• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dm1444

dm1444

Aug 3, 2023
Hey, everybody. So, I bought a bus ticket.My method is nitrogen. I plan to do it in the forest, in a tent. Do I have to be sitting or lying down is also possible?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Hey, everybody. So, I bought a bus ticket.My method is nitrogen. I plan to do it in the forest, in a tent. Do I have to be sitting or lying down is also possible?
Exit bag / Hood or SCUBA/SCBA ?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I forgot to add, I'm using is a turkey roasting bag
It has been done with laying flat on a surface but you should consider sitting upright. You could probably skip the tent and strap yourself
to a tree so you body is fixated when you loose consciousness.

• Informative
Reactions: NoFutureAnymore
dm1444

dm1444

Aug 3, 2023
It has been done with laying flat on a surface but you should consider sitting upright. You could probably skip the tent and strap yourself
to a tree so you body is fixated when you loose consciousness.
That's a good idea, but what's wrong with the lying down position?

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
A big welding vendor writes at his homepage: "6 mm nozzle, at the largest point diameter 8,8mm, for use with hoses with 6mm diameter."
8,8mm! This is much!
Ear clamps which are tightened with pincers will take out the slack. Also, depending on if one uses gas hose or PVC you can soften it with some gentle heat....be sure to slip the clamp over the hose first

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
Exit bag test: I tested an exit bag for 2 days, without gas. (Self-made turkey oven bag). Now it's broken - it has a hole. Is this normal? What are your experiences with the durability of oven bags?

Last edited:
KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
Exit bag test: I tested an exit bag for 2 days, without gas. (Self-made turkey oven bag). Now it's broken - it has a hole. Is this normal? What are your experiences with the durability of oven bags?
Idk depends what you were doing? Just flatten the air out of it when it's over your head. There's a video that was posted on the megathread on how to make the exit bag properly. I heard you can buy one online already made.

dm1444

dm1444

Aug 3, 2023
Greetings, everyone. With all the gas checks and adjustments there is this much left.
is it enough for success? 5L cylinder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230808-124100.png
    Screenshot_20230808-124100.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Tried mine several times but they did not rupture in any form. However I didn't like the sound they made when folding so I ended
up buying more study ones. 50 micron I think. Those bags survived my facepalm while doing my blackout test 😂

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Greetings, everyone. With all the gas checks and adjustments there is this much left.
PPeH recommends to buy a bottle 2L * 200bar = 400L.
You have left 5L * 115bar = 575L. So that's more then they recommend. I am personally planning to use an almost full 5L bottle, so I am going to get it refilled after testing.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
I see you use a flow meter for Argon. Do you adjust the settings for nitrogen?

Reactions: NoFutureAnymore
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Does it come with a flow regulator or do you buy it separately?
You should be able to connect an oxygen sensor like this: inert gas bottle -> adapter for SCBA or SCUBA -> flow restrictor -> oxygen tube -> oxygen sensor. That's my plan at least, I'm still waiting for the flow restrictor and oxygen sensor. So I didn't verify it yet.

J

JC96178235

Aug 26, 2022
Oh okay seems complicated might just go with an oxygen analyser in a bag

J

JC96178235

Aug 26, 2022
Can you dm me where to buy a flow restrictor?
In that case you probably need the adapter anyways (see setup of @GasMonkey). So the only things you need extra is the flow restrictor and oxygen tube.

-edit- updated url
I'm confused didn't Vizzy just put a analyser in his hood, could I not just leave the LDV in a bag with a analyser?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
You should be able to connect an oxygen sensor like this: inert gas bottle -> adapter for SCBA or SCUBA -> flow restrictor -> oxygen tube -> oxygen sensor. That's my plan at least, I'm still waiting for the flow restrictor and oxygen sensor. So I didn't verify it yet.
Did you get the air-to-nitrogen adapter? the DIN300 version went out of stock and they are not restocking it for some reason.

Can you dm me where to buy a flow restrictor?
You can easy find it by searching DIN300 flow restrictor.

could I not just leave the LDV in a bag with a analyser?
Any way that exposes the sensor to the gas in the cylinder while displacing the oxygen would work.

Reactions: JC96178235
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
Did you get the air-to-nitrogen adapter? the DIN300 version went out of stock and they are not restocking it for some reason.
I ordered and received the DIN200 version since this was on stock. I tend to go for SCUBA since it seems to be quite problematic to gather all materials for SCBA. Did you ask them if they will restock the DIN300 version? It would be really problematic for the SCBA setup. I also didn't see other sources selling these adapters. Soon I will have everything to test the purity of the gas and then I will decide how to proceed.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Reactions: dm1444
L

lolalilu

Jun 29, 2023
Hi, Signal 2023 08 10 002854
this is a photo of the regulator I have. Can anyone tell me, how to set it correctly?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
The red circle on the flow gauge measures the flow rate (LPM). Using an ExitBag that must be set at 15 LPM at least. With Argon I would use a higher flow rate since it's a heavy gas. Why did you get Argon instead of Nitrogen? For what gas is that regulator calibrated?

L

lolalilu

Jun 29, 2023
And...sorry for sure things have been answered already many times. I just have no brain to read through it all...

I have this hose. It all came in one package (gas, regulator, hose).

But how to connect the hose with the regulator? Only to plug it in wont make it I think.. There is only one metal clip in the package. But will this be tight then? Or do I need to go and look for a connecting screw? Signal 2023 08 10 012142 Signal 2023 08 10 013035 Signal 2023 08 10 012153
The red circle on the flow gauge measures the flow rate (LPM). Using an ExitBag that must be set at 15 LPM at least. With Argon I would use a higher flow rate since it's a heavy gas. Why did you get Argon instead of Nitrogen? For what gas is that regulator calibrated?
Cause I was not informed when I bought it...I think now I would prefer Nitrogen... but now I have got Argon ^^
Its all came in one package. On the gas cylinder it says 150 bar. So I think thats the maximum speed.

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
That tube is too big, you have to use Oxygen tubing or PVC tubing.
Didn't you read the PPeH? 🤔

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I apologize if this has been asked/ answered before. This may also not be the right place to ask this so please tell me if I am out of place. I am new here, but I have done lots of research as well as lots of scrolling through this site. I intended to use nitrogen as my method. I have bought the regulator, tubing, and tomorrow I am getting the nitrogen. I really don't like the idea of having a bag around my head (I'll chalk it up to my mild claustrophobia) so I was really leaning towards a mask. If anyone has seen Jerry Hunt's website, he uses a plain old dust mask with a shellac sprayed inside to "block outside air from coming in", in his words. I've used those masks before while working and while they do fit well, they are not complexity air tight. He cuts a hole in this mask, slips a tube inside, and attaches it to a cylinder of helium. That's it. And he was successful. I see many people using scuba masks/ cpap masks, and while those are obviously pretty reliable and predictable, even those feel a bit too bulky and constricting for me. Anyway, I was really just wondering if a simple non rebreather mask (one you would buy on an Amazon) could work. I have one that I ordered and forms a good tight seal on my face. There is a tiny but of open space where it sits on my chin (I have a relatively small head so that's understandable) but it's not enough for me to fit a finger or even a pencil. I know that for the exit bag method it's important to leave a little space so that carbon dioxide can escape. Obviously that means that the bag is not creating a complexity airtight seal. Here's my confusion: If an exit bag is the "ideal" set up for the inert gas method, and it is not completely air tight by design, then what difference would it make if a mask was not completely air tight. I'm sorry for the long drawn out way of phrasing this question. I was trying to make it as clear as possible so that no one would misinterpret what I am asking, but I hoesnlty seem to have made a mess of the whole thing. If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it. I am terrified of a failed attempt.