• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
Didn't realize local gas suppliers aren't willing to fill up a brand new tank you bought and brought in - they'll only trade you a banged up, used, re-filled tank in exchange for the brand new one you brought with you. Not to mention that if your tank came with ISO instead of DOT certifications, they won't even fill it for you. Gonna have to return this tank and just try to buy/rent one from a local supplier...

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Didn't realize local gas suppliers aren't willing to fill up a brand new tank you bought and brought in - they'll only trade you a banged up, used, re-filled tank in exchange for the brand new one you brought with you. Not to mention that if your tank came with ISO instead of DOT certifications, they won't even fill it for you. Gonna have to return this tank and just try to buy/rent one from a local supplier...
Yeah Canada is also similar in this regard. Not all welding suppliers fill customer own cylinders. Some only exchange, some do both. You must call/email ahead of time and ask if they fill you cylinders (make sure to give them details - stamp/certifications, hydrotest date, etc). If you have home-brew suppliers near you, they might be able to help you out.

P.S. some welding suppliers only carry 95-99% purity Nitrogen. While this may be sufficient, try to go for higher purities (>=99.8%)

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Yeah Canada is also similar in this regard. Not all welding suppliers fill customer own cylinders. Some only exchange, some do both. You must call/email ahead of time and ask if they fill you cylinders (make sure to give them details - stamp/certifications, hydrotest date, etc). If you have home-brew suppliers near you, they might be able to help you out.

P.S. some welding suppliers only carry 95-99% purity Nitrogen. While this may be sufficient, try to go for higher purities (>=99.8%)
Yes, Greenberg stated even 95% Nitrogen will work just fine--The Welding Co I talked to stated by law, they can't sell filled Nitrogen tanks with less than 99.0 per cent purity Nitrogen

Reactions: anonaon
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
When I checked about refilling they sent me a quote, one of the positions was rechecking an bran new cylinder for certification.
The price for this was higher than the gas filling.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
How much was EM's profit~ from selling each kit(SCBA and EEBD)?
What was the actual cost of each kit for EM?
Likely very healthy. 500% ?? All are available cheaply from internet sites as components. Mind you, I'll give it to the guy for finding a niche in the marketplace. I have to say this : I wondered if he wished he'd saved one back in case of a life stretch. Not sure what charges he may pull for his work in Canada but he'll be eating porridge for some time maybe.

• Yay!
Reactions: ztem
Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
My god this is turning out to be an absolute pain in the ass. Spent the entire day calling every welding and brewing shop, chain or local. Aside from AirGas, all of the other places no longer do business with individuals, only licensed businesses.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
My god this is turning out to be an absolute pain in the ass. Spent the entire day calling every welding and brewing shop, chain or local. Aside from AirGas, all of the other places no longer do business with individuals, only licensed businesses.
Where are you from? Maybe you can buy a cylinder online

Reactions: k1w1
Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
Where are you from? Maybe you can buy a cylinder online
US. I guess I could purchase an unncessarily large 125 cu/ft cylinder that's already filled, which weighs 70 pounds (31 kg)...

P

puffnstuff

Jul 3, 2023
Will this regulator work with this tank?

Nitrogen (N2) 550 Liter Cylinder 99.999% Pure
550 Liter Cylinder (E)
Contents: 550 liters (19.5 cu. ft.)
Pressure: 2200 PSIG
Outlet: CGA 580
Weight: 12.9 lbs.
Dimensions: 4 1â"6" x 20 1â"2"
D.O.T. Specs: E8990 NRC
Disposable tank

Regulator

CGA580 Argon CO2 Regulators, Argon Gauges Gas Welding Regulator Compatible with Mig Tig Miller Lincoln Weld 0-4500PSI / 0-10BAR - CO2 Argon Regulator with 6.6Ft Hose

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Will this regulator work
Yep, it has a flow gauge so you can set the flow rate, but if you are in a CGA-580 region it would be better to get a click-style regulator like these ones:
174379 Alibaba reg 1 171131 30 CFH

Contents: 550 liters (19.5 cu. ft.)
At 15 LPM that's 36 minutes, is enough.

Aside from AirGas, all of the other places no longer do business with individuals, only licensed businesses.
So amateur welders can only get inert gas cylinders at AirGas?

I guess I could purchase an unncessarily large 125 cu/ft cylinder that's already filled, which weighs 70 pounds (31 kg)...
@outrider567 and @shadowfinal311 have that cylinder.

Last edited:
N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
I want to start with thanking everyone who contributed to this megathread, especially @GasMonkey . It contains a lot of useful information and gives me confidence in the inert gas method. I am not planning to ctb at the moment but I like to have options in life in case things go down even more. So I want to build and test a SCBA or SCUBA (PP) setup. Preferable this one from GasMonkey since EM isn't available anymore. I will decide on SCBA or SCUBA later depending on the availability.

But first I want to buy a gas cylinder in physical store and not online. The postal service is currently unreliable, and I prefer not to have the package delivered to the neighbors. They are already suspicious since they know what terrible things happened to me. Or is the content of the package from the source in PPeH unidentifiable? Does anybody have experience with buying nitrogen in a (welding) store in The Netherlands? I know it's not allowed to name sources so I will use code names. I am currently looking into "SG". I would appreciate a PM very much since I can't find any experiences in buying Nitrogen in The Netherlands.

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
looking into "SG"
I don't know any "SG" source of Nitrogen cylinders. The source recommended in the PPH Essentials for EU (GD, from Germany) is extremely good and they are shipping cylinders abroad again (in the past they stopped doing it for some reason).​

is the content of the package from the source in PPeH unidentifiable?
The last cylinder I bought from them had this sticker in the box:
2261195-non-flammable-gas-symbol-sign-isolate-on-white-background-vector-illustration-eps-10-gratis-vetor.jpg

A previous cylinder that I bought from Amazon didn't have any sticker tho.

N

NoFutureAnymore

Student
Jul 4, 2023
I don't know any "SG" source of Nitrogen cylinders.
It's an exchange system with multiple exchange points throughout The Netherlands. You pay a onetime fee to get into the system and some money for exchanging a cylinder to a full one. But I can't find much information about quality of the gas and how easy it is for a private person to get a cylinder there. But it would be good if it's possible to refill them after testing or when they are empty for other reasons. I'll send you a pm with the name.

The last cylinder I bought from them had this sticker in the box:
Yeah that's what I am afraid of. Packages are delivered to the neighbors when you aren't home. This sticker in combination with the name of the sender could raise suspicion at my neighbor. He is smart and knows the situation...

Last edited:
FailerQt.

FailerQt.

Crazy bish
Mar 17, 2023
Hello, I am finally at a point when I'll be able to start collecting needed stuff for this method. I just want to double check since it's not the cheapest one. Is this the correct thing I need to see flow?
Technical parameters: (I'll just copy paste what the site says, translated into english obviously)
"Bottle reducing valve for nitrogen. The valve is equipped with an inlet pressure gauge (for cylinder pressure) and an outlet float flowmeter (for gas flow in l/min).
Inlet pressure 200 bar
Flow rate 3 - 30 l/min
Connection inlet W 24.32 x 1/14"
Connection output G 1/4""
wm-main.jpg

I apologise if this was asked here before, but there are way too many pages at this point and as I said I'll rather double or even triple check as this alone costs 200€.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice ^^

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Connection output G 1/4"
Since your flowmeter does not have a hose barb,you must buy it separately.
Make sure you buy female stainless steel or brass 1/4 G thread(BSPP) straight hose barb for your flowmeter Outlet.

Don't buy NPT hose barb because male and female NPT hose barbs are for American regulators/flowmeters(CGA regulators/flowmeters), Your regulator/flowmeter is European(DIN standard),therefore,the outlet of your regulator has a G(BSPP) thread.

A hose barb has two sides,the barbed side and the thread(male or female thread) side(the thread side has different standards such as NPT for US and Canada,BSPP(also called G thread)and BSPT for Europe.

The size of the barbed side depends on the ID size (inner diameter size)of the hose you want to use( for example Vizzy used 1/4 hose(6.3 mm ID size and 13.5mm OD size)) and the size of the thread side depends on the OD size(outside diameter size)of your regulator/flowmeter male outlet thread(your flowmeter is G 1/4 as you said)

Also 2 hose barbs(1 male and 1 female)+teflon tape+ 2 hose clamps or 2 air hose ferrules are used to connect two hoses together(Like Vizzy did).

The flowmeter that GasMonkey suggested has a hose barb,so you don't need to worry about buying the right size hose barb but you should worry about buying a hose with the right ID size for the hose barb of that flowmeter

Attachments

• 20230715_134311.png
    20230715_134311.png
    904.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
Is there a place on the open internet or dark web to source a reliable exit bag?

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
Is there a place on the open internet or dark web to source a reliable exit bag?
Even the garbage bag in your home can be a reliable exit bag,a 17 year old kid CTB'd with it

and no, I don't recommend you to be careless about your exit bag,you still have to make a good one, I just showed that people did it with simple stuff and you don't have to worry too much about making your own exit bag

Last edited:
FailerQt.

FailerQt.

Crazy bish
Mar 17, 2023
The flowmeter that GasMonkey suggested has a hose barb,so you don't need to worry about buying the right size hose barb but you should worry about buying a hose with the right ID size for the hose barb of that flowmeter
Thanks for the detailed information. I'll be going for the one GasMonkey mentioned. The only issue is that the source is only in German so I am a bit worried if they'll deliver it to my country.

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
Even the garbage bag in your home can be a reliable exit bag,a 17 year old kid CTB'd with it
I wouldn't say it's reliable, even if it did work. I read many posts here about how to make one and I still can't quite figure it out. I also read more than a few reports on failures due to poorly constructed exit bags, so if there's a reliable ready solution, I'm happy to pay for it

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I wouldn't say it's reliable, even if it did work. I read many posts here about how to make one and I still can't quite figure it out. I also read more than a few reports on failures due to poorly constructed exit bags, so if there's a reliable ready solution, I'm happy to pay for it
I couldn't figure it out either

ztem

ztem

Apr 25, 2023
So:

or

P

puffnstuff

Jul 3, 2023
I couldn't figure it out either
Somewhere in this thread I read about using a turkey roasting bag (they are pretty thick) and an elastic sweat band or hair band for around the neck. It needs to be snug around the neck but not too tight (they say two fingers should fit under, enough for air to flow out) I think that this is the setup I am going to use as the masks and hoods are too complex for me.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I also read more than a few reports on failures due to poorly constructed exit bags
There isn't a single medical report of somebody failing with inert gas, and by failing I mean surviving with permanent damage. I guess you are talking about people who removed the bag before fainting and they call that a "fail".

There is a PDF with instructions to craft an ExitBag linked in the on-line version of the PPeH.​

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
The R2D ReBreather lll
$250 for the device + $45 for S/H

$40 for Nitrogen cartridges (Amazon)

It's a LOT cheaper than "a short stay in Switzerland."

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Somewhere in this thread I read about using a turkey roasting bag (they are pretty thick) and an elastic sweat band or hair band for around the neck. It needs to be snug around the neck but not too tight (they say two fingers should fit under, enough for air to flow out) I think that this is the setup I am going to use as the masks and hoods are too complex for me.
Yeah, that's what I was using, a turkey roasting bag and an elastic sweat band, before I eventually switched to Nitrogen and a hood

Γyuk

Γyuk

May 21, 2022
The R2D ReBreather lll
$250 for the device + $45 for S/H
$40 for Nitrogen cartridges (Amazon)

It's a LOT cheaper than "a short stay in Switzerland."

The website of the company that sells the ReBreather seems to be down or do I have the wrong adress?

I

iamdonewiththis

Jul 14, 2023
@ztem I appreciate the link though that seems even more complicated than the exit bag itself.

There's no where to get a ready made exit bag?