L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
As title suggests, I have managed to come across a few meds which I wondered if they might be used for ctb either on their own or combine with any other OD (i.e. H or SN etc). For research purposes of course. Here are the meds;

Lamotigine 100mg x 14

Lamotrigine 25mg x 14

Lansopreazole 15mg x 7

Transulosin MR 400mg x 7

Any help will be appreciated.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I never heard of those meds being used to OD / CTB but a quick search on the internet showed the following LD50s which means that at that dose 50% of experimental animals died (Sources Wikipedia articles):

Lamotigine 205 mg·kg (LD50, Ratte, oral)

Transulosin 650 mg·kg (LD50, Ratte, oral, Hydrochlorid)

You should investigate further. Imo if they really were reliable OD methods they'd be discussed more.

• Informative
Reactions: losing hope and Darkover
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
Thanks for your response @Praestat_Mori & trying to get my head around the LD50 concept. :-)

I am 79KG's so does that mean for Lamotigine @ 205 mg·kg (LD50, Ratte, oral) I would need to take 16,195mg for my body weight? (I.e. 79KG's x 205 mg·kg).

It probably isn't a recknoised OD / CTB method, but I am in possession of these meds hence my question here. Also what you mean when you say "Ratte" & "Hydrochlorid"? Is the first one a typo for Rat?

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I am 79KG's so does that mean for Lamotigine @ 205 mg·kg (LD50, Ratte, oral) I would need to take 16,195mg for my body weight? (I.e. 79KG's x 205 mg·kg).
Exactly then you'd have a 50% chance of dying that in case the medicine is working exactly like in rats. you should double the amount to increase your chance. But again does the medicine work exactly the same in a human body like in rats?

It probably isn't a recknoised OD / CTB method, but I am in possession of these meds hence my question here. Also what you mean when you say "Ratte" & "Hydrochlorid"? Is the first one a typo for Rat?
It refers to Tamsulosin hydrochloride. Do you have a typo or google didn't find your mentioned medicine?

Reactions: losing hope
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
It refers to Tamsulosin hydrochloride. Do you have a typo or google didn't find your mentioned medicine?

Thanks for the clarification. On the packaging it just says Transulosin MR 400mg hence why I didn't know.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
On my packaging it

Thanks for the clarification. On the packaging it just says Transulosin MR 400mg hence why I didn't know.
you can just google <your medicine> LD50

there are other links too. I didn't do an in depth research about it. With this info you can estimate whether an OD is possible or not. We're not doctors here and/or have studied medicine so it's always best to to your own research.

Last edited:
Reactions: losing hope