• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
Hello everyone, do you think alprazolam and champagne would be a good enough combination for CTB.

There was this case a few years ago in India. A lady named Sunanda Pushkar CTB'ed with alprazolam about 27 pills I believe and a glass of champagne. I have heard that this can be a very peaceful way to go. Wonder what you guys think about it. Is this a viable option?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Usually Benzos are not made to OD on. Generally speaking you can OD on almost everything but the risk of failure is also high. I would not recommend to OD on Benzos alone or +Alc., however Benzos are used in many OD methods you find in the PPeH. I would consider one of those instead of Benzos + Alc.

Last edited:
S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Fatal overdose with benzos and alcohol alone is extremely rare. There were something like 4 cases in 15 years in one Australian study I read (out of several thousand cases analysed). ODs (with the exception of the kind discussed in the PPeH) generally have a very low success rate of under 2%. Follow @Praestat_Mori 's advice and read up on the types of OD that are likely to succeed.

E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
Usually Benzos are not made to OD on. Generally speaking you can OD on almost everything but the risk of failure is also high. I would not recommend to OD on Benzos alone or +Alc., however Benzos are used in many OD methods you find in the PPeH. I would consider one of those instead of Benzos + Alc.
Fatal overdose with benzos and alcohol alone is extremely rare. There were something like 4 cases in 15 years in one Australian study I read (out of several thousand cases analysed). ODs (with the exception of the kind discussed in the PPeH) generally have a very low success rate of under 2%.
I must say I am slightly surprised by this.. The opioid megathread lists benzos and alcohol as potentiators. But several reports I read in connection to the Sunanda Pushkar case mentioned that alcohol can be a potentiator for benzos and vice versa..

I also read a user on quora state their brother passed away by taking nearly 7 gm of alprazolam and a 6 pack of beer. I think I also read one or two cases, now that I remember of a lady taking a very small amount of alprax think it was about 2 gm and a whole bottle of alcohol and being able to CTB.. Let me see if I can find any of those old cases again.. I'll post it here if I find anything concrete related to this..

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I must say I am slightly surprised by this.. The opioid megathread lists benzos and alcohol as potentiators. But several reports I read in connection to the Sunanda Pushkar case mentioned that alcohol can be a potentiator for benzos and vice versa..
There seems to be some doubt about the actual cause of death in that case. It's very hard to believe that 27 alprazolam tablets alone or with alcohol would cause death. Wikipedia reports there were multiple drugs in her system but doesn't name them: "The autopsy indicated that she died of drug overdose, most likely a combination of sedatives, other strong medicines and probably alcohol."
Other reports mention lidocaine which can be toxic at high enough doses.
I also read a user on quora state their brother passed away by taking nearly 7 gm of alprazolam and a 6 pack of beer. I think I also read one or two cases, now that I remember of a lady taking a very small amount of alprax think it was about 2 gm and a whole bottle of alcohol and being able to CTB.. Let me see if I can find any of those old cases again.. I'll post it here if I find anything concrete related to this..
It happens but it's not common, just like death from acute alcohol poisoning. It's possible but it's difficult to produce reliably.

7g of alprazolam is also an absolutely enormous dose. It's normally produced in 0.25, 0.5, 1 and 2mg strengths so you're talking about 3500 tablets at the highest strength available. Even 2g would be 1000 pills at that strength or 4000 of the more common 0.5s. ingesting that number of tablets is going to be problematic even if you crush them and mix with water or something.

Then there's getting hold of that quantity. To save that up from a legit prescription would take forever. At 30 tablets a month you're talking something like nine years to get 3500 tablets hoarded. Buying them would also cost a fortune. Last time I bought Xanax from an online pharmacy I paid about £60 for 60 0.5mg tablets so £14k for 7g's worth! Even buying from the darknet markets it's going to cost a lot of money for that kind of quantity.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The opioid megathread lists benzos and alcohol as potentiators.
In combination with opioids I second this.

I also read a user on quora state their brother passed away by taking nearly 7 gm of alprazolam and a 6 pack of beer.
7g ( seven gram)that must be 7k pills?! afaik Alprazolam is taken in small doses of 1-2 mg ?! I'm a bit confused, do you talk about mg? But Ok if he really took 7gram then it's probably lethal.

Benzos are not generally used to OD we would read about much more cases.

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
This method of respiratory depression is unreliable and could result in life with permanent brain damage. Benzos were designed to replace prescription barbiturates, which are medications like N. They are remarkably hard to CTB on because they don't cause the same kind of CNS depression.

E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
There seems to be some doubt about the actual cause of death in that case. It's very hard to believe that 27 alprazolam tablets alone or with alcohol would cause death. Wikipedia reports there were multiple drugs in her system but doesn't name them: "The autopsy indicated that she died of drug overdose, most likely a combination of sedatives, other strong medicines and probably alcohol."
Other reports mention lidocaine which can be toxic at high enough doses.

It happens but it's not common, just like death from acute alcohol poisoning. It's possible but it's difficult to produce reliably.

7g of alprazolam is also an absolutely enormous dose.
One other thing is that she suffered from some medical complications like lupus which some doctors held might have facilitated ctb..

Also I actually meant 7 mg. I am extremely sorry for the gaffe on my part. It's my bad. You seem to have gone to some lengths to make some calculations on the basis of this statement. I have 0.5 mg alprax, hence calculated that all it'll take was 14 pills and maybe 2 to 3 cups of alcohol maybe red wine or something.

The case of the lady I remember was 2mg I think, but am not sure. One has to get this mg/gram thing right otherwise it doesn't make any sense, so I won't talk about it much but as you say it looks like it might be a case of ODing just on alcohol.. I'll try and see if I can fish that case out or some other one.. That'll be a better basis for discussion..

7g ( seven gram)that must be 7k pills?! afaik Alprazolam is taken in small doses of 1-2 mg ?! I'm a bit confused, do you talk about mg? But Ok if he really took 7gram then it's probably lethal.

You're right it was 7mg. My bad. Really sorry for the gaffe. I feel so sheepish now. Sheesh 😣.

You're right it was 7mg. My bad. Really sorry for the gaffe. I feel so sheepish now. Sheesh 😣.

Not sure if it's this one.. The bottle of wine is common but I remembered an older lady.. But anyway.. Here goes one case..

Here's another one. The case conclusion says cause of death was due to acute alprazolam intoxication.. One can only see the names of the drugs but not the dosages. But will it be possible to work it out from the blood level concentrations?

The user Doug Martin in the link below relates how 7 mg of alprax and a six pack of beer helped his brother ctb. Maybe there might have been some pain medication involved as well..

But the general evidence seems to show that it's possible.

Last edited:
S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
This involved a high dose of Tramadol and also alcohol so it can't really be put down as an Alprazolam OD.
Here's another one. The case conclusion says cause of death was due to acute alprazolam intoxication.. One can only see the names of the drugs but not the dosages. But will it be possible to work it out from the blood level concentrations?

Given the reported PM blood levels this seems to have been a massive overdose. Ten times higher than the previous case you mentioned (which was already four times the therapeutic dose). It's not generally possible to reliably estimate how much was consumed from blood levels after death. It depends too much on highly variable factors like absorption and metabolism. This case clearly involved a large amount but it's anyone's guess exactly how much.
The user Doug Martin in the link below relates how 7 mg of alprax and a six pack of beer helped his brother ctb. Maybe there might have been some pain medication involved as well..

That seems unlikely honestly, and even if it were the case it's an exceptional outlier. In the same Quora discussion someone reports surviving a 60mg overdose (albeit with hospital treatment).
But the general evidence seems to show that it's possible.
Yes, it's possible but it's still rare and unlikely. Even with alcohol there's a very good chance you'll just pass out for an extended period. It's just not a reliable method - if it was it would be more widely used.

Reactions: Endisclose
E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
This involved a high dose of Tramadol and also alcohol so it can't really be put down as an Alprazolam OD.
Fine. If that's what it takes I don't mind taking it as well..
Given the reported PM blood levels this seems to have been a massive overdose. Ten times higher than the previous case you mentioned (which was already four times the therapeutic dose).
Do you think this could be closer to 20 mg? Also the subject had taken lorazepam as well which combined with alprax would further CNS depression and accelerate death. I have some lorazepam though.
In the same Quora discussion someone reports surviving a 60mg overdose (albeit with hospital treatment).
I believe the 60 mg one was alprax alone whereas the 7mg one was combined with alcohol.
Yes, it's possible but it's still rare and unlikely. Even with alcohol there's a very good chance you'll just pass out for an extended period. It's just not a reliable method - if it was it would be more widely used.
I guess at the end of the day, reliability is of a higher priority for me. I felt I could have this as my backup method in case of failure with SN, given that I prefer having a method where I ingest a substance. I did think it was used more commonly though.. maybe not quite as successfully as I had imagined perhaps.