectly with any air cylinder with a DIN300 connection like an SCBA tank (💶💶💶 tho).

You must use oxygen tubing instead of the welding hose. Read inert gas chapter on the PPH Essentials.

The supplier recommened in the PPeH for EU is from Germany, top-notch supplier with cylinders of all sizes. I can't name it here coz is against the rules to post sources. The most balanced size is 5L 200bar.​

You can implement all types of setups in the UK: ExitBag, Hood, SCBA, SCUBA. Depends on how much money do you want to spend on it.

There are also adapters for the G3/4" Russian connection and the CGA-346 US SCBA connection (CGA-347 is also used for SCBAs there).

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Here's another mention:
Yea if GasMonkey said they exist, then they probably do, but it might be difficult to find.

I saw "W24.32 x G 3/4" and "W21.8 x G 3/4" adapters on some site. Don't know if that's useful.

What is the connector name and the thread dimensions for the DIN300 connection, do you happen to know that?

Username1

Username1

I do not know English
Oct 10, 2023
Yea if GasMonkey said they exist, then they probably do, but it might be difficult to find.

I saw "W24.32 x G 3/4" and "W21.8 x G 3/4" adapters on some site. Don't know if that's useful.

What is the connector name and the thread dimensions for the DIN300 connection, do you happen to know that?
I thought that DIN300 is the name of the thread, it seems that this is the name of some other characteristic of the adapter (I saw how the SCBA regulator did not fit into DIN200). I tried to find the name of the connector at the outlet of the valve of the compressed air cylinder, but I couldn't. This is probably what you need to look for to understand which SCBA regulator connector is in my region? Or, probably, if I order a SCBA kit from another country, I need an adapter with a connector that is used in that country. Perhaps the connectors of SCBA regulators are standardized? And if Drager used to supply its products to my country, then their regulators had the same thread as in other countries?
I thought that DIN300 is the name of the thread, it seems that this is the name of some other characteristic of the adapter (I saw how the SCBA regulator did not fit into DIN200). I tried to find the name of the connector at the outlet of the valve of the compressed air cylinder, but I couldn't. This is probably what you need to look for to understand which SCBA regulator connector is in my region? Or, probably, if I order a SCBA kit from another country, I need an adapter with a connector that is used in that country. Perhaps the connectors of SCBA regulators are standardized? And if Drager used to supply its products to my country, then their regulators had the same thread as in other countries?
According to some information, the G5/8 connector is used for SCBA in all countries except America, I hope this is true (maybe this information will be useful to someone, and maybe many people knew about it here, but not me)

Last edited:
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
They wrote me a private message saying that the G5/8 connector is used for SCBA in all countries except America, I hope this is true (maybe this information will be useful to someone, and maybe many people knew about it here, but not me)

Yea I myself don't know anything about the SCBA method apart from some of the bits I read here and there.

I do remember that finding the correct adapter for your region was one of the most important steps.
The correct adapter is required to be able to connect the gas cylinder to the SCBA setup.

Username1

Username1

I do not know English
Oct 10, 2023
In addition, I have an idea what DIN200/300 could mean, perhaps it means what pressure the adapter is designed for (DIN300 is longer than DIN200, which probably provides a stronger connection).

According to some information, the G5/8 connector is used for SCBA in all countries except America, I hope this is true (maybe this information will be useful to someone, and maybe many people knew about it here, but not me)

Last edited:
S

simplymiserable

Hi
May 21, 2023
I have my all my equipment ready for my SCBA set-up and need to run a some tests. Have a couple of questions.

How do you safely deliver the nitrogen from the tank to the mask? do I simply connect them and switch the cylinder valve on?

Should the demand valve be off, on or does it not matter?

Should I strap the cylinder down while conducting the tests?

I am conducting my tests with a pulse oximeter, planning to take 1 or 2 inhales to look for changes in oxygen level. Is this a good method or is there a better way?

A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
Thoughts on this type of a mask? They come with or or without the bag attachment. It attaches to an oxygen tank regulator and can go up to 15LPM

Would the oxygen tank regulator also fit a nitrogen tank?

Last edited:
D

danvii

Oct 31, 2023
I bought two canisters Argon gas will it work. I've seen some info that says it might as argon is heavier than air. Do I just need to fill the bag full with argon. Also how long will it take for me to pass out. Please someone help

Weltall

Weltall

Consider Your Choices Before You Act
Nov 9, 2023
I bought two canisters Argon gas will it work. I've seen some info that says it might as argon is heavier than air. Do I just need to fill the bag full with argon. Also how long will it take for me to pass out. Please someone help
Usually the reports say that once all the CO2 is out of your system, unconsciousness should happen very swiftly.
They recommend to do a large exhale before placing the bag/mask on the head.
From what I've read, it could be just a few seconds, to a few minutes before you pass out.
If you're using a non-rebreather mask or bag, then yes, it's recommended to pre-fill it with the chosen gas.

Remember, you have a choice.
We'll support you with whichever decision you decide.

Reactions: DeadHead and danvii
my_sundown

my_sundown

My Sundown.
Jan 17, 2023
I read somewhere Alabama is now using this instead of N.

• Informative
Reactions: DyingToDie123
D

danvii

Oct 31, 2023
Usually the reports say that once all the CO2 is out of your system, unconsciousness should happen very swiftly.
They recommend to do a large exhale before placing the bag/mask on the head.
From what I've read, it could be just a few seconds, to a few minutes before you pass out.
If you're using a non-rebreather mask or bag, then yes, it's recommended to pre-fill it with the chosen gas.

Remember, you have a choice.
We'll support you with whichever decision you decide.
Thank you. This is the choice I've decided to make thank you for your support all of you☺️
Thank you. This is the choice I've decided to make thank you for your support all of you☺️
😭I'm just hoping that my attempt actually works this time, hopefully I won't be seeing any of you come Monday

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeadHead and thewalkingdread