• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
I just wanted to share my thanks for the details, if ever things get too much Ive got my helium tank ready. I've attempted this method and failed once before

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Hi again, maybe stupid question but
I have a 5L 150 bar cylinder with G3/4 inner thread and i need to connect it with SCBA regulator
In that case I need an air-to-nitrogen adapter G3/4" outside thread - 5/8" insed thread 200-200 bar, right?
300 bar female G 5/8( on the Air side) to 200 bar female G 3/4 on the Nitrogen side.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/post-1930734
That "300 bar" on the Air side is because SCBA Air regulator is DIN300 for DIN300 cylinders(DIN300 valves).
The difference between DIN300 and DIN200 valve:

Those who want to CTS( Catch The Submarine) with diving equipment(SCUBA) need 200 bar on both sides because the diving regulator is DIN200(for DIN200 valves).

For example @Wunderkind used 300 G 5/8 to 200 G 3/4(note that his adapter came without O-ring and he used a lot of teflon tape on his cylinder's male thread) but GasMonkey's "300 G 5/8 to 200 W24.32" adapter has O-ring(only on the Nitrogen side) and for the Air side,SCBA Air regulator itself has O-ring,so he can enjoy a leak-free connection without using teflon tape.
G3/4 inner thread
Oh, I didn't notice that,your G 3/4 valve is female?
@Wunderkind used "G 5/8 to G 3/4" adapter and by the looks of it,looks like his valve had male thread.
176247 20230808 130108
If your G 3/4 valve is female,then you need "300 bar female(internal) G 5/8( on the Air side) to 200 bar male(external) G 3/4 on the Nitrogen side.
You can't connect a female thread to a female thread or a male thread to a male thread.
If your valve is male,you need female(internal)adapter on the Nitrogen side. If your valve is female,you need male(external) adapter on the Nitrogen side.
The Air side of the "Air to N2" adapter always remains female because SCBA Air regulator has male thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskalacianorka
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
I just wanted to share my thanks for the details, if ever things get too much Ive got my helium tank ready. I've attempted this method and failed once before
Why did you fail? Kind regards.

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
I failed twice actually. I tried to hang myself with a ceiling fan and it completely broke off, it's still broken to this day. About the helium I have never really known why it was a failure, I set it up correctly and was expecting to pass out but I just remained completely conscious for at least a few minutes. I remember the feeling of inhaling helium the way things get this weird taste, my head spinning a bit. I think I didn't do it for long enough tbh. It was a very emotional moment I remember.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I failed twice actually. I tried to hang myself with a ceiling fan and it completely broke off, it's still broken to this day. About the helium I have never really known why it was a failure, I set it up correctly and was expecting to pass out but I just remained completely conscious for at least a few minutes. I remember the feeling of inhaling helium the way things get this weird taste, my head spinning a bit. I think I didn't do it for long enough tbh. It was a very emotional moment I remember.
Did you have the required purity or was it the party balloon stuff ?

Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
That's exactly what I was thinking tbh. It probably wasn't enough helium to kill me because it was from a balloon helium tank which isn't enough. Where can U get helium at that purity (I'm doing good but I always want the cowards way out if all shit goes to hell)

W

wanttosleep

Aug 8, 2023
That's exactly what I was thinking tbh. It probably wasn't enough helium to kill me because it was from a balloon helium tank which isn't enough. Where can U get helium at that purity (I'm doing good but I always want the cowards way out if all shit goes to hell)
Aussie? If so the was some new safety standard for non refillable helium tanks need to be mixed with 20% oxygen. I'm going with nitrogen because it seems easier to get and the supplier says it supposed to be >99% nitrogen
Man thats just cruel

Reactions: sensation86
P

puffnstuff

Jul 3, 2023
I bought this CGA580 Argon CO2 regulator for my 550L Nitrogen bottle.
1. Do I still set it for 15lpm?
2. The hose is about the diameter of my pinky. Is that a problem if I am using the traditional exit bag? If so, what should I do?

Last edited:
Reactions: On quest
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Is this one a eebd hood? Is this hood failsafe? Maybe there is a safer option? At least you have to stop yourself from pulling any plugs and so on. You gas yourself in the hood? https://www.herbach.de/brandschutz/...i-hood-in-tasche-rettungshaube-komplett/18382

How many litres is the gas bottle minimum?
How many bar?

Is this a regulator? How to calculate for nitrogen? https://weldes.de/de_DE/p/DURCHFLUSSMESSER-ARGON-CARBON-DIOXID-UND-MIX-185BAR-SHERMAN/3227

Why isn't there a guide with links to all parts?

Can someone contact me and help me with this?

Last edited:
ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
carbon monoxide
Carbon dioxide(CO2)
Or does it not matter?
@Das Nichts did blackout test with plastic bag and said that these small details are not important.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
My exit oven bag ruffles above the elastic band. There is a possibility of entry of more O2. What are your opinions? Thank you.

J

JC96178235

Aug 26, 2022
In a well tightened mask you will never have a big seal break, no matter how much do you move. There isn't any realistic situation where that will happen.

Assuming the mask is sealing well then the difference in consumption between NP and PP wouldn't be that much, a PP LDV only maintains a PP over ambient of just 3.9mbar inside the mask, which btw helps with exhalation since this pressure also pushes against the exhalation valve which opens at 4.2mbar.

A big leak in a NP system will simply make the LDV to not open (there won't be enough pressure differential). In fact that's how SCUBA Ambient Breathing Valves work, they intentionally open a leak in the mask to breath air from the external ambient, but this won't happen accidentally anyway. @ertn used an Ambient Breathing Valve to breath air with the mask on before closing it and start breathing the Nitrogen.

That analyzer doesn't have an inlet to pump gas into, so you would have to put it inside a bag a fill it with your gas.
So I can just leave the LDV in a bag with the analyser or would that not work?

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Do I still set it for 15lpm?
Yes
The hose is about the diameter of my pinky. Is that a problem if I am using the traditional exit bag? If so, what should I do?
Rubber hoses are heavy and they're for heavy duty application and not suitable for plastic bags.
1- Oxygen tube
2-PVC clear vinyl tube
3-Polyurethane air hose(the lightest air hose in the market)
71HKQibKZAL AC SX679
176241 20230808 095246
IMG 20230813 021032 069
20230813 022400
IMG 20230813 021028 610
The size of the hose barb I chose for you is 1/4(6mm),so you need a tube/hose with 1/4 inch(6mm) ID (inner diameter),(1/4 inch oxygen tube or 1/4 inch PVC clear vinyl tube or 1/4 inch Polyurethane air hose).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ClownWorld2023 and puffnstuff
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
Well that must be the reason I'm alive today then, the helium potency. I will try and get nitrogen but I have no idea where I'd get it from. Maybe just a quick Google?

W

wanttosleep

Aug 8, 2023
Well that must be the reason I'm alive today then, the helium potency. I will try and get nitrogen but I have no idea where I'd get it from. Maybe just a quick Google?
There is a source in the ppeh available in the resources sticky thread. Its a nationwide chain deals in tools. Haven't bought mine yet, working up the courage to get it so no idea how tough it is to get or if they are gonna question it.

Reactions: sensation86
B

bored2death

Aug 9, 2023
i have a couple questions about this method. i'm having trouble finding/using a search function so i'll post them here. i apologize if they've been asked and answered before

1. is argon as suitable as nitrogen?
2. wouldn't a scuba regulator serve perfectly well as an alternative to the flow regulators, etc?

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
2. wouldn't a scuba regulator serve perfectly well as an alternative to the flow regulators, etc?
In combination with a scuba mask, yes. You can also consider SCBA. Try to post some more reactions in for example the forum games. The search function will be unlocked after a certain amount of posts. It makes it easier to search trough this thread.

Reactions: bored2death
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
1. is argon as suitable as nitrogen?
Argon is perfectly viable. Few people in this forum have CTB'd with argon, though try to get nitrogen or helium if you can coz argon is a heavier gas which may not work the best wih an exit bag setup

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I constructed my exit bag from a turkey cooking bag. Easy to make. Tried it on and with the elastic cord it appears to fit well and is roomy. It does not bunch up near my mouth or nose. The tubing I have is clear flexible plastic. Advice here states to put the tube in so as to be at my back. My question is how far up in the bag should the end be placed? I know I've seen a photo somewhere that had it taped inside the bag with the end up high which would end up being above the top of my head once inflated. Is this correct? Or does it not matter? My concern is nitrogen, oxygen and carbon monoxide have different densities or weight. Want to make sure the nitrogen is at the top and pushing out the oxygen and carbon monoxide. Any advice or a diagram would be helpful.
I don't think this matters. I did it like this:

Btest

If you turn the gas down the bag will go from fully inflated to flat very fast, that's why you can't do a safe blackout test.
I think this proves that the CO2 purging works.
My exit oven bag ruffles above the elastic band. There is a possibility of entry of more O2. What are your opinions? Thank you.
You could measure you head and try to find smaller bags. In the end I went for a different type of bag with the
recommended micron from the ppeh. They look similiar to the ones in the doing it with chi video.

Reactions: KevG and ztem
E

Eleanor

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all,

I'm hoping you guys could help me with this. I'm looking for a helium tank for the inert gas method. Would this one be okay? I would buy two of them, as described in the book Dignified Dying. They are readily available in my country so that's not an issue:

Size tank: 13 liters
Quality: 99.99% pure helium
Amount of helium: 0.40m3 gas / 512.9 liters helium
Weight: 4.24 kilograms
Size: 25 x 25 x 38cm

I'd be using the exit bag. If I buy around 800-1000 liters helium, would that be enough? I'm a little confused because the book says you need two tanks of 420 liters and this tank should be 23 liters, but if I look for a tank containing 420 liters it is only 13,3 or so liters. Your help would be much appreciated, as I would rather have too much helium than not enough! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
B

bored2death

Aug 9, 2023
J

JMarley

-
Jun 16, 2023
if it matters, the linked pdf shows pictures of the deceased. took me by surprise, but it isn't anything too upsetting

very comforting to know butane works in addition to the other gases

The interesting thing is that he only wore a nose mask, while his mouth was completely free.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Can you help me assemble all the parts I've bought and tell me whether you have to use higher flow rate with a eebd hood?
Please chat with me privately as well as I'm in great pain and I need help with this method. I've read the peaceful pill but I still have problems

Last edited:
J

JC96178235

Aug 26, 2022
Anyone know how long you're supposed to hyperventilate before?

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
Have you heard that? The outlet pressure of the pressure reducer rises, not falls, when the bottle pressure sinks. This would be good.

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Anyone know how long you're supposed to hyperventilate before?
PPeH describes the exit bag method and says the following about it:
To minimise the chance of experiencing panic and air hunger, it is recommended that before pulling down the bag, one spends a short time (1-2 mins) hyperventilating (ie. deeply inhaling and exhaling air into the lungs at an increased frequency).
Which inert gas method are you considering?

A

Anonymous2998691

Aug 14, 2023
Hi, I am looking for a Nitrogen regulator, but they only measure PSI (Lbs per square inch) and kPa (Kilopascal), not Lpn (liters per minute). Which is the measurement I need to use to regulate the Nitrogen, where can I find a regulator that uses Lpm? Am I missing something?

Reactions: On quest