• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I don't know if it's addiction so much as being immersed in a refreshing raw reality that i understand, however grim things can be, there are also instances of humour, some stressful intrigue, and bizarre moments of strong life flare from some really unexpected places. Maybe a fellowship with my neighboring gallows fruit as opposed to suffering/tolerating willfully ignorant manipulators or murder worthy backhanded optimists.

MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
I login 2-3 times everyday for 30mins-1hr. I don't think I'm too addicted I guess.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
No Way GIF

I

iriia

Nov 11, 2021
Although I think Is is my only option I feel very frightened about ctb so being in this place makes me feel i am close to my objetive...I think It is a subterfuge that allows me not to face ctb but feeling that I am in it (procrastinating perhaps)

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't know, I wouldn't say I am addicted. It is just a way to pass the time coming on here. I do not have much else to do. Reading about suicide does give me more confidence that I can eventually go through with it. All I want is to be free from this horrible life.

TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
whaaat? another addiction?!
yeah, I am.
(if u go thru the AA NA SLA Step 1 unmanagibility ::
obsessiveness, time, isolation, secrecy etc I guess it could be... )
Joined initially for research into responsible; effective methods,
then to learn about music, learn about myself.
Maybe share something of myself (not for much longer...) ::
my stupid hardlearned lessons so they wont hav to,
got to meet and friend some amazing people!
(that make a difference to my life, everyday ... and tolerate my deranged humour!)
Am very protective of this forum, and the people seeking answers

its a place to come when I'm lost n lonely, where I won't (mostly) be judged...
and possiblymaybe one day I might be missed...

Last edited:
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
Maybe it's weird but you as a community litterally prolonging my life right now. When I got here I was lonely and emotionally devastated by my life. Now I feel that I belong somewere. People here are so empathetic. I feel strong bond with you and yours expieriences. This forum is very important part of my life now. It's like second home for me.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I would say I am for the last 3 years, just as I'm addicted to YouTube and Reddit. I found this site through Reddit. It's what I check everyday since I don't have IRL friends, and no social circle

Reactions: MeltedJello
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
I dont think im addicted to the site but i like how people get me for once idk..nice talking to people who understand you unlike in outside world

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I tried multiple times but I can never stay away from this site for longer than half a day. Usually I spend about 3 hours a day here but this will probably increase once I am getting closer to ctb.

In part this may be attributed to the like-system but the fact that this is the only place where we can feel companionship and safety is probably the major factor.

What do you think?
No.
It's not an addiction, it's just a space to express.
So be it.

H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Addiction is a strong word... I like it around here. The tone of the site feels right to me. Maybe prone to dramatic world and life views at times but that's fine.

Last edited:
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
When l first joined l was on here almost everyday, but now l only pop in 3/4 times a week for maybe 15/30 minutes a visit then log off until the next time l feel like paying SS a visit!

maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
I have stopped going on Reddit and Instagram as much… 4chan also. Refocusing my energy on this site when I become overwhelmed and anxious by the constant barrage of media and images has helped immensely. I feel like this place isn't perfect but at least it isn't those sites. I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I check this once a day for twenty minutes.

Reactions: GentleJerk
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yes I'm afraid I'm hopelessly addicted to being in a space where I can finally say what I've wanted to say about how harsh life is without being labeled as a nut or worse, a cringey edgelord. I can't help break this addiction. If only there was some kind of rehabilitation program for people addicted to validation and a lack of condescension. I can't believe this "having your feelings heard and respected" stuff is just lying out on the streets free for impressionable young minds to get a hold of! Smh

• Love
Reactions: demuic
I

idiotstillwantstodie

Student
Nov 11, 2021
People are very open and vulnerable here, it's better than watching a soap opera...

This place has some real potential to be a great hunting place for some seriously manipulative narcissist/psychopath abuser. Those people who have been members for years kind of creep me out. Don't look at me, i will CTB in the end of the month unless miracles happen.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I spend entirely too much time on this site but I think my reasons are justifiable, if only to myself. Plus I mainly cruise Recovery/off topic.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think I am. But only partly. In this Empirical Research paper I mentioned they say addiction to suicide forum/internet escapism were only rare. And I think the NYT said addiction to SS would be a real problem. (I think they said it on Twitter.)

For me there are some signs of addiction. But it is rather like a good friendship for me. I would also be very sad to lose a friend with whom I can share my most inner feelings. What I can say for sure. SS does not stop me from being productive. Quite the opposite. I have to deal with a lot of pressure and a lot of cynical bullshit in real life. And this website really helps me to cope. I am pretty sure about that. I tried to quit this website twice and I missed it so much. It helps me so much to cope with this enormous pressure I feel daily. If I had not such a place like this I think the likelihood of becoming manic or severely depressed again would increase a lot. It is really a very important valve for me.(I am very good at self-reflecting and I think I can estimate that correctly.) Especially after my friends told me they are a little bit overwhelmed by my daily crying about the suffering which I have to endure.
Neither my self-help group nor my therapist are as effective. This is really a place where I can go to 24/7 and this is so important. (this was also a point in the Research paper which defended suicide forums.)

To add one thing. Internet/digital escapism is the only thing that really helps. This is my main coping mechanism. I try to distract me from this trap I am in every single day for many hours. I still try to solve my problems (the escapism does not prevent me of doing this. It rather helps and gives me strength.) I have some mechanism how I distract me in the best way. But I noticed I cannot do this 24/7 h. So I face the enemy when I am in this forum. Only ignoring him makes him stronger. It makes my suicidality more bearable when I can talk to other people who also experience severe longterm suicidality.

Last edited: