• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

ravenous

Mar 25, 2024
Do you think it's wrong to take your life with someone else considering the risk that they might change their mind last minute and still die ? If your attempt fails and not your suicide partner's would you be charged for homicide ? Is it still worth it ? Is it selfish to want to have someone die with you ?

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think it is ok if both really want to die independently of the other. I had a suicde pact. I started to feel I d rather do it alone because I was not sure if he wanted to die as much as I wanted and I wouldn't have had a good feeling knowing he suicides for the sake of our deal.

R

ravenous

Mar 25, 2024
I think it is ok if both really want to die independently of the other. I had a suicde pact. I started to feel I d rather do it alone because I was not sure if he wanted to die as much as I wanted and I wouldn't have had a good feeling knowing he suicides for the sake of our deal.
I get your point but it brings up another question. How about if he genuinely needed that pact to feel brave enough to do it ? Like he would've never done it without it and needed that feeling of "obligation" to be able to go through with it but still genuinely wanted to die ?

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I get your point but it brings up another question. How about if he genuinely needed that pact to feel brave enough to do it ? Like he would've never done it without it and needed that feeling of "obligation" to be able to go through with it but still genuinely wanted to die ?
Hm I never thought of it like that to be honest.......
Guess that is what hurt him, that I thought of it egoistically..................... I m stupid. @ravenous

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ravenous
INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
I think it's dumb on too many levels to have a suicide pact because so many things can go wrong and I definitely do not buy into the notion that such a pact can help someone be brave enough to do it. You're either ready or you're not. There's no shame in being not ready. Heck, if you're not ready then maybe there's still some hope in your life and I'd recommend giving life another chance.

It's one thing to have some "fun" before you go but completely another to ctb with them too. Irresponsible and immoral.

R

ravenous

Mar 25, 2024
Hm I never thought of it like that to be honest.......
Guess that is what hurt him, that I thought of it egoistically..................... I m stupid. @ravenous
Oh my god that's not what I meant !!! It's hard to put yourself in other people's shoes and sometimes it is not possible at all...You did what you did out of concerns and good intentions and maybe you were absolutely right about it. Everything is just possibilities you can't be sure about anything when it comes to others...better safe than sorry you did the right thing.
I think it's dumb on too many levels to have a suicide pact because so many things can go wrong and I definitely do not buy into the notion that such a pact can help someone be brave enough to do it. You're either ready or you're not. There's no shame in being not ready. Heck, if you're not ready then maybe there's still some hope in your life and I'd recommend giving life another chance.

It's one thing to have some "fun" before you go but completely another to ctb with them too. Irresponsible and immoral.
Rather than being ready it could be about dying alone...some people don't want that. That's an interesting point of view but do you think there could be exceptions or context doesn't matter at all ??

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Oh my god that's not what I meant !!! It's hard to put yourself in other people's shoes and sometimes it is not possible at all...You did what you did out of concerns and good intentions and maybe you were absolutely right about it. Everything is just possibilities you can't be sure about anything when it comes to others...better safe than sorry you did the right thing.
Yeah ok.... that's true....

Reactions: davidtorez
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
In specific situations, maybe (thinking extreme, thriller genre stuff here) but on the whole I don't think it would be for me. I'd get caught up in doubts and trust and second guessing. If I had enough trust in relationships, I doubt I'd be at the bus stop in the first place.

L

Lost_5oul

Displaced Soul
Mar 1, 2024
I mean as long as the group, or the two of them are on the same page. I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Hell, even without the risk of prison sentence I think the real reason why it's rare is because suicidal thoughts are usually taken negatively.

Especially IRL it's hard to find someone that won't judge you, let alone a person thats willing to leave this world with you

I've always found the concept interesting though.