ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
Surprise. My parents have been unsupportive and have called me lazy even when I tried to open up and tell them about it once. It only made them angry. My former social circle at uni thinks I just acted out for attention. Ha. Only my close friends believe my intentions, but they thankfully said that they wouldn't stop me and that it was my choice.
If your really good friends say they won't stop you. You have very good friends

• Love
Reactions: snowcloud9
U

uniqueusername987

Sep 9, 2023
I always feel like actors trying to hide our real selves for the final act
Honestly. I'm having fun dropping clues for the more oblivious people who can't seem to catch on. But there are people who I know would catch on (e.g. my mom) so I have to put up a front for them.

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
surprise definitely, but deep down i have a feeling some of my friends and family would know they contributed to it somehow. or maybe that's wishful thinking.

Reactions: ddn.ctb
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Very much expected to the few people who'll even notice I'm gone.

L

Lucilius

Student
Feb 15, 2021
Totally expected. But as long as the people who expect it can pretend to not be aware of it they don't mind.

strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
Mine will be sort of expected that it'll happen eventually but a lot of surprise if I managed to pull it off with the ridiculous amount of safety & people watching me rn.

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
Surprise. Planning carefully before doing it so no one can stop me.

RealitySurf

RealitySurf

Aug 21, 2023
It will make sense, but it will be unexpected

I've talked about this with my family about a year ago.

I remember one day I said that I wanted to kill myself to my mom, and she just said something like "people don't talk who really wants to do it (ctb) never talk about it, people just do it and thats it" kinda ironic because when I was like 5 saw her trying to take a lot of pills

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu and ddn.ctb
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I've been trying to off myself for decades and it's no secret. So my friends won't be surprised in that sense.

But they think I've been doing great for years and have moved beyond that. They won't expect it in that way.

P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
I'm carrying out my daily routine as usual to avoid suspicion, and I am hiding my plans.
It will be a complete surprise to my family, friends and relatives.
None of them know about my CTB plans.

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
If I had a reliable plan to free myself from this existence

@FuneralCry - I ask out of pure curiosity and sincerity, what would you consider to be a reliable plan?

Reactions: jar-baby and ddn.ctb
Bobbylobby

Bobbylobby

Tonight You Belong to Me
Aug 16, 2023
Expected.. I drunkenly showed my friend my suicide note

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think mine would be a mixture really. It would likely be a shock initially but I expect people would then start to think- she was kind of depressed. My friends know I have had ideation from a very young age too- so, it shouldn't really come as a shock to them. My family don't know but- by the time I feel able to go, I'll have no close family left.

I guess we never really know. Probably depends on whether they have considered suicide themselves. I think for people that haven't, it's always going to be more of a shock. The thinking must seem so alien to them.

dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
both, in years past i would have said expected. but everyone thinks im happy and doing well now. It would be more of a surprise if i went now.

Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
As I understand about 50 percent of all suicides are considered to be a surprise to their friends or family. They claim it was totally unexpected.

I'd fall into that category. I feel alone because I have no one to talk to about it. The forum helps to work my feelings I can't express Irl
Probably a surprise if I'm honest. I always presented myself as being okay, with some minor set backs. My grades are good, I try to hang out with my friends (it's been tough recently though) and I interact with my family. I want to keep it this way.

CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
A bit of a 50/50

I tend to joke alot about ctb and stuff so no one things about it too much when I say "yea I'm gonna die tmr"

I've "joked" alot about cbt lately, saying stuff like "yea I bought a rope yesterday I'm so excited". Hopefully my friends won't be too surprised. My family on the other hand though has no clue. I hope they'll take it ok

Suicidal Ideation

Suicidal Ideation

burn my body, celebrate the afterglow
Jul 21, 2023
As I understand about 50 percent of all suicides are considered to be a surprise to their friends or family. They claim it was totally unexpected.

I'd fall into that category. I feel alone because I have no one to talk to about it. The forum helps to work my feelings I can't express Irl
I think my friends should expect it. It'll come as a surprise to my family though.

ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
Probably a surprise if I'm honest. I always presented myself as being okay, with some minor set backs. My grades are good, I try to hang out with my friends (it's been tough recently though) and I interact with my family. I want to keep it this way.
We are always acting things are okay

• Love
Reactions: Gloomislost
A

Avisagia

Aug 27, 2023
totally shocking for my relatives and friends and coworkers and anyone, i never told about my desires to ctb to anyone. they won't believe it even after they see my corpse. there is also nothing that can cause them to suspect, like depression or illness (physical or mental)..

• Hugs
Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
Completely expected. If anything they will be surprised that it wasn't sooner.

• Hugs
revolutionnaire23

revolutionnaire23

Love is a poison that I can't seem to cure.
Aug 6, 2023
Expected for one person. Surprised for everyone else.

• Hugs
turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
i think it would be a mixture of both since my family r completely unaware of my plans but my friends n partner r but their believe that whenever i talk abt it i'm just joking

• Hugs
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Probably a surprise. It shouldn't be, honestly, however they probably will be surprised either way.
They're used to ignoring my issues when it benefits them. Let's see them ignore this.

• Hugs
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Not a surprise. At this point my family is just waiting for it to celebrate.

Borderline

Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder
Aug 8, 2023
Everyone knows that I'm suicidal but no one knows that I'm going to kill myself soon.

• Hugs
waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
a little bit of both, while some know i'm suicidal, i don't think they know how serious i am. it hit me the other day that no one in my family would suspect i have something to end my life.

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Surprise. I never talk about such thing with anyone around me and I look far from the stereotypical images of the suicidal in their heads (crazy, with personality disorders, emotionally unstable, those kinds of crap).

M.O.N

M.O.N

Aug 9, 2023
"surprise" to family, expected by friends. my family doesn't believe me when I say I'm suicidal since I've been saying it since I was 10. they think it's just hysterics no matter how calm and matter-of-fact I am when I express the desire to them. friends have expressed concern at my noticeable decline over the past few years so I don't think it'll be news to them.

• Hugs
J

jordan6243

Sep 9, 2023
I think mine will be a surprise. Even for the people who know the most about my suicidal history and struggles. I don't think that people can make the connection between someone being depressed/suicidal and someone CTB. Maybe depression is so normalized that people who are approaching CTB don't seem any different from people who don't understand. Hopefully, that wasn't too vague. I think it is a rational point. I just hope when I do CTB those people close to me learn to empathize and be better for people.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
@FuneralCry - I ask out of pure curiosity and sincerity, what would you consider to be a reliable plan?
One that works and causes me to cease existing as a result. In this anti-suicide society it's a privilege having access to reliable suicide methods.

Reactions: jordan6243 and Kerrtu