• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
In practical terms the difference is:
▪ NP: At inhalation the pressure inside the mask is lower than ambient, at exhalation is higher than ambient.
▪ PP: The pressure inside the mask is always higher than ambient.​

Reactions: ztem and Das Nichts
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
With the ready-made couplings @GasMonkey posted this should be a no-brainier.
Hi Das Nights. Agreed, however I just ended up cutting the end male coupling off & used a brass double-end joiner & ear clamps.
The hose that comes with the hood has an oddball outside dimension but you just buy a suitable clamp for it.

Reactions: Das Nichts
T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I have to start figuring out how to get a nitrogen or argon bottle. At first, I planned to buy a balloon helium tank, which according to the store in question contains 99% helium and not 80% helium and 20% air. I did this because I want to be sure that this works...

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I have to start figuring out how to get a nitrogen or argon bottle. At first, I planned to buy a balloon helium tank, which according to the store in question contains 99% helium and not 80% helium and 20% air. I did this because I want to be sure that this works...
Are you going with exit bag ?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I'm not sure yet. EEBD Hood would seem good and reasonably priced
eebd seems very nice. Research if the needed couplings are available to you before you buy something.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
Is a 6mm nozzle suitable for a 6mm PVC hose or must the hose be bigger?
It doesn't almost go over it. Only by force. Does it rip under flowing gas pressure?

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_101350.jpg
    IMG_20230802_101350.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Is a 6mm nozzle suitable for a 6mm PVC Hose or must the hose be bigger?
It doesn't almost go over it.
My reg came with the perfect nozzle for the oxygen tubing from amz0ng, unfortunately I broke it during my blackout-tests.
I searched for a replacement at gd shop and I *think* 4mm should do the trick.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
Thank you for info. i work at the moment with a 6 mm hose. I thought it is usual, that the hose and the nozzle have the same diameter? I mean, if I have a 6mm nozzle, I buy a 6mm hose or is this wrong?

Last edited:
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Thank you for info. i work at the moment with a 6 mm hose. I thought it is usual, that the hose and the nozzle have the same diameter?
PVC tubing inner diameter is 6mm iirc, so the diameter of the nozzle must be smaller so make comfortably fit.
The one that was included with reg looked like this one, I just haven't confirmed with the seller if it's the exact one.

2023 08 02 11 00 32

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
A big welding vendor writes at his homepage: "6 mm nozzle, at the largest point diameter 8,8mm, for use with hoses with 6mm diameter."
8,8mm! This is much!

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
A big welding vendor writes at his homepage: "6 mm nozzle, at the largest point diameter 8,8mm, for use with hoses with 6mm diameter."
8,8mm! This is much!
Yeah well, the nozzle you posted looks the same I got as replacement for my broken one and that one does not fit as nicely.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
A 6mm nozzle for pressure reducers and a 6mm t-connector. The t-connector is much smaller and fits easily on the 6mm tube, but comes with hose clamps. It would not hold alone.

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_121229.jpg
    IMG_20230802_121229.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
A 6mm nozzle for pressure reducers and a 6mm t-connector. The t-connector is much smaller and fits easily on the 6mm tube, but comes with hose clamps. It would not hold alone.
What is the largest diameter on the t-connector ?

L

lolalilu

Jun 29, 2023
Hii,
sorry, I think the question was answered for sure before. Also at the beginning in the instruction things are explained. I also read the Chapter in Peaceful Pill. Still just can't make it out. My English is also not so good.

I want to use inert gas method.
I already have got a argon gas cylinder (8l, 150 bar), a regulator and a hose (picture).

Only thing missing: The Exit Bag.
I would like to use the simple method. A plastic bag. There is so much discussion about other kinds of bags here. But the plastic bag still works, right?

I do not understand how it works in detail.

I will buy an plastik bag (i already read it should be 50Micro / 200Gauche, and 35 x 50 cm). And some elastric chord.

1) So i will put the elastric chord around the plastic bag. (Maybe Ill use the ScaffoldKnot, so I can tighten it easily later on.)
-->But how to make sure, that the plastic bag does not slip out when it is inflated? (So when I imagine, the bag just flys up and the chord stays around my neck without it).
2) Then I put in the end of the hose.
-->But how to make sure that it does not slip out?
3) Then put the bag on top of my head, like a swimming cap. I let the gas flow, 15l / min. I start to hyperventilate for 1-2 min.
4) When the bag is bloatet up, I exhale deeply. Then I pull it over my head and tighten the elastric chord.
I can't imagine that the construction is completely airtight...but I read it shouldn't be completly airtight, right? Why?

Many detail questions. I'm glad for answers.

Attachments

• signal-2023-08-02-184441.jpeg
    signal-2023-08-02-184441.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 0
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
1) So i will put the elastric chord around the plastic bag. (Maybe Ill use the ScaffoldKnot, so I can tighten it easily later on.)
-->But how to make sure, that the plastic bag does not slip out when it is inflated? (So when I imagine, the bag just flys up and the chord stays around my neck without it).

The bag is not gonna fly up slip out if theres a drawstring or elastic chord in the neck area
2) Then I put in the end of the hose.
-->But how to make sure that it does not slip out?
Microtape the hose on the inside of the bag. The PPH and PPeH show you how to do this
4) When the bag is bloatet up, I exhale deeply. Then I pull it over my head and tighten the elastric chord.
I can't imagine that the construction is completely airtight...but I read it shouldn't be completly airtight, right? Why?
You need a slight gap (about 2 fingers is what the PPH says) to allow for CO2 purging.

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
The only thing I would differently: insert the cord *before* you tape it over. Otherwise it will take a long
time to stuff the elastic cord from on side to the other with basically no grip.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I am from Finland. And I have planned this method in the future. What type of regulator is suitable for European bottles? Everything still seems a bit confusing.

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
How would you carry around the N2 tank? Seems very dangerous and that a special cart is needed?

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
How would you carry around the N2 tank? Seems very dangerous and that a special cart is needed?

No it's not dangerous. And yes, you probably need a cart otherwise you will need to be able to lift 17kg yourself.
I am from Finland. And I have planned this method in the future. What type of regulator is suitable for European bottles? Everything still seems a bit confusing.
Depends on type of inert gas and the threading. Do your cylinders have W24.32 threading ?

P

pando12718

Aug 1, 2023
Is 95% helium purity good enough? came across a helium canister with that much percentage. He ± 95.00%

Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
From researching online it seems any small drop can result in the tank flying about like a missile. What makes you say it isn't dangerous?
If you let it drop on the cylinder head or hit it with a hammer, sure. If you handle it with some common sense it's not dangerous at all.
Is 95% helium purity good enough? came across a helium canister with that much percentage. He ± 95.00%
It must be at least 99,8%. Read through the inert gas chapter of the pph/ppeh.

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
From researching online it seems any small drop can result in the tank flying about like a missile. What makes you say it isn't dangerous?
I bought a 5L 200bar cylinder with an handle attached to it. It weights around 6kg which is way lighter compared to the bottles in your video. So I kept it firmly in my hand, took it to the car, wrapped it in blanket and strapped it with 3 straps in the trunk of the car. I would recommend to buy a 5L bottle and refill it when empty.

Last edited:
P

pando12718

Aug 1, 2023
If you let it drop on the cylinder head or hit it with a hammer, sure. If you handle it with some common sense it's not dangerous at all.

It must be at least 99,8%. Read through the inert gas chapter of the pph/ppeh.
Got it, alright. thank you

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
is there a creative solution to safely store the cylinder in the house? other than drilling some holders in the wall and strapping it?

Maybe in the corner blocked by a chair with some weights?

Last edited:
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
is there a creative solution to safely store the cylinder in the house? other than drilling some holders in the wall and strapping it?

Maybe in the corner blocked by a chair with some weights?
No need to strap or drill anything, nitrogen can be stored lying down. Just put it in a cardboard box or something