• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Any thoughts on this EEBD hood?
Quite a few of us here including me have the EEBD hood. Its very good. @outrider567 has done multiple tests with it & can confirm that it works. Its better than an exit bag cuz its has an exhalation valve & is much sturdier (though exit bag is also viable). Theres a source on Alibaba who selles the hood for only $20 USD without the cylinder but the connection if different so youll have to modify it to that of your regulator

M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
The R2D ReBreather lll
$250 for the device + $45 for S/H

$40 for Nitrogen cartridges (Amazon)

It's a LOT cheaper than "a short stay in Switzerland."

Debreather looks like a great solution, IF? they ship to Europe I wonder if customs would be a problem?

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
Quite a few of us here including me have the EEBD hood. Its very good. @outrider567 has done multiple tests with it & can confirm that it works. Its better than an exit bag cuz its has an exhalation valve & is much sturdier (though exit bag is also viable). Theres a source on Alibaba who selles the hood for only $20 USD without the cylinder but the connection if different so youll have to modify it to that of your regulator
So a couple of questions about that.

Is there a specific source you recommend? (@outrider567 )

I see conflicting information in my research. Some say you breathe through a filter to remove toxins, and others say you connect it to compressed air.

So how does it work?

For example in the one I posted: https://www.thefzsafety.com/product/eebdhood/

What I don't get is, for the exhalation valve to work, the area around mouth and nose needs to be sealed, but if that's the case, how does inhalation work?

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023

I see conflicting information in my research. Some say you breathe through a filter to remove toxins, and others say you connect it to compressed air.

So how does it work?

What I don't get is, for the exhalation valve to work, the area around mouth and nose needs to be sealed, but if that's the case, how does inhalation work?
The face mask inside the hood is connected to a blue hose & has an exhalation valve. When cylinder is on, the blue hose supplies gas inside the hood into the nose/mouth region (inhalation) & anytime you exhale, co2 will automatically flush out trhough the one way exhalation valve.

Reactions: outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022

So how does it work?

I think GasMonkey is more qualfied to answer your good questions than I am--All I know is my oxygen plunged from 98 to 54 after just a few breaths(5 second to 10 second delay)when I did my tests many months ago--and this was just at 15 LPM, not 25 LPM that Das Nichts did(and he passed out)--When I saw my oxygen drop to 80, I took the hood off immediately, and it continued to drop to 54 before rebounding quickly, I felt no ill effects(as some have said, I don't think you pass out until Oxygen level hits 25)

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
So how does it work?
The EEBD hood is used for escaping from an IDLH atmosphere. In a real situation that model is used at ~35 LPM of air.​

for the exhalation valve to work, the area around mouth and nose needs to be sealed
The mask is adjusted in the face by the tight fit of the head inside the hood.​
EEBD hood guy

But probably the positive pressure that the flow creates also opens the purging valve by itself. In fact there is a model by a very well known manufacturer that works like this and doesn't use an inner mask, like an ExitBag that purges thru a 1-way valve instead of thru a gap in the neck.​
Hood 1 Hood 2

how does inhalation work?
The inner mask has 2 valves (1 on each side) that open on inhalation, the inner volume of the hood acts as a reservoir bag, like an hybrid between a Non-ReBreather mask and an ExitBag.​

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Send cats.
Jul 8, 2023
That was the hood used by Vizzy, bennydiazapine and many others that we don't know (coz that was the hood on the escMode EEBD kit).​
Did Vizzy end up CTB with this method? I am sorry to ask, as I know the information is out there, but I have gone through his "Goodbye" thread and I was confused as to which method he ended up actually using. After reading his posts, it looks like he ended up CTB with SN. As someone who was very very interested in Inert Gas asphyxiation, it was pretty concerning to see that Vizzy ended up opting for SN instead - he had such a good looking set up, and I would probably use a lot of his information for my own set up - it's expensive, so to see him use something else instead after all his prep, it just makes me wonder why? He has so many posts to sort through, and I know you're an OG that probably just knows what happened so I figured I'd ask you. From my perspective, it just looks like he set all this crazy stuff up, educated others on how to do it.... and then randomly is like "ok now I'm taking my SN" and that confused me...

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Did Vizzy end up CTB with this method?
His death was covered by several thai newspapers and there are photos of him death with the hood on his head and all the Nitrogen setup there, so looks like the died from Nitrogen. Maybe he vomited like it usually happens with SN and went to the Nitrogen.​

it's expensive
That hood isn't that expensive coz you can ask the supplier to buy it alone (without the air cylinder), @k1w1 bought it for $70 (shipping included). The thai Argon/CO₂ regulator that Vizzy used costs $12 there. xd​

Last edited:
Reactions: Couldydays
E

escapeplan12

Jun 12, 2023
Anyone from the UK completed a setup that can provide advice/links please?

I have a nitrogen cylinder already and I've been talking with GasMonkey for understanding of the setups (thanks) and the scba setup is my fallback, very expensive. First I'm trying to get a regulator for bs341 no3 cylinder connect and a hood setup as it will be a lot cheaper.

So are there any UK folks who have got their ctb ready?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
More info on US SCBAs.
US SCBA connections
All the 2216 psi SCBAs are compatible with the air-to-nitrogen adapter that exists for CGA (CGA-346 to CGA-580).
There is no air-to-nitrogen adapter for CGA-347 afaik.

Reactions: Escape Artist
limaneta

limaneta

Jul 4, 2023
I bought this one which goes straight to the cylinder no need for a regulator--TYPE 50

STRAIGHT TO CYL TYPE 50 oops caps
Wanted to let you know that I eventually got it and it works and fits perfect. Thanks!

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Killing yourself to live.
Dec 10, 2020
How to fix your hands, if you are not sitting on a chair but on a bed with pillows? Thank you.

R

Readytogohome

May 25, 2023
In the US, aiming for a nitrogen tank, will this regulator work if it says Oxygen and has a click flowmeter that only goes to 15? The Chinese company's listing had said Nitrogen, 0-25L. Then they sent this one instead. 😕 IMG 4603

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
That bullnose looks like a Nitrogen (CGA-580) connector.
Doesn't look like an Oxygen (CGA-540) connector which is female instead of male.

Reactions: Readytogohome
R

Readytogohome

May 25, 2023
That bullnose looks like a Nitrogen (CGA-580) connector.
Doesn't look like an Oxygen (CGA-540) connector which is female instead of male.
Ok good, thank you! But does it matter that the flow meter only goes to 15? I think TiredHorse said it's safer when the flow you want is not at the extreme end of the flow meter's range. He thought the 15 should be roughly in the middle of the range, like if the range was 0-25 or 0-30. I'm just concerned that 15 is as high as it can go, crossing my fingers that it's calibrated correctly.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Ok good, thank you! But does it matter that the flow meter only goes to 15? I think TiredHorse said it's safer when the flow you want is not at the extreme end of the flow meter's range. He thought the 15 should be roughly in the middle of the range, like if the range was 0-25 or 0-30. I'm just concerned that 15 is as high as it can go, crossing my fingers that it's calibrated correctly.
15L/min is plenty for Exit Bags & EEBD Hoods. My only issue with it is that it says oxygen even though it looks to have a CGA-580 inlet connection

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
Do you think this gas analyzer is suitable for our nitrogen testing?

Attachments

• Tester.jpg
    Tester.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
And how to use it? Put it in a bag fullfilled with nitrogen? Thank you for info.

Mare Imbrium

Mare Imbrium

Dec 10, 2020
My problem is, I need it very very fast. And the analyzer I mentioned is on stock at Germany warehouse. Do you think I can use it? (or is it senseless).

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
If it doesn't have an inlet you will have to fill a bag yeah. As small as possible to reduce the amount of necessary gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
So amateur welders can only get inert gas cylinders at AirGas?
Getting an empty cylinder isn't really an issue, it's getting an empty cylinder you own filled. Local welding/brewing suppliers seemed to have stopped doing it for new customers at some point in the past, though they'll do it for if you're already registered as a customer from before (not sure when this happened). If I really want my own cylinder filled, I was told I'd have to go to a different AirGas branch (located in the industrial sector of town), pay for them to check certification, and wait anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for them to ship it to a fill facility, receive it back, and have me pick it up. Easiest and cheapest way is to just pay $140-160(?) for a used cylinder pre-filled at a local branch.