mindless_imp

mindless_imp

lost but not found
Sep 9, 2023
As I understand about 50 percent of all suicides are considered to be a surprise to their friends or family. They claim it was totally unexpected.

I'd fall into that category. I feel alone because I have no one to talk to about it. The forum helps to work my feelings I can't express Irl
hopefully unexpected so they treat the others they love better.

• Hugs
Reactions: ddn.ctb
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
I think mine would be a mixture really.

I feel mine with be a mixture as well.

My sister will likely take it the hardest however she knows much of what I have been through and am going through currently. I have made an effort not to tell her too much about my deteriorating physical health as she is already worried. I will likely mail her a letter with further information. I want her to know how much I love her and not to feel any guilt - we both have tendencies to be hard on ourselves and I want her to know, nothing could have been done to keep me going. It would ultimately be the preservation of a broken heart, really; keeping myself "alive".

My "father", brother and SIL will likely act surprised but they very well may celebrate in their own way. I know my father has been counting against me for decades, but he'll be disappointed I didn't "jump off a fucking bridge" as he advised me to do almost 3 years ago, which was when I decided to end communication with him.

I remember after our mother died, the night we got back from scattering her ashes at sea, my "father" wanted to have a cook out in my brothers backyard.

In November.

We were all looking at each other like wtf - really? My sister and I occasionally reminisce on that and have to laugh at how absolutely fucking absurd and tone deaf he is. Underneath, I find him to be a sadist among other things.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, Larysa and 1 other person
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I feel mine with be a mixture as well.

My sister will likely take it the hardest however she knows much of what I have been through and am going through currently. I have made an effort not to tell her too much about my deteriorating physical health as she is already worried. I will likely mail her a letter with further information. I want her to know how much I love her and not to feel any guilt - we both have tendencies to be hard on ourselves and I want her to know, nothing could have been done to keep me going. It would ultimately be the preservation of a broken heart, really; keeping myself "alive".

My "father", brother and SIL will likely act surprised but they very well may celebrate in their own way. I know my father has been counting against me for decades, but he'll be disappointed I didn't "jump off a fucking bridge" as he advised me to do almost 3 years ago, which was when I decided to end communication with him.

I remember after our mother died, the night we got back from scattering her ashes at sea, my "father" wanted to have a cook out in my brothers backyard.

In November.

We were all looking at each other like wtf - really? My sister and I occasionally reminisce on that and have to laugh at how absolutely fucking absurd and tone deaf he is. Underneath, I find him to be a sadist among other things.
Thank you for such a personal response. Lots to think about. Wish you well

• Hugs
Reactions: Kerrtu
wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
people would be stupid to not see mine coming, and that's an understatement.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ddn.ctb
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Surprise, out of the blue.

• Hugs
Kurai

Kurai

Suffering
Jul 23, 2023
My family & friends knows I'm suicidal so it would be expected, it's just the matter of time.

• Hugs
draekmir

draekmir

I rate life 0 stars
Sep 9, 2023
I'd say it would be pretty expected. I was the typical Myspace goth kid and my family all knows I have mental illnesses though they don't have much to do with me they also know I've attempted in the past and I hate this dreadful life so the exact method and timing will definitely be a surprise but anyone who knows me will definitely be able to say they saw it coming.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Strawberries and ddn.ctb
S

Strawberries

Nov 22, 2022
Definitely not a surprise at all. My family knows about my multiple severe illnesses that I've been battling for over a decade without any success and how much I suffer because of it because it also makes even a somewhat normal life completely impossible. I've talked about my wish to die with my mom countless times and she can understand why as she's witnessed my suffering over all these years. Of course she still doesn't want me to do it because she is my mom (although she has said maybe someday she's ready to let go and give me permission to do it). Everytime she comes into my apartment she's scared of finally finding me dead. So it definitely wouldn't be a surprise..
I'd say it would be pretty expected. I was the typical Myspace goth kid and my family all knows I have mental illnesses though they don't have much to do with me they also know I've attempted in the past and I hate this dreadful life so the exact method and timing will definitely be a surprise but anyone who knows me will definitely be able to say they saw it coming.

Same here. Everyone who knows me will say they saw it coming.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: eden101, Praestat_Mori and draekmir
A

annique

earth's rotation gets me dizzy everyday
Jul 5, 2022
expected, as my closest friend already know what i'm up to and also my family has already discovered my SN, also i've been suicidal since i was about 11yo, they had tried to help me through medications, terapists etc, so it'd be no big of a surprise i think

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If I CTBed it'd be a surprise for some and some might have expected it. So it's a mix.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheMetalhead